ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i kept overlooking this because it reminded me too much of two sci-fi adult games that sorely diappointed me..but i got bored and finally tried it..glad i did..this game is a gem..the story is huge..theres alot to do..the characters are cool...its a wild ride that i'll follow happily

Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
There is no code to unlock scenes, just gotta play it (or I guess download a save but what's the fun in that)?

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
highly recommend players play each skill(so three games) and possibly 3 more games trying to properly woo or devote to all the dames(or dudes(or both))
what am trying to say is the author has written in alot of differences to make replay awesome

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Well I have to say I'm enjoying this game. Kani is my bae. I will take all the lithesome catgirls I can get. My biggest problem with this game is I can't keep up with all the characters. Having been sometime between my play of chapter 5 and now chapter 6, I look at the options for taking crew on away mission or spending time with someone and i'm just guessing cause for the most part I don't remember who is who. A clickable tab that shows crew name with a pic would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect one but if it's possible *wink wink* I would say thank you. anyway keep up the good work.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Well I have to say I'm enjoying this game. Kani is my bae. I will take all the lithesome catgirls I can get. My biggest problem with this game is I can't keep up with all the characters. Having been sometime between my play of chapter 5 and now chapter 6, I look at the options for taking crew on away mission or spending time with someone and i'm just guessing cause for the most part I don't remember who is who. A clickable tab that shows crew name with a pic would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect one but if it's possible *wink wink* I would say thank you. anyway keep up the good work.
So the best way right now I can think of to kinda jog people's memory is I can enter a small image (one line of text tall) that would be like a chibi or just the face of said character in the choice button. I do know there's a lot of characters so sometimes it gets a bit much for some.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Okay, what the heck is up with this ze and zir stuff when referring to some of the characters? (Karm Uran, Tarik Rin so far)

Have I stumbled into some weird pro-trans game, or is this some sort of typo/translation error?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Okay, what the heck is up with this ze and zir stuff when referring to some of the characters? (Karm Uran, Tarik Rin so far)

Have I stumbled into some weird pro-trans game, or is this some sort of typo/translation error?
They are gender neutral pronouns. I believe there is some sort of movement to get these words to replace He and Her. And since this story takes place in the future the developer probably thought they would be appropriate. You are not the only one who finds it annoying.

Reactions: dstarfire

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018

Not a typo and while I am pro-trans it's not a thing in the game at all (This is far enough in the future it's pretty much accepted, though I have no character that is trans). Ze and Zir is used in this case to refer to characters whose species has no equivalent to a binary gender, the Jurion (Rin) and the Narkin (Bojin) are both mono-gendered. The Jurion all have both male and female reproductive organs, and the Narkin are a clonal species that have no gender at all and are asexual. It's been almost 150 years since contact with the Jurion and the Narkin, I figured still using gendered pronouns would be a pretty big insult to a race that has no binary gender.

It should be noted that ze and zir are not used for the Aquan race, even though they are mono-gendered they are all female by typical binary gender standards.

Reactions: Vainglorious

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Not a typo and while I am pro-trans it's not a thing in the game at all (This is far enough in the future it's pretty much accepted, though I have no character that is trans). Ze and Zir is used in this case to refer to characters whose species has no equivalent to a binary gender, the Jurion (Rin) and the Narkin (Bojin) are bono mono-gendered. The Jurion all have both male and female reproductive organs, and the Narkin are a clonal species that have no gender at all and are asexual. It's been almost 150 years since contact with the Jurion and the Narkin, I figured still using gendered pronouns would be a pretty big insult to a race that has no binary gender.

It should be noted that ze and zir are not used for the Aquan race, even though they are mono-gendered they are all female by typical binary gender standards.
Okay, that makes sense. Rather a relief, since it sounded like I'd stumbled into something with politically correct futa elements.

In later updates, you may want to switch to "it" and variants for the non-gendered characters as many more people will be familiar with that usage, especially in a sci-fi setting. It may seem slightly demeaning at first, but that'll fade as players continue to see those characters as equal, sentient beings.

Alternatively, you could refer to them japanese style with family name + honorific. AFAIK japanese honorifics are gender-neutral. Since it's a future, you could say only -san has survived (the rest fell out of use when acknowledgement of rank or superiority became unfashionable).

Thankfully, since this is a renpy-based game, I can edit my install without too much work. Gonna have to be "it", and "it's", though. Way too much work to look up whom each instance of ze/zir is referring to.

• Haha
Reactions: Bababoooey

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I will not be changing the pronouns now, it's been ze/zir for 6 episodes, changing them now (especially to 'it') would be very insulting to our trans players. Also, the change in pronouns would have to be explained in the plot and that's just a headache I don't want to deal with.

The pronouns for the Jurion and the Narkin will continue to be ze/zir, if you want to change it that's on you, but I can't endorse any altering of the game code.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So it's still in early access? Because i downloaded from the link in your post the one that says officially released and it ends at the same spot as the early access, It ends on the little ship as you are heading off.

I also agree about the characters names, maybe add images with the characters names next to it or something to help people keep track of all the characters.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
So it's still in early access? Because i downloaded from the link in your post the one that says officially released and it ends at the same spot as the early access, It ends on the little ship as you are heading off.

I also agree about the characters names, maybe add images with the characters names next to it or something to help people keep track of all the characters.
Early Access in this case is not like Steam Early Access, when the final release is different, it's a bonus for Patreon backers to get the game early. The fact you, and others, played it early without being Patrons just means you all, well, ya kinda stole it. I can't do anything about that, and I do still want to make sure that everyone is enjoying the game, regardless of method of acquisition.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes