Jun 17, 2017
Since we're sharing thoughts on hard mode, I'll throw in my recent experience. I started on 25.2 (so before the book change). I didn't use NG+ bonuses, and for RP reasons am selling the early star metals to the workshop, so I don't have a ton of spare gold to work with. This is an RP run, so I'm triggering some but not all lewd events. Under these circumstances, the early game is rough. And the game-to-reading ratio isn't optimal (I'm rereading to get the full experience and see if I can catch clues to some of the game's mysteries). Aura can do essentially nothing while under Curse II and III. However, things get a bit better near the end of Chapter 1. I did the Festival on Day 81, and was able to go all of Chapter 1 without using SKA until after the first phase of the Festival boss fight where I finally used it for the rest. Alicia was still in the first room, with about 10-15 corruption needed to progress to the second. Some boss fights took multiple attempts, but the only really obnoxious encounter was the slime summoner fight, which the buff to 30% might be affecting disproportionately. But I did get through it, so it's manageable. I'm not very far into Chapter 2 yet, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar

For clarification I wasn't saying Hard mode was unbeatable, although I haven't played much in the last few months. My problem is that I wasn't finding it that much enjoyable, and that the direction it seems to be taking should exacerbate my issues with it.
Moreover, if I understood correctly the latest bosses added in Chapter 2 are extremely difficult already in Normal mode, so I expect it'd take months from now to beat them in Hard mode.
Methinks for the time being I'll play Normal when I'll pick up the game again, and will give Hard a go when the 1.0 will be released.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Star Knightess Aura v0.26.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
minimum system requirements: Android 8.0

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Ivriktwo

Oct 14, 2021
To the ones playing this game: How many updates do you think it will take to have this game finished? The game looks amazing but i kinda don´t want to play until is finished and i want to know howw much will I have to wait. For me it´s cool if the developer takes it´s time it really looks like he is doing a good job

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
aura-dev I found a bug. if you watch the repeatable John sex scene in the gallery before he would normally be in the guild then is creates a seemingly permanent uninteractable version of John. I didn't extensively test it, so it might just always do it, regardless of when you watch the scene.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
To the ones playing this game: How many updates do you think it will take to have this game finished? The game looks amazing but i kinda don´t want to play until is finished and i want to know howw much will I have to wait. For me it´s cool if the developer takes it´s time it really looks like he is doing a good job
This dev actually plans this stuff, so summer-autumn 2024 is estimated for 1.0.

Any changelog?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hp_surfer

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
It would be one of the best games on this site if it had ten times the amount of pictures it currently has.
Like the character, story, unique corruption system and interesting rpg elements, but simply cannot enjoy it fully since there are so few pictures....

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
It would be one of the best games on this site if it had ten times the amount of pictures it currently has.
Like the character, story, unique corruption system and interesting rpg elements, but simply cannot enjoy it fully since there are so few pictures....
Those are getting added over time as the game updates you do realize? That is one of the downsides of a playing a work in progress before it is done.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
I think there is a typo in the changelog. It says 0.25 when it should be 0.26. I was so confused at first XD

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Those are getting added over time as the game updates you do realize? That is one of the downsides of a playing a work in progress before it is done.
Yeah, but considering how slowly they are added, it will take 5 years to have a reasonable amount of illustrations. It is like a couple of them in a month.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
There is a patreon goal for a secondary artist.

Reactions: Guitar_Villain

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
There is a patreon goal for a secondary artist.
Be careful with differing artstyle. While a very good game, the differing artstyles in promise best left unkept really took me out of it sometimes.
You have a certain image of a character and then they look completely different... artstyle consistency is pretty important imo.

Reactions: Bandiger and Vagic

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
Be careful with differing artstyle. While a very good game, the differing artstyles in promise best left unkept really took me out of it sometimes.
You have a certain image of a character and then they look completely different... artstyle consistency is pretty important imo.
Then people can't complain too much about the art speed, lol. This game updates new art quicker far more than most.

Reactions: Guitar_Villain
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes