pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
That's a little complicated to answer because of the nature of the game. Simple answer [the one you are prob looking for!] is no... The sci-fi answer is 'kind of' :LOL: Sorry if that's not very clear!
Well, now when I think about... Ranli can use her coming like one of the abrubt "bad ending" :D

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

Testerboy321

Dec 3, 2019
Ranli, you have done an amazing job with this so far and I look forward to seeing more. I don't think that of much, and say it less. With making a game like this what are some of the most time consuming parts for you? I am guessing there are either times you have to wait for things to process or work on art and/or coding, but that is just my guess. I particularly am interested in hearing if there is anything that can be outsourced, as I have a vacation coming up and decided I would like to learn something new, as my travel plans had to be canceled (I have free time normally I could potentially continue to help with, but extra free time to learn new things is nice). Either way a bit of insight into your work would be interesting at the least. I would DM you this but I don't think I can as I do not normally post.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Ranli, you have done an amazing job with this so far and I look forward to seeing more. I don't think that of much, and say it less. With making a game like this what are some of the most time consuming parts for you? I am guessing there are either times you have to wait for things to process or work on art and/or coding, but that is just my guess. I particularly am interested in hearing if there is anything that can be outsourced, as I have a vacation coming up and decided I would like to learn something new, as my travel plans had to be canceled (I have free time normally I could potentially continue to help with, but extra free time to learn new things is nice). Either way a bit of insight into your work would be interesting at the least. I would DM you this but I don't think I can as I do not normally post.
Thanks Testerboy! Your kind offer is much appreciated :D

First your question, though... :unsure:... Which parts are the most time-consuming? Most likely making the renders... On my production cycle, I need to make 10 images per day - alongside all the coding, dialogue, graphics, soundscaping etc. An image using my existing characters and scenes might only take half an hour or less; but if I have to make new characters and scenes a lot longer [sorting out the lighting can be a day's work in itself, since you have to do multiple test renders and tweak iteratively until it's right!]. The rest of the waiting is usually fine - I can just set them to batch render while I'm sleeping/working on something else. The artwork, along with dialogue and music, is the part I most enjoy.

Outsourcing is tough - in a project like this everything tends to be tangled up. I'm looking to create a team, but after past experience it will need to be with experienced hands who've already made their own CGI games and comics and can commit to a lengthy period.

There is something I could use help with, though: I've started making up personnel files and galleries [accessible from the Virtual Stable] - but it's rather time consuming work. If you were willing to help with this, it would be of enormous assistance to the game. It would involve:
  1. playing through all the permutations of the game, choosing suitable gallery images, critical information and sexual acts for each character; and noting where they need to be triggered.
  2. if you're familiar with renpy code, adding these triggers into the scripts and the gallery.
  3. if you're familiar with photoshop, making the the various UI graphics required [you'll see the examples in SpaceCorps XXX - v0.3.4a\game\images\gui\personnelfiles]
If you're interested, let me know [and don't feel that you've already committed yourself to anything! :LOL: Just as in the game, I always leave an option to back away ;)]

Reactions: pilgrim2003

Testerboy321

Dec 3, 2019
Thank you very much for the information. It is good that you enjoy what you do~, as life goes on happiness becomes more apparent as being very important. I understand the need for experienced team members. I'd be at most an unpaid intern who gets more practice with something I am interested in, and help with the creation of something I enjoy. I have coding practice with other systems, and looking at Renpy it seems more user friendly than some. I will test it out a bit to be sure first though. I am less familiar with Photoshop but expect that it should be managable. I will test that as well and get back to you by Sunday and either tell you I feel able to help with this or that its too much for me.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Thank you very much for the information. It is good that you enjoy what you do~, as life goes on happiness becomes more apparent as being very important. I understand the need for experienced team members. I'd be at most an unpaid intern who gets more practice with something I am interested in, and help with the creation of something I enjoy. I have coding practice with other systems, and looking at Renpy it seems more user friendly than some. I will test it out a bit to be sure first though. I am less familiar with Photoshop but expect that it should be managable. I will test that as well and get back to you by Sunday and either tell you I feel able to help with this or that its too much for me.
Look forward to hearing from you on Sunday, then :D

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Is there a gay scene in the next update?;)
More than 1, Charlien! :p There are also straight, bi & lesbian scenes [best results for all are obtained if taboo is enabled].
Any ETA for the new update, RanliLabz ?
No :LOL: It keeps getting bigger and bigger. Problem is, I really love writing Sam content [he's my virtual best-bud :ROFLMAO:] - so it's already substantially bigger than the last update and still growing! :eek:

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
No :LOL: It keeps getting bigger and bigger. Problem is, I really love writing Sam content [he's my virtual best-bud :ROFLMAO:] - so it's already substantially bigger than the last update and still growing! :eek:
Well, I don't mind at all, as long as you don't forget to give sweet little Anna some love as well. ;)

Edit: I'm rather proud of myself for resisting the urge to say "That's what she said!" in response to quite a few of your sentences back there. :p

• Haha

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Well, I don't mind at all, as long as you don't forget to give sweet little Anna some love as well. ;)

Edit: I'm rather proud of myself for resisting the urge to say "That's what she said!" in response to quite a few of your sentences back there. :p
The problem with making an adult game is that every word I say can be interpreted as a Kenneth Williams routine :LOL:

Anna's not in this one [she and Cole are up next time, though] - but there should be plenty of other chicas to keep your interest ;)

Reactions: Dreadder

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
The problem with making an adult game is that every word I say can be interpreted as a Kenneth Williams routine :LOL:

Anna's not in this one [she and Cole are up next time, though] - but there should be plenty of other chicas to keep your interest ;)
Ah, ok, I thought she'll be part of the upcoming update as well, but I guess I misremembered it.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes