the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Star Knightess Aura v0.25.4.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
minimum system requirements: Android 8.0

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

limeslayer

May 23, 2020
Well i basicly ruined my experince by swapping to storry mode. I didnt knew you had so many possible ways to extend the "sould-break" and that you even build up that corruption limit.

Does anyone have a save file like short after arwins battle?

jeffdoran

Aug 2, 2019
I'm trying to complete the john rising quest but none of the skill are showing up what am I doing wrong. (Android btw)

Jun 17, 2017
I don't know if I have played Hard mode wrong but I don't feel like it's suuuper fun. Having it slow down the pace of the game, having many empty days in which you can't do much, making enemies unbearably strong, the upgrades needed uncountable. I feel like it'd be better to roll back and have huge bumps to corruption gained (like double corruption gain from anything, maybe except the every-two-days one) but much smaller buffs to foes (+10-15% stats).

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
Very nice game. Does breaking the ring of Albrecht lead to alternative quests / side-story?
There's a later quest (called Papertrail, IIRC) for which you need to enter a mansion that has a guard in front. To get the guard to let you pass you gotta either bribe him or get Albrecht to vouch for you. He won't vouch for you if you broke his ring.

Also there's a brand new quest coming called Homewrecking (or something like that) that'll have some text changes depending on whether the ring broke or not, but no real changes.

EDIT: Also, not sure if I remember this correctly, but breaking the ring might've made it so that you gotta pay Albrecht's girlfriend to teach you Tailwind.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zen777 and butsmuts

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I don't know if I have played Hard mode wrong but I don't feel like it's suuuper fun. Having it slow down the pace of the game, having many empty days in which you can't do much, making enemies unbearably strong, the upgrades needed uncountable. I feel like it'd be better to roll back and have huge bumps to corruption gained (like double corruption gain from anything, maybe except the every-two-days one) but much smaller buffs to foes (+10-15% stats).
Only increasing corruption gains from corruption sources that aren't time passage of time and making the debuffs low would lead to Hard mode just being Normal mode purity run but you get more penalties if you aren't being pure.
And the doubled corruption for passage of time didn't work work well, issues here can be found in the devlog posts.

In general Hard mode is definitely intended as a Hard mode.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
As Aura-Dev mentioned, having higher corruption gain on hard mode didn't really work very well. The problem is that it takes time for the real world scenes that unlock new mental changes to play out, so with a high rate of corruption gain its possible to end up not being able to spend corruption fast enough.

Personally I enjoy hard mode, but it definitely is a game mode for someone who wants to treat the game as a difficult puzzle.

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, my post was a bit superficial buutt, what I mean is: I really like this game, I usually really like hard modes of games I play, but I happen to not have that much fun in this game's hard mode. My first run with it was super fun cause it implemented the Curse of Lust/Womb whereas Normal didn't have it and the challenge at the time was kinda fair. In time, though, Hard mode has gotten tougher and tougher (in ways I'm not particularly fond of) and that's made it difficult for me to get back on the game 'cause of the dilemma between having a run with fewer avenues to 'roleplay' (Normal) and a chore-ish, extra long, super-harsh one. All in all I don't want to rant, I was just reporting my experience and wondering what the general consensus was towards Hard mode.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Yeah, my post was a bit superficial buutt, what I mean is: I really like this game, I usually really like hard modes of games I play, but I happen to not have that much fun in this game's hard mode. My first run with it was super fun cause it implemented the Curse of Lust/Womb whereas Normal didn't have it and the challenge at the time was kinda fair. In time, though, Hard mode has gotten tougher and tougher (in ways I'm not particularly fond of) and that's made it difficult for me to get back on the game 'cause of the dilemma between having a run with fewer avenues to 'roleplay' (Normal) and a chore-ish, extra long, super-harsh one. All in all I don't want to rant, I was just reporting my experience and wondering what the general consensus was towards Hard mode.
Have you tried it out with NG+ bonuses to skew the difficulty back into your favor?

akaBubba

Jan 30, 2021
Since we're sharing thoughts on hard mode, I'll throw in my recent experience. I started on 25.2 (so before the book change). I didn't use NG+ bonuses, and for RP reasons am selling the early star metals to the workshop, so I don't have a ton of spare gold to work with. This is an RP run, so I'm triggering some but not all lewd events. Under these circumstances, the early game is rough. And the game-to-reading ratio isn't optimal (I'm rereading to get the full experience and see if I can catch clues to some of the game's mysteries). Aura can do essentially nothing while under Curse II and III. However, things get a bit better near the end of Chapter 1. I did the Festival on Day 81, and was able to go all of Chapter 1 without using SKA until after the first phase of the Festival boss fight where I finally used it for the rest. Alicia was still in the first room, with about 10-15 corruption needed to progress to the second. Some boss fights took multiple attempts, but the only really obnoxious encounter was the slime summoner fight, which the buff to 30% might be affecting disproportionately. But I did get through it, so it's manageable. I'm not very far into Chapter 2 yet, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes