Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
i dont think paywalling content has been very successful for devs here in the past, and if all futa stuff is locked away now thats like 90% of the content gone right? thats really extreme
My throughts exactly

Dec 23, 2017
Ooh, risky move, might get a few people pledge but on the other hand it may tank the game. Time will tell.
I never supported any creators so i can't say much, but this is a straight up shot on his feet, if u wanna attract more ppl to your patreon, make the public version 1 update behind the one thats on patreon, thats not a problem and everyone here would understand, but paywalling content like that will do more harm than good

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
The way you went about this 0.7 update is classic EA bro, I understand u locking Futa content behind a paywall it is your game after all even though it will most likely turn a lot of people away from your game, but locking content that was already there? that's a cheap shot bro. was this because of all the hate from earlier ? i know the Futa tag has a lot of controversy on the site but you decided to go 'down that path' when u first made the game!

berndly

Jul 2, 2020
That's how you show Magic Dude that you're just a little blackmailer. And I won't let anyone blackmail me. You belong normally from the side association forever.

Reactions: biboumi and TonyMo

ionpop

Aug 5, 2019
The vast majority of games here are products of love and survive on the goodwill of people rather than an economic rationale. The only games which can be reasonably considered to be financially sustainable are far more ambitious and advanced (gameplay or story wise) than this one, and even then they took a significant time to get there. My suggestion is to look at the other significant game developers around here and try to adapt some of their monetisation strategies before you damage your "brand" even further. But hey, you do you.

iJoker527

Sep 9, 2017
Boooooo, Dev, you literally killed your game and now your reputation has dropped down and fans.. No futa.. wow thats nice you killed ur game.. bye have fun.. Better "Star Peripheri" and "A Failure to Launch".. Good Luck, Devs!

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Well, blocking off about 50% or more of your game from non-patreon's is the worst idea to have. As manny have said making it so the public version is 1 or 2 versions behind would be more reasonable. The only thing this achieves is people dropping the game and moving on to others.

Hopefully the dev reconsiders this move.

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes