3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
But that's his normal pace. He's been doing that for the last 5 years and he still makes loads of money.
Yes, it's his pace. We are used to it. But it's not the average adult game dev's pace, that's just what I'm saying. There are some people here saying that it's the norm.

Dude's done 3 CGs in 4 months lol. Not even a CG a month, how can people say "Yeah it's ok, it's average".

Reactions: GaRbS

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Yes, it's his pace. We are used to it. But it's not the average adult game dev's pace, that's just what I'm saying. There are some people here saying that it's the norm.

Dude's done 3 CGs in 4 months lol. Not even a CG a month, how can people say "Yeah it's ok, it's average".
probably because, like me. peoples doesnt play that game for the CGs themself, but more for the story and humour on it.
sure CGs are great and all... but we all know that Akabur aint popular for doing game with tons of Cgs on them. he is popular for doing some nice stories and humour and stuff.
this game is not different than any previous Akabur games, only difference is just that its scifi themed, with an robot/illusion helper and a perfect shaped Ashelin (wich is also the only unique character from akabur on this game, all others where on others game before, that's probanly why Ashelin is the most popular girls in this game)
if you want a game with tons of CGs, then its better to play summertime saga. star channel 34 is all about story. (wich, like i say before, is great but in this last update have some nonsens point on it)
soo yeah, it is a good game, it is ok and its more than average to me. even for waiting 4 months. its not like akabur took thousand millions dollars from me anyway, soo can't complain.

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
probably because, like me. peoples doesnt play that game for the CGs themself, but more for the story and humour on it.
sure CGs are great and all... but we all know that Akabur aint popular for doing game with tons of Cgs on them. he is popular for doing some nice stories and humour and stuff.
this game is not different than any previous Akabur games, only difference is just that its scifi themed, with an robot/illusion helper and a perfect shaped Ashelin (wich is also the only unique character from akabur on this game, all others where on others game before, that's probanly why Ashelin is the most popular girls in this game)
if you want a game with tons of CGs, then its better to play summertime saga. star channel 34 is all about story. (wich, like i say before, is great but in this last update have some nonsens point on it)
soo yeah, it is a good game, it is ok and its more than average to me. even for waiting 4 months. its not like akabur took thousand millions dollars from me anyway, soo can't complain.
Even the Story is a lot worse than his previous games.PT and WT had all some sort of goal and they had a distinct setting.You could go around in the world and speak to the NPCs while in SC34 everything is done from a Event menu.

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
Patreon should not become a meeting place for those bums who ask for money for a project in development to laugh at people. There are finished triple A games much cheaper.

And if you make more money on your Patreon than on your job, and you perform less on your Patreon than on your job, you're laughing at people.

Patreon serves to support talented users, not people who take advantage of people.
….. triple a games? cheaper? it is estimated that Kingdom Hearts 3 cost anywhere $50 million to $150 million to produce. and that is the current most hyped triple A game released.

Hell Call of Duty 4's budget back in 2009 was estimated to be between 40 - 50 million, and shit was legitimately cheaper then.

Even all alone, 3 CGs in 4 months is absolutely not the norm. It's not even that good. How the fuck can you even think it's good lol. There's a ton of devs that are alone and that do more in 2 months.
and how many of those devs try to interact with there fans and supporters? How many have lives outside of the work? How many have incomplete games that they have burned themselves out on?

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
….. triple a games? cheaper? it is estimated that Kingdom Hearts 3 cost anywhere $50 million to $150 million to produce. and that is the current most hyped triple A game released.

Hell Call of Duty 4's budget back in 2009 was estimated to be between 40 - 50 million, and shit was legitimately cheaper then.

and how many of those devs try to interact with there fans and supporters? How many have lives outside of the work? How many have incomplete games that they have burned themselves out on?
Most. Most. Some, and that's Akabur case too. What's your point ?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018

:cautious: I'm talking about cost to the player, not production cost.

kin1055

Mar 16, 2018
love the game but there is no Mac link to download the game I don't know if you are trying to cut it out or just forgot but I hope you add it in because I love all of your work.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
funny as hell episode so kudos from that, genie/dumbledore/whatever others see him not getting any action besides hj from ashelin and got to fuck lara in 1 of her events must be making him blueballed. sex content with girls would be very nice to see.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
love the game but there is no Mac link to download the game I don't know if you are trying to cut it out or just forgot but I hope you add it in because I love all of your work.
Ren'py have perfect compatibility with wine, so you can install wine on your mac and play the Ren'py games that doesn't have a launcher.

zekameka

Aug 4, 2018
Its a pity that Ashelin became so spineless and submissive. I enjoyed her being feisty and prude, but being forced into stuff by dire circumstances.

I wonder where those 15k lines of text went that were mentioned. Or should we wait episode 6 very soon? Episode 5 is a week of work...

GypsyBastard

Aug 9, 2018
Its a pity that Ashelin became so spineless and submissive. I enjoyed her being feisty and prude, but being forced into stuff by dire circumstances.

I wonder where those 15k lines of text went that were mentioned. Or should we wait episode 6 very soon? Episode 5 is a week of work...
Really? A week of work. Dude, I like you to spit out the same quality in a months time, let alone a week.

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
It's always a great day when I see an update regarding Akabur, I probably wouldn't even be on this site if I hadn't found out about him from a friend years ago. He always takes a while to release something but at least his stuff is free.

Reactions: Aason

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
It's always a great day when I see an update regarding Akabur, I probably wouldn't even be on this site if I hadn't found out about him from a friend years ago. He always takes a while to release something but at least his stuff is free.
No his stuff is not free like everybody else he releases a patron build first

Reactions: dirheim
Jan 9, 2019
Sunset does everything from scratch too. The only thing that can be called reused are the different variation of CGs and sprites with diffrent costumes.Akabur does not even do CGs with diffrent costumes. Also no the CGs in SC34 are really not that detailed compared to his prevoius works
Maybe because his costumes are three times more complicated? Compare to WT in SC34 we have CGs at least, so no complains, both Lara's CG's are great and I love them, can't say the same about previous though.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I am stuck after the interview with April and dont know how to proceed. Can anybody help me?
try letting a few days pass by clicking the arrow, then check again on all chars.

No his stuff is not free like everybody else he releases a patron build first
IT IS free... as long you aren't forced to pay for play it, its free. no matter if patrons get it first or not, you not forced to give money for playing it, even here on F95 (wich Akabur is well informed about, as he already posted videos and post about us) you get it for free... because its free.
only difference here is that you dont have to give a donation to be able to play it a week before everybody else.

still, the game is free. as long its not mandatory to pay for playing it .
it wouldnt be free if peoples must have to give money for be able to get it. but the game is always avalaible for everybody after a week or something.

patrons just get the "test" build before its public released. wich mean, if you dont pay, you have higher chance to play a game without bugs (because most of bugs will be reported by patrons). while patrons who give money can play before but have chance to have bugs on the game.

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Played this last year. Yeah, it is slow and grindy, but really enjoyed it. Loaded the new version, can't really remember what to do, but can't seem to advance anywhere or unlock any new stuff. Can send girls on old missions, get stars, work them to get credits, but cant unlock anything for Lara, even though it says there are loads of quests. I'm not even sure I've progressed beyond episode 2, but I have unlocked Lara.
What am I missing?

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes