Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
really just any kind of visual effect, sparkles, circle, light up, just anything to tell me "Hey, you can spend corruption here at this time".
There is a sparkle visual effect for the thrash can in the Interests(?) room, so what you're describing is definitely doable.

But IMO that'd be too many sparkle effects on the screen, it would look kind of weird.

Some sort of less intrusive visual effect would be better.

Cyrilion

Dec 4, 2019
There is a sparkle visual effect for the thrash can in the Interests(?) room, so what you're describing is definitely doable.

But IMO that'd be too many sparkle effects on the screen, it would look kind of weird.

Some sort of less intrusive visual effect would be better.
Yeah less intrusive would be best, but tbh i would rather have sparkle room than run around the entire room twice to find what i missed lol

akaBubba

Jan 30, 2021
aura-dev I think I found a minor visual bug during the intro. When the 37th attacks the Generals, the standing form of one of the Generals (Sathanas?) is replaced by the downed form of a different General (Mammon?).

Boryszkov

Feb 1, 2018
Thanks a lot!
It was the happiness room actually. Didn't notice the "change drain to ugliness" thing. That's my only complaint tbh. The circles are farily easy to notice, same goes for almost everything else. Just this drain didn't occur as an interactable thing. Although the lack of readability is a complaint of mine in a lot of rpgm games (would also love to see more characters in the compendium, therewere times when I had to think for a second to remember who npc x is based on name and quest)

D Dave

Sep 8, 2021
Some story elements remind me of "Red hair Makina".
But the corruption system is unique and awesome.

hmm. no it was neither of them, the game im thinking of has the same rpg maker style look to it.
No, no, no, you are thinking about a long fucking session with Orcs. That's all you can think.
Maybe "Peasant Quest", but i don't remember any scene of that kind.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
It was the happiness room actually. Didn't notice the "change drain to ugliness" thing. That's my only complaint tbh. The circles are farily easy to notice,
Lol. For most people it's the other way around :ROFLMAO:

They use the computers but fail to activate the circles. That's why the Max Lewdness guide goes out of its way to point it out.

akaBubba

Jan 30, 2021
aura-dev I have another potential bug report from a new playthrough. It's Day 2, and I just did the alchemist 40% discount scene. My status screen is showing Corruption 1, and Willpower 100/100. Is this working as intended? Is the effect of corruption on willpower only calculated at the beginning of the day?

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
aura-dev I have another potential bug report from a new playthrough. It's Day 2, and I just did the alchemist 40% discount scene. My status screen is showing Corruption 1, and Willpower 100/100. Is this working as intended? Is the effect of corruption on willpower only calculated at the beginning of the day?
If I recall correctly it used to be a set willpower debuff, but was changed so that it now only gets applied to your willpower once at the start of the day.

Reactions: akaBubba

Cyrilion

Dec 4, 2019
here is a question, does Richard actually want Aura by his side and not kill her despite all his bravado?. Since to a certain extent Richard Respects Aura. That would be interesting. I think the same goes for Alicia, I can see her double cross Richard at one point. I can also see Alicia has ulterior motives for corrupting Aura and is not a simple black and white Aura is Alicia's enemy hence Alicia wants to destroy her thing. Every now and again Alicia has a slip of the tongue with her fellow cheerleaders regarding Aura in which is getting some of them jealous. Alicia being a Childhood friend of Aura also raises an eyebrow. Is Alicia's grudge actually with Rose. Aura was probably going to be Alicia's # 1 if Rose did not enter the picture. Or it is a Black White type of thing Aura Good,Alicia and Richard Evil with no nuance pretty clean cut. I have my doubts.but I think there is more to Aura,Alicia and Richard Relationships than meets the eye. it is a great game.
So personally i think it's much more nuanced than that.
Richard seems to consider most other to be less than human(meat), the exception being aura and *MAYBE* Alicia, from what i can tell this comes from him being smarter than most of his peers, and part of a family of wealthy elitists who don't consider killing others to be an issue(George's mother being a prime example). So to Richard, most "People" are just tools/cattle/meat, no complex thoughts, not worth his time or consideration, and he's bored of playing with meat, he desperately wants a challenge, something worthy of his time, then comes Aura who beats him intellectually, and therefore must be a human despite their completely incongruous beliefs. This makes Aura worth his interests as she is a human, but she has altruistic ideals, so who is right, Richards elitist hedonism, or Aura's altruism, Richard likely wants to test her and her ideals, because if she can best him in their match of wills, then he *MIGHT* be wrong, but Aura is a worthy rival, so he doesn't need to hold back, he's going to finally get to compete on a level playing field, and he fully expects Aura to throw his plans off balance, thats half the fun for him. But if she fails to beat Richard then she's just a disappointment, if she can't hold to her ideals and put up a fight then she'll just have to entertain him in some other way to make up for it.
Richard wants to compete with someone on his level, it's all just a game to him, he doesn't care about the world, thats just the backdrop to this game he's set up with the goddess to test Aura.

Alicia is much simpler in her desires, she wants to change Aura's mindset to hedonism so that they can be friends again. Aura was her only friend, her family basically abandoned her to work, and the rich kid got into bad habits and bad crowds, In comes Rose who's noble idealism appeals to Aura who's grown up on hero anime and has a massive narcissistic streak, who literally has so much belief in herself that she believes she "CANNOT" lose. Rose seems to just genuinely hate the attitude of the wealthy since she descends from wealth herself, and rebels against the expectations of her family. So Rose plays hero to prove she's better than the people around her, Aura plays hero because she's full of herself and being a champion of justice appeals to her lunatic fantasy of herself, and Alicia has naturally picked up elitism and hedonism to compensate for not having a family life, which puts her at odds with the only family she's ever had, and she's pissed that Aura chose her new friend over her.
Alicia will not give up on getting back together with Aura who in her mind just needs to open her eye's to what she should be doing since she believes Aura should be part of the upper crust with her, and thats the only way they can be friends again. So Alicia is changing Aura to be a version of Aura that could stand beside her willingly and happily, but she's still angry, both at Aura for abandoning her to chase some stupid hero dream, and Rose for stealing and "Corrupting" her closest friend. Alicia's alliance with Richard is tenuous at best, she's just not smart enough to keep up with him, and her ideals don't match his, Aura is her friend, but she needs to change to accept that, while Richard would throw the whole plan under the bus to have fun with his rival/new toy and while Alicia can accept most of his actions do to her strong belief in hierarchy, she can't accept him keeping her out of the loop and screwing up her plans, but she also knows she needs to play along to not draw Richards ire.

Aura is interesting because she's much more like Richard than she believes, she treats life like a game because she wants to be the "Hero", she's not helping people for their own good, at least not fully, she only helps people because doing so makes her fit a mold of an idea of a hero. She's acting, constantly pretending to be something she isn't because she enjoys emulating the fantasies she's obsessed with. Aura is just so full of herself that she honestly believes she will never fail, that there are not enough handicaps she could be given to lose, so she takes on every fight, since she's the perfect "Hero", she spends all her time either helping others, bettering herself so she can be perfect, or immersing herself in fantasy, nothing else matters to her. Her friends and relationships reflect this as well, most people, even the best people, will have friends of differing beliefs, not Aura, she excises anyone who doesn't fit her beliefs.
Aura is pathologically full of herself, only associates with strong willed individuals who match her beliefs, looks down on those who don't, and is extremely competitive, while also believing nobody can defeat her. She's basically good aligned Richard.

Anyway this is just my own perception of the characters, i could be waaaaay off, i'll probably change my perception as i have more dialogue and do more playthroughs for other endings :)

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
So personally i think it's much more nuanced than that.
Richard seems to consider most other to be less than human(meat), the exception being aura and *MAYBE* Alicia, from what i can tell this comes from him being smarter than most of his peers, and part of a family of wealthy elitists who don't consider killing others to be an issue(George's mother being a prime example). So to Richard, most "People" are just tools/cattle/meat, no complex thoughts, not worth his time or consideration, and he's bored of playing with meat, he desperately wants a challenge, something worthy of his time, then comes Aura who beats him intellectually, and therefore must be a human despite their completely incongruous beliefs. This makes Aura worth his interests as she is a human, but she has altruistic ideals, so who is right, Richards elitist hedonism, or Aura's altruism, Richard likely wants to test her and her ideals, because if she can best him in their match of wills, then he *MIGHT* be wrong, but Aura is a worthy rival, so he doesn't need to hold back, he's going to finally get to compete on a level playing field, and he fully expects Aura to throw his plans off balance, thats half the fun for him. But if she fails to beat Richard then she's just a disappointment, if she can't hold to her ideals and put up a fight then she'll just have to entertain him in some other way to make up for it.
Richard wants to compete with someone on his level, it's all just a game to him, he doesn't care about the world, thats just the backdrop to this game he's set up with the goddess to test Aura.

Alicia is much simpler in her desires, she wants to change Aura's mindset to hedonism so that they can be friends again. Aura was her only friend, her family basically abandoned her to work, and the rich kid got into bad habits and bad crowds, In comes Rose who's noble idealism appeals to Aura who's grown up on hero anime and has a massive narcissistic streak, who literally has so much belief in herself that she believes she "CANNOT" lose. Rose seems to just genuinely hate the attitude of the wealthy since she descends from wealth herself, and rebels against the expectations of her family. So Rose plays hero to prove she's better than the people around her, Aura plays hero because she's full of herself and being a champion of justice appeals to her lunatic fantasy of herself, and Alicia has naturally picked up elitism and hedonism to compensate for not having a family life, which puts her at odds with the only family she's ever had, and she's pissed that Aura chose her new friend over her.
Alicia will not give up on getting back together with Aura who in her mind just needs to open her eye's to what she should be doing since she believes Aura should be part of the upper crust with her, and thats the only way they can be friends again. So Alicia is changing Aura to be a version of Aura that could stand beside her willingly and happily, but she's still angry, both at Aura for abandoning her to chase some stupid hero dream, and Rose for stealing and "Corrupting" her closest friend. Alicia's alliance with Richard is tenuous at best, she's just not smart enough to keep up with him, and her ideals don't match his, Aura is her friend, but she needs to change to accept that, while Richard would throw the whole plan under the bus to have fun with his rival/new toy and while Alicia can accept most of his actions do to her strong belief in hierarchy, she can't accept him keeping her out of the loop and screwing up her plans, but she also knows she needs to play along to not draw Richards ire.

Aura is interesting because she's much more like Richard than she believes, she treats life like a game because she wants to be the "Hero", she's not helping people for their own good, at least not fully, she only helps people because doing so makes her fit a mold of an idea of a hero. She's acting, constantly pretending to be something she isn't because she enjoys emulating the fantasies she's obsessed with. Aura is just so full of herself that she honestly believes she will never fail, that there are not enough handicaps she could be given to lose, so she takes on every fight, since she's the perfect "Hero", she spends all her time either helping others, bettering herself so she can be perfect, or immersing herself in fantasy, nothing else matters to her. Her friends and relationships reflect this as well, most people, even the best people, will have friends of differing beliefs, not Aura, she excises anyone who doesn't fit her beliefs.
Aura is pathologically full of herself, only associates with strong willed individuals who match her beliefs, looks down on those who don't, and is extremely competitive, while also believing nobody can defeat her. She's basically good aligned Richard.

Anyway this is just my own perception of the characters, i could be waaaaay off, i'll probably change my perception as i have more dialogue and do more playthroughs for other endings :)
I think you are more right than you know. It would be interesting if even a corrupted Aura could still give Richard a run for his money having Richard keep his respect for Aura despite her changes.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
it would be interesting to see Aura actually go Evil,not just corrupt. LOL. Kind of Alicia's plan backfiring in a manner, instead of Aura being Alicia's # 1, Aura makes Alicia her #1 and then joins Richard or she bests both of them despite her mind changes and she dominates the two of them,yet now she has lost her idealism. Perhaps looking at it from the angle that Alicia and Richard's plans worked too good. That they thought a corrupted Aura would be easy to control when in fact her mindset changed only made her a larger threat.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
How do you steal the mana crystal? Stuck at 50s MP
The vast majority of your MP comes from using the Alchemist to convert Ether into mana stones. If you are talking about keeping the mana catalyst during the hermit quest, you need to have gotten Aura's vice stat to 10+ IIRC to get the option to keep it. If you are referring to something else by "steal the mana crystal" then I am drawing a blank. Except... The only other thing I can think of is breaking the engagement ring you get from the goblin quest. You can get a mana stone from that by interacting with the ring while it is in your inventory. In the long run that option ends up losing you a favor that is worth more than the stone though.

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes