f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
In the quest 'Sick Workers,' I am on the 2nd task of 'Ask John what he found out about the sickness.' When I speak to John there is no option for a quest dialogue. Either it's bugged or did I miss something?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
So there's a global time limit like in Fallout? I'd rather just cheat and set corruption points to 0 from time to time, cause global time limits suck ass.
There's a sort of soft-cap induced by the fact that you need to spend corruption at some point.
You can set the game to Story-Mode to avoid this.
Though it's probably quicker if you check the game out yourself rather just read explanations about it.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
So there's a global time limit like in Fallout? I'd rather just cheat and set corruption points to 0 from time to time, cause global time limits suck ass.
I guess there's a soft limit, in that every 2 days corruption passively increases by 1, which forces you to either use Blessed Water or do mental changes, and once you run out of those and exceed a corruption threshold, then it's Game Over. It's not a big deal though. If it takes a player 60 days to get to the Festival, those 30 points can be spent on the character disposition levers alone.

BlindBigot

Sep 24, 2021
I guess there's a soft limit, in that every 2 days corruption passively increases by 1, which forces you to either use Blessed Water or do mental changes, and once you run out of those and exceed a corruption threshold, then it's Game Over. It's not a big deal though. If it takes a player 60 days to get to the Festival, those 30 points can be spent on the character disposition levers alone.
Do days pass in real time?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Do days pass in real time?
It's abstract time. Certain actions, most ones that upgrade Aura's stats or skillset, end the day.
Also you can only heal with items during the day, so eventually you will run out of HP/MP and want to end the day or get KOed which also ends the day.

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
that usually when there is an update a notification appears but this time it didn't appear...very cool it comes that the game is still active I don't remember What version of the game did I stop but there was still no sex scene in the version I played

PartlyCloudy

May 9, 2021
The perika change from 20k to 10k is a welcome one, that will indeed make it easier in the battle... i'm considering replaying this, i love the slow corrupting in this game and can't wait for it to be finished.

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
In the quest 'Sick Workers,' I am on the 2nd task of 'Ask John what he found out about the sickness.' When I speak to John there is no option for a quest dialogue. Either it's bugged or did I miss something?
To quote the strategy guide:
“Next you need to talk with John. Note you must talk with him in Riverflow, not the Adventurers Guild.”

Reactions: f95poke

damnmang

Oct 30, 2017
I really enjoy the game, but I think what was at first incredibly subtle corruption now strains my suspension of disbelief. Aura is just too smart in my mind to not realize the changes in her are just too drastic and negative while she's every night fighting against demons of corruption. And it's obvious person who is encouraging her corruption is Alicia and the one who is trying to keep her virtuous is Rose. So it's just no longer believable to me.

What helps me in my head cannon is if Aura in real life, just like Rose and George, isn't aware of the fantasy world she visits every night. If she wasn't consciously aware of her nightly efforts to fight corruption and curses then her believing the changes in her are just her 'growing up' would be completely plausible.

In my head cannon, fantasy Aura is also not aware of what's happening to Aura in real life. Of course fantasy Aura knows who she is, but just like real Aura just thinks she's having vivid dreams of a fantasy world, Fantasy Aura also just gets glimpses of how she's changing into a selfish and shallow person in real life. That would also explain fantasy Aura not realizing that her taking off the collar or doing other corrupt acts is allowing Alicia to corrupt her in the Mind Palace.

It also explains how Aura hasn't gone nuts from sleep deprivation, each side of her is getting some shut eye while the other is conscious.

SirLoser

Jul 16, 2019
I really enjoy the game, but I think what was at first incredibly subtle corruption now strains my suspension of disbelief. Aura is just too smart in my mind to not realize the changes in her are just too drastic and negative while she's every night fighting against demons of corruption. And it's obvious person who is encouraging her corruption is Alicia and the one who is trying to keep her virtuous is Rose. So it's just no longer believable to me.

What helps me in my head cannon is if Aura in real life, just like Rose and George, isn't aware of the fantasy world she visits every night. If she wasn't consciously aware of her nightly efforts to fight corruption and curses then her believing the changes in her are just her 'growing up' would be completely plausible.

In my head cannon, fantasy Aura is also not aware of what's happening to Aura in real life. Of course fantasy Aura knows who she is, but just like real Aura just thinks she's having vivid dreams of a fantasy world, Fantasy Aura also just gets glimpses of how she's changing into a selfish and shallow person in real life. That would also explain fantasy Aura not realizing that her taking off the collar or doing other corrupt acts is allowing Alicia to corrupt her in the Mind Palace.

It also explains how Aura hasn't gone nuts from sleep deprivation, each side of her is getting some shut eye while the other is conscious.
Your head-canon stuff makes no sense, the Aura in both locations is the same person, so how could she not be aware of herself? Dude breath, and frankly Aura in this game is incredibly dumb, not to differ too much, but Aura is stupid and makes the dumbest mistakes at every turn, despite on some level knowing better.
Just saying you're getting too invested into her character, maybe this game isn't for you given how attached and obsessed you sound here.

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes