Oct 26, 2017
- In theory I should be incrementing the reading progress for every completed book when the max reading progress is increased. Could you name the concrete books where this seems to be not happening?
- Never heard of the womf of lust penalties going into the negative. Would be very interested if you can figure out a way to reproduce this.
- The clear area always gets triggered at the end of content for each of the 3 main quests which is intended. May be a questionable choice from my side but definitely intended behavior.
Thanks again for the quick reply!
- Here's what I had fully read at the time I updated from 0.8.2 to 0.20.2 (didn't tinker with the values so we can rule this one out):
"Luck is also a Skill!" isn't affected (in key items) even though it is non-lewd, properly shows 8/8. A shot in the dark here, but perhaps the required time was reduced in that timespan so my old progress ended up being higher than the new required progress and "overcompleted"?
Hardly a major issue as it isn't game-breaking (it just keeps reading the book) and will fix itself if the player progresses far enough for Aura to get the mental world change.
- Yeah, I'm still trying to reproduce what happened at the time with that odd Womb of Lust one. From what I can tell it's only supposed to increase and reset upon lewd acts/purification and overflowing into the negatives would be extremely unlikely (if at all possible even by doing it for billions of days). Unfortunately closed the window before I could capture it and that was while running the standalone.
- Thanks for the explanation. No worries, as long as this is the intended behavior, this is fine.

Jun 2, 2019
I think an interesting mechanic for future chapters of the game would be to allow corrupting Aura's friends next (i.e., rooms for them being added on to Aura's). Perhaps Richard's souleating created a crack in their psyches or something, or Alicia starts corrupting Aura to corrupt her friends.

For example, if Aura "lost" the first game, she could have the choice to help Richard/Alicia corrupt her friends too, or secretly undermine Richard/Alicia to spare her friends her fate (and potentially fail them, resulting in NTR?). And if Aura won the first game, perhaps Alicia could start over on Aura's friends as revenge on Aura; Aura could then be dragged down with them this time, or could keep them pure too by fighting the changes.

Or the friend corruption storylines could even be added to the current story. I.e., as Aura closes in on Richard, Alicia and Richard realize she's drawing strength from her friends (pure playthrough) or her friends are intervening to reverse her corruption (lewd playthrough), and so Richard/Alicia decide to corrupt the friends too.

As an aside, I've always been curious why Aura hasn't told her friends about this game she's in (and they were in). I feel like there has to have been an explanation, but I missed it. If not, having them get involved would be a nice plug for the hole. E.g., Aura realizes she needs help and explains everything to them, unwittingly making them targets too.

Anyway, the intricate corruption mechanic is my favorite thing about the game. I miss it already, even with the first game not finished yet.
It is already happening, although done without direct meddling with their mind, only beginning and only with one of Aura's friends: Richard seducing Rose, helped by the knowledge he got from killing her in Roya.

Jokey

Sep 17, 2017
Not sure how I broke it, but I can't implement Cheerleading Interest. I've cheated days and items but it never cause this before. New game on 0.20.3

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Not sure how I broke it, but I can't implement Cheerleading Interest. I've cheated days and items but it never cause this before. New game on 0.20.3
Interesting find, so the trash can is sparkling despite no interest being inside. On the bright side, you can still continue your game (Swap Rose and Alicia and do the green circle in the Happiness Room). I have seen this report two or three times now but haven't been able to reproduce it. If anyone has a reproduceable way to get into this state where the trash can sparkles without content, would be appreciated if they could share how get there.

Oct 26, 2017
Taking a quick look at the save, trashContents was set to 1 (causing the sparkling event page to proc) and cheerleadingInterest being zero, it also procs the default branch - but all possible value checks for options fail so there's no prompt to display other than leave. Might be useful to dump trashContents somewhere to see what triggered the increase, do you have a previous save right before this?

If you change cheerleadingInterest to 1 (if you save edit, variable 347) you get to either implant the first level (which requires exactly 1) or upgrade shoes II to level 3 since Aura's current shoesInterest is 4 and this requires the variable to be exactly 4 (in addition to already having a cheerleadingInterest; it's in the else branch).

(Meanwhile, a fun glitch during the "Richard seduces Rose at Peterson's after her relationship with Aura drops" scene and the party either is empty or has no sprite - faces show properly but it's an empty sprite moving around. Not exactly gamebreaking but trying to see what caused this, unless this is intentional. This also happens in the recollection so not a one time thing, but I suspect Rose no longer is here at this point somehow.)

Edit: Oh so that's why. Kept taking shots in the dark trying to find out why she wasn't showing up. Thanks again aura-dev.

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Taking a quick look at the save, trashContents was set to 1 (causing the sparkling event page to proc) and cheerleadingInterest being zero, it also procs the default branch - but all possible value checks for options fail so there's no prompt to display other than leave. Might be useful to dump trashContents somewhere to see what triggered the increase, do you have a previous save right before this?

If you change cheerleadingInterest to 1 (if you save edit, variable 347) you get to either implant the first level (which requires exactly 1) or upgrade shoes II to level 3 since Aura's current shoesInterest is 4 and this requires the variable to be exactly 4 (in addition to already having a cheerleadingInterest; it's in the else branch).

(Meanwhile, a fun glitch during the "Richard seduces Rose at Peterson's after her relationship with Aura drops" scene and the party either is empty or has no sprite - faces show properly but it's an empty sprite moving around. Not exactly gamebreaking but trying to see what caused this, unless this is intentional. This also happens in the recollection so not a one time thing, but I suspect Rose no longer is here at this point somehow.)
The invisible Rose gltich is fixed in 0.20.3 - she was still invisible from her sprite getting set to NONE during a certain story segment in the intro! Funny. :D

Anyways, exactly, trashContents being incorrectly at 1 is the issue on that save. That being said, the cheerleader interest missing is correct, it's not unlocked yet! The player still needs to do the available mental changes and it will then get correctly unlocked (I tried it out with his save).

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
i can't find Julian for Stolen Food quest i need to report to Julian, where is Julian?
He's the commander at the upstairs of the prison.

It's the door right next to where that guard is fighting that guy you have a duel with.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
where is the 10 abductees in price of freedom quest i found 8 of them but i cant find the others
3 on the ground where you start, 1 being molested by two guys near the shops, 3 in the rope climb thing, 2 in the duel area...

Aaaaand the last 1 was maybe the maid in the center left area...?

Oct 26, 2017
where is the 10 abductees in price of freedom quest i found 8 of them but i cant find the others
Get the VIP pass before buying off their debts as you can't buy one if you have any Perika debt and you need it. Arwin's ruleset will automatically pay off your debt should you have any when you face him after you win, and there's more than enough Perika to be gained around without even having Aura debase herself. (Don't have to spend a single gold coin either.)

3 on the ground right after walking on the Eyes of Greed hex as pointed out by Zarkhy
1 gambler addict next to the (rigged) blackjack zone
2 challengers in the arena
3 human derby runners
1 being courted by two nobles

They all end up in various areas of Roya, giving you skills or items, or just a thank you - better than nothing. (The gambler didn't learn his lesson though.)

You don't get anything by giving a vitality potion to the dying Trademond slave-buying noble and he *will* still buy slaves so pretend you didn't notice him (it's actually not hard to miss him and if you hesitate he'll be dead the second time) and let him die if you want, that's a waste of a perfectly useful potion unless you truly want to see Aura get mad about how ungrateful and shameless he is.

Edit: Thanks to Pretentious Goblin as usual for the fix.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
You don't get anything by giving a vitality potion to the dying Trademond slave-buying noble and he *will* still buy slaves so pretend you didn't notice him (it's actually not hard to miss him and if you hesitate he'll be dead the second time) and let him die if you want, that's a waste of a perfectly useful potion unless you truly want to see Aura get mad about how ungrateful and shameless he is.
iirc there is a Vice action with him later in the Congregation if you save him.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes