JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
See attached.

Also, before you come back with "it doesn't work!!!", save something to the slot and then overwrite it with this.

That is the eventual plan.

As for how it's going to happen, my money is on Alicia brainwashing Aura into trying to reform Richard... with sex!
I hope so. No offence to George but I like the design of Richard slightly more. Besides If Aura retains her intelligence as she falls from grace Richard and her would be an unstoppable power couple. Mind you that would mean Richard would throw Alicia out like a used sock and that Alicia was just a means to an end to get Aura. Ouch now that would sting. All Alicia's work of manipulating Aura, which could backfire drastically on her given the fact that if Aura has no more moral shackles then Aura could go scorch earth on beating Alicia no matter who it may affect and even dethrone her. So it would be all for nothing.

Reactions: brandonboi

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
No seriously, who tf thought that changing the battle interface was a good idea? I hate playing with mouse and I want to play with arrow key, but no, you hate to keep moving between arrow key and the other side of the keyboard to play, or use 2 hands to play (how can I fap with no hands? lol)
Hope they give an option to choose the battle interface, otherwise I would be forced to drop the game, it's unplayable for me.

WORST. BATTLE. INTERFACE. EVERRRRR

Edit: For those that think like me and want to remove that abominion of battle HUD, go in the "js" folder, edit the file "plugins.js", find the line that start with:

"{"name":"TLB_SKABattleHUD","status":true"descri....ecc"

replace that "true" with "false" and should look this way:

"{"name":"TLB_SKABattleHUD","status":false,"descri....ecc"

Save and enjoy the old HUD

Edit2: You need to disable even the line TLB_SKAMapHUD (do the same procedure as before) otherwise the game will break. Still testing, probably something else could break

Edit3: You can actually play with the arrows key with the new interface, the "missing" functions can be opened with pageup and pagedown.... and to discover this I had to look into the script! Lol! Again, shitty interface, better remove it entirely, doesn't add much to the game

Last edited:
Reactions: wankalott

Mickil

Feb 25, 2018
@aura-dev

Here is my feedback so far:

1) The forest bandits' bombs are way too strong. They are not balanced, and they can spam them; all you can do is block and take damages. Also, the bombs are still launched even if the bandit is in the "numb" state, and their bombs can never miss. And the damage they do is huge. Bandits also have a very strong tendency to use them; hell, in my fight against the bandit chief (king of the bandits), he spammed them against me multiple times in a row. So, in short, it is an attack that never missed, that can be used as many times as they want, and that the player either blocks to take some damages or does not block and loses half of their health.

2) Nowhere does the game state where the "emerald leaf" can be found.

3) Most bosses are extremely difficult without using the Star Knightess mode. It is not me who is bad at the game, since even my partners (John, Charlotte) sometimes get killed in the first turn of the boss.

4) How is the player supposed to know that the three other adventurers are with them inside the Northern Mines, for the mission Spider Infestation I? They do not state anything once the player enters the mine with them, and their position and dialogues outside the mine never changes.

4) Since it is very dark in the spider queen's lair of the first mine mission, it is very difficult to see the four pillars which should be lit

5) In Forest south of Jacob's Farm, how are we supposed to steal all the gold of the Young Avian, if said Young Avian is patrolling at random and with so many piles of gold to collect??

6) Speaking of which: the game rewards the player for seaching for information and looking around. However, in most cases, it is useless and will not change the outcome of the battle, such as against : the goblin chamans, the Ogre Commander, against the Bandit Chief (four bombs [in the barnyard, north] and one healing potion [on the drunkard on the left] will not make any difference; if instead the developper had put four electric bombs or AoE bombs, this could have been a nice reward for the player), and the white wolf of the Central Forest of Rune.

7) After Charlotte taught me Fire I, Charlotte's dialogue (the one where she tells you she does not feel confident about teaching you more advanced techniques; she was level 2 back then) popped when I was already in Aura's mind.

8) The weakness and critical hit system seems to be bugged. currently, it works as follow: attack an ennemy with their weakness -> you gain tactical advantage -> your next hit against any ennemy which has this weakness (even ones you never attacked or whose weakness you do not know) will be a crit.

9) Why does the alchemist's shop never replenishes its stocks?

10) You should tell the player whether they can resell the books once they are done reading them

11) Why does the 1000 gold, 8-parts book 'Luck Is Also A Skill' not provide the player with any reward? I am sorry, but troll items are not my cup of tea, especially those which are not obvious like this one.

11) What does the luck stat do?

12) I am not sure if it is ever mentioned that the tablet in the church can be activated to provide a teleporter.

13) I have completely forgotten how Willpower raises and lowers. Having a notice somewhere with all the game mechanics would be useful.

14) it is very difficult in 'Barracks: Jail' to climb up or down the ladder on the left by using only the mouse: the character stop climbing the stairs halfway.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
@aura-dev

1) The forest bandits' bombs are way too strong. They are not balanced, and they can spam them; all you can do is block and take damages. Also, the bombs are still launched even if the bandit is in the "numb" state, and their bombs can never miss. And the damage they do is huge. Bandits also have a very strong tendency to use them; hell, in my fight against the bandit chief (king of the bandits), he spammed them against me multiple times in a row. So, in short, it is an attack that never missed, that can be used as many times as they want, and that the player either blocks to take some damages or does not block and loses half of their health.

3) Most bosses are extremely difficult without using the Star Knightess mode. It is not me who is bad at the game, since even my partners (John, Charlotte) sometimes get killed in the first turn of the boss.

4) How is the player supposed to know that the three other adventurers are with them inside the Northern Mines, for the mission Spider Infestation I? They do not state anything once the player enters the mine with them, and their position and dialogues outside the mine never changes.

4) Since it is very dark in the spider queen's lair of the first mine mission, it is very difficult to see the four pillars which should be lit

5) In Forst south of Jacob's Farm, how are we supposed to steal all the gold of the Young Avian, if said Young Avian is patrolling at random and with so many piles of gold to collect??

6) Speaking of which: the game rewards the player for seaching for information and looking around. However, in most cases, it is useless and will not change the outcome of the battle, such as: against the goblin chamans, against the Ogre Commander, against the Bandit Chief (four bombs [in the barnyard, north] and one healing potion [on the drunkard on the left] will not make any difference; if instead the developper had put four electric bombs or AoE bombs, this could have been a nice reward for the player), the white wolf of the Central Forest of Rune.

7) After Charlotte taught me Fire I, Charlotte's dialogue (the one where she tells you she does not feel confident about teaching you more advanced techniques; she was level 2 back then) popped when I was already in Aura's mind.

8) the weak and critical hit system seems to be bugged. currently, it works as follow: attack an ennemy with their weakness -> you gain tactical advantage -> your next hit against any ennemy which has this weakness (even ones you never attacked or whose weakness you do not know) will be a crit.

10) You should tell the player whether they can resell the books once they are done reading them

11) Why does the 1000 gold, 8-parts book 'Luck Is Also A Skill' not provide the player with any reward? I am sorry, but troll items are not my cup of tea?

12) I am not sure if it is ever mentioned that the tablet in the church can be activated to provide a teleporter.

13) I have completely forgotten how Willpower raises and lowers. Having a notice somewhere with all the game mechanics would be useful.

14) it is very difficult in 'Barracks: Jail' to climb up or down the ladder on the left by using only the mouse: the character stop climbing the stairs halfway.

1. It's Fire damage, so MDEF and fire resistance reduces it. Early on, the Water Skin spell from the Trademond spell trainer works very well.

2. At this point I think the game should have a GPS feature that gives you directions to the nearest Emerald Leaf. Easily the most asked question. Ironically I don't even recommend doing that quest that early because then you miss out on an extra reward from Vice.

3. What difficulty are you playing on?

4. Fair point, and even as someone who's done the early game multiple times it's a 50% chance I'll even be able to light the torches before the spider finds me because of the erratic movement pattern.

5. I've done it before, as above it's a bit skill and a bit of luck, but it's optional and doesn't make the fight necessarily easier.

8. Are you sure about that? Once you have Tactical Advantage, It's supposed to be a guaranteed crit on any enemy you choose (or all of them with Slash), assuming it hits.

9. You're supposed to replenish it by giving him materials, often you get to choose what item to replenish. You also get a small discount the rest of the day.

11. There's a bookshelf in the Trademond Adventurer guild that has such info, although not in detail. Might find some more information on the .

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
@aura-dev

5) In Forest south of Jacob's Farm, how are we supposed to steal all the gold of the Young Avian, if said Young Avian is patrolling at random and with so many piles of gold to collect??

6) Speaking of which: the game rewards the player for seaching for information and looking around. However, in most cases, it is useless and will not change the outcome of the battle, such as against : the goblin chamans, the Ogre Commander, against the Bandit Chief (four bombs [in the barnyard, north] and one healing potion [on the drunkard on the left] will not make any difference; if instead the developper had put four electric bombs or AoE bombs, this could have been a nice reward for the player), and the white wolf of the Central Forest of Rune.

8) The weakness and critical hit system seems to be bugged. currently, it works as follow: attack an ennemy with their weakness -> you gain tactical advantage -> your next hit against any ennemy which has this weakness (even ones you never attacked or whose weakness you do not know) will be a crit.

11) Why does the 1000 gold, 8-parts book 'Luck Is Also A Skill' not provide the player with any reward? I am sorry, but troll items are not my cup of tea, especially those which are not obvious like this one.

1) I typically learn Slash and kill all the bandits before they have a chance to throw bombs. Back attacking helps.

2) It's a material that becomes increasingly common the further you get.

8) That's wrong. If you get Tactical Advantage, your next melee attack/skill will crit, regardless of who you're hitting or what they're weak to.

9) You can replenish the stock by bringing him materials. Look through the options when talking to him.

11) Luck is Also a skill can be given to one of Arwin's maids instead of giving her a valuable material that increases luck.

Mickil

Feb 25, 2018
@aura-dev

15) the fact the Alchemist worshiper can use as many healing potions ad he wants is both unrealistic and an annoying game mechanic

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
2) It's a material that becomes increasingly common the further you get.
They could at least say "you can find it in that area", or best way possible, they have a library in the game, they could at least give the option to read some book and find where is located. Honestly the first time I went to that place hoping I could really read a book about it. Nope, had to look online.

The "don't worry you'll find it later in the game" is wrong. Or you point me where to go in your quest, or give me the ability to discover in some way where to find it. Like it is now is bad game-design

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I get the gold from the avian basically every time. You have to use the fact that you can't be spotted while a dialogue is open and then move quickly to the next pile when the Avian is far away

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
The "don't worry you'll find it later in the game" is wrong. Or you point me where to go in your quest, or give me the ability to discover in some way where to find it. Like it is now is bad game-design
You can easily encounter the first Emerald Leafs before that quest, either in the underground vault or the underground lake in the northern forest. But clearly counting on that happening has been a mistake. Maybe new players don't even realize those green mounds can be harvested.

Azerak

Jun 1, 2017
You can easily encounter the first Emerald Leafs before that quest, either in the underground vault or the underground lake in the northern forest. But clearly counting on that happening has been a mistake. Maybe new players don't even realize those green mounds can be harvested.
Well ye, many would think they are just part of the "background", not something you can actually interact. I see many rpg maker games that solve this problem using the shiny/star animation on stuff you can actually interact.

You can easily encounter the first Emerald Leafs before that quest
Ye, if you actually remember WHERE you find that. Many, like me, grab stuff and doesn't register what you actually found. Again, the "go find me this" without telling me where is bad game-design. Give an area where to look, give me a possibility to ask around where I can find stuff (eg. a book or the ability to ask to the erborist where to find stuff)

brandonboi

Aug 13, 2017
I get the gold from the avian basically every time. You have to use the fact that you can't be spotted while a dialogue is open and then move quickly to the next pile when the Avian is far away
Honestly, I tend to just rush in, grab some, rush out as I can until the last 'pile.'

brandonboi

Aug 13, 2017
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I spend lots of in game days building up Aura's HP especially. Go agree to work the forge the next day, go out and fight some stuff until I die (and get a sense of enemies; the nice thing about the bestiary is that it starts filling in info about enemies after your first encounter, win or lose; even knowing their HP helps me plan a fight and decide on an approach), then when I spawn back in I go make some money and build some HP. Then I go and get materials to upgrade equipment. I know, it sounds tedious, but I enjoy it, and I think my Aura has almost 500 HP right now between all the upgrades, and more than 200 MP. It means I can do the Star Knightess less, especially against weaker bosses. The only drawback so far is that I lost a merchant in Mountainreach...
I know I may be a minority in my approach though. I do love this game and subscribed to the Patreon (though I can't currently trigger the heels upgrade for some reason, tho I have appearance competitiveness. Ah well!)

Reactions: VeryVexxing
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes