drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I mean like Asian, or White!
As for the gallery do you have to play the game a few times to see everything?
Oh, yeah, we had thought about different ethnicities too around Episode 2's completion when people first started bringing it up but it was just going to take too long to go back and redo everything. I still want to do that when we go back and redo stuff at the end of the season or such especially since we have the new rendering tech.

Multiple playthroughs are required to unlock everything. I will be updating the wiki soon with walkthroughs for episodes 5 and 6.

Reactions: Catwashere

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Oh, yeah, we had thought about different ethnicities too around Episode 2's completion when people first started bringing it up but it was just going to take too long to go back and redo everything. I still want to do that when we go back and redo stuff at the end of the season or such especially since we have the new rendering tech.

Multiple playthroughs are required to unlock everything. I will be updating the wiki soon with walkthroughs for episodes 5 and 6.
Can't wait for a walkthrough!
Hope you do add other races!

Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
why it took so long for this update???
Well, it's a pretty large episode content wise. Originally Episode 6 was a little bit of crew stuff and then the mission, but when people kept wanting more crew stuff after Episodes 4 and 5, which were more plot heavy and less crew heavy, things shifted in Episode 6 after a couple months of productions to put the crew more in the foreground again. This does mean Episode 7 as of right now is VERY plot focused but it was good to relax with the characters even if it did take a long time to get it all done.

Also please remember, I am a solo developer, and I do all the art and all the writing, programming, PR, site design, etc. Omar just handles music production (which is a big part, but it's not like I can offload rendering or writing to him).

at433

Oct 20, 2017
where does this game define dialogue text color?
i want to change from white to something else

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
where does this game define dialogue text color?
i want to change from white to something else
There is no user defined way to change text color right now, I will look into adding this for Episode 7 (or the Episode 6 public release on Sunday if it's simple enough). Thanks for the suggestion.

at433

Oct 20, 2017
thanks man i can edit the source files np but it dont seem to work..

i tried (without success) to add this code for example for colored text with outlines
define gui.text_color = '#ffccff'
define gui.text_outlines = [(3, "#330066", 0, 0)]

but game seems to ignore it.
you somehow globally override dialog color to white?

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Sorry but I am not going to help when people circumvent the barely there DRM and access the game code. I'm already looking into adding it in officially, please be patient.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Starship Inanna [v6.0] [Mad Docs] - Original Size: 1.48GB

Download PC (469MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
W/e, you are unaware of people on this site who had some excellent skill to crack drm's & they will enjoy doing it so good luck
I am fully aware people unpack and repack games and crack DRMs, literally all I did was archive the files so that official releases are not a mess of uncompressed files. But I'm not going to help someone mess with the code of a cracked game. That just lumps liability on to me as the developer. I can't support an unofficial release and by exposing the game code it's an unofficial release.

at433

Oct 20, 2017
sorry but it just kept bugging me so i got to the bottom of it
if anyone dont like occasionally unreadable white dialogue after grey background removed:
in screens.rpy replace 2 occurances

text what id "what"
to
text what id "what" color "#ff0000"

in this example its changed to red

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
actually I'm more bothered that the grey background disappeared, that should not be happening.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hello DrMadDoc47,

I've been playing this game since episode 1, going on two years. Just wondering if you have an ending planned for this game and when it may finally arrive. Or is it more like an episodic tv show with new episodes as long as there is a fan base out there?

Regards

fluffcube

Nov 12, 2017
It keeps kicking me out to the main menu right as I'm leaving for the ep 6 away mission. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
YES YES YES YES. Love this game and am so happy to see it up dated, thank you Doc and keep up the good work. Now if you'll excuse me i have story to read and sexy xeno babes to jack off to.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hello DrMadDoc47,

I've been playing this game since episode 1, going on two years. Just wondering if you have an ending planned for this game and when it may finally arrive. Or is it more like an episodic tv show with new episodes as long as there is a fan base out there?

Regards
We're doing it in Seasons, right now we're still in Season 1, as long as there is interest (and there seems to be) there will be a Season 2 and so forth. We do hope to change things between seasons to keep it fresh, add new gameplay and other stuff as I learn how to do things in rendering or programming. But the universe itself has a lot of potential. That being said my main goal is to deliver episodes faster and I'm still trying to work all of that out, and getting to goals like the Animation one on Patreon ($1,300 / month) will help with that as I can then get better equipment as more money comes in.

It keeps kicking me out to the main menu right as I'm leaving for the ep 6 away mission. Not sure what the deal is with that.
Sorry, I will have to make it more clear I think, that's the end of the Episode, Episode 7 is the actual mission.

YES YES YES YES. Love this game and am so happy to see it up dated, thank you Doc and keep up the good work. Now if you'll excuse me i have story to read and sexy xeno babes to jack off to.
Thanks for the kind words and happy fapping.

Reactions: Boogie

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
Just a small thing but PC does not mean Windows, well it wouldn't be used like that ever if I had my way but in Renpy its really is wrong. Renpy calls the archive gamename-0.0-pc.zip when it contains windows and linux. The windows only archives are gamename-0.0-win.zip

For Renpy 7 a basic new project gives dist files: PC at 26mb, WIN at 12mb, LINUX at 16mb and MAC at 10mb with the non-platform data being around 3mb of those files, sort of. So given that a/ windows folks have been downloading linux files anyway and b/ the difference in size is minor I personally see no reason for splitting the windows and linux packages.

Just to be clear the downloads you have here are PC == Linux and Windows, Mac == Mac and Linux == Linux so no need for the last one just to save you on uploading.

Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Honestly I never noticed, it used to spit out win/mac/linux but recently they added PC and it just didn't occur to me to look deeper into it. So thanks for that, it will save on uploading, especially as the game grows.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Um, Early Access is Patreon Backers only. It's literally coming out in a week for everyone, if you guys could hold on, that'd be great.
Even though this is (mostly) a pirate site and I've been one of those for decades, I believe this is a first time I actually felt bad about it. You're one of the rare developers who publicly release their games only a week after the backers get it, so I always downloaded it straight from your site without looking for a pirated version. Well, I'm afraid the cat is out of the bag now though, so waiting another week for a public release would seem a bit silly and wouldn't really do anyone any good but I still wanted to thank you for your hard work and effort you put into your game and your decision on the short time between paid and public release.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes