Oct 10, 2017
The result on my end is a bit different than you guys, I don't know if Microsoft suddenly updated their rating on this game but according to virus total ( ) only 4 of those in your results showed up. Those 4 being some rando unknown Antivirus (not reliable/notable enough), with McAfee being the most notorious one as being as shit as a malware/virus itself.

View attachment 2654453

My microsoft windows defender also did not detect any virus in the 7z file, and the extracted folder/ game exe itself. My windows defender is currently UP TO DATE. Either your Windows defender might be outdated, or microsoft made a last minute change from when you scanned that file to when I scanned that file to making it considered as "safe".

Yeah windows defender might be a bit fcky when it comes to "cracked" software/illicit software. A good example is trusted piracy websites like Fitgirl (files, exe, installer) getting flagged as virus by microsoft. It's because of the steam cracker tool that they use that alters the exe files themselves. Microsoft hates pirated shit and began cracking down on it so there's a decent chance that cracked software gets labeled as a virus/malware by microsoft. The worst aspect of it all is fcking windows defender treating it's users like babies and AUTO DELETES/QUARANTINES the files without asking user input. That is some malware/virus like behavior type of shit (in the way that it doesn't ask for your permission in deleting files). A person needs to exclude exceptions to pirated software (not all of them but some get flagged) just to get them working even when the pirated files came from a reputable source.

Granted I downloaded this one from pixeldrain (other websites/links might have been uploaded to might have been compromised/ is different in a way).

TLDR: I think it's generally safe since the OP (probably) got it from Kagura officially, OP is a verified uploader of this site, 4 AV that detected it in Virustotal isn't notable enough to warrant this as being 100% VIRUS/MALWARE. There is a chance it is, but there is an even HIGHER chance it isn't.
I download it from Mega. Same results as you in VirusTotal. I then ran it through Malwarebytes and Karspersky and both say it's safe. Still, it would be nice if someone could actually give a definite answer if the file is safe or not hahaha.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
I download it from Mega. Same results as you in VirusTotal. I then ran it through Malwarebytes and Karspersky and both say it's safe. Still, it would be nice if someone could actually give a definite answer if the file is safe or not hahaha.
Please read his EDIT! Thanks lol!

LiaNeth

Feb 8, 2023
I downloaded this game from another source after downloading from f95. Microsoft defender deleted f95 version's exe file but Microsoft Defender didn't delete other one's exe file.

p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
Well then! Since you didn't detect anything with Defender, I'll try to re-download and confirm this right now.
Edit: SAW YOUR EDIT! Nevermind!!!! That is EXACTLY what happened to me!
S2.png

So the culprit probably is Microsoft defender hating the exe and considers it dangerous/unsafe. Would have been great if it detected the file as dangerous before I launched the fcking EXE. Fcking microsoft. After deleting the file, and rescanning it again (after re extracting it to recover the lost file) it now detects as the same as you. I'm not techy/proficient enough to know the severity if this is false positive or not, nor do I trust the uploader the same as I trust verified pirated software/games uploaders (Fitgirl, etc). I also do not trust this game/uploader enough to exclude the folder from Microsoft to get it working (100% game will work if I exclude it from defender, but it also risks my PC if this is legit a virus/malware).

• Sad
Reactions: Heimeropen

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
View attachment 2654618

So the culprit probably is Microsoft defender hating the exe and considers it dangerous/unsafe. Would have been great if it detected the file as dangerous before I launched the fcking EXE. Fcking microsoft. After deleting the file, and rescanning it again (after re extracting it to recover the lost file) it now detects as the same as you. I'm not techy/proficient enough to know the severity if this is false positive or not, nor do I trust the uploader the same as I trust verified pirated software/games uploaders (Fitgirl, etc). I also do not trust this game/uploader enough to exclude the folder from Microsoft to get it working (100% game will work if I exclude it from defender, but it also risks my PC if this is legit a virus/malware).
I'll be honest: I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you! It even happens on official releases. Here is an example (If you want another example, I can bring it to you):

I have this game officially on Steam yet Defender flagged the Exe of it as a Virus for the first couple of days it launched. After that, it didn't flag it anymore.
I won't put the blame on anyone but ourselves since we understand the risks of getting pirated stuff... Now this is what I need to know: Did the game need a crack or not? Most Kagura Games' games don't need a crack to run since most of them are RPGMs and are not DRM-protected (Heck, I helped upload a game a while ago: Belial Red and it worked fine on my end despite borrowing it from someone AND getting hammered by people who reported viruses left and right. If you want, have a look: https://f95zone.to/threads/belial-red-final-tekunos-a.152042/).

Reactions: p23rklo

Adrian A

Game Developer
May 28, 2019
If your pirating a videogame your not the demographic that has to worry about viruses outside of mass email stuff. I mean if your pirating a video game your either poor, have no other choice or are a dick. With Viruses and stuff they tend to be targeted towards money or involve state actors.

Of course your luck could be shit or someone might wake up and choose violence. However, in general after years of piracy I have removed so many files from Quarantine because when you get the generic flag and your pirating that means things are fine.

This game is also on Ryuugames which has a literal subscription service to request games and so on and so they have a monetary incentive not to put viruses on their site and my antivirus was flagging their site for a few days.

Honestly, not risking this stuff is fine but I learned quite a long time ago that AV is super pedantic. It has a lot of systems in place for anti piracy measures and they also are designed to try to pick out viruses before their known so some Antivirus pick up on files for no good reason.

It is sort of like when your browser asks you if you want to download a file because no one is downloading it. There are a lot of systems in place designed to warn you that something is off but it probably isn't.

Anyways, if you don't feel comfortable obviously don't download. Still, when you think of viruses you have to wonder about intent with it since making them is hard and so you don't want to waste your new virus on some netorare game.

Anyways that is my 2 sense. If you have some serious virus stuff going on unless your patient zero your going to get worse stuff than Generic Malware etc.

Of course I have to again say trust your gut. I don't want any idiot taking my advice as gospel. I am hardly a cyber security expert, if you want to be super safe set up a virtual machine or get a second computer just for piracy or something, If your worried.

For me, I don't mess in virus ridden spaces, if I did I would set up a virtual machine since I can't afford a new PC.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
If your pirating a videogame your not the demographic that has to worry about viruses outside of mass email stuff. I mean if your pirating a video game your either poor, have no other choice or are a dick. With Viruses and stuff they tend to be targeted towards money or involve state actors.

Of course your luck could be shit or someone might wake up and choose violence. However, in general after years of piracy I have removed so many files from Quarantine because when you get the generic flag and your pirating that means things are fine.

This game is also on Ryuugames which has a literal subscription service to request games and so on and so they have a monetary incentive not to put viruses on their site and my antivirus was flagging their site for a few days.

Honestly, not risking this stuff is fine but I learned quite a long time ago that AV is super pedantic. It has a lot of systems in place for anti piracy measures and they also are designed to try to pick out viruses before their known so some Antivirus pick up on files for no good reason.

It is sort of like when your browser asks you if you want to download a file because no one is downloading it. There are a lot of systems in place designed to warn you that something is off but it probably isn't.

Anyways, if you don't feel comfortable obviously don't download. Still, when you think of viruses you have to wonder about intent with it since making them is hard and so you don't want to waste your new virus on some netorare game.

Anyways that is my 2 sense. If you have some serious virus stuff going on unless your patient zero your going to get worse stuff than Generic Malware etc.

Of course I have to again say trust your gut. I don't want any idiot taking my advice as gospel. I am hardly a cyber security expert, if you want to be super safe set up a virtual machine or get a second computer just for piracy or something, If your worried.

For me, I don't mess in virus ridden spaces, if I did I would set up a virtual machine since I can't afford a new PC.
Couldn't have worded it better myself. Bravo!
Long story short: It's up to us to accept it or not. I'll say it again, we know the risks of downloading pirated stuff. To avoid or to download is your decision (Funfact: I downloaded Ryuu's version not this one. Got the same result as everyone. I've already came to the conclusion that F95 borrows stuff from Ryuu and vice versa a long time ago! I can even prove it but it's not the place for that as well!)

Reactions: Adrian A

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
The result on my end is a bit different than you guys, I don't know if Microsoft suddenly updated their rating on this game but according to virus total ( ) only 4 of those in your results showed up. Those 4 being some rando unknown Antivirus (not reliable/notable enough), with McAfee being the most notorious one as being as shit as a malware/virus itself.

View attachment 2654453

My microsoft windows defender also did not detect any virus in the 7z file, and the extracted folder/ game exe itself. My windows defender is currently UP TO DATE. Either your Windows defender might be outdated, or microsoft made a last minute change from when you scanned that file to when I scanned that file to making it considered as "safe".

Yeah windows defender might be a bit fcky when it comes to "cracked" software/illicit software. A good example is trusted piracy websites like Fitgirl (files, exe, installer) getting flagged as virus by microsoft. It's because of the steam cracker tool that they use that alters the exe files themselves. Microsoft hates pirated shit and began cracking down on it so there's a decent chance that cracked software gets labeled as a virus/malware by microsoft. The worst aspect of it all is fcking windows defender treating it's users like babies and AUTO DELETES/QUARANTINES the files without asking user input. That is some malware/virus like behavior type of shit (in the way that it doesn't ask for your permission in deleting files). A person needs to exclude exceptions to pirated software (not all of them but some get flagged) just to get them working even when the pirated files came from a reputable source.

Granted I downloaded this one from pixeldrain (other websites/links might have been uploaded to might have been compromised/ is different in a way).

TLDR: I think it's generally safe since the OP (probably) got it from Kagura officially, OP is a verified uploader of this site, 4 AV that detected it in Virustotal isn't notable enough to warrant this as being 100% VIRUS/MALWARE. There is a chance it is, but there is an even HIGHER chance it isn't.

Edit: Welp that was odd the EXE did disappear on me also. I think what happened was I launched the game, alt tabbed and the game itself closed/disappeared along with the exe. Now this is a bit suspicious, I say don't download this for now it literally is gambling your PC on the line.
Just for your -and everybody else's- peace of mind, I downloaded from pixeldrain, scanned the .7z archive, nothing, extracted, scanned the game folder, nothing (Kaspersky), played a little, exited, ran again, played, alt-tabbed, alt-tabbed back...
Everything is fine. It's just Defender acting up (...again?)

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Just for your -and everybody else's- peace of mind, I downloaded from pixeldrain, scanned the .7z archive, nothing, extracted, scanned the game folder, nothing (Kaspersky), played a little, exited, ran again, played, alt-tabbed, alt-tabbed back...
Everything is fine. It's just Defender acting up (...again?)
It's not that we don't believe you... It's just that fear and paranoia are very strong factors that lead to mistrust. As I said before, this is my first instance in 3+ years of activity that my Defender acted up towards something downloaded an H-game whether it's from F95 or from Ryuu or from any other website I download from... which automatically led to fear. I'll choose avoidance for now since it's the safer of all bets.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
No probs, that's absolutely okay and a valid stance as well. Just thought I'd also share my findings. Everyone should just keep their wits about them and common sense, and... that's all there is to it really.

Oct 10, 2017
It's not that we don't believe you... It's just that fear and paranoia are very strong factors that lead to mistrust. As I said before, this is my first instance in 3+ years of activity that my Defender acted up towards something downloaded an H-game whether it's from F95 or from Ryuu or from any other website I download from... which automatically led to fear. I'll choose avoidance for now since it's the safer of all bets.
This. I actually have a policy of not paying much attention to people that use Windows Defender as it's the most basic AV out there, but when people kept posting about their results, I panicked. Just in case I've ran malwarebytes full scan twice (no threads detected), and I'm doing a full scan with Kaspersky. I'm convinced that it's a false positive... but it's pretty hard to ignore that voice in my head saying "But what if it isn't?".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Heimeropen

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
This. I actually have a policy of not paying much attention to people that use Windows Defender as it's the most basic AV out there but when people kept posting about their results I panicked. Just in case I've ran malwarebytes full scan twice (no threads detected), and I'm doing a full scan with Kaspersky. I'm convinced that it's a false positive... but it's pretty hard to ignore that voice in my head saying "But what if it isn't?".
As I said, Paranoia.

Yukarlna

‍♂️Superman can't fly.
Uploader
Donor
Dec 10, 2022
As I said, Paranoia.
Man, I don't know why you detected the virus. This is the original file of the Steam game. After I bought and downloaded it, I only installed the uncensored patch of the official website, and then compressed and uploaded it.....

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Man, I don't know why you detected the virus. This is the original file of the Steam game. After I bought and downloaded it, I only installed the uncensored patch of the official website, and then compressed and uploaded it.....
In that case, that means only one thing: The Patch that updates the exe file is the problem and only basic people like us who have no other AV than Defender can detect it. Don't worry, Uploader, it's not your fault... Sorry I caused you too much trouble in advance.

Yukarlna

‍♂️Superman can't fly.
Uploader
Donor
Dec 10, 2022
In that case, that means only one thing: The Patch that updates the exe file is the problem and only basic people like us who have no other AV than Defender can detect it. Don't worry, Uploader, it's not your fault... Sorry I caused you too much trouble in advance.
But there will be mosaics without patches Lol.

DarkKaiba666

Oct 26, 2017
I'd do this myself but I'm always busy and I like to be lazy when I have free time, but I can tell you how to check yourselves if the Wacatac.B!ml is a false positive or legitimate:

1. Use another device(more reccomended) or go on a VM(you can use virtualbox or a site that hosts them for you to buy, they are usually very cheap but virtualbox is free);make sure device is connected to internet obviously and ALL SECURITY IS DISABLED.

2.DOWNLOAD the Spiral Dystopia 7z zip file on the VM or the secondary device.

3. Run a netstat command from powershell(if using windows)

4. Use notepad/notepad++ to write down all your connections you're seeing. Also open task manager and note programs using memory and network data.

5. DISCONNECT the device from the internet. This is a very important step and also if your wifi/ethernet adapter is reenabled after we unzip this and run the game, that's a clear sign

6. unzip file into desired location, reconnect to the internet, play game, have fun

7. after time passes, give it several hours, maybe a day...run 'netstat' again from powershell and compare connections to what you wrote down. Do you see any strange IPs?

If you see odd differences then congrats, your computer/VM might be part of a botnet and it is a legit virus. If not, proceed to step 8:

8. Look at running programs/processes taking up data using the task manager. Do you see any differences?

If you see odd differences then congrats, your computer/VM might be part of a botnet and it is a legit virus. If not, proceed to step 9:

9. Relax its prob safe. There are ways to hide but that takes a lot more effort and I really wouldn't worry. Download it on your main PC if you want.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes