Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
Listen, I perfectly understand the problems you are talking about. Deleting the custom menu was a mistake. Nevertheless, all the shortcomings named by you are, as far as I remember another version ... 0.4? And the drawing was worse, and the skills were less and the tests of the inond were not justified. I could just ignore and not answer, but I see that you understand what you are talking about, so I will answer. Options like to fight back the Orc are made so that the player does not get arrogant. At the very beginning, there really is a check for a position, but there you can have a different version of development. Having clocked yourself 90+ stats through third-party utilities, you simply broke your passage, since you made everything illogical and cumbersome. You haven't even seen 1/4 of the game, unfortunately.

I can spend months redrawing all the old artwork and making a nicer and nicer interface, or I can continue writing the story and finally finish the SP and move on to another project that is already under development. Personally, I choose the second option. The only thing I have to add is a menu with endings, since there are a lot of them in the game.
Anyway thank you for your opinion.
Honestly, the art has grown on me, and I started to like it in a weird way. Kinda like how Borderlands art style doesn't qualify it for a triple A game title or even match the theme of the story being told, and yet it still is and it grows on you the more you play it and you begin to love it. I also agree cheating in the stats is likely to break a LOT of things, especially with choice based games that uses logical thinking of "oh if you went that earlier route you shouldn't have this stat for this one, but I still want to show you it is a option for another play through if you want to try for it later." That being said I would kill for a [Back-Up] button (like in a lot of HTML games, not sure if Ren'Py supports those though) to explore routes without having to manage 10+ different saves to explore everything or without having to start ground zero each time, or a official up-to-date walkthrough (<- this kinda ruins the surprise of the story though, so the lesser of the two options imo, however does help players know if they missed anything after their first couple of playthroughs). Otherwise, amazing fucking work, and I look forward to others you do.

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
After update main menu is gone and i don't understand how to save or load the game, please help
I was not aware of this problem. It is there, but not everyone has it, this is extremely strange, in the next version I will try to fix it, or just add a button that allows you to go to the main menu, this should solve all the problems.

• Haha
Reactions: gilgamesh9

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
Honestly, the art has grown on me, and I started to like it in a weird way. Kinda like how Borderlands art style doesn't qualify it for a triple A game title or even match the theme of the story being told, and yet it still is and it grows on you the more you play it and you begin to love it. I also agree cheating in the stats is likely to break a LOT of things, especially with choice based games that uses logical thinking of "oh if you went that earlier route you shouldn't have this stat for this one, but I still want to show you it is a option for another play through if you want to try for it later." That being said I would kill for a [Back-Up] button (like in a lot of HTML games, not sure if Ren'Py supports those though) to explore routes without having to manage 10+ different saves to explore everything or without having to start ground zero each time, or a official up-to-date walkthrough (<- this kinda ruins the surprise of the story though, so the lesser of the two options imo, however does help players know if they missed anything after their first couple of playthroughs). Otherwise, amazing fucking work, and I look forward to others you do.
Thank you very much. The next games will be completely different in genre, so yes. I will include the option to return in the final version.

TheStormAbyss

Feb 26, 2019
I was not aware of this problem. It is there, but not everyone has it, this is extremely strange, in the next version I will try to fix it, or just add a button that allows you to go to the main menu, this should solve all the problems.
I mean when I open the game it was started immediately if start new game and I was trying to open menu with right click on my mouse and nothing happened. But before that I was trying to transfer saves for to not to start new game, can it be related?

Reactions: UBAREFEET

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
Can you do something for people playing on the phone?
I could change the mechanics to choose win or lose, but that would kill the mechanics. It's just that initially this is a game for PC, the fact that it comes out on android is rather just a nice bonus.

Reactions: Kuso1249

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
I mean when I open the game it was started immediately if start new game and I was trying to open menu with right click on my mouse and nothing happened. But before that I was trying to transfer saves for to not to start new game, can it be related?
Yes. It automatically starts the game, as if the game has crashed. And in this case, this bug appears.

crotana

Feb 7, 2020
Just posting to say this is my favorite game I've played on here to balance out some of the negative feedback. I get that the art style is a little irregular but it really didn't take me long to get used to it and enjoy it a lot. I will say content wise I personally preferred more of the earlier updates but still enjoyed the more recent stuff, but I suppose that could just be due to new paths having to branch out with a game like this. I've played every version a number of times (besides current release - about to) and still definitely haven't seen a number of the endings haha, hoping for a scene select / gallery option or mod at some point. The UI (always run out of save slots, no save thumbnails, no gallery, no back button) is the only real downside for me.

Keep it up! Looking forward to future release & future projects.

Medak

Oct 11, 2019
Had my eye on this game for a while, waited to rack up some updates before trying it and now when I finally download it, I get that no menu/save bug.
Guess we are just not meant to be :D

wizenedwizard

Aug 9, 2018
Like others already mentioned, when I first opened this new version (0.9), there was no start menu and the game begins immediately, and the escape button menu and saving was disabled.

That said, it fixed itself after getting one ending, since after getting an ending it will bring you back to the save menu, which lets you load previous saves. After that, it seems to let you save again.

UBAREFEET

NO TABOO FOR YOU.
Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
Like others already mentioned, when I first opened this new version (0.9), there was no start menu and the game begins immediately, and the escape button menu and saving was disabled.

That said, it fixed itself after getting one ending, since after getting an ending it will bring you back to the save menu, which lets you load previous saves. After that, it seems to let you save again.
Don't worry, I'll fix everything for the final version and make a menu with endings. I really have something to do and I am well aware of some of the problems.

3.20 star(s) 29 Votes