Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Well, some bad news, I'm gonna have to temporarily stop translating SLV cause they've finally finished the construction of the first building at work, and students moving in now, so I no longer have any room to use. The company has left the canteen open at night for me to use but no way in hell that's gonna happen, since they moved it over to the unfinished building last month, that's been infested with rats, the brown type, I'd rather not get any of the diseases they carry, gotta feel sorry for the workers there during the day though, cause they leave stuff in there and leave it all open, so I've seen rats inside the microwaves and in their stuff. Thank god I never used any of the stuff on site.

Though there was one moment that was hilarious last month, back when I first noticed the rats one particular night. We had a couple workers on late that night, a couple hours after I first noticed them, went to patrol the site and just as I was heading out, I heard what sounded like a little girl screaming, so i head to canteen to check it out. There was one of the workers, stood on one of the tables screaming cause there was around 30 rats scurrying around underneath him lol. I suppose you can laugh when you try to imagine it, oh and fyi, I have reported this to the site managers but they don't give a fuck, they just wanna finish the job before the deadline is over.
1)What is the building supposed to be?

2)Can you upload what you have so far, it would be better than nothing even if its a bit wonky, that and maybe someone else can finish it if you find yourself unable.

3)I would also scream in that situation, but a manly scream, totally manly xD

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
It's student accommodations.

Anyway, some good news since my last post, well the conditions were worse than I thought, I tried to force them into doing something, but didn't work out as planned, they did get a health inspector down, but I'm guessing they bribed him since that guy said it was perfectly safe. After hearing that, I quit it, got a new job the next day and spent the last 2 weeks or so going through training and doing a few shifts to see how much free time I have per shift (since I'm interacting/working with people in this job). Anyway, seems I have quite a lot of it, so I'll spend that time working on the translation again.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
It's student accommodations.

Anyway, some good news since my last post, well the conditions were worse than I thought, I tried to force them into doing something, but didn't work out as planned, they did get a health inspector down, but I'm guessing they bribed him since that guy said it was perfectly safe. After hearing that, I quit it, got a new job the next day and spent the last 2 weeks or so going through training and doing a few shifts to see how much free time I have per shift (since I'm interacting/working with people in this job). Anyway, seems I have quite a lot of it, so I'll spend that time working on the translation again.
Any news on this?

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
Yeah, turns out I wasn't able to do work on it back in september, turns out I was busier that I thought, having to deal with drunks and people locking themselves out of the room, I spent most of my shift going back and forth across the building, or dealing with the junkies from the homeless shelter across the street. And I didn't stay at that job long, me and the guy I worked got laid off work, they decided to keep the other 2 workers, who were shit at their job. Last I heard they were both gone, one had depressive episodes during work and the other got himself banned from the building, since then I've been job hunting though it's harder to find a job what with furlough over now, but i managed to get my job back at that rat infested hell hole I worked at (which I start on tuesday) so I know I'll be able to continue working on it there since that job was very quiet most nights.

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah, turns out I wasn't able to do work on it back in september, turns out I was busier that I thought, having to deal with drunks and people locking themselves out of the room, I spent most of my shift going back and forth across the building, or dealing with the junkies from the homeless shelter across the street. And I didn't stay at that job long, me and the guy I worked got laid off work, they decided to keep the other 2 workers, who were shit at their job. Last I heard they were both gone, one had depressive episodes during work and the other got himself banned from the building, since then I've been job hunting though it's harder to find a job what with furlough over now, but i managed to get my job back at that rat infested hell hole I worked at (which I start on tuesday) so I know I'll be able to continue working on it there since that job was very quiet most nights.
Hey at least you're still working on this Thanks for the update you've been gone for like 2 months and didn't post here hahahaha

Eksra

Sep 2, 2017
These crashes are really a bother. I have no idea what a hentai dharma is, I assume "frog" is actually Fara or whatever the adventure guild person was named, but shortly into the conversation, another method error. I'm guessing another improper errant space where there shouldn't be a space.
Line 346, undefined method " upcase"
I can't seem to move past this point because it's once again in the dorm right outside the door. The last one was in town, in the redlight district, but wasn't necessary to progress so I just skipped it. View attachment Save02.rar

Woorikiri

Jun 14, 2017
These crashes are really a bother. I have no idea what a hentai dharma is, I assume "frog" is actually Fara or whatever the adventure guild person was named, but shortly into the conversation, another method error. I'm guessing another improper errant space where there shouldn't be a space.
Line 346, undefined method " upcase"
I can't seem to move past this point because it's once again in the dorm right outside the door. The last one was in town, in the redlight district, but wasn't necessary to progress so I just skipped it. View attachment 1524696
Dharma is probably supposed to be Daruma, and Frog is very likely Gael. Gaeru -> Kaeru = Frog.

There are two sets of errant spaces left, one each in Maps 023 and 026.

Woorikiri

Jun 14, 2017
View attachment 1547336
how do we fix this i did check the 'fix'' on 2. page but link is broken
Link works fine, but afaik the game keeps a cache of your current map in the save file, so if you don't have an earlier save after you replace the map files, you'll have to restart (Just plug your current save into a save editor, copy the values, then paste them into a new session).

For errors past the first barracks section you can swap maps to reset the cache, but can't do that for barracks unless you saved beforehand.

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
Alright, a status update, but first I'd like to say that this is gonna be all good news.

First - I've been using another translator and cause of that, progress has been much faster, I've just finished the last H scene map between 400 and 500 (Map 440), so by either tomorrow night or the night after, I'll be at 500.
Second - Because the licence I need for my job expires soon, and I need another license (which I cant get til 18th feb), I'll just be working on this until then. As mentioned before, I'll hit map 500 in a day or two, after that maps 500-600 have 24 H-scene files (luckily most of them are small-ish) so I should be able to do 2 or 3 of them a day, I won't make any promises but I might (strong emphasis on might) reach map 600 by the 18th, which begins me to the third point.
Third - When I looked at the v 1.00 version of spiral legend, I remember it having around 590 map files, since the story would have been finished then, I'll finally do a release!!

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
Well, some good and bad news, I'll start with the bad.

On friday, I ran into some problems with my pc and it broke down the next day, I've taken it to a repair shop to get it fixed, so there won't be any progress for the next couple of days, which is annoying cause I would have got to 600 by the 18th, or more like the 16th, I really can't seem to catch a break lol.

Anyway, onto the good news, in the event that my pc is completely fucked, when I got it working on friday, I did back everything up so I won't drop or have to redo everything, though cause I can't export it on my laptop for some reason, I gotta start a new project and import everything I've already done onto it, and if its anything like the last time I did this, there will be some stuff to fix, which hopefully shouldn't take a long time, though I can't be certain. Though on the other hand, I could do with a break, translating all day, every day for the past 5 or so weeks really burnt me out, so I guess I'll relax a lil while my pc gets fixed.

Also, I've decided to translate the entire spiral legend series, I was gonna do 3 next but I'll start from 1, after looking at some of the files, I've noticed that even though each one is standalone, there are recurring characters (luckily 5 barely has any), so I'm guessing they all share the same world as well, and I'll try to stick to a regular schedule so each one won't take as long as this one to fully translate.

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
Well, some good and bad news, I'll start with the bad.

On friday, I ran into some problems with my pc and it broke down the next day, I've taken it to a repair shop to get it fixed, so there won't be any progress for the next couple of days, which is annoying cause I would have got to 600 by the 18th, or more like the 16th, I really can't seem to catch a break lol.

Anyway, onto the good news, in the event that my pc is completely fucked, when I got it working on friday, I did back everything up so I won't drop or have to redo everything, though cause I can't export it on my laptop for some reason, I gotta start a new project and import everything I've already done onto it, and if its anything like the last time I did this, there will be some stuff to fix, which hopefully shouldn't take a long time, though I can't be certain. Though on the other hand, I could do with a break, translating all day, every day for the past 5 or so weeks really burnt me out, so I guess I'll relax a lil while my pc gets fixed.

Also, I've decided to translate the entire spiral legend series, I was gonna do 3 next but I'll start from 1, after looking at some of the files, I've noticed that even though each one is standalone, there are recurring characters (luckily 5 barely has any), so I'm guessing they all share the same world as well, and I'll try to stick to a regular schedule so each one won't take as long as this one to fully translate.
I just want to tell you that the fact that you want to translate the whole spiral legend series is probably the best thing I've ever read, you are literally my hero

Reactions: Beyo

Dodododo105

Nov 28, 2017
I've played them all through a translator. 2 is a direct prequel to 1 being the ancestors of the first game's characters. They also share some important immortal characters (like a vampire lady) through multiple games. The MC's journey in 5 is directly inspired by the main plot of 4 (5 MC having a dragon curse he wants to remove and 4 making a big deal of fighting a dragon became a story that 5 MC heard of). 3 takes place across the sea from some of the countries in the other games but I don't remember which other than it's referenced both in the later games and earlier games.

3 also reveals that Spiral Legend is a post-apocalyptic possibly sci-fi world where the "gods from beyond the stars" came upon the planet and saw humanity was destroying it and had no appreciation for life other than their own so they mutated the plants and animals of the planet to become fearsome, hostile to humanity, and intelligent so they can resist humanity They also blasted humanity a few eras back in tech. This is all told by the "demon" that the 3 MC makes a deal with because he reveals that he's not actually a demon but just an ancient shrine spirit that had been stuck there for thousands of years and become feared and forgotten by the locals and had seen the changes himself. If that translator wasn't messing things up, Spiral Legend has some crazy stuff under the surface. My last playthroughs of this series were a couple of years ago though so I could be forgetting or misremembering something (or it could've translated wrong).

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
I've played them all through a translator. 2 is a direct prequel to 1 being the ancestors of the first game's characters. They also share some important immortal characters (like a vampire lady) through multiple games. The MC's journey in 5 is directly inspired by the main plot of 4 (5 MC having a dragon curse he wants to remove and 4 making a big deal of fighting a dragon became a story that 5 MC heard of). 3 takes place across the sea from some of the countries in the other games but I don't remember which other than it's referenced both in the later games and earlier games.

3 also reveals that Spiral Legend is a post-apocalyptic possibly sci-fi world where the "gods from beyond the stars" came upon the planet and saw humanity was destroying it and had no appreciation for life other than their own so they mutated the plants and animals of the planet to become fearsome, hostile to humanity, and intelligent so they can resist humanity They also blasted humanity a few eras back in tech. This is all told by the "demon" that the 3 MC makes a deal with because he reveals that he's not actually a demon but just an ancient shrine spirit that had been stuck there for thousands of years and become feared and forgotten by the locals and had seen the changes himself. If that translator wasn't messing things up, Spiral Legend has some crazy stuff under the surface. My last playthroughs of this series were a couple of years ago though so I could be forgetting or misremembering something (or it could've translated wrong).
Sounds interesting, guess I should have started with the first one then lol, though the part about 2 seems wrong, I mean, ive seen the portraits for Carl and Tilm from the first one in the files so I assume they make some appearance, Tilm's is also in 3 along with Helga's, and the protag of 3 and the two heroines, along with another character named Ruri appear in 4, and I can't be certain if this is the same character but in 2 there's someone named Halberd who I also saw in the enemies list in 4.

Dodododo105

Nov 28, 2017
Sounds interesting, guess I should have started with the first one then lol, though the part about 2 seems wrong, I mean, ive seen the portraits for Carl and Tilm from the first one in the files so I assume they make some appearance, Tilm's is also in 3 along with Helga's, and the protag of 3 and the two heroines, along with another character named Ruri appear in 4, and I can't be certain if this is the same character but in 2 there's someone named Halberd who I also saw in the enemies list in 4.
About 2, like I said the people from 1 are descendents of the people from 2. The blacksmith Tilm in 1 is descended from Tilm in 2. Tilm 2 is a blacksmith with a small shop but grows famous after being one of the heroes. Tilm in 1 is descended from a dynasty of master blacksmiths Tilm 2 founded after the events of 2. Tilm 1 is also a side girl you can lewd but not gonna go too far into that. She just shares her ancestor's name. Helga from 1 is stated to be descended from the redhaired heroine in 2. They're the same family.

2 is actually the one I'm most confident about because it's the only pair of games in the series that's direct about their connection rather than doing easter eggs and small references. It also directly says on the on Spiral Legend 2 that it's a prequel

* The title is 2, but the content is the previous work. It is a story of the past.

There is a place to inherit from the previous work in the world view, history, etc., but since it is a

past story, I think that you can enjoy this alone.
That might not be the case with some of the portraits you've found since I don't remember every little detail of all games, but Expiacion doesn't always use every animation and art piece you can find in the files. He talked about it a bit when finishing up the last Spiral Legend V update on his pre-cien blog, though I don't think that exists anymore due to the migration. He sometimes has ideas but abandons them halfway and just leaves some leftover unused assets. I decrypted (and modded and did small translations) each game after I beat them and there were some I was never able to find places for. I might've missed something but I was pretty thorough scrubbing it for missed content.

Last edited:

Lithras

Oct 20, 2017
About 2, like I said the people from 1 are descendents of the people from 2. The blacksmith Tilm in 1 is descended from Tilm in 2. Tilm 2 is a blacksmith with a small shop but grows famous after being one of the heroes. Tilm in 1 is descended from a dynasty of master blacksmiths Tilm 2 founded after the events of 2. Tilm 1 is also a side girl you can lewd but not gonna go too far into that. She just shares her ancestor's name. Helga from 1 is stated to be descended from the redhaired heroine in 2. They're the same family.

2 is actually the one I'm most confident about because it's the only pair of games in the series that's direct about their connection rather than doing easter eggs and small references. It also directly says on the on Spiral Legend 2 that it's a prequel
So it's a reused portrait in Tilm's situation, and I guess for 2 they went along with the true end, which I'm gonna guess is a harem one, since it says on the dlsite page that there's no actual NTR in that one, only defeat scenes with some cucking-flavoured text. Though I guess it makes sense that some stuff would be reused, I mean Antera from 5 uses the same portrait as another character in 2, the only difference is that the one in 2 has red hair.

Also an update on my pc, it appears to be in working condition....for now, When it broke down in january, I had to replace some parts and it seems my keyboard and mouse was having problems with the new motherboard and kept givng me a BSOD, but we only found that out after I got home and tested it, after the guy fixed it, I still got one BSOD but not had any since I switched keyboard and mouse, though before he suspected it was an OS error so he reinstalled windows, so everything that was on my C drive is gone, but hey least Ive got more free space now, but my D drive (where all my games and translation files are didn't get wiped so I guess I'll get back to translating on the 1st of March, there's not much left to do in 5 (15 H scenes left, but only 4 of them are large) so I should have it finished next month. And now is probably a good time to cut down on the translation a bit too, I don't wanna burn myself out from working on it all day every day lol.

Last edited:

Dodododo105

Nov 28, 2017
So it's a reused portrait in Tilm's situation, and I guess for 2 they went along with the true end, which I'm gonna guess is a harem one, since it says on the dlsite page that there's no actual NTR in that one, only defeat scenes with some cucking-flavoured text. Though I guess it makes sense that some stuff would be reused, I mean Antera from 5 uses the same portrait as another character in 2, the only difference is that the one in 2 has red hair.
Yeah, it's reused assets and I think the true end is implied canon for every game because even the "normal" NTR and single Love routes usually leave the game's kingdom vulnerable to another attack or more problems because the cause of whatever big bad was summoned can only be discovered and dealt with on the True End routes. That or the non-True routes are pyrrhic victories.

There is three non-GOR NTR scenes that was added in the 2.0 update of SL2. They're "delusion" NTR scenes which is what the dev calls extra scenes added in later updates that can't be considered canon but are popularly demanded. They're justified in the story as being the MC having a nightmare of "what-if" and are used for specific scenes in 2, 4, and 5. The three NTR scenes in 2 is one for each heroine and are unlocked after the True End. SL2 is the only one to not have dedicated NTR routes though yeah.

Sorry if I sound intense. I've just played this series for a few years now with literally no one to talk about it with. No translation coupled with having a lot of text and being story heavy, being RPG maker, and having no CG for an eroge makes for a small English-speaking audience.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes