Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Wait, who's Jacob? One of the adventurers? How do I speak with him, except for the outside of the mine conversationif he's an adventurer?
Ah, sorry, he's a NPC. You get get to him by doing a quick fetch-quest that starts from the church (upper left in the town). Good idea to do this early and learn the Light spell there with the discount, might help with the spider queen.

Grufix

Nov 1, 2020
Ah, sorry, he's a NPC. You get get to him by doing a quick fetch-quest that starts from the church (upper left in the town). Good idea to do this early and learn the Light spell there with the discount, might help with the spider queen.
Oh, the guy to whom I need to deliver the curse medicine for his daughter. Do I need to speak to him about the braziers after getting the quest for Spider mine?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, the guy to whom I need to deliver the curse medicine for his daughter. Do I need to speak to him about the braziers after getting the quest for Spider mine?
Normally iirc he gives you tips about the fight once you have accepted the mine quest. Though I haven't tried doing the church quest during the mine quest. Have you tried the braziers without talking to Jacob? If they don't work, does he say anything about the spider queen? Honestly, if it's being that much trouble, I say just use the collar and squash the damn thing.

Grufix

Nov 1, 2020
Normally iirc he gives you tips about the fight once you have accepted the mine quest. Though I haven't tried doing the church quest during the mine quest. Have you tried the braziers without talking to Jacob? If they don't work, does he say anything about the spider queen? Honestly, if it's being that much trouble, I say just use the collar and squash the damn thing.
I think, I activated one of the braziers before walking up on the spider sprite but got scared that it takes away MP from the Mage girl and didn't want to fight the boss low on MP, so I back away before triggering it and went to explore further ruins.

KaitenBK201

May 18, 2017
The slimy oil formula i can find 3 out of 4 but the last one i ran in circle for a while but can't spot it.

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
The slimy oil formula i can find 3 out of 4 but the last one i ran in circle for a while but can't spot it.
There's one in the entrance room (right before the two glowing circles with Curse Traps) on the bottom left that I thought was kind of hard to spot. I ended up picking it by accident.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
So glad that I can carry new game+ into the new update LOL Now I have money to actually get stuff done faster

Mos1508

Dec 2, 2018
For those interested in the upcoming content this month / my (art) commissioning plan for the next couple months:

Thx for the Roadmap. ^^

One more Question.

Is it obligatory to destroy the glasses later?

I like girls with glasses :0

Reactions: Watters

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Slowly working my way through my first shot at the game, trying for purity because I like to make things hard on myself. I'm loving what I see so far. Even without using them, looking at the three rooms of her mind that I can unlock with a purity run I can see how detailed the corruption system is and I love it. I can already see the start of the strategy and the first few steps I want to take when I do a corruption run. I also love the both the simplicity of the skills and combat, and how well it works together with the quest and exp system, even as it leaves me agonizing over the decisions I make in what to spend time and money upgrading. I can already see some mistakes I've made that I will do differently in my next run, but because of how the whole thing works, I can see my other options without difficulty, and the mistakes I made don't end my run, they just leave me stuck for a bit while I earn money to get an upgrade I need to progress (darn purity run preventing me from just star knighting the crap out of my problems). The fact that build mistakes aren't game ending (at least not completly, if I make too many and lose too much time to them I'm sure I'll soul break) is wonderful. I've played games where if you screwed up your build in the beginning you just couldn't complete the game, but you didn't always find that out until hours later.

One question I have for now is in regards to the new game plus. If I complete a run as far as it can go for now (or soul break, though I can't remember if you said that would get new game plus points with penalty already, or if that was future plans) and new game plus it, and then do another run and then do new game plus for a second time, do I get to keep what I got from the first new game plus, and increase my rewards further with the second new game plus, or does the second new game plus start from a blank slate and completely overwrite the first new game plus?

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Slowly working my way through my first shot at the game, trying for purity because I like to make things hard on myself. I'm loving what I see so far. Even without using them, looking at the three rooms of her mind that I can unlock with a purity run I can see how detailed the corruption system is and I love it. I can already see the start of the strategy and the first few steps I want to take when I do a corruption run. I also love the both the simplicity of the skills and combat, and how well it works together with the quest and exp system, even as it leaves me agonizing over the decisions I make in what to spend time and money upgrading. I can already see some mistakes I've made that I will do differently in my next run, but because of how the whole thing works, I can see my other options without difficulty, and the mistakes I made don't end my run, they just leave me stuck for a bit while I earn money to get an upgrade I need to progress (darn purity run preventing me from just star knighting the crap out of my problems). The fact that build mistakes aren't game ending (at least not completly, if I make too many and lose too much time to them I'm sure I'll soul break) is wonderful. I've played games where if you screwed up your build in the beginning you just couldn't complete the game, but you didn't always find that out until hours later.

One question I have for now is in regards to the new game plus. If I complete a run as far as it can go for now (or soul break, though I can't remember if you said that would get new game plus points with penalty already, or if that was future plans) and new game plus it, and then do another run and then do new game plus for a second time, do I get to keep what I got from the first new game plus, and increase my rewards further with the second new game plus, or does the second new game plus start from a blank slate and completely overwrite the first new game plus?
Each Game Plus adds to the next one so you are not totally fucked once you either lose or win the run with trying to spend a different quantity of your points again so if in ng+ 1 you got 5 points and ng+ 2 u got lets say 3 then u got 8 points to spend and not 3 for ur next run

Reactions: Watters and ilmncsm

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Each Game Plus adds to the next one so you are not totally fucked once you either lose or win the run with trying to spend a different quantity of your points again so if in ng+ 1 you got 5 points and ng+ 2 u got lets say 3 then u got 8 points to spend and not 3 for ur next run
Thank you very much! That answers my question exactly and was the answer I was hoping for. Good, that makes me feel much more content with the mistakes I made earlier in this run. It's all part of the learning experience.

Edit: ... Are you just suposed to sell star metal? I just noticed that it doesn't get used up when either sharpening your sword or when doing the other sword upgrades. The way the shopkeeper phrases it, I assumed you had to have star metal to upgrade your weapon, but is that not the case? Have I been sitting on a bunch of money this entire time like a dumbass?

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
does the second new game plus start from a blank slate and completely overwrite the first new game plus?
if in ng+ 1 you got 5 points and ng+ 2 u got lets say 3 then u got 8 points to spend and not 3 for ur next run
This isn't 100% correct, the game always tracks your best run. So if you have 5 in NG+ 1 and 3 in NG+ 2 then your score is 5.
Please note soul break will only trigger NG+ with the upcoming public patch.

he way the shopkeeper phrases it, I assumed you had to have star metal to upgrade your weapon, but is that not the case? Have I been sitting on a bunch of money this entire time like a dumbass?
You need to sell Star Metal to the shop for little money to unlock more Sword Sharpening levels as well as some new items at the alchemist. You could also sell it in a normal shop for lots of money.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Thx for the Roadmap. ^^

One more Question.

Is it obligatory to destroy the glasses later?

I like girls with glasses :0
I'm afraid removing glasses is obligatory in 1.0. I use the "Compliments" variable that you get when you plugin Popularity I (which will most likely always be a mandatory mental change) for further progress so it would be possible in 2.0 to introduce an alternate corruption that gives you this +1 like exhanging the glasses for some stylish glasses instead of breaking or something like that. But as usual, that's future music.

Sorry for always bringing up "not 1.0 but maybe 2.0", it's just my way to control project scope and get a finished game without locking me out from all the cool stuff you could do with the game. :D

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Well fuck me should have phrased me explanation better english isn't exactly my mother tongue, so i should have wrote " if u get 3 more points than your last run your points for your next run would be 8 to spend".

Last edited:

Mos1508

Dec 2, 2018
It's Ok
I think you can live with the solution. ^^
As long as it is still in the back of your mind.

The game is great

I noticed that the Wrath curse and the thoughts of Aura use the same red color.
Could be considered to give the curse a darker red if it happens later in the game that the curse triggers again.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
So I might have encountered a glitch. The corpse on the top right of the new forest area with his head smash gives you a Magic Theory book. But if you keep talking to the corpse, you keep getting another one. I know you're only supposed to have one and IDK if its possible to sell it for money but I know its not intentional.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
This isn't 100% correct, the game always tracks your best run. So if you have 5 in NG+ 1 and 3 in NG+ 2 then your score is 5.
Please note soul break will only trigger NG+ with the upcoming public patch.

You need to sell Star Metal to the shop for little money to unlock more Sword Sharpening levels as well as some new items at the alchemist. You could also sell it in a normal shop for lots of money.
Thanks for the clarification on the NG+, both how the points work, and that soul break doesn't yet trigger NG+.

Thanks also for explaining exactly how star metal works.

A new question then, what exactly are the parameters that earn you NG+ points?

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes