Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Also got the bug where nothing happens after returning to the chapel after the grove event. I've started 3 games and it happens on all of them.

Is there a fix?
I forgot to include an essencial file for that event in the demo v2, it's already fixed in my project - the next update will have it working fine.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler
Oct 3, 2022
So in terms of game balance, while i'm still in the early part, the healer's default melee attack is unbelievably overpowered. Stun on hit with high speed allows you to effectively stunlock any enemy forever since she will always act before most enemies. Since this game appears to take inspiration from darkest dungeon, you could take a bit more and have it so that enemies and the player gain temporary resistance to ailments once said ailments are cured. This could prevent stunlocking and trivializing some enemies. This would also fix a problem in later levels if enemies also gain stun skills later, the player won't get stunlocked if a similar situation arose.

With that minor nitpick out of the way, this game is good. It's not overly difficult, the player does not feel like a juggernaut who has to go out of the way to lose (which is a common problem with some sex on defeat games), I really like how in depth and customizable the skill system is. The story isn't bad so far, and the character designs aren't to over the top for this genre.

I look forward to seeing how this game shapes up in the future.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
So in terms of game balance, while i'm still in the early part, the healer's default melee attack is unbelievably overpowered. Stun on hit with high speed allows you to effectively stunlock any enemy forever since she will always act before most enemies. Since this game appears to take inspiration from darkest dungeon, you could take a bit more and have it so that enemies and the player gain temporary resistance to ailments once said ailments are cured. This could prevent stunlocking and trivializing some enemies. This would also fix a problem in later levels if enemies also gain stun skills later, the player won't get stunlocked if a similar situation arose.

With that minor nitpick out of the way, this game is good. It's not overly difficult, the player does not feel like a juggernaut who has to go out of the way to lose (which is a common problem with some sex on defeat games), I really like how in depth and customizable the skill system is. The story isn't bad so far, and the character designs aren't to over the top for this genre.

I look forward to seeing how this game shapes up in the future.
I'm glad you enjoyed!

In my testings I actually found the "Gawky" (Nema's stun) to be the weaker of her skills, the stun only lasts 0.25, while the skill takes a lot more time to cast.

There is a stun prevention mechanism, however it only triggers every 0.5 stun, so if you just use Gawky that will never happen (if you use Ethel's Jolt you'll see it happen everytime). I personally never managed to stunlock enemies myself, maybe you had a high speed value?

Oct 3, 2022
I'm glad you enjoyed!

In my testings I actually found the "Gawky" (Nema's stun) to be the weaker of her skills, the stun only lasts 0.25, while the skill takes a lot more time to cast.

There is a stun prevention mechanism, however it only triggers every 0.5 stun, so if you just use Gawky that will never happen (if you use Ethel's Jolt you'll see it happen everytime). I personally never managed to stunlock enemies myself, maybe you had a high speed value?
Funny you should mention it, I saw that Nema had an unlockable skill that increased her stats the higher above 100% her speed was and only selected speed up when leveling up because of it. She actually outsped the time it took for most enemies to make another attack after the stun ended, resulting in an infinite loop of stun. She's a very fun character to use but the fact that I managed to break the game on my first attempt might be something to watch out for. Or don't at all, like I said it was very fun to do so if you want to leave just "Gawky's" jank stun rate to speed I'd be totally fine with it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Houtamelo

TipTap

May 22, 2020
There should be backups on: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Houtamelo\Spire of Slime\Saves

I would appreciate the logs on %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Houtamelo\Spire, Slime\Player.log should provide me necessary info to fix the problem.

I'll gladly fix your save file manually if you send it to me>

I'm paying especial attention to the save file system in order to avoid those problems as much as possible so a fix should be out as soon as I manage to reproduce it (though I issue some very helpful messages on the logs that usually point to the source of the problem straight away)
I got a bit busy with life, but I sent you the logs in a PM. I'm not sure if you still need them.

Reactions: Houtamelo

Niteriver

Feb 23, 2023
Making a game without saves is a really bad idea. Because any game can and WILL crush, especially an indie game.

lezz

Jan 25, 2021
The invisibility perk is actually pretty damn bad , it makes it so Nema can only heal for 5 seconds and nothing else. And can the actions be more sped up? The whole all debuff/buff showing up and some other things really slow things in combat by a lot.

Sep 26, 2020
Okay, where's the fucking instruction manual?
Here's a fight scene! Defeat all enemies!
Bunch of empty squares, four green bars, a few icons sliding along a thing, shitloads of text occasionally appears and immediately disappears again ...
What am I supposed to do, randomly click all over the screen until something happens, or maybe die and restart the game fifty times so I can take screenshots of everything and study them in my own time then start again with some sort of guess as to what I'm supposed to do?

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Bunch of empty squares, four green bars, a few icons sliding along a thing, shitloads of text occasionally appears and immediately disappears again ...
What am I supposed to do, randomly click all over the screen until something happens, or maybe die and restart the game fifty times so I can take screenshots of everything and study them in my own time then start again with some sort of guess as to what I'm supposed to do?
I know being in pre-alpha state is an excuse and all, but this is very fucking annoying. All it takes is a fucking screen of text that can be written in less than one hour to alleviate this issue, yet almost no devs do it.
Look at how LAGS expained everything in Lustful Spirit Hunt. That's the refined version of what devs could do but they don't even do a shitty version.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
I know being in pre-alpha state is an excuse and all, but this is very fucking annoying. All it takes is a fucking screen of text that can be written in less than one hour to alleviate this issue, yet almost no devs do it.
Look at how LAGS expained everything in Lustful Spirit Hunt. That's the refined version of what devs could do but they don't even do a shitty version.
We have added tooltips with (hopefully) very clear descriptions) to every single stat, those will be available on the next version.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Does This Gaem have pr0n inside ?

Cause it looks to good, to be p*rn :)
In the demo v2 we don't have a lot, but we are introducing a lot more XXX content in the next update, this project is intended to be a hentai game.

bobmcgee

Jan 2, 2018
Hey, quick thing. the Link to the discord in the Iron Gauntlet mode doesn't work. I think you made it all caps lock on accident.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Hey, quick thing. the Link to the discord in the Iron Gauntlet mode doesn't work. I think you made it all caps lock on accident.
That is a problem with the font, it's hard to discern between lower/upper case characters

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes