pyrolisk

Jan 16, 2021
You didn't miss anything, there is just very little content yet to prepare you.
The process I use and has been proven quite good in the long run is to
  • Introduce some initial tools/skills (done the last couple of months e.g. Eastern Forest of Runes, Nephlune, rescued refugee rewards, bar job, etc.)
  • Design main content challenge / puzzle based on available tools/skills (done in last release for fortress of wrath)
  • Design side content to make it easier to obtain the initial tools or provide new ways to beat the main content (done some work on this last week in the latest prerelease, was priorly still busy creating side content to make the pre-Festival part a bit easier for example Artist Job.)
  • Repeat
Currently, I am setting up all three main quests so it will be some time until I can focus on side content.
The disadvantage is that some new content may seem really difficult.
But on the other hand I don't need to rebalance and rework old content all the time and can get to the right difficulty by adding content.

hahahaha
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really want to like this game. I love the artwork, and the story. But the FUCKING GRIND man.. it's absolutely killing my drive to play it. Not so much the "slow burn" of corruption either.. it's the fucking SLOG FEST that is the combat and questing. Just endlessly running around going through bullshit fights.. where the AI is apparently GOD TIER, even on Story difficulty. Fucking ridiculous for an H-game to be stuck on Dark Souls difficulty. I'm stuck on the fucking slime summoner battle, and if I could throw a rotten tomato at you, I would. Fucking hell man.. I'm just trying to corrupt some cute innocent girl.. Now I'm too angry to even jerk off.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I really want to like this game. I love the artwork, and the story. But the FUCKING GRIND man.. it's absolutely killing my drive to play it. Not so much the "slow burn" of corruption either.. it's the fucking SLOG FEST that is the combat and questing. Just endlessly running around going through bullshit fights.. where the AI is apparently GOD TIER, even on Story difficulty. Fucking ridiculous for an H-game to be stuck on Dark Souls difficulty. I'm stuck on the fucking slime summoner battle, and if I could throw a rotten tomato at you, I would. Fucking hell man.. I'm just trying to corrupt some cute innocent girl.. Now I'm too angry to even jerk off.
tbh it's impossible to jerk off. You need an hour of gameplay to get to the next scene. So unless you can maintain a boner for that long doing nothing you can't really enjoy the game.

Reactions: pyrolisk

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Lewd scenes are unlocked by interacting with people, not just by having a high number.
Option is still blurred here, despite me having 45 lewdness.

2022-02-14_23h07_56.jpg

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
I know, I said I'll skip this game till April but couldn't resist so played till the latest pre-release... Amazing work. I thought that the balance between CG and non-CG scenes would be off by now but the devs have kept it quite decent still. The scenes I would enjoy illustrated would be peddler 3rd (because you guys really pushed him) and artist but let's see what happens. I personally don't understand why people think this game is hard to play, I had a lot of fun replaying the whole game, obv drifted scenes I had already seen but it was still quite easy.

My only recommendation, and a necessary one the more the game expands- Teleportation Mechanics. The closest thing that exists rn is the party taking you back to the village, that is cool but when you're alone it's very time-consuming to keep walking in the same places you've already been to.
1. In caves and long terrains like forest, go back to starting/go to map kind of teleport. once you reach the dead end instead of walking all the way back.
2. In villages (there is only one big one right now but), checkpoints on at least 4 corners because you have to walk round and round especially in the main village, time consuming when you're doing multiple quests.

Besides that, excited for more corruption of real-world Aura. :devilish:

On cheating the game:

• Angry
Reactions: pyrolisk

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Knightess?

KNIGHTESS?

I need to throw up!

The female form of knight is dame.

I know it sounds corny: "Star Dame Aura", but to a person living in a country with heraldry titles and monarchy, KNIGHTESS sounds downright stupid. Uninformed. Without respect of history. Take your pick. I know it doesn't matter, it's a game, but still.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
My only recommendation, and a necessary one the more the game expands- Teleportation Mechanics. The closest thing that exists rn is the party taking you back to the village
Do you mean the Patentia Rune with this or the scripted 1 time teleport backs like John asking you to head back?

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
Do you mean the Patentia Rune with this or the scripted 1 time teleport backs like John asking you to head back?
Any TP mechanic would be good, I wouldn't mind rune stones or the generic rpgm TP things on the floor or an item. The parts that I dislike are where you have to go from start to finish like in the vault in mines or when you go to the end bosses in the forest and have to walk all the way back. Something that would take you to the start of the map would be good. And ofc, walking around the village is also kind of tiresome after some time, mostly because there's no middle path, just have to go round.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Any TP mechanic would be good, I wouldn't mind rune stones or the generic rpgm TP things on the floor or an item. The parts that I dislike are where you have to go from start to finish like in the vault in mines or when you go to the end bosses in the forest and have to walk all the way back. Something that would take you to the start of the map would be good. And ofc, walking around the village is also kind of tiresome after some time, mostly because there's no middle path, just have to go round.
So um does the Patentia Rune (Charged) do the job (at least for returning) or not? :'D

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Knightess?

KNIGHTESS?

I need to throw up!

I know it sounds corny: "Star Dame Aura", but to a person living in a country with heraldry titles and monarchy, KNIGHTESS sounds downright stupid. Uninformed. Without respect of history. Take your pick. I know it doesn't matter, it's a game, but still.
Bruh i too know that Knightess is not really a word, but at this point who cares, the game is good

Reactions: pizbia and Watters

Wisling

Apr 19, 2018
Knightess?

KNIGHTESS?

I need to throw up!

That's intresting.
I shall take note of that.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, when I hear "dame" I think of some , not fantasy or medieval. But tacking "ess" at the end of what should be a gender-neutral word to make it more feminine is also pretty pointless.

loucrowe

Feb 22, 2018
Well, when I hear "dame" I think of some , not fantasy or medieval. But tacking "ess" at the end of what should be a gender-neutral word to make it more feminine is also pretty pointless.
There was a time when only knights were called sir, now every man is called that.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Actually knight was the title given by a lord (usually by a king or by the emperor) to his warriors of noble origins, who fought on a horse. It doesn't seems to me the dames were warriors, even if they were women of noble origins honoured with a rank equivalent to one of the knight.

anavel1750

Aug 2, 2017
For anyone complaining about the difficulty, just edit your save using mz save editor and overlevel everyone in your party. The dev choose this difficulty to set the weight of the story.

I think the argument about difficulty should solely lie on patreon's side. You still have a very easy way to adjust difficulty level. Just take the extra minute to modify your save.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
For anyone complaining about the difficulty, just edit your save using mz save editor and overlevel everyone in your party. The dev choose this difficulty to set the weight of the story.

I think the argument about difficulty should solely lie on patreon's side. You still have a very easy way to adjust difficulty level. Just take the extra minute to modify your save.
Or for less risk of breaking stuff, get someone's save from the thread and start a New Game+ with bonuses. Or just play in Story mode.

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
Not like there is a shortage of 0 effort visual novels on this site. If you don’t want to play an RPG then don’t plan an RPG.

Given you are failing to speak in either Latin or Shakespearian English you pedantry is invalid.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes