alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Clearly when the other games made a scene for his game, he made a scene for their game in exchange.
We had a lot of collabs in order to cross-promote. It was to be expected that he would have to invest time in their games as well.

It's not like this game hasn't been getting content. It has. Steady content, every month, straight and gay, very balanced I should say (I play both).
What ya'll are upset about is that the content is:
- Guest writers doing missions that have no stakes in the story;
- Dream and hallucinatory sequences that also have no stakes in the story.

The best update we had in a long while was the one where we killed the alien thingy, precisely because it moved the story forward. I dunno about his Patrons, but around F95, it seems people really want more meat in the story and less content that seems "filler-ish"

The way you guys talk about it, it almost feels like he has abandoned the game and hasn't posted an update in 6 months. There have been several updates, just not with the content you wanna play.

Sierrus

Jul 19, 2017
The way you guys talk about it, it almost feels like he has abandoned the game and hasn't posted an update in 6 months. There have been several updates, just not with the content you wanna play.
I don't really know about any other gamedev-related sites, but when it comes to F95 this has to be one of the whiniest and entitled communities I've ever come across. People make it their sole purpose just to bitch, which is why I only really treat it as a pirating site and it's probably what it will always be even if it tries to do something to stem away from it for whatever reason. There's just nothing good about it other than fairly regular content leaks. There's no point drilling it into people's empty heads either, they'll keep bitching. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, in regards to the alien kill update, the only thing that felt awkward for me in it is that in the gay side of things we literally got anally penetrated by the alien and it was the first "actual" anal penetration we had for MC which is a really significant thing and it just...happened, just like that. It was bit like..."well alrighty, THAT happened".

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I don't really know about any other gamedev-related sites, but when it comes to F95 this has to be one of the whiniest and entitled communities I've ever come across. People make it their sole purpose just to bitch, which is why I only really treat it as a pirating site and it's probably what it will always be even if it tries to do something to stem away from it for whatever reason. There's just nothing good about it other than fairly regular content leaks. There's no point drilling it into people's empty heads either, they'll keep bitching. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know others but none have quite as many complainers as this one

That said, in regards to the alien kill update, the only thing that felt awkward for me in it is that in the gay side of things we literally got anally penetrated by the alien and it was the first "actual" anal penetration we had for MC which is a really significant thing and it just...happened, just like that. It was bit like..."well alrighty, THAT happened".
Yeah, that was annoying to me too. I wanted to have that experience with our chosen LI.
Although we have been waiting for a dick inside us for a long time. I guess now that the cat is out of the bag, MC will stop being such a prude about it. I'm particularly excited for that with Sam.

• Love
  • Red Heart
Reactions: akiolo and Sierrus

Finnean

Jul 18, 2021
Clearly when the other games made a scene for his game, he made a scene for their game in exchange.
We had a lot of collabs in order to cross-promote. It was to be expected that he would have to invest time in their games as well.

It's not like this game hasn't been getting content. It has. Steady content, every month, straight and gay, very balanced I should say (I play both).
What ya'll are upset about is that the content is:
- Guest writers doing missions that have no stakes in the story;
- Dream and hallucinatory sequences that also have no stakes in the story.

The best update we had in a long while was the one where we killed the alien thingy, precisely because it moved the story forward. I dunno about his Patrons, but around F95, it seems people really want more meat in the story and less content that seems "filler-ish"

I think you hit the nail on the head. People on Patreon and Discord are definitely less outspoken about when they dislike something, but you can notice when something is unpopular. The dreams and holodeck content is definitely unpopular over there, too. A special mention deserves the Cole dream update since it took a long time and the scenes in the locker room, which where most of them, really didn't need to be dreams, since they could play out in the story reasonably soon. The general consensus about the holodeck/drem content seems to range from "meh" to "decent, but no substitute for real content".

I think a problem is that the content is used very clumsily. There shouldn't be updates focused on them, they should be supplementary when the update has to focus on specific content and there is no time to add a full scene, so something is inserted as side content. So for example he makes a M/M focused update but adds F/M focused Holodeck content. There is also the fact that the guest content probably didn't go as planned. They probably took more work from him than initially assumed, there were continuity errors and bugs that needed fixing, and people didn't enjoy the content as it is because they felt it took away from the content they wanted.

Reactions: gojira667

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I think you hit the nail on the head. People on Patreon and Discord are definitely less outspoken about when they dislike something, but you can notice when something is unpopular. The dreams and holodeck content is definitely unpopular over there, too. A special mention deserves the Cole dream update since it took a long time and the scenes in the locker room, which where most of them, really didn't need to be dreams, since they could play out in the story reasonably soon. The general consensus about the holodeck/drem content seems to range from "meh" to "decent, but no substitute for real content".

I think a problem is that the content is used very clumsily. There shouldn't be updates focused on them, they should be supplementary when the update has to focus on specific content and there is no time to add a full scene, so something is inserted as side content. So for example he makes a M/M focused update but adds F/M focused Holodeck content. There is also the fact that the guest content probably didn't go as planned. They probably took more work from him than initially assumed, there were continuity errors and bugs that needed fixing, and people didn't enjoy the content as it is because they felt it took away from the content they wanted.
People need to stop expecting so much from a WIP, particularly a WIP that is this complicated, it's a Jigsaw with a massive number of pieces, you aren't going to see the whole picture until much later in development (good or bad).
I agree with the Dev's use of Dreams and Holodeck BTW, it means you can had sexual scenes without committing to any LI's or Kinks. I makes me laugh when I see people referring to it as "not real content"... None of this is "real" BTW, not to mention you have no idea how "real" Dreams/Holodeck are! when you consider the Demon and AI realms (My money says that those dreams/holo-expereinces will turn out to be more "real" than you think)

Finnean

Jul 18, 2021
People need to stop expecting so much from a WIP, particularly a WIP that is this complicated, it's a Jigsaw with a massive number of pieces, you aren't going to see the whole picture until much later in development (good or bad).
I agree with the Dev's use of Dreams and Holodeck BTW, it means you can had sexual scenes without committing to any LI's or Kinks. I makes me laugh when I see people referring to it as "not real content"... None of this is "real" BTW, not to mention you have no idea how "real" Dreams/Holodeck are! when you consider the Demon and AI realms (My money says that those dreams/holo-expereinces will turn out to be more "real" than you think)
"Work in progress" isn't an excuse. It is something he releases to the public and as such subject to public scrutiny. This isn't an incomplete build leaked against his will, it is something he publishes and monetizes for faster access. Are people not allowed to criticize individual episodes of a TV show? What about individual seasons of it? How about books? According to your logic it would be impossible to judge the Song of Ice and Fire at the moment. But what if the author dies before that? Can the series never be evaluated because we can only see a part of the "jigsaw"? I am also a patron, so I have to justify my monthly financial support with what is currently there and planned.

I don't know what you mean with your next paragraph. There is almost no content that requires "committing" to anything in the game. That is a major criticism of that content since it doesn't build on or up to anything. I also don't think anyone minds the concept of having scenes that couldn't happen otherwise or not yet as Holograms or Dreams. This is why I mentioned the one that caused the most criticism, since it really didn't need to be one, since it could justifiably happen within the next in-game week. Ranli also acknowledged this problem and may turn them into "daytime" scenes and replace them with scenes that may be more appropriate as dream scenarios. Point is, people WANT commitment and scenes to build up to something. If people want to look at contextless sex scenes, there are more online for free than anyone can watch in a lifetime. No one minds the one-off consequence-free content by itself (some may don't come after me, it's just a figure of speech). They mind that it takes away from content that would actually build the story up.

Everyone knows that none of the characters are real. There is even setup for two of the Holodeck scenes to have "on-ship" impact. The problem is that the payoff isn't there. That's what people want. Setup and payoff. The basics of storytelling.

Sierrus

Jul 19, 2017
Everyone knows that none of the characters are real. There is even setup for two of the Holodeck scenes to have "on-ship" impact. The problem is that the payoff isn't there. That's what people want. Setup and payoff. The basics of storytelling.
...You really need to separate the "people" of F95 and actual supporters of the game. The bitchers of F95 are very clear in what they want, as alexxx said, the content that solely interests them and fuck everything else. The game still has continuous updates that provide content for both gay and straight players quite equally, and "people" still bitch about no Cis or Anna. Criticizing the game for a certain direction it's heading towards is fine (but not on F95, since this is a cesspool of mindless content-starving zombies), bitching about not getting your specific kink or interest in an ocean of said kinks and interests over and over and over again in 400 pages of a thread, is retarded. THAT'S the difference between the paying patrons and F95 whiners.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
"Work in progress" isn't an excuse......
Of course it's an excuse, A painting might require thousands of brush strokes, many of which will do little to enlighten the impatient about the end product.
....I don't know what you mean with your next paragraph.....
Then you haven't been paying attention,
1) it's clear the Holodeck has it's own reality with at least one sentient AI Love interest (an Obsessive one at that). and
2) the MC being Psychic means that Dreams have impact whether is is physical travel through dimensions (to interact with demons), reading the minds of his fellow crew, or influencing their character through dream mind manipulation.

You haven't the faintest idea about what impacts what, neither do I. Time will tell in regard to pay off.

Feel free to talk about what you want, but dude don't talk about what "people" want! you haven't the faintest idea what ratio of people want what!... I'm people too and I'm intrigued to discover in due course where Rani is taking this game, I for one don't want it rushed because of people who need instant gratification.

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
Like TV shows, devs with a relatively large number of patrons are incentivized to stretch the game for as long as possible. For every Breaking Bad, you have dozens of shows that keep going until the ratings dry up, which almost always means the show's quality has degraded quite a bit.

I don't know which category this game belongs to, just pointing out that this stuff have happens more often than not.

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
I am not really sure about that. As far as Bound by Night and Summer Vacation go, neither of them feature anything written by Ranli, at least from what I've seen. SV does have some guest side stories (none of which are by Ranli), but I'm not even sure where guest writer content could be included in BBN. However, they do both have an in-game promo for SpaceCorps, where one of the characters mentions it as a game they have on their phone (the SV promo was the reason I decided to check SpaceCorps out, lol).

Maybe he did end up making something for the other games, but I didn't really get the impression that the guest content would be mutual, it seemed more like Ranli commissioned the guest devs to write something up so that there was some content for season 2 to start with, while they would get promotion and engagement for their games in exchange. I guess it did work as intended, as the guest missions did get me interested in some of the games, like BBN.

I also found it a bit abrupt how the shapeshifter update had the MC bottom for the first time without much acknowledgement, especially since up to that point the game always stressed when something was the first time for the MC (first oral, first vaginal sex, etc.). I guess technically the BBN medical mission was his very first time? Though I'm not sure how much of the guest missions is canon or not.

While I can understand the frustration with the dream sequences, I think they do serve a purpose in that they satisfy the players who want to see the sex scenes with the characters without having to wait until the relationships had developed in-game, while also appealing to some of the unrealistic fantasies, like the Dan/Sam dream.

My main issue with them is that they have whole updates dedicated to them, when they are essentially filler content that could just be made to be part of a dedicated evening update or something, like how the shower scenes are part of the morning one. It feels like they slow down the pace of an already slowly progressing game. And now if the new demon sequences will also be getting dedicated updates, it will take an eternity to even get to the end of the first week.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Nice update. Annoying to be caught by Ci-ci in the showers. Sad for Sam so I hope the future investigations will soothe him. The gym was too much focused on comparison and humiliation but sexy. I'm not even sure bonding more will be possible with Subcommander due to his reaction afterwards, unless we use our psychic powers on him.

The real problem is they easily write what they hate but are rarely doing so with what they like. That's why comments and review are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah, that was annoying to me too. I wanted to have that experience with our chosen LI.
Although we have been waiting for a dick inside us for a long time. I guess now that the cat is out of the bag, MC will stop being such a prude about it. I'm particularly excited for that with Sam.
I also found it a bit abrupt how the shapeshifter update had the MC bottom for the first time without much acknowledgement, especially since up to that point the game always stressed when something was the first time for the MC (first oral, first vaginal sex, etc.). I guess technically the BBN medical mission was his very first time? Though I'm not sure how much of the guest missions is canon or not.
If the real problem is keeping Jimmy's anal virginity, we can just top in that scene.
Personally, what I really didn't like here was seeing him cry because he was hurting both physicallly and mentally. Poor boy. Being fucked in each hole at the same time was an interesting idea though.

Good continuation.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes