aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
For some reason the game doesn't recognize my saves.
I always save the last version so I simply move the save folder, but now they won't show. The "continue" button is greyed out.
I think the global file isn't cooperating or something. I did manage to load one of the files by tricking it into thinking it was a new one, but it disppeared again.
If it's repeatedly disappearing would you mind sharing your save folder?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
If it's repeatedly disappearing would you mind sharing your save folder?
I can share the folder as was before this version.
The old folder still exists.

For me personally, I fixed it by doing the following:
-Saving on 'File 9'(most recent) in the new version with no save folder present.
-Overwriting 'file9.rmmzsave' with my save.
-Loading File 9
-Saved in File 1

The first time I did it, it did not work. The files just disappeared. What I did different this time was delete the old global and config file. This reinforces my suspicion that something is wrong in the config or global file.

Another matter is. Where is the bandit camp? I think finding that tunnel is close to the last thing I need to do.

EDIT: These are the things I'm unsure whether I've seen:
Added quest stub "Locate the Abductees" (Not sure if related to using tunnel)
Added tunnel dungeon connecting bandit camp and Trademond (where?)
Improved mapping of Atac (dunno where that is)

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I can share the folder as was before this version.
The old folder still exists.

For me personally, I fixed it by doing the following:
-Saving on 'File 9'(most recent) in the new version with no save folder present.
-Overwriting 'file9.rmmzsave' with my save.
-Loading File 9
-Saved in File 1

The first time I did it, it did not work. The files just disappeared. What I did different this time was delete the old global and config file. This reinforces my suspicion that something is wrong in the config or global file.

Another matter is. Where is the bandit camp? I think finding that tunnel is close to the last thing I need to do.

EDIT: These are the things I'm unsure whether I've seen:
Added quest stub "Locate the Abductees" (Not sure if related to using tunnel)
Added tunnel dungeon connecting bandit camp and Trademond (where?)
Improved mapping of Atac (dunno where that is)
Hmm this seems to be the bug I fixed. When the migrator tries to update saves with empty slots inbetween it goes haywire.
I rebuilt 0.8.0 quickly after its initial release and with the "newest" 0.8.0 it should be fine.

To your edit: Yes, the "Locate the abductees" quest stub refers to the unfinished quest that sends you into the tunnel connecting the Bandit Camp in the Forest of Runes with Trademond. Try going left in the Bandit Leader house. I have made the entrance clearer in for the upcoming 0.8.1. Atac is the village you saw in the intro of the game.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Some of the doors being open in town and some not but not being able to go into either is driving me crazy ;v;

EDIT: As I wrote this, I found a glitch I feel like I should have caught sooner. If you haven't finished the pig farm quest and cancel again, it shows up again despite already accepting it the first time.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hmm this seems to be the bug I fixed. When the migrator tries to update saves with empty slots inbetween it goes haywire.
I rebuilt 0.8.0 quickly after its initial release and with the "newest" 0.8.0 it should be fine.

To your edit: Yes, the "Locate the abductees" quest stub refers to the unfinished quest that sends you into the tunnel connecting the Bandit Camp in the Forest of Runes with Trademond. Try going left in the Bandit Leader house. I have made the entrance clearer in for the upcoming 0.8.1. Atac is the village you saw in the intro of the game.
EDIT: I was tired when reading your reply so missed the part where you said it was in FoR.

Does it being unfinished mean that we don't have access to the bandit camp yet?

EDIT2: Got it.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Can I ask how you guys are playing this game? In terms of playstyle I mean.

I like the corruption genre generally, but I kind of feel bad corrupting this person who is so heroic and has lovely friends who she both loves and love her. So, my instinct would be to fight it as best as I can, but then you also play as this villain whose goal it is to corrupt her, which is obviously a completely different headspace. Am I supposed to fight the corruption as the hero, but cause it as the villain?

I really like the game mechanics of this game, but I'm really struggling immersing myself into it because of the disparate goals. In some of the comments I've read it seems like the game might get harder as you progress, with this in mind, would playing the villain as a sort of idiot, and the hero as a hero work?
Personally, I like uncorrupted Aura more than Alicia but at the same time I'm into corruption and mind-control, and I do want to see lewd content, so my approach is such:

- Corruption sinks go first: opening every room, moving the character disposition levers, increasing brain tank capacity, configuring happiness sources/drains.
- No intentional sabotage. I do try to win fights without using the Knightess powers, but sometimes on hard bosses I can't bothered to beat normally, I do use them. No point ever using it for obstacles, Aura wouldn't go for that. Also, no savescumming except for first-time boss fights.
- I'm not sure about blessed water. From an RP perspective, Aura wants these to mitigate the effects of the curse, but it's not like there seem to be any effects before Soul Break, and nor does she know about Alicia's meddling. I any case, I buy some in case I want them later, but I don't use them, since I don't get anywhere near Soul Break.
- I do lewd scenes I personally want to see, generally ones that don't get too physical and the ones that increase stats for lewd content I'd want to see later, like Exhibitionism and Masturbation. And I make sure to get the pink version of those scenes.

On my last playthrough, I pretty much managed to avoid corruption beyond the corruption sinks. But I look forward to getting to a point in later updates where every time I use the Knightess powers or a few days pass, Alicia is going to get to make a move.

That said, I suspect for good players, the game will get easier, not harder, as they keep growing their pile of money and consumables. Depends on how hardcore aura-dev wants to make it. I'd prefer it to be increasingly more difficult to account for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: lutra_lovegood

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
The game is good (I really enjoyed it) and the idea to play both the hero than the antagonist is very funny.
I would ask to aura-dev if is he thinking to add a cuckquean route in the Aura's corruption path?
I have also a strange issue, that seems nobody had: I can't enter in the Boar Hunt pub (I am not sure if the name is right), because there is a missing file.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT: I have downloaded again the game and in the new download I have found out the missing file.

Last edited:

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Another glitch I found. Thank god I saved the game.

After beating the cheating demon, I talked to the guard from the left side and the game froze entirely for the dialogue and me but the NPCs kept moving in the background and it kept playing as if the brawler and the guard were still dueling in the spot they were in originally.

Vreejack

Oct 7, 2018
maybe bug. I removed interest in two books, specifically the computer one and one of the trash adventure books, but the "removed interest" variable is only set to 1, so I cannot add the happiness sink.
Edit: I got it. There are three categories of books: interests, reading and studying.

Pakhawaj

Aug 23, 2017
Personally, I like uncorrupted Aura more than Alicia but at the same time I'm into corruption and mind-control, and I do want to see lewd content, so my approach is such:

- Corruption sinks go first: opening every room, moving the character disposition levers, increasing brain tank capacity, configuring happiness sources/drains.
- No intentional sabotage. I do try to win fights without using the Knightess powers, but sometimes on hard bosses I can't bothered to beat normally, I do use them. No point ever using it for obstacles, Aura wouldn't go for that. Also, no savescumming except for first-time boss fights.
- I'm not sure about blessed water. From an RP perspective, Aura wants these to mitigate the effects of the curse, but it's not like there seem to be any effects before Soul Break, and nor does she know about Alicia's meddling. I any case, I buy some in case I want them later, but I don't use them, since I don't get anywhere near Soul Break.
- I do lewd scenes I personally want to see, generally ones that don't get too physical and the ones that increase stats for lewd content I'd want to see later, like Exhibitionism and Masturbation. And I make sure to get the pink version of those scenes.

On my last playthrough, I pretty much managed to avoid corruption beyond the corruption sinks. But I look forward to getting to a point in later updates where every time I use the Knightess powers or a few days pass, Alicia is going to get to make a move.

That said, I suspect for good players, the game will get easier, not harder, as they keep growing their pile of money and consumables. Depends on how hardcore aura-dev wants to make it. I'd prefer it to be increasingly more difficult to account for that.
This is very interesting, thank you! I appreciate you telling me how you approach playing this game. I hadn't played that far into the game when I stopped playing because I found dealing with the disparity too difficult (I only beat the first dungeon with the trio of adventurers), so I actually wasn't aware of some of the things that you're mentioning.

I think your approach is very good, especially going slowly with the Alicia in the subconscious- I can justify that as her preparing for her master breakthrough or something... Though I think I would leave the disposition metres for last since to ruin her friendships seems the most cruel to me! I didn't know about "pink" versions of events, I guess there are timed events where you need to meet a certain corruption threshold to get the naughter scene? I think if the creator of the game also made the game more difficult like you suggested, it would make the game easier to play from my perspective, because while I want to see the lewd content, I feel bad acting against her, and I can't really justify her acting against herself (I mean transforming to move a boulder when she can buy a bomb at the shop is just silly!)

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Zakmastermojo

Nov 12, 2017
So i have a slight issue fellas, every time i start the game it seems to not be able to read my saves? The continue button is greyed out. But looking my saves are in the save folder... not sure whats happening. I tried the fix about replacing the save file and that doesnt work. Really bummed because i was enjoying this game a lot but I cannot keep playing if i lose my progress every day.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think your approach is very good, especially going slowly with the Alicia in the subconscious- I can justify that as her preparing for her master breakthrough or something... Though I think I would leave the disposition metres for last since to ruin her friendships seems the most cruel to me!
The levers by themselves don't trigger any scenes afaik. But they are needed for things like getting Aura's phone number, which is something you do separately in the area below the levers.

I didn't know about "pink" versions of events, I guess there are timed events where you need to meet a certain corruption threshold to get the naughter scene?
You get the pink version by tanking Aura's willpower one way or another before the scene begins. Right now, either by letting hydrangeas use their pollen ability, or by drinking vitality potions or Sweet Memories. Pink scenes cause extra corruption/lewdity gains and some of the dialogue is different.

At first, I didn't like that the lewd scenes were almost all "do something sexy for me and I'll pay you" but now I see the reason in it - Aura could use the money for altruistic reasons and Alicia can enjoy watching Aura degrade herself to help random strangers, which also helps with Aura's corruption. So it's not like those games where you have to fail/sabotage the MC to see the lewd content, the money and items you get help with the actual gameplay, and you can see why Aura would take those offers. And those potions increase and restore her HP, so you can see why she'd want to drink them.

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
So i have a slight issue fellas, every time i start the game it seems to not be able to read my saves? The continue button is greyed out. But looking my saves are in the save folder... not sure whats happening. I tried the fix about replacing the save file and that doesnt work. Really bummed because i was enjoying this game a lot but I cannot keep playing if i lose my progress every day.
I was playing for some time (few days ago) then try to copy paste full gallery saves (while i move my saves out of the way) it did not work then i returned my saves and they did not work also...after that i try starting new game saved and now when i see you post i try and everything worked fine... so i think as long as you don't touch the save folder in any way everything is fine (also i think that moving the main folder and or renaming it can cause this to happen too)

P.S. on the side note when they add CG to the game (for H events) and if they are as good as existing CG this game will be very good :)

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Hi this seems to be the bug I fixed on sat directly after release. I rechecked the links and it seems I forgot to update some with the rebuilt 0.8.0. If you redownload or replace aura_migrator.js in js/plugins with the attached .js file your save files should stop disappearing. You need to to the restoring trick one last time but then you should be fine.

Sorry for the trouble!

Zakmastermojo

Nov 12, 2017
Hi this seems to be the bug I fixed on sat directly after release. I rechecked the links and it seems I forgot to update some with the rebuilt 0.8.0. If you redownload or replace aura_migrator.js in js/plugins with the attached .js file your save files should stop disappearing. You need to to the restoring trick one last time but then you should be fine.

Sorry for the trouble!
Thank you so much! Love this game btw. Cannot wait to really dig in and start messing with Aura's mind. Great job and good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, is there some sort of list that has the lewd scenes and what ones have pink variants?

Zakmastermojo

Nov 12, 2017
The levers by themselves don't trigger any scenes afaik. But they are needed for things like getting Aura's phone number, which is something you do separately in the area below the levers.

You get the pink version by tanking Aura's willpower one way or another before the scene begins. Right now, either by letting hydrangeas use their pollen ability, or by drinking vitality potions or Sweet Memories. Pink scenes cause extra corruption/lewdity gains and some of the dialogue is different.

At first, I didn't like that the lewd scenes were almost all "do something sexy for me and I'll pay you" but now I see the reason in it - Aura could use the money for altruistic reasons and Alicia can enjoy watching Aura degrade herself to help random strangers, which also helps with Aura's corruption. So it's not like those games where you have to fail/sabotage the MC to see the lewd content, the money and items you get help with the actual gameplay, and you can see why Aura would take those offers. And those potions increase and restore her HP, so you can see why she'd want to drink them.
Don't think I've come across vitality potions or sweet memories. How do I get them?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
If you don't mind me asking, is there some sort of list that has the lewd scenes and what ones have pink variants?
They all have a pink version. If you get to the end of the current content, there is a gallery room. The only missable ones afaik are the jailer groping scene (requires not spending the evening with Charlotte after the first quest in the mine, and then going to the jail to bail her out) and the John Kissing scene (must have done the John groping scene first afaik, and let the hydrangeas use their pollen ability during that fight). And for the Liliana one, obviously choose to take a peek when you get the option.

Vitality potions you can buy from the alchemist, and if you want him to restock you have to give him Mutated Spores from hydrangeas. Sweet Memories you can find in Arwin's study, and there might be another location, not sure.

Limz

Jun 27, 2021
Hello, im bit confuse at lewd scene that ( ass groping by jailer)
do i need to continue to next day and then go to adventure guild or at the same day i clear the quest ?
english are not my main language. so i need some help here

3.90 star(s) 175 Votes