azagtoth56

Dec 19, 2018
But i gotta agree with azagtoth56 - the MC getting even dumber is just a complete turnoff. It's somewhat ok to play simpleton (even if I still strongly dislike it), but he's on medically retarded-levels and just annoying. I'd honestly rather play the bigoted sack of shit that is Mister Microdick Cole, than the redneck-retard who is too stupid to turn on a goddamn laptop in the space-age.

I could not have said that anymore clear. Thank you Sir. :)

I like this game but that MC is just a plain turn off as Nizzquizz stated above. Sorry Ranli.

Reactions: RanliLabz

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Played this for the very first time today and it is a hoot! Really very funny with some great art as well. I had originally skipped this game each time I saw it uploaded because it listed so many kinks that I was not interested in, but you really can completely tailor your game play to only the the kinks you want to see, and the use of the colored conversation lines to help lead you (or keep you from heading towards kinks that do not interest you) works extremely well. Also I was surprised to see someone complaining about not much content as I thought there was really quite a reasonable amount, I feel like I played for at least a couple hours on what is currently in the game so far, and that was even when turning off some content I was not interested in. Great work so far RanliLabz !

• Love

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
I could not have said that anymore clear. Thank you Sir. :)

I like this game but that MC is just a plain turn off as Nizzquizz stated above. Sorry Ranli.
Thanks for the thanks ;)
Anyway, if you look at Ranli's answer, he seems to plan to up the MC's braaaaainz via missions (either via story - or possibly rewards?). If that's the direction going forward, or even just a possibility, I'll happily wait for it. Well, not happily, because waiting sucks, but you know what I mean.
There's just hoping that the project doesn't become too overwhelming and big. Seen other devs stumble hard over the pure size of different branches and varying content - and their games didn't have nearly as many kinks as SpaceCorps.

rfox317

May 19, 2019
What sex scenes? There is none I don't count fantasies as sex scenes
You had the nurse in one of the earlier updates and the Sarge quite a bit later you also had a couple demonic sexual encounters I also seem to recall you and the AI get a bit hot and heavy. Plus you may not count fantasies as sex but sexual acts are clearly depicted in living color.

Last edited:

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Played this for the very first time today and it is a hoot! Really very funny with some great art as well. I had originally skipped this game each time I saw it uploaded because it listed so many kinks that I was not interested in, but you really can completely tailor your game play to only the the kinks you want to see, and the use of the colored conversation lines to help lead you (or keep you from heading towards kinks that do not interest you) works extremely well. Also I was surprised to see someone complaining about not much content as I thought there was really quite a reasonable amount, I feel like I played for at least a couple hours on what is currently in the game so far, and that was even when turning off some content I was not interested in. Great work so far RanliLabz !
Thanks freak! :D Glad to know that the gameplay is ticking up that much (lol - because I know all the choices it's hard for me to guess the play-length for a first time player!)
Thanks for the thanks ;)
Anyway, if you look at Ranli's answer, he seems to plan to up the MC's braaaaainz via missions (either via story - or possibly rewards?). If that's the direction going forward, or even just a possibility, I'll happily wait for it. Well, not happily, because waiting sucks, but you know what I mean.
There's just hoping that the project doesn't become too overwhelming and big. Seen other devs stumble hard over the pure size of different branches and varying content - and their games didn't have nearly as many kinks as SpaceCorps.
Glad to see you're still in it, Nizzquizz! :D And as far as IQ points go, some will be direct storyline (he's got to get at least back to his starting IQ for any of the branches, lol :LOL:) and some will be points you work for in the stat-building by taking optional missions and training sessions. For obvious workload reasons, that's all quite staggered out to work with the main-storyline.
I can appreciate what I'm hearing about MC's brain-power. Some like it, some don't, but I think we can all agree that this should be the high water mark of MC's brain trauma o_O I'm going to look into bringing forward a bit of synaptic repair by an update or two (no promises, but the conversation here actually gave me a pretty great idea :LOL: - folks looking for some more twists and turns in the plot should be pleased too!)
I didn't see the choice to pick the "Bull" trait (which is "taking" other guys girls from them if I'm not mistaken). Is this because of the "Silverback" trait, or am I just a twat and completely missed something somewhere? All I know is I want to make it really clear in game that I HATE cuck stuff before it's too late
Lol - you'll never have to see any content like that you haven't chosen to (and you've already chosen silverback, so you're pretty safe!)! Bull can be accessed two ways - either through the 'fantasy' with the blonde or the purple haired cadet. But - you won't see the blonde fantasy if you chose niceguy (it's not nice!); and you won't see the purple fantasy if you disabled gangbang (which I guess a silverback would!)...

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Any chance of future maledom (non-gay) content or maledom (non-gay) trait for MC in the future? I find it hot when I force facefuck Kex in the alternate scenario, even though it lead to bad end.

Also any chance of MC taking charge or taking the lead in the future as well?

Btw love the game so far!

Last edited:

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Any chance of future maledom (non-gay) content or maledom (non-gay) trait for MC in the future? I find it hot when I force facefuck Kex in the alternate scenario, even though it lead to bad end.

Also any chance of MC taking charge or taking the lead in the future as well?

Btw love the game so far!
Thanks Xypher! :D Yes, there will be maledom in the future ;) For the time being, maledom paths will either be fantasies or result in bad ends (MC's not quite ready to be a bad ass yet!). But as he builds up his stats in Phase 2 of the game, he'll be able to start expressing his inner demons :devilish:

damndude

May 8, 2017
WOW! Just played this game and it's one of the best ones on the site. Unfortuantely I'm having the problem with the 'gangbang' kink being disabled and I've tried editing the script but it still is disabled. Is there anything else I can do to fix it? :(

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
WOW! Just played this game and it's one of the best ones on the site. Unfortuantely I'm having the problem with the 'gangbang' kink being disabled and I've tried editing the script but it still is disabled. Is there anything else I can do to fix it? :(
Thanks damndude :D Your kind words are much appreciated!

I don't usually recommend editing the script - there can be complications o_O and any edits you make will be wiped out in the next download. I don't use persistent data for kink-enables, I use conditions - the difference being that persistents can be scripted anywhere and will be true, whereas conditions are like tripwires - you have to play through them to change them.

If you want to enable gangbang without restarting from the beginning, first make sure that you've got a savegame ready to play from and then find the spot in the script it starts at. I'll use the beginning of the last update as an example (line 664 of showerblock01.rpy) which is currently:
label findinganna:
"{i}Oh Boy, you just got your first mission!{/i}"
"{i}And just to recap... Find Anna so you and your friends can finally hit the showers!{/i}"

change this to:

label findinganna:
$ checkpoint_gangbang = True
"{i}And just to recap... Find Anna so you and your friends can finally hit the showers!{/i}"

Make sure the indentations are all the same, and that you've definitely seen both these lines of dialogue in the replay (to ensure you've 'tripped over' the condition). I hope this helps! :p

And to anyone else - this isn't a general patch or anything, just a specific fix of damndude's issue! ;)

damndude

May 8, 2017
Thanks damndude :D Your kind words are much appreciated!

I don't usually recommend editing the script - there can be complications o_O and any edits you make will be wiped out in the next download. I don't use persistent data for kink-enables, I use conditions - the difference being that persistents can be scripted anywhere and will be true, whereas conditions are like tripwires - you have to play through them to change them.

If you want to enable gangbang without restarting from the beginning, first make sure that you've got a savegame ready to play from and then find the spot in the script it starts at. I'll use the beginning of the last update as an example (line 664 of showerblock01.rpy) which is currently:
label findinganna:

change this to:

label findinganna:
$ checkpoint_gangbang = True

Make sure the indentations are all the same, and that you've definitely seen both these lines of dialogue in the replay (to ensure you've 'tripped over' the condition). I hope this helps! :p

And to anyone else - this isn't a general patch or anything, just a specific fix of damndude's issue! ;)
Thanks for the response and for taking the time to help! I also found out in game that you could actually click on those floating cloud/brain/moving objects during some instances! (if the game told me that I was probably to oblivious to noticeo_O) Guess I'll have to play it all over again eitherway though! :p

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
The Android version of v0.25 is out now! :p

Plus, massive thanks to Avaron1974 and gralthan for their amazing reviews! :love: Hugely appreciated, and a great example of the very different reasons people play the game! :LOL: As far as jenora's review goes... well, we've all got personal tastes, lol - but I would like to point out that you don't ever have to enable or see m/m sex to see purely f/m content... not really sure where that came from :unsure:

Lol, and you're welcome damndude! If you haven't been watching the fantasies you really do have a lot more content to see (and kinks to enable!) - Hope you like 'em! :D

Reactions: AlixWoe

harazard

Apr 22, 2018
Rarerly do you find a game which gives you giggles and potential fapping material keep it going dev this is just a jewel waiting to be improved

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Could you please not offer Zippy as the only dl option? They block all downloads from Germany.

Also, no idea if this was a general error, but for me I just had a white screen with a tiny grey spot in the middle during the game, instead of the renders, apart from one short moment when they switched, that does seem like a problem with the compressed version, at least the strong compressed one.
Change your DNS server to google server

burningdesire

Oct 10, 2017
I wanted to like this game. Love it even. But, while some might consider this a nitpick, I absolutely cannot tolerate the complete lack of understanding of how military ranks work. Drill Sargents are not officers, they work for a goddamned living. And they sure as fuck don't outrank Ensigns, who are officers and aren't even in the same chain of command. Also, cadets are officers in training, not enlisted.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I wanted to like this game. Love it even. But, while some might consider this a nitpick, I absolutely cannot tolerate the complete lack of understanding of how military ranks work. Drill Sargents are not officers, they work for a goddamned living. And they sure as fuck don't outrank Ensigns, who are officers and aren't even in the same chain of command. Also, cadets are officers in training, not enlisted.
I can appreciate the nitpicking - sometimes a pretty small detail can be irritating (as an example, I always found the confusion of terms in Tolkien's orc/hob-goblin/goblin distracting). I also won't pretend to be an expert in military terminology... my only real experience was in the Combined Cadet Force as a kid, where I was overly amused to spend some time as first a (Cadet) Able Seaman and then a Leading Seaman (you may have noticed that my sense of humour can be a little immature sometimes!:LOL:) I'm glad you brought it up, though, cos I spent a lot of time thinking about it!

The SpaceCorps military hierarchy is based on - but very different to - ours, reflecting a 1000 years of development and the imposition of effective military rule. It is not supposed to reflect the same chain of command as our current structures - it's a fictionalised idea of what might be. As a reference point, the time gap is the same as that between us and 1019, when roles were extremely fluid, but an 'Captain' often served in the role of a general, a 'Major' could be anything from a butler to a field marshal, and a 'General' was normally a sovereign/semi-sovereign ruler like a Duke (Dux), Earl (Jarl), or Amir.

As a side note, the creation of a multi-species Union has fundamentally overturned the sort of class structures that led to our current two-track approach of enlisted-officer, and there is no longer the sort of patronising approach that holds that the 'lower orders' are only capable of tactical rather than strategic thinking.

SPACECORPS:
All traditional branches of the armed forces (e.g. Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Intelligence) have been merged into a single organisational structure - although residues persist in the 7 branches (e.g. Forward Infantry is the descendant of the Army, FliteCorps of the Navy & Airforce). The organisational difficulty and power struggles which were involved in merging every armed force in the world into a single hierarchy have led to a general reordering.

One effect of the stratocracy has been to eliminate the currently understood distinction between enlisted and officers. Everyone (even Lesser Species and conscripted) begins as an enlisted Cadet, sending the message that every recruit has the potential to become an officer - and thus part of the ruling caste within the Interstellar Union. ("Service guarantees Citizenship" ;))

Once a Cadet graduates into one of the Branches, they enter a weighted hierarchy (the same way NATO currently balances ranks, but with more emphasis on relative competence and authority). Thus, a Forward Infantry Corporal is equivalent to a SecuriCorps Constable and a FliteCorps Ensign - with only the seniority of the Branches making a difference.

Where it comes to Sergeants - yes! That's what I'm trying to reflect! :p We all know that most Sergeants are worth a dozen Ensigns and Second Lieutenants - because they actually know what they're doing - whereas Ensigns are still finding their feet as leaders and necessarily rely on their Sergeants to get anything done. In a Nietzschean structure, that has been necessarily reflected in the power wielded by those individuals, and Sergeants now outrank Ensigns. Another example is over in MediCorps - in which a Cadet progresses to Medic, Resident, Nurse, Doctor, etc, and in which a Nurse outranks a Resident.

Essentially, SpaceCorps demands that people start at the bottom and work their way up through the ranks by demonstrating their competency at each stage - with no fast-tracks, graduate schemes, class-structures, qualification-gatekeeping or nepotism built in. That's partly a riff on the themes of Starship Troopers, partly because it fits nicely into a game structure of progression, and mainly as a fun experiment in world-building for me. ;)

:eek:
lol - that was crazy TL;DR, but I'd be really interested in anyone's thought on the points raised (if they managed to wade through the entire thing!) Now's a good time to raise any points, since we're soon about to start heading into the stat-building part and the ranks/branches will be much more relevant to gameplay!

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
I can appreciate the nitpicking - sometimes a pretty small detail can be irritating (as an example, I always found the confusion of terms in Tolkien's orc/hob-goblin/goblin distracting). I also won't pretend to be an expert in military terminology... my only real experience was in the Combined Cadet Force as a kid, where I was overly amused to spend some time as first a (Cadet) Able Seaman and then a Leading Seaman (you may have noticed that my sense of humour can be a little immature sometimes!:LOL:) I'm glad you brought it up, though, cos I spent a lot of time thinking about it!

The SpaceCorps military hierarchy is based on - but very different to - ours, reflecting a 1000 years of development and the imposition of effective military rule. It is not supposed to reflect the same chain of command as our current structures - it's a fictionalised idea of what might be. As a reference point, the time gap is the same as that between us and 1019, when roles were extremely fluid, but an 'Captain' often served in the role of a general, a 'Major' could be anything from a butler to a field marshal, and a 'General' was normally a sovereign/semi-sovereign ruler like a Duke (Dux), Earl (Jarl), or Amir.

As a side note, the creation of a multi-species Union has fundamentally overturned the sort of class structures that led to our current two-track approach of enlisted-officer, and there is no longer the sort of patronising approach that holds that the 'lower orders' are only capable of tactical rather than strategic thinking.

SPACECORPS:
All traditional branches of the armed forces (e.g. Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Intelligence) have been merged into a single organisational structure - although residues persist in the 7 branches (e.g. Forward Infantry is the descendant of the Army, FliteCorps of the Navy & Airforce). The organisational difficulty and power struggles which were involved in merging every armed force in the world into a single hierarchy have led to a general reordering.

One effect of the stratocracy has been to eliminate the currently understood distinction between enlisted and officers. Everyone (even Lesser Species and conscripted) begins as an enlisted Cadet, sending the message that every recruit has the potential to become an officer - and thus part of the ruling caste within the Interstellar Union. ("Service guarantees Citizenship" ;))

Once a Cadet graduates into one of the Branches, they enter a weighted hierarchy (the same way NATO currently balances ranks, but with more emphasis on relative competence and authority). Thus, a Forward Infantry Corporal is equivalent to a SecuriCorps Constable and a FliteCorps Ensign - with only the seniority of the Branches making a difference.

Where it comes to Sergeants - yes! That's what I'm trying to reflect! :p We all know that most Sergeants are worth a dozen Ensigns and Second Lieutenants - because they actually know what they're doing - whereas Ensigns are still finding their feet as leaders and necessarily rely on their Sergeants to get anything done. In a Nietzschean structure, that has been necessarily reflected in the power wielded by those individuals, and Sergeants now outrank Ensigns. Another example is over in MediCorps - in which a Cadet progresses to Medic, Resident, Nurse, Doctor, etc, and in which a Nurse outranks a Resident.

Essentially, SpaceCorps demands that people start at the bottom and work their way up through the ranks by demonstrating their competency at each stage - with no fast-tracks, graduate schemes, class-structures, qualification-gatekeeping or nepotism built in. That's partly a riff on the themes of Starship Troopers, partly because it fits nicely into a game structure of progression, and mainly as a fun experiment in world-building for me. ;)

:eek:
lol - that was crazy TL;DR, but I'd be really interested in anyone's thought on the points raised (if they managed to wade through the entire thing!) Now's a good time to raise any points, since we're soon about to start heading into the stat-building part and the ranks/branches will be much more relevant to gameplay!
Don't forget the Eighth Branch

There is no Eighth Branch

Wait, what...

Er Nevermind

• Haha
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes