syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
I haven't played this game in a while, could I get a brief overview on the shapeshifter hunting you coming into season 2 and why the MC isn't supposed to tell anyone?

perles75

May 16, 2020
Yeah, that's been my impression as well. What'll be interesting is how well they manage to fill out the various options, both for building stats and for branch-specific experience.

For now, e.g., getting the medical branch xp requires you to play the MC as a gay (or bi) bottom, IIRC. Making sure there are different options for players with different proclivities to harvest enough xp to qualify in more or less every branch would be a major undertaking, and could take up a lot of development time. Having the different branches gated by different kinks/persuasions would be easier, but could lead to some disgruntled players.
yes, that's going to be an interesting point... I wouldn't feel like playing m/f content to get a specific branch points for example. I believe that you'll be able to get branch points also outside the missions though, so things might compensate.

Reactions: gregers

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
MC isn't supposed to talk because he doesn't know who the shifter is and can't trust anyone - we don't want the shifter to know that we're unto him.
Thanks for the overview. Do you remember how the MC realized there was a shifter on board? Did someone tell him he's being hunted?

Feb 12, 2022
Thanks for the overview. Do you remember how the MC realized there was a shifter on board? Did someone tell him he's being hunted?
Rydick won't tell you but you can read his mind while you mind his Rydick. The nuns will contact you with a hologram and tell you.

perles75

May 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think there's a reason why the shifter hasn't killed Jimmi yet, it's mentioned at a certain point. Apparently the discovery that the MC has psychic powers blocked on its tracks for some reason, and now it's trying to figure out stuff. I suppose it's connected to the main motivation of the group that actually sent the shifter.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Anyone else been having trouble with the game crashing on launch for the past 3 or 4 updates?
Did ya try adjusting your Render settings?
Hold down the Shift key - start the game.
Upper Left, select 'Angle...'
Then press Quit and start the game normally.

Let me know if that helps or not. Sometimes it does!! :>)

Reactions: stormyse

hardon1977

Mar 28, 2018

I don't even get the window for more than a fraction of a second. I get the working hourglass, a flash of the window and then it closes on it's own.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I don't even get the window for more than a fraction of a second. I get the working hourglass, a flash of the window and then it closes on it's own.
Check your directory structure, some game don't like if some of the folders use certain characters.maybe test the game in your root folder

hardon1977

Mar 28, 2018

I had to delete some old saves in my User folder under Roaming. I got it working now.

Feb 12, 2022
I think there's a reason why the shifter hasn't killed Jimmi yet, it's mentioned at a certain point. Apparently the discovery that the MC has psychic powers blocked on its tracks for some reason, and now it's trying to figure out stuff. I suppose it's connected to the main motivation of the group that actually sent the shifter.
Where/when is that said? Can't remember, but it could be part of the content that I don't investigate.

It isn't established that the shifter has psychic powers, so I don't know how they should figure out that Jimmy does. That said, the only explanation for the shifter not having killed anyone yet is that their mission is NOT to assassinate but to investigate.

It's very unclear what and why, but I'm sure that sooner or earlier the shifter will get acquainted with Jimmy's whatchamidingdong and explain everything about their mission. Such is the tradition, in space.[/ISPOLER]

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes