tneer2

Feb 21, 2019
After a year of waiting for new content on this game, I have to say that I'M DISSAPOINTED.

I've gotten close to end-game content and yet I barely saw 8 unique artworks.
For a game that's been in development for over TWO YEARS, this is unacceptable.

I need to remind the dev that this is not a "text-based" game and cannot get away with such lacking art.
This is honestly the game's only lacking element.

Other than that, the game is actually quite decent. But unfortunately, too much time must be spent to even get an H scene. So the time spent on this is not worth it, in my opinion.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
After a year of waiting for new content on this game, I have to say that I'M DISSAPOINTED.

I've gotten close to end-game content and yet I barely saw 8 unique artworks.
For a game that's been in development for over TWO YEARS, this is unacceptable.

I need to remind the dev that this is not a "text-based" game and cannot get away with such lacking art.
This is honestly the game's only lacking element.

Other than that, the game is actually quite decent. But unfortunately, too much time must be spent to even get an H scene. So the time spent on this is not worth it, in my opinion.
There are 34 unique CGs according to the changelog. But yeah, this isn't a game you should play if you consider the gameplay, corruption themes and/or story to be dead weight; the H is too sparse for that. That's like 1 per hour, and that's if you do every H-scene, and it's going to be more weighted towards the latter half of a playthrough.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
There are 34 unique CGs according to the changelog. But yeah, this isn't a game you should play if you consider the gameplay, corruption themes and/or story to be dead weight; the H is too sparse for that. That's like 1 per hour, and that's if you do every H-scene, and it's going to be more weighted towards the latter half of a playthrough.
Theres some possibilities with using a base drawn image and AI filtering it to look like AI art, roundscape tested it out with mixed results biggest problem being they didn't touch up the AI art any manually afterwards. In SKA there's many scenes are not very anatomically informed which could benefit from it and it might speed up the implementation of new cg's.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Theres some possibilities with using a base drawn image and AI filtering it to look like AI art, roundscape tested it out with mixed results biggest problem being they didn't touch up the AI art any manually afterwards. In SKA there's many scenes are not very anatomically informed which could benefit from it and it might speed up the implementation of new cg's.
In this scenario are you suggesting the main game dev spend dev time mess around with AI art, that he pay his commissioned artist to mess around with AI art instead of drawing, or he hire a separate "AI artist" to mess around with AI art? All three options sound like different degrees of poor choices. That's just from a time/money cost perspective. There's also the general anti-AI sentiment and legal issues that I would personally stay away from if at all possible. It might also get the game banned from Steam.
Also, as you mentioned, the anatomy/proportions are all over the place. Excluding a few scenes where I can't "unsee" some of the more extreme proportions I really don't think I would classify it as bad or anything. That said, I don't see generated images being able to match the very stylized visuals of the current art style. Keep in mind that the game's supporters voted to give more money to the same artist rather than getting a second artist. To me that suggests that they were concerned about the art style losing some of its consistency. As such, I doubt they would be too happy if Aura-Dev announced that generated art was being used for "filler scenes" to speed up the development process.

Reactions: Jonathan Y

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
I wish seeing how much base willpower you have was easier
Like your current willpower without the curses and corruption modifiers
Same with other stats
Also would like to be able to see if a stance is on or off in the skills menu.

Nachtmusik

May 1, 2018
I don't know how it'll work for everyone, but I use this to unlock the whole gallery, just go into /data folder in the game then replace it. As long as you unlock the first Date With Herman at the beginning you all of them should be unlock.
If someone can compile it for Android as well that'll be golden. I gave it a try but it keeps giving error "syntax error unexpected token ' . ' "

Last edited:

DownWith

Dec 7, 2022
Something in the guild questline appears to be broken.
I completed the Winged Pig Thief quest. I did the little imp exclamation mark event on the map. I finished the Orc quest.
There are no new quests in the guild.

Perhaps something to do with finishing "getting started" quest late?
I went back and finished it before the 3rd quest and the event.

Still no 4th quest.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Something in the guild questline appears to be broken.
I completed the Winged Pig Thief quest. I did the little imp exclamation mark event on the map. I finished the Orc quest.
There are no new quests in the guild.

Perhaps something to do with finishing "getting started" quest late?
I went back and finished it before the 3rd quest and the event.

Still no 4th quest.
After killing the imp you should get access to the merchant's guild, which should continue the main story. You might need to pass a day after killing it before you gain access. I don't think so, but I don't have time to check at the moment. There are also a number of other little things that you could have missed. It's hard to say only knowing that you have finished the imp event.

DownWith

Dec 7, 2022
After killing the imp you should get access to the merchant's guild, which should continue the main story. You might need to pass a day after killing it before you gain access. I don't think so, but I don't have time to check at the moment. There are also a number of other little things that you could have missed. It's hard to say only knowing that you have finished the imp event.
A day passed and much more. But no 4th quest at the guild :(

Or is it that if you fail to do the Pig quest before the imp event the progression breaks?

DownWith

Dec 7, 2022
No, it shouldn't. Best thing is to attach your save.

Save 101 - is a later where I realised the problem.
Also in this save I had Charlotte randomly gain a level. Even though I haven't done anything with her since the Pig quest.

Save 107 - is where I tried to go back and complete "getting started" quest first, but it didn't work

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Save 101 - is a later where I realised the problem.
Also in this save I had Charlotte randomly gain a level. Even though I haven't done anything with her since the Pig quest.

Save 107 - is where I tried to go back and complete "getting started" quest first, but it didn't work
Do you see "Forest of Danger" in the quest log? You're supposed to go talk to Julian in the Trademond barracks.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Star Knightess Aura v0.34.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
minimum system requirements: Android 8.0

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Doomeye

May 7, 2018
I don't know how it'll work for everyone, but I use this to unlock the whole gallery, just go into /data folder in the game then replace it. As long as you unlock the first Date With Herman at the beginning you all of them should be unlock.
If someone can compile it for Android as well that'll be golden. I gave it a try but it keeps giving error "syntax error unexpected token ' . ' "
wait, but does that account for the recolletion room where he stores all the story scenes? Because that's where the things in this update are I think.

Andhakara

Jan 13, 2020
Can you make one for earth recollection room ?

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
wait, but does that account for the recolletion room where he stores all the story scenes? Because that's where the things in this update are I think.
I didn't actually check the file, so this is entirely based on my understanding of how RPG maker works and programming in general, but it looks like the file just replaced the map (I assume the Roya replay room map) with a version of the map that has the scenes unlocked. If I am correct then it won't work for any other rooms, but it will let you see the new soap job CGs in a replay as long as there haven't been any "under the hood" changes that break it. As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't replace a file from a new version of the game with a file from an older version of the game unless you know it's compatible, you will break things more often than not. The only reason it (might) sort of work this time is because there aren't new Roya scenes.

Reactions: Doomeye
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes