Paradox101

May 12, 2018
Hey doc. Love the world and characters you've created here. Been a Patreon for a while now. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the new episode.

It's for sure not my favorite because it just left me frustrated. I'd say it should be called "The Shortest Hours". Way to few blocks made available before it's forced to end. I love that you add options to choose your squad, and branching paths, adding choice to the game is great but I feel this one is too restrictive. I find myself wanted to spend time with all or at least multiple of the characters and seeing them develop and learning more about them from episode to episode. You have a lot of content in the episode that's just locked away. Maybe 2 or 3 more blocks made available would be nice.

Right now it's unnecessarily complicated. For example, for me, if I visit Nikka, then Sam, I am stuck and cannot visit Rin, Ashe OR Rachel, because they are not there, "must be busy or sleeping".

I hope not spending time with a character will not lock off their development in future episodes, like Nikka for example. Will her story continue as if you had visited her even though you didn't?

What you have in this episode is similar to what you did in episode 3: Korina outpost, where you have a bunch of characters you can visit but are only allowed time to visit 3. It felt fine in that episode though because most of the visits you could tell had no bearing on the relationship with that character or their own storyline, so you could just visit, talk to them, learn more about them and then rollback and move forward as if you had visited them all.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to get at here and I look forward to episode 7!

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hey doc. Love the world and characters you've created here. Been a Patreon for a while now. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the new episode.

It's for sure not my favorite because it just left me frustrated. I'd say it should be called "The Shortest Hours". Way to few blocks made available before it's forced to end. I love that you add options to choose your squad, and branching paths, adding choice to the game is great but I feel this one is too restrictive. I find myself wanted to spend time with all or at least multiple of the characters and seeing them develop and learning more about them from episode to episode. You have a lot of content in the episode that's just locked away. Maybe 2 or 3 more blocks made available would be nice.

Right now it's unnecessarily complicated. For example, for me, if I visit Nikka, then Sam, I am stuck and cannot visit Rin, Ashe OR Rachel, because they are not there, "must be busy or sleeping".

I hope not spending time with a character will not lock off their development in future episodes, like Nikka for example. Will her story continue as if you had visited her even though you didn't?

What you have in this episode is similar to what you did in episode 3: Korina outpost, where you have a bunch of characters you can visit but are only allowed time to visit 3. It felt fine in that episode though because most of the visits you could tell had no bearing on the relationship with that character or their own storyline, so you could just visit, talk to them, learn more about them and then rollback and move forward as if you had visited them all.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to get at here and I look forward to episode 7!
I will definitely keep this in mind going forward and thank you for the feedback. Sometimes it's a weird balance though, just another reason I'm trying to bring someone else on to help with writing/programming, it'll allow us to just do more stuff with branches and options in the future so things don't always feel limited even if there's a lot of content.

As for if things happen if you aren't there, that really depends on what makes sense so I can't comment on that too much because what makes sense also depends on how much time passes, how other characters might work into stories off camera, etc etc. we try to make people seem like they have a life outside the Commander, even if the Commander is a major catalyst.

I really liked this game, I will try different paths later
Enjoy, there's quite a few paths through.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Early Access in this case is not like Steam Early Access, when the final release is different, it's a bonus for Patreon backers to get the game early. The fact you, and others, played it early without being Patrons just means you all, well, ya kinda stole it. I can't do anything about that, and I do still want to make sure that everyone is enjoying the game, regardless of method of acquisition.
I give you props for several things: 1) making this awesome game, 2) listening to people about the game and considering but not taking everything said and putting it in. and 3) not being extremely mad that some of us aren't your patreons and still wanting us to enjoy the game :). I support a couple people via patreon, but do not have a great deal of money to throw around like this but I would support you if i did have more to give :)

So THANK YOU for your hard work and imagination. you have done a great job (I am actually fairly new to your game so i'm not sure if you have a team or not but if so they are doing great as well). Please do not take the idiots words (people that get the game for free and then complain it's not what they want and it should be XYZ instead of ABC) to heart because this is your baby, and you do YOU!

Reactions: Paradox101

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Love this game. But it really needs some sort of reference function, like a character gallery with short bios, plus a database about the various races, factions, locations, etc.

You know, like the Codex in Mass Effect.

It just impossible to keep track of it all otherwise.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Love this game. But it really needs some sort of reference function, like a character gallery with short bios, plus a database about the various races, factions, locations, etc.

You know, like the Codex in Mass Effect.

It just impossible to keep track of it all otherwise.
Working on the wiki, albeit slowly, and we'll try something like a codex eventually.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Finished Episode 6 after not playing the game for what feels like good 2 years, first time played the game what feels like also another 2 years, allot of issues that the game had back then still remain, stuff just seems to happen to the main character, you don't feel apart of it, characters seem lacking depth and more akin to wikipedia entries. One of my biggest issue I had with the game was that you can't talk to the crew, just go with the flow, for example my favorite thing to do in something like Mass Effect is to instantly go talk with every single member of the crew after a mission, get their thoughts and opinions, it makes you feel apart of the crew and the environment you're in super alive and connected. Instead here sadly you can only chat with few member's before some shit always goes down, makes character which you haven't spend time talking to feel out of place. Some events are very confusing, such as the whole mole situation, which made me say what the fuck is going on so many times I lost count, so I replayed the game while taking notes of all characters and names thinking maybe the writer intended for me to assume something instead of explaining it, but the entire boiling point and climax came down to for what ever the fuck reason the assistant slipping up and the jig was up, the MC knew this, his comrade knew this, I din't, you are given information but is very luke warm lets just move on type. A lot of plot tends to be at a standstill, get lots of character dialogue exposition and then some sort of time skip, I can only assume this is due to the whole having to have assets and what not for the game. What continues to make the plot confusing is the update system, which makes sense when you think about it, its episodic so ofcourse there's some disjoint and time skip in between the narrative but for a game such as this where it very easy to be invested it feels very jarring. You start the episode, you crashed, you have visions, wait you are actually chosen for tournament, wait you had training also, wait you also met this titan like deity,also sex or dinner, wait you know have bad lady in your brain, now you are back on ship, but you select a new champion, you also go on a mission, btw talk to 2 people, okay episode ends.
Also assmad about the female protagonist looking really off, especially compared to previous gen model or after when I saw the poster of previous commander in Ashes room.

Al thought all that being said, I genuinely enjoyed the game, loved the world building and most of the characters, Nikka and Sammantha mainly. Looking forward to see how the whole faction system you choose is implemented and more dialogue and development with Vilar in your head.

Reactions: Orlox

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
does chapter 6 just end with them getting into the shuttle and flying off on a mission...... the scene is...I tell them to knock it off..... they get on the shuttle.... a couple text clicks later the game just completely exits and im back on my desktop...... happened several times the same way..... is that a bug or is that the end of the chapter???

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
does chapter 6 just end with them getting into the shuttle and flying off on a mission...... the scene is...I tell them to knock it off..... they get on the shuttle.... a couple text clicks later the game just completely exits and im back on my desktop...... happened several times the same way..... is that a bug or is that the end of the chapter???
Yup, ends there. Would be nice for an end of chapter, save here message especially if you haven't been saving.

Reactions: TMoney2017

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Yup, ends there. Would be nice for an end of chapter, save here message especially if you haven't been saving.
The game does autosave but that of course over writes any previous autosaves of the episode. I will go through and add something for the next update, like a pause screen or something right at the end (like at the To Be Continued screen)

Alex Colombo

Sep 22, 2018
You can find the conditions for all the episode 6 sex scenes here:
Hi, love the game! Is great! I have played it multiple times but i can't seem to unlock the spa scene with my male character, I tried doing as written in this link you posted but does not seem to work anyway...Is there anything else I should try?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
should ask the the OP creator to add the "futa" tag..that would attract more folks..as there is a definite one in the game they can have explicit shenanigans with..lol

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
Hi, love the game! Is great! I have played it multiple times but i can't seem to unlock the spa scene with my male character, I tried doing as written in this link you posted but does not seem to work anyway...Is there anything else I should try?
Hmmm, did you get with her at korina outpost? Trying to remember how i got it.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hmmm, did you get with her at korina outpost? Trying to remember how i got it.
Greetings, sorry, there's a typo in the wiki (I'll go fix it), but for Kani you have to have sex with her in Episode 5 or Episode 3 (both obviously also works). I apologize for this oversight.

Dehlaz

Aug 27, 2018
I've enjoyed this game a lot and will probably put up a few bucks on the Patreon soonish. We need more games like this floating around, with the freedom to choose your protagonist's gender and make lots of choices about who and what you bang.

With that said, I'm not sure if it's known--I tried searching around for "known issues"--but it seems like for the episode 6 scene where I get to decide who to spend time with at the start there's a male profile image there, even though I have a female character. Also, it seems like a male protagonist appears in the first scene with Rin (the non-sexual scene, trying to avoid spoilers here), but in the later sexual encounter the model is properly female. I reloaded the save and tried the scene with Rachel, and after that the model also properly changed to female (was still male for the first block of time). I'm not sure what exactly caused this but I can try to provide any info needed to recreate this.

Edit: I also got a "he" in response to the middle choice towards the end of the episode where I think it should be a "she".

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I've enjoyed this game a lot and will probably put up a few bucks on the Patreon soonish. We need more games like this floating around, with the freedom to choose your protagonist's gender and make lots of choices about who and what you bang.

With that said, I'm not sure if it's known--I tried searching around for "known issues"--but it seems like for the episode 6 scene where I get to decide who to spend time with at the start there's a male profile image there, even though I have a female character. Also, it seems like a male protagonist appears in the first scene with Rin (the non-sexual scene, trying to avoid spoilers here), but in the later sexual encounter the model is properly female. I reloaded the save and tried the scene with Rachel, and after that the model also properly changed to female (was still male for the first block of time). I'm not sure what exactly caused this but I can try to provide any info needed to recreate this.

Edit: I also got a "he" in response to the middle choice towards the end of the episode where I think it should be a "she".
Greetings,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm aware of the problems with the images and such when playing a female commander, working on getting a version out soon that will resolve those, some image fixes for Episodes 1,2,& 4 (very minor things in images, not the actual story content of the images), and hopefully a new Gallery system (though that one is not a promise, it may shift to a later update).

DMD47

Reactions: Noneless

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018

Greetings,

Version 6.1 is now available. Here's what's been fixed or changed:
~The scene gallery menu has been totally overhauled (version 7.0 will see more menus change to this style).
~There's a bunch of fixes to the pronouns and images when playing as a female character throughout the game.
~Rin now has previously missing images in Episode 2 showing up correctly (scene with Rin in pod)
~Episode title cards now work (and were moved to the beginning of the episode, rather than the second scene as, when doing a straight through playthrough, the transition between episodes was nonexistent and sometimes very confusing, better to just make it apparent.)
~Every image in Episode 2,3, and 4 with the old hegemony font has been edited to use the new hegemony font.
~Just a bunch of typo and grammar fixes throughout.

Also, Episode 7 now has a name, 'Our Better Selves'. But that's all I'm giving for now, there's enough a teaser in the image above. It will be done by Christmas at the very latest (though Omar and myself are pushing for it sooner). Hopefully if we reach the goal of $1,300 per month we can bring on more staff and get future episodes done quicker.

Download 6.1 here: or by using the Update Function in the Preferences Menu.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
thank you @drmaddoc47
may have to wait until someone posts the 6.1 update on mega or nopy or something..the link provided dies halfway through the download..lol...methinks it hit a limit? :p
got it on the 3rd try..LOL...when at first you do not succeed..keep bashing your head on that wall!!!!

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes