Mar 25, 2020
Great work so far, I can see you have put a lot of work into the corruption mechanic, I can't wait to see H scenes added to the game.

I have been playing through, how often are updates to the game?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Great work so far, I can see you have put a lot of work into the corruption mechanic, I can't wait to see H scenes added to the game.

Once a week. Dev has said 3+ years to 1.0, and after that add more non-linearity to the corruption progression.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for the clarification on the NG+, both how the points work, and that soul break doesn't yet trigger NG+.

Thanks also for explaining exactly how star metal works.

A new question then, what exactly are the parameters that earn you NG+ points?
I think it was something about how many bosses you killed hiw many corruption points you used or was it lewd?, how many times you were defeated, but dont count me on this one i don't exactly remember

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
quick question will there be this type of scene in the future? They are my favorites and I love them :love:UwU
I have only roughly planned the story important real world h-scenes as it's still quite some way until then.
So my answer regarding any of them is right now: Unsure.

Smaller patches mostly containing bugfixes/balancing improvements/system improvements are once a week to the public.
There are also weekly prereleases exclusive to patrons which have new story content.
Once a month (at the last saturday of each month) I then fully update the public build with all the new content.

Thanks for the clarification on the NG+, both how the points work, and that soul break doesn't yet trigger NG+.

Thanks also for explaining exactly how star metal works.

A new question then, what exactly are the parameters that earn you NG+ points?
There are two Score formulas.
One for Victory score (killedBosess - lewdness - mentalChanges) and one for Defeat (just lewdness).

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
An update that I did notice that the Advance Theory book can in fact be sold multiple times as well as being picked up infinitely. As a result, I never have to worry about money again :') Hope that gets patched since the whole "Spend your money wisely" no longer applies. Also, when I went to the church, the church didn't restock the blessed water despite the game saying it did.

But I reached the end in 3 hours because of NG+ money. I had a few questions concerning the slime summon. With how much stuff can be given to it, the MP items feel wasted despite being the most abundance. Is the slime going to be able to learn water based moves or will it turn into the enemy slimes where it can turn red and cast fire? The slime being there makes things easier because of it being an easy punching bag, but it still seems a lot of lewd and item investment isn't making it worth it at the moment.

(Also, the spider in the new area gave me a jump scare. I enter the cave, its dark and the spider just rushes me when I had 5 HP and I was like "sdjfksfdjgadhksjldf". But then its like "Oh yeah, the spider queen is weak at this point".)

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
An update that I did notice that the Advance Theory book can in fact be sold multiple times as well as being picked up infinitely. As a result, I never have to worry about money again :') Hope that gets patched since the whole "Spend your money wisely" no longer applies. Also, when I went to the church, the church didn't restock the blessed water despite the game saying it did.

But I reached the end in 3 hours because of NG+ money. I had a few questions concerning the slime summon. With how much stuff can be given to it, the MP items feel wasted despite being the most abundance. Is the slime going to be able to learn water based moves or will it turn into the enemy slimes where it can turn red and cast fire? The slime being there makes things easier because of it being an easy punching bag, but it still seems a lot of lewd and item investment isn't making it worth it at the moment.

(Also, the spider in the new area gave me a jump scare. I enter the cave, its dark and the spider just rushes me when I had 5 HP and I was like "sdjfksfdjgadhksjldf". But then its like "Oh yeah, the spider queen is weak at this point".)
Sorry forgot to respond to you. I fixed that one yes. Will be in tomorrow's patch.
Slime will be able to learn "Morph: FIRE" and other attribute morphs down the line.
Right now, it's not really up on my priority list to add though.

Regarding the Blessed Water, it takes a day to restock after you have achieved a restock condition.
If it didn't restock after a day, which restock condition exactly did you trigger? I assume the one after reporting the demon kill?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
So I just defeated my first demon inside it's domain, and leveled up as a direct result of absorbing it, and that immediately made me want to ask a question. The way that event is scripted, does it just give you a level, or does it give you a certain amount of experience which presumably will level you up based on what you've probably completed by then? Because I was close to leveling up, but if it just levels you up no matter what, it might be worth it to try to beat the demon earlier to get more exp out of it.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
So I just defeated my first demon inside it's domain, and leveled up as a direct result of absorbing it, and that immediately made me want to ask a question. The way that event is scripted, does it just give you a level, or does it give you a certain amount of experience which presumably will level you up based on what you've probably completed by then? Because I was close to leveling up, but if it just levels you up no matter what, it might be worth it to try to beat the demon earlier to get more exp out of it.
You get 50 EXP for killing it. I think there is a small popup saying "Obtained 50 EXP! +1 Corruption! +2 Corruption Limit!"
There are no direct level ups in the game, you always level via EXP.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilmncsm

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
You get 50 EXP for killing it. I think there is a small popup saying "Obtained 50 EXP! +1 Corruption! +2 Corruption Limit!"
There are no direct level ups in the game, you always level via EXP.
Thanks. I was fairly certain it as going to be an exp reward, but if there was a popup I missed it. The popups I saw were +1 Corruption! +2 Corruption Limit! Aura gained a level!

I might have missed it, or it might not come up if you also level up. Not sure.

Lazarus 61

May 27, 2018
Thanks for the answer, if you have reason first the main story and then the strong and hard content, and a maybe is always better than a NO ;) CollageMaker_20210603_223323134.jpg

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Alright, I've reached the end of the current content in my purity run. Max current available points, and looking at the walkthrough doc using a very different strategy.

I absolutely love what I'm seeing so far, and am looking forwards to starting a new game plus corruption run to see the current content available there.

Before I started playing the game, I initially wondered a bit at the time frame you were projecting for 1.0 to be complete, but now having reached the end of the current build I can see the scale of what you are working to build here. We are nowhere near being ready to fight Richard, and presumably going the other direction we are no way near ready to finish corrupting Aura. The scale of this game is way beyond what I am used to seeing these days, and I greatly appreciate that. I think that it's a very good thing you planned to stay narrow for version 1.0 or feature creep would absolutely destroy you before you finished. Going back for it afterwards in 2.0 is definitely the way to go, and I am definitely going to be following this project for the foreseeable future. I look forwards to seeing where you go from here.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know what strategy I used, I wound up going with a very very tanky strategy. It wasn't the best decision to make in the beginning, and it started rather slow, but once I got going I found that most enemies, and even some bosses just couldn't really damage me. Sure I didn't do vast amounts of damage back, but I had the hit points and defense to take that. Part of the reason I wound up with this build is because I just didn't get the Rampage martial for quite some time, because I saw other people talking about it, but had no idea where to get it (I somehow missed the skill name when the third duelist in the bar used it so I had no idea what the skill even was when people mentioned it). Without Rampage, I had no extreme damage output option, so I just kept boosting my defense and health until I could out tank them even with my lower damage. I also only wound up getting thunder real late in the game, so until that point I had to be tanky enough to just deal with enemy martial skills. It really speaks to the good game balance that you have so far, that I could go so far off track of what most people probably do, and even what I usually do in games, and still manage to complete all the current content without once using the Star Knightess power. You can make your own build, and as long as you pay attention to what is currently giving you trouble, and build to correct that, then you take very different routes through the content. Very well done, and I hope that you can continue to keep that balance.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Sorry forgot to respond to you. I fixed that one yes. Will be in tomorrow's patch.
Slime will be able to learn "Morph: FIRE" and other attribute morphs down the line.
Right now, it's not really up on my priority list to add though.

Regarding the Blessed Water, it takes a day to restock after you have achieved a restock condition.
If it didn't restock after a day, which restock condition exactly did you trigger? I assume the one after reporting the demon kill?
I beat the quest that gave me the message of them selling the Blessed Water. I immediately bought all of them. Then I do my usual weapon refine + learning Rampage the next few days. Third day and Blessed Water still showed it was out of stock. I don't know if its supposed to restock once per day or if its just a restock for that one occasion for story purposes.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Alright, I've reached the end of the current content in my purity run. Max current available points, and looking at the walkthrough doc using a very different strategy.

I absolutely love what I'm seeing so far, and am looking forwards to starting a new game plus corruption run to see the current content available there.

Before I started playing the game, I initially wondered a bit at the time frame you were projecting for 1.0 to be complete, but now having reached the end of the current build I can see the scale of what you are working to build here. We are nowhere near being ready to fight Richard, and presumably going the other direction we are no way near ready to finish corrupting Aura. The scale of this game is way beyond what I am used to seeing these days, and I greatly appreciate that. I think that it's a very good thing you planned to stay narrow for version 1.0 or feature creep would absolutely destroy you before you finished. Going back for it afterwards in 2.0 is definitely the way to go, and I am definitely going to be following this project for the foreseeable future. I look forwards to seeing where you go from here.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know what strategy I used, I wound up going with a very very tanky strategy. It wasn't the best decision to make in the beginning, and it started rather slow, but once I got going I found that most enemies, and even some bosses just couldn't really damage me. Sure I didn't do vast amounts of damage back, but I had the hit points and defense to take that. Part of the reason I wound up with this build is because I just didn't get the Rampage martial for quite some time, because I saw other people talking about it, but had no idea where to get it (I somehow missed the skill name when the third duelist in the bar used it so I had no idea what the skill even was when people mentioned it). Without Rampage, I had no extreme damage output option, so I just kept boosting my defense and health until I could out tank them even with my lower damage. I also only wound up getting thunder real late in the game, so until that point I had to be tanky enough to just deal with enemy martial skills. It really speaks to the good game balance that you have so far, that I could go so far off track of what most people probably do, and even what I usually do in games, and still manage to complete all the current content without once using the Star Knightess power. You can make your own build, and as long as you pay attention to what is currently giving you trouble, and build to correct that, then you take very different routes through the content. Very well done, and I hope that you can continue to keep that balance.
After complaining last week of the later enemies in the build, I came to realize that outside of the NG+ giving me the money boost that if you keep boosting your magic stat up, human characters really do take a lot of damage from thunder spells and actually doesn't take long to deal with them. And I also learned that if the enemy relies only on physical attacks, outside of tanking with defense, the defense stance taught by Jakob actually helps because Pierce or magic allow you to do more damage to the enemy than they would to you.
Seriously though, screw the enemies that self heal. :') They can heal more than these crappy apples.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, here's hoping the balancing remains solid. It's gonna be a long game, and my guess is it'll get easier to allow players who are having trouble to keep up. For me, I'm really invested in the slime and using it as a physical tank. Speaking of which, does Protect always go first like Guard? If so, I might want to put AGI stuff on Aura instead.

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
0.7.1 here with lots of bug squashing.

Well, here's hoping the balancing remains solid. It's gonna be a long game, and my guess is it'll get easier to allow players who are having trouble to keep up. For me, I'm really invested in the slime and using it as a physical tank. Speaking of which, does Protect always go first like Guard? If so, I might want to put AGI stuff on Aura instead.
Protect should always go after Guard and before everything else.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes