Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
So I trashed one of the study books for my first one. I'm thinking this was a mistake? How many books are there to replace trashed ones? I only got fashion book so far. For a smooth progression, should I trash the second study book or switch to the isekai books?

I feel like getting useless knowledge will be bad when I still have a lot of books to read. Also, I think trashing the isekai ones might be needed to decrease Rosa rel enough to proceed?
Nearly every mental change is needed sooner or later (main exception are the machines that let you mess with fetishes and sensitivities). So every one of those books is going to be trashed and replaced. I do the interest books first, but it's no big deal. As a heads-up, the second set of mental rooms has the same thing to a much stronger degree. Read every non-lewd book you can before you start pumping knowledge, because once you're done it becomes almost impossible.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Nearly every mental change is needed sooner or later (main exception are the machines that let you mess with fetishes and sensitivities). So every one of those books is going to be trashed and replaced. I do the interest books first, but it's no big deal. As a heads-up, the second set of mental rooms has the same thing to a much stronger degree. Read every non-lewd book you can before you start pumping knowledge, because once you're done it becomes almost impossible.
Do I need to read Luck is a Skill book? That takes so many days.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
Do I need to read Luck is a Skill book? That takes so many days.
There is a minor sidequest that has alternative text/solution if you've actually read the book.

So it most definitely is *not* worth reading.

However, owning the book is one way you can avoid a corruption scene at Arwin's mansion. When spying at the mansion, you can waltz upstairs and hand the book to the maid that's preventing you passage there. Otherwise you'd have to go through a corruption scene involving taking drugs or hand the maid a valuable luck-enhancing item.

As for your earlier question about mental changes, in the OP there's a link to a maximum lewdness walkthrough, which you don't need to follow, but it does contain a somewhat thought out order for doing the mental changes, which avoids you bottlenecks in real world events that open up further mental changes. IIRC removing one of the books in particular was important to do ASAP, because there was a long delay after removing the book, until the event caused by it's removal fires in the real world.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Any thoughts on what is good to feed to slime? How do I turn him into red slime? Weakness to all magic is a big handicap in some areas.

Old posts seem to say feeding increase MP cost by 1, but I guess they nerfed it to +2 per feeding? So I'm thinking we should feed it expensive materials right?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
How do I turn him into red slime?
Go to the slime summoner in the refugee camp without your slime summoned. Once you get to Nephlune, there's a trainer in the Adventurer Guild who can teach wind and thunder forms. There may also be further training in the academy in Verdeaux, but I don't think it's been implemented yet.

As to what to feed it, on Hard I don't have second thoughts about feeding it any excess materials except the ones I use in crafting (Ether, Pyro, Spores, Emerald Leaf). It's worth the small increase in mana cost.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
One of the best things to feed the slime is the Maleficum, because the Slime does not get the corruption that comes along with using that material.
What about the consideration of giving aura a material enhancement or feeding it to the slime? What's more important?

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
What about the consideration of giving aura a material enhancement or feeding it to the slime? What's more important?
Well, I used to reserve all the best stuff for myself and feed everything else to the Slime, but this was on a save before the 2nd "nerf" increasing the summoning cost by 2 instead of just 1.

If I was to start a fresh playthrough, which I will sooner or later, I'm still gonna keep all the best stuff for Aura, and will have to see how much stuff I actually feed the Slime.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm starting to wonder if going too heavy into slime feeding is worthwhile. I only have the phy and fire slimes, but I'm guessing the other colors work the same way? The fact that it has a weakness to everything except its own element is looking like a handicap in tough fights.

I do think giving Aura the best materials is the correct move since the slime can be rather unreliable depending on the enemies you are fighting.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I do think giving Aura the best materials is the correct move since the slime can be rather unreliable depending on the enemies you are fighting.
On Normal, there's merit to that plan. On Hard, you pay out the ass for enhancements to Aura. My thinking is, if you have to take on a boss that the slime has no counter for (e.g. ones that use Darkness attacks), and that makes the fight very hard/impossible (which is rarely the case) there's always Star Knightess. And those Darkness bosses can be Blessed Bomb+'d to oblivion.

Also, different slime forms each automatically get an additional spell/ability at lvl7, I believe.

Last edited:

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
Also, different slime forms each automatically get an additional spell/ability at lvl7, I believe.
Don't remember the exact level they got those skills at, but the easiest way to do the new underwater stuff is to have the Air form Slime with the bubble ability, certainly.

And that means feeding the smile stuff until it reaches that level.

Trihan

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2023
I'm starting to wonder if going too heavy into slime feeding is worthwhile. I only have the phy and fire slimes, but I'm guessing the other colors work the same way? The fact that it has a weakness to everything except its own element is looking like a handicap in tough fights.

The Slime can become an absolute beast if you feed it enough. Even with the MP cost nerf it's usually worth doing.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
On a lewd run, how important is unlocking "vice" before festival of greed? Looking at some guides, it seems like there is 1 event during the festival where vice leads to some reward. My corruption spending was suboptimal I guess. A lot of Earth days passed without anything happening until I managed to sort things out. My Rosa is at 71 relationship points on day 47, and I'm not sure how long I would have to wait until I can get into the next chamber.

pr5130010

Jul 3, 2022
(I hope dev will see this)
It's really shame that player can't decide how exactly he will corrupt heroine. From point we have now game looks more like VN with combat than RPG. The game itself is pretty good, still there is awkward feeling that everything is already decided by dev, not by player.

Reactions: Wicked Whip

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's really shame that player can't decide how exactly he will corrupt heroine. From point we have now game looks more like VN with combat than RPG. The game itself is pretty good, still there is awkward feeling that everything is already decided by dev, not by player.
The idea is that the corruption is mostly-linear to 1.0, but with the possibility of adding more paths/deviations in later versions.

Trihan

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2023
As Pretentious Goblin said, the goal from now to 1.0 is adding depth; having a game you can play from start to finish with two defined endings (beating the Demon King, and being fully corrupted). Once that is done, we can work on width, giving more options for how paths progress and what options the player has.

I also find this an interesting point: you say it feels like everything is already decided by the dev, but that is the case with more-or-less any game that has a defined story with a concrete ending, and of those there are *many*. Even Telltale games only really have one "end", though the minute details can differ depending on choices made throughout. Games where the player can significantly impact the narrative in meaningful ways beyond a smattering of differing scenes or tweaked dialogue are rarer than you might think.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
I also find this an interesting point: you say it feels like everything is already decided by the dev, but that is the case with more-or-less any game that has a defined story with a concrete ending, and of those there are *many*. Even Telltale games only really have one "end", though the minute details can differ depending on choices made throughout. Games where the player can significantly impact the narrative in meaningful ways beyond a smattering of differing scenes or tweaked dialogue are rarer than you might think.
Kids these days have been ruined by all the Open-World games that always promise "freedom to choose".

Yet they never realize all those games are the same.

"Liberate" a sector/outpost/whatever, find a random collectible, do a main story quest, rinse and repeat.

Trihan

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2023
Kids these days have been ruined by all the Open-World games that always promise "freedom to choose".

Yet they never realize all those games are the same.

"Liberate" a sector/outpost/whatever, find a random collectible, do a main story quest, rinse and repeat.
I would love, at some point, to make a game where you truly have enormous levels of control over the development of the world and the story that happens within it, but I'd need an absolute metric buttload of dev time and money to pull it off.

Trihan

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2023
Cross-posted from our Discord thread:

Alright people, here's your chance to let us know if there have been user interface elements you wish were different somehow!

When it comes to Star Knightess Aura's user interface, is there anything it lacks that you wish were there? Anything we have currently that you think could be better? If you have any suggestions whatsoever, pile them in here! I can't guarantee we'll implement them all, but we'll give serious consideration to any that will be a net positive for the game experience.

In the case of f95zone feedback, I'd appreciate it if anyone with UI suggestions could send them to me in a PM so I can keep them organised more easily.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes