Slothi

Feb 20, 2021
How long into the game until the main character doesn't randomly die or get a game over because he shows the slightest ounce of not being a total wuss? Because holy shit this intro is one of the worst I have ever played. Every time. Every damn time I wind up in a sexual scene it's femdom and the girl asking the main character to taste his own cum. And any time I try the slightest bit to deviate it I end up in a game over. Like there's this girl masturbating on top of the washer and somehow she's asking me to taste my cum? Why? Especially since I had already turned "off" that option TWICE before. What in the fucking hell is wrong with this game?
I think the cum eating fetish is just a bug, as none of the other fetishes ask multiple times if you want them on or off regardless of if you already state which way you swing. I had it turned on and it still asked me if I was okay with it each time where nothing else did that.

As for the random deaths, I found it a little annoying too at first, but now I usually just do a play through without the guide and then after 2 death attempts will do the walk through. At least the walkthrough is built into the game unlike others where you have to look them up. (this could be done cleaner still like have the game remember which paths you already took so it can warn you on repeat play throughs with like red text or something.)

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
How long into the game until the main character doesn't randomly die or get a game over because he shows the slightest ounce of not being a total wuss? Because holy shit this intro is one of the worst I have ever played. Every time. Every damn time I wind up in a sexual scene it's femdom and the girl asking the main character to taste his own cum. And any time I try the slightest bit to deviate it I end up in a game over. Like there's this girl masturbating on top of the washer and somehow she's asking me to taste my cum? Why? Especially since I had already turned "off" that option TWICE before. What in the fucking hell is wrong with this game?
And what exactly would you expect, being your first day as a naïve recruit in a completely totalitarian armed forces? That you'll just order your superiors to drop their knickers and suck your dick?

MC does grow bolder with time if you choose so though, even though he may be horrified by it at first - scene with Kraathi? in jail is a good example of that, as is the interogation scene that admittedly starts more femdomish at first. And you get plenty of chance to show your spine in all the bunk bed conversations - especially in the last update's content.

As for having to say no to the content multiple times - that is intentional. Sometimes picking a choice disables multiple options, that's why RanliLabz wanted to make sure that you don't lock yourself out of content unintentionally. The game is currently in its first phase, which is all about making choices and deciding what you want to see and what not in second phase.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
And what exactly would you expect, being your first day as a naïve recruit in a completely totalitarian armed forces? That you'll just order your superiors to drop their knickers and suck your dick?
Uh, no. But I would expect a slutty nurse who's giving a guy a handy wouldn't throw the guy in the brig just because he didn't warn her he was about to cum. Or I wouldn't expect the main character who has already been established to have been working out to get in great shape to get kicked in the head by the much weaker looking guy (who is getting cheated on by his 'girlfriend' obviously). That would be the time to have the guy try and kick the main character but because he's in the shower his foot slips and he falls on his ass and his 'girlfriend' laughs at him. Do you see how I just wrote something where the MC doesn't have to back down like a coward AND it makes complete sense to the situation? That's what this game needs more of. There is absolutely ZERO reason for what happens in the shower with that guy to play out like it did.

Reactions: Sole

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Or I wouldn't expect the main character who has already been established to have been working out to get in great shape to get kicked in the head by the much weaker looking guy (who is getting cheated on by his 'girlfriend' obviously).
Yes, because everyone knows working out equals fighting skills. It makes no sense that a guy who's never thrown a punch gets his ass kicked by someone who's in the military.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Yes, because everyone knows working out equals fighting skills. It makes no sense that a guy who's never thrown a punch gets his ass kicked by someone who's in the military.
You're talking about the same guy who got the drill sergeant completely flat on her back with no ability to counter, correct? Now compare the shower cuck with the physique of the drill sergeant. And I'll repeat, a wet communal shower is not an environment that's conducive for a roundhouse kick. Trying that in real life and you will fall on your ass because your leg planted on the floor will slip on the wet floor as soon as you make the sudden and abrupt kicking motion with the other leg.

Reactions: obibobi and Sole

Slothi

Feb 20, 2021
You're talking about the same guy who got the drill sergeant completely flat on her back with no ability to counter, correct? Now compare the shower cuck with the physique of the drill sergeant. And I'll repeat, a wet communal shower is not an environment that's conducive for a roundhouse kick. Trying that in real life and you will fall on your ass because your leg planted on the floor will slip on the wet floor as soon as you make the sudden and abrupt kicking motion with the other leg.
I think this game just isn't for you if your taking the Narrative this seriously. Its clearly built to be very tongue in cheek, over the top, crazy.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
What happened with Sarge was a lucky move from Jimmy, for which he paid a few moments later.

Also this game is a sci-fi about a militaristic space regime who encourages their officers to sexual harass their subordinates and where the protagonist Jimmy has psychic powers (just like the people from section 8) and a lot of situations are presented with quite a heavy dose of humor. So perhaps taking it way too seriously isn't the right approach to play the game.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
...So perhaps taking it way too seriously isn't the right approach to play the game.
Definitely correct!
I know, that for new players it can be difficult to understand, and mostly, it is almost impossible for them to read through the whole thread where these issues were many times discussed and explained. Nevertheless, at least first pages of the thread and some reviews could help. The newcomers could be assured, that MC is not to perish and although he can be abused a lot in the first day, he can also avoid many of the abuses. The player should play cautiously and not without the intent to lick every pussy or dick they see. Yeah, I know this is a funny (or horrible) idea for many F95-user, however that's the reality of the game we love so much :)

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
I absolutely loved the Cole episode, but I am a bit disappointed that there is no male incest route. (Considering now there's 3 girl routes and only 2 male)

Not gonna lie though, every time I hear that error noise too when rejecting a female makes you feel like you did something wrong, which feels kind of shaming.

Also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the player is supposed to be able to imagine the characters in whatever orientations they most favor.

If I recall correctly the player gets the wah-wah-wah error noise with Sam, not just with females.

Sam strikes me as primarily gay but just trying to fit in and be a nice, easy going guy, so more accepting and encouraging of het expression by his friends rather than actually being bi- himself.
... gay fan service.

With Anna she's painted as clearly pretty bi-curious despite her straight-laced religious upbringing.
... lesbian fan service.

I haven't played the latest update but I think with Cole the suggestion is that he can be interpreted as bi-, or even gay or trans, but "compensating" and living in denial of his latent same-sex and/or trans impulses. ... trans fan service.

Plus there's all of the Fatima and alien gang bang stuff (with lots of emphasis on male bodies, hence arguably gay fan service despite it being technically mostly het activity), and the demon futas (I don't claim to know what kind of fan service that is), the nuns with guns, the milfs, the dominatrices, the top and bottom gay prison cells, the steampunk loli, the hairdresser, etc.

I think issues of orientation and identity are handled about as well as a game-maker for a mixed audience can handle them. I don't think Rani's writing for a specifically gay or specifically het audience, and he presumably wants to create a game with as high a percentage of its content as possible that's playable by anyone, rather than having a game with lots of "no go" areas (ie. do not enter this game branch if het, and do not enter that one if gay). Obviously there are going to be some branches like that, but I think he wants to simplify development and make as few of those as possible while maintaining a diversity of fan service. I'm guessing that at least about 5/6 of his players are het ... so that kind of limits things. The kink and preference system he's come up with seems unique in these sorts of games and seems to be working really well. The fact that he's portraying the characters all as growing up on a backwoods planet ruled by religious fundamentalists, but part of a larger radically sexually libertine society, also adds a layer of interest and is a lens through which the characters and their preferences need to be interpreted.

Reactions: Adamex

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think the player is supposed to be able to imagine the characters in whatever orientations they most favor.

[snip]
In my view it's even beyond fan-service, I think the game and most of its characters are thought to be as pansexual as possible, with very few linked to a specific gender orientation (as in, this is how it works in the future). Of course in practice this translates into creating scenes catering to a specific kink, but I find it pretty consistent in terms of world-building.

Reactions: Apostate
Feb 12, 2020

If I recall correctly the player gets the wah-wah-wah error noise with Sam, not just with females.

Sam strikes me as primarily gay but just trying to fit in and be a nice, easy going guy, so more accepting and encouraging of het expression by his friends rather than actually being bi- himself.
... gay fan service.
Sam masturbates alone while watching a woman bathe back on their home. Like, I agree that he seems to lean towards men, particularly the MC, but he's definitely interested in women too. Bisexuals can have preferences to one sex and still be bi.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I think the game and most of its characters are thought to be as pansexual as possible, with very few linked to a specific gender orientation (as in, this is how it works in the future).
I wouldn’t say pansexual, more like schrödringersexual. Their sexuality is only defined when it needs to be defined. Before that it can be either (or neither).

perles75

May 16, 2020
I wouldn’t say pansexual, more like schrödringersexual. Their sexuality is only defined when it needs to be defined. Before that it can be either (or neither).
I don't think that's true. The fact that we don't know something in certain paths doesn't make it undefined, it's simply an information we don't possess (e.g. Sam ogling both widow Mulligan and pastor Chang at the pond). Plus we know of several members of the Mercury's crew who are clearly pansexual (Flora, Philmore, many of the aliens...)

Waylight

Nov 10, 2019
Anyone able to post the walkthroughs for Anna and Cole? Also is there a way to access the in game walkthrough on android, cheers

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes