whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Thinking about it, that "i" list is appallingly coded. Why do items that have been completed still show up a month later? e.g. Simple Clothes. Would be far better if that list only contained current quests & objectives, not ones that were completed on Day 1 and have had nothing new to do since then.
Why does only 1 item, "Investigate the Bedroom" state that it will be continued in the next version?
Why don't all entries reach that statement at the end of their current content in this version? Either that, or just remove it from the list when all current content for it is completed.
Again, this would help to advise players that they have completed all current content, rather than them continuing to grind for nothing, getting bored and dumping the game.
There is a very good and enjoyable game here, it would be a shame to see it slide under because of something so easy to resolve.

D

Deleted member 158656

Seriously, how do i continue after "Simple Clothing". The Solar Panels are on 120% the energy is full, i'm on day 20 and nothing happens!? What am i supposed to do?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Seriously, how do i continue after "Simple Clothing". The Solar Panels are on 120% the energy is full, i'm on day 20 and nothing happens!? What am i supposed to do?
Only thing I can suggest is going to each room, each hour to see if the action icon (the icon you click on in the comms room to contact Earth, looks a bit like an envelope) or speech icon (2 speech bubbles) appears. If it does, click on it and see what options you have.
Bit dull, I know, but the only other option is to click on the "i" in the top left corner and see what objectives you have & see if it gives you any information on what is required. Chances are it won't as it's not particularly intuitive or helpful.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hahaha this was great.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
lol made me chuckle too, blatant. I like how it's not particularly subtle :)
Although "a rare decease" is an extremely strange statement. Did they die in an uncommon way? Guessing that English is not the dev's language, or that it was a particularly serious disease that caused him to decease. lmfao

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Hey all,

I'm back and I've read all of the posts here. I agree with most that has been said. I guess I underestimated a bit (maybe not just 'a bit') the time required to make this game. I would be nice if I could dedicate 40 hours a week in making it, but I just can't (at least for now). I was too ambitious with the stuff I wanted to make and as a result you see things like the option to constantly learn to program the processor. The game mechanics take into account the player's skill in determining both the "price" of the item to be made and the probability of success (you can see that when you have to make the swimsuits for example). Or as someone posted here, the characters have their own stats, that were supposed to take a role in determining probability/availability of actions you can do with them. To make a long story short, due to the limits of the time I can spare for the game, I probably won't be able to make that work, so for the next release I'll try and remove the user-facing pieces of the game that were intended for later use.

What all of you will be delighted to hear is that in 0.6 there will finally be markers for the completed story lines, so you won't wonder if there is more content to be seen there. I will also try to make an 'end of version' marker, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hey all,

I'm back and I've read all of the posts here. I agree with most that has been said. I guess I underestimated a bit (maybe not just 'a bit') the time required to make this game. I would be nice if I could dedicate 40 hours a week in making it, but I just can't (at least for now). I was too ambitious with the stuff I wanted to make and as a result you see things like the option to constantly learn to program the processor. The game mechanics take into account the player's skill in determining both the "price" of the item to be made and the probability of success (you can see that when you have to make the swimsuits for example). Or as someone posted here, the characters have their own stats, that were supposed to take a role in determining probability/availability of actions you can do with them. To make a long story short, due to the limits of the time I can spare for the game, I probably won't be able to make that work, so for the next release I'll try and remove the user-facing pieces of the game that were intended for later use.

What all of you will be delighted to hear is that in 0.6 there will finally be markers for the completed story lines, so you won't wonder if there is more content to be seen there. I will also try to make an 'end of version' marker, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet.
Great news, really enjoy the game, thanks for making it! Hope that the feedback provided can been taken constructively & that your time is not too restrictive.
As far as the "end of version marker" goes, you already have this in place for one objective in the list, "Investigate the Bedroom" states that it will be continued in a later version. Is it not something as simple as using the same code that you already have in place there for all other objectives when they reach the end of current content?
I'd also suggest that you don't really need to implement a marker for a completed story line, why not simply just remove it from the list when it's finished &, that way, leave the "i" list containing only quests that are active?

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Great news, really enjoy the game, thanks for making it! Hope that the feedback provided can been taken constructively & that your time is not too restrictive.
As far as the "end of version marker" goes, you already have this in place for one objective in the list, "Investigate the Bedroom" states that it will be continued in a later version. Is it not something as simple as using the same code that you already have in place there for all other objectives when they reach the end of current content?
I'd also suggest that you don't really need to implement a marker for a completed story line, why not simply just remove it from the list when it's finished &, that way, leave the "i" list containing only quests that are active?
By 'end of version' I meant a way for the players to know that there is no more events/story lines to be discovered in this version. What we have with the investigate bedroom is a marker for a completed story (well... sort of) so this will be implemented for all of them plus a marker on the title, so you will know which are finished as soon as you open the 'i'.

Reactions: Cirro84

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
lol made me chuckle too, blatant. I like how it's not particularly subtle :)
Although "a rare decease" is an extremely strange statement. Did they die in an uncommon way? Guessing that English is not the dev's language, or that it was a particularly serious disease that caused him to decease. lmfao
haha yeah saw that too, probably just a typo.
Just tagging you here to say there is a typo "like having a rare decease and your wrists hurt?" It's disease. In case you overlooked it and feel like changing it. No rush.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
By 'end of version' I meant a way for the players to know that there is no more events/story lines to be discovered in this version. What we have with the investigate bedroom is a marker for a completed story (well... sort of) so this will be implemented for all of them plus a marker on the title, so you will know which are finished as soon as you open the 'i'.
So, hold on, you have a marker for a completed story that states it will be continued in the next version?
That seems completely counter-intuitive &, unfortunately, can easily be misleading to the player.
If it is completed, how can it be continued? You can't continue something that is completed. If it's completed, it's finished. This should not state that it will be continued in the next version.

Surely the most straightforward, simple and effective way of managing this is to only have the current quests in the quest log/"i"?
When a quest is completed, just remove it from the list.
When a quest has reached the end of it's current content in the current version but is not "complete", just put the marker that states it will be continued in the next or a later version.

This way, whenever a player looks in their "i" list they have a categorical statement of what is active & what needs to be done, rather than wandering from room to room aimlessly for days repeating the same things but without achieving any progress, because there is no actual progress to achieve!

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
haha yeah saw that too, probably just a typo.

Just tagging you here to say there is a typo "like having a rare decease and your wrists hurt?" It's disease. In case you overlooked it and feel like changing it. No rush.
Yep, saw that - it's fixed in 0.5.2. Thanks!

So, hold on, you have a marker for a completed story that states it will be continued in the next version?
That seems completely counter-intuitive &, unfortunately, can easily be misleading to the player.
If it is completed, how can it be continued? You can't continue something that is completed. If it's completed, it's finished. This should not state that it will be continued in the next version.

Surely the most straightforward, simple and effective way of managing this is to only have the current quests in the quest log/"i"?
When a quest is completed, just remove it from the list.
When a quest has reached the end of it's current content in the current version but is not "complete", just put the marker that states it will be continued in the next or a later version.

This way, whenever a player looks in their "i" list they have a categorical statement of what is active & what needs to be done, rather than wandering from room to room aimlessly for days repeating the same things but without achieving any progress, because there is no actual progress to achieve!
Hopefully you will see what I mean in 0.6 ;)

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
"Hopefully you will see what I mean in 0.6"

Good deal, hoping for more updates soon... hoping to get some more nighttime love

Dec 29, 2017
any scenes for mother other than the sun tan lotion, and wanking u off in bed and of course stripping to get stealth suit back to rebecca

3.10 star(s) 39 Votes