Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Loved the new episode, keep up the good work guys. Though I have to say that I wished for an option to smack my own character when he started complaining mentally about having to pretend to dominate and exploit all those lovely ladies aboard the ship. I mean, poor bastard... :LOL: Speaking of that, I really can't wait for the next episode, though I'm afraid it will take longer than I'd wish. :/

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Loved the new episode, keep up the good work guys. Though I have to say that I wished for an option to smack my own character when he started complaining mentally about having to pretend to dominate and exploit all those lovely ladies aboard the ship. I mean, poor bastard... :LOL: Speaking of that, I really can't wait for the next episode, though I'm afraid it will take longer than I'd wish. :/
Yeah, slap that guy for not being a dick and not wanting to treat his friends like shit.

What an absolute cunt he is.

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
This is really born for my own reluctance to do anything non-consensual in terms of artwork, as it's just not something I enjoy working on. We actually had a discussion about this in the most recent Patreon Devstream and the difference between non-consensual and doing something a character is uncomfortable with, but still willing to do it. More of the latter is going to happen in Episode 8 depending on choice and may lead to it being less of an issue for some characters (breaking down of barriers and such).

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I just started this game with episode #1 and am getting this error:
Code:
File "game/EP1.rpy", line 2064, in <module>
    $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, 'sound')
TypeError: a float is required
The error is because the sound.set_volume function expects three arguments: a float that is a scaler of the channel volume, a float that is a delay, and a channel number or name. The argument 'sound' is not a float for the delay value and causes the error.

The correct forms for this statement should be:
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, 0.0, 'sound')
    Arguments in order.
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, channel='sound')
    The first argument in order and the second named.
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0)
    Just the first required argument. The other two use their default values: delay=0.0 and channel='sound'.
There are six instances of this error: four in EP1.rpy and two in EP1_F.rpy. Changing them to one of the three listed forms eliminates the error.

BTW: Setting the volume to twice the channel volume level as set by the player is a horrible thing to do to the player, their speakers, and anyone in the same room. (n) Please try to keep that volume level to between 0.0 and 1.0. (y)

BTW-BTW: I almost forgot to say: I really like the game so far and am looking forward to progressing through the chapters. :D

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I just started this game with episode #1 and am getting this error:
Code:
File "game/EP1.rpy", line 2064, in <module>
    $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, 'sound')
TypeError: a float is required
The error is because the sound.set_volume function expects three arguments: a float that is a scaler of the channel volume, a float that is a delay, and a channel number or name. The argument 'sound' is not a float for the delay value and causes the error.

The correct forms for this statement should be:
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, 0.0, 'sound')
    Arguments in order.
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0, channel='sound')
    The first argument in order and the second named.
  • $renpy.sound.set_volume(2.0)
    Just the first required argument. The other two use their default values: delay=0.0 and channel='sound'.
There are six instances of this error: four in EP1.rpy and two in EP1_F.rpy. Changing them to one of the three listed forms eliminates the error.

BTW: Setting the volume to twice the channel volume level as set by the player is a horrible thing to do to the player, their speakers, and anyone in the same room. (n) Please try to keep that volume level to between 0.0 and 1.0. (y)

BTW-BTW: I almost forgot to say: I really like the game so far and am looking forward to progressing through the chapters. :D
Wow. I really would like to know how that hansn't come up once in 7 episode of people playing (Guess most people choose to spar with Kani/Rin). Thank you very much, I'll go fix it for an update. Should have RTFM, live and learn, and thanks for the kind words on the game too. Hope you enjoy it.

Once again, thank you.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah, slap that guy for not being a dick and not wanting to treat his friends like shit.

What an absolute cunt he is.
Wow, lighten up a bit there, it was primarily meant as a joke. Not to mention that domination is one of the most common kinks out there and no one was talking about treating his/her friends like shit or mass rapes here - even though you'd almost certainly find a lot of members here thrilled by that possibility as well.

This is really born for my own reluctance to do anything non-consensual in terms of artwork, as it's just not something I enjoy working on. We actually had a discussion about this in the most recent Patreon Devstream and the difference between non-consensual and doing something a character is uncomfortable with, but still willing to do it. More of the latter is going to happen in Episode 8 depending on choice and may lead to it being less of an issue for some characters (breaking down of barriers and such).
I know what you mean and I doubt anyone really expects mc to suddenly turn into a demented rapist, truth be told, it would probably be rather out of character for him/her to not express doubts regarding the situation. However the whole situation does offer many ...interesting opportunities for him/her to express a more dominant side and for a few crew members to find new kinks, doesn't it? ;) So, I'll be looking forward to the new chapter and seeing how you implement your ideas into the story.

I don't doubt non-consensual scenarios would attract quite a few people as well but I agree it would be better for you and the quality of the game if you stick only to what you're comfortable with.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
YAY...one of the finer games here finally updated..back to my Cat-Dame..yumyum...oh..and everyone else i can put my MC's weener in..because..of course.
as for the person who complained about content..WHAT?...lol....geez..no words...LOL to the nth

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Funnily enough all of these harem replies are making me reconsider my sex scene options for Episode 8 (in combination with some of the Patreon Dev Stream talk with my backers). I just don't think I could do a full 'harem choice' orgy thing because that would be so many options it would be a bit insane and quite daunting for my current hardware.

That said, I can definitely up the scenes from just one crew member with the Commander to maybe a choose your threesome? How's that sound for now (keeping in mind if we get a boost on the Patreon and get to the next goal I'm going to get some kick ass hardware for animations (which would also mean I could do things like having more characters in a static non-animated scene, just saying that that could make a fuller harem a possibility for Episode 9 if not sooner))

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i'd be fine with one "main-dame" to spend his life with..that also allows my assistant(sex-slave?) to participate...a harem just muddles my middle class marriage/pregnancy/spare dame cause of course i'd marry a bi-dame..plans :p

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
i'd be fine with one "main-dame" to spend his life with..that also allows my assistant(sex-slave?) to participate...a harem just muddles my middle class marriage/pregnancy/spare dame cause of course i'd marry a bi-dame..plans :p

Not in Season 1, Season 2 we do have plans for more relationship stuff and less war stuff. A little more character and world exploration, a little less doom and gloom and depression. However, we'd still need to start making more on the Patreon before we move on to Season 2 regardless, I'm going to need to bring more writing staff on (which is also in the next goal).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Funnily enough all of these harem replies are making me reconsider my sex scene options for Episode 8 (in combination with some of the Patreon Dev Stream talk with my backers). I just don't think I could do a full 'harem choice' orgy thing because that would be so many options it would be a bit insane and quite daunting for my current hardware.

That said, I can definitely up the scenes from just one crew member with the Commander to maybe a choose your threesome? How's that sound for now (keeping in mind if we get a boost on the Patreon and get to the next goal I'm going to get some kick ass hardware for animations (which would also mean I could do things like having more characters in a static non-animated scene, just saying that that could make a fuller harem a possibility for Episode 9 if not sooner))
Honestly speaking i'm perfectly fine with how things are and following a more romance based route. Obviously more options are good, people like different things after all but the thought that maybe something more romantic can come at the end pleases me a bit as i'm a bit of a sucker for romance.

My harem thing is from a few games I play. Every so often 1 character stands out more than others and i've built a little harem of those. I did have 3 girls which Ashe joined, even played the male route to get her which doesn't happen often to me.

While we're on the real talk shit, you managed to frustrate me somewhat. Cocks never been my thing, i'm a dyke so it's not something i've ever found myself attracted to or wanting yet Rin has a gorgeous character model and I found myself not minding that at all. Also the fact that my favourite girl in the game seems to be for the male only route and that didn't bother me either, usually that shit pisses me right off. Why it hasn't bothered me here I have no idea, i've got no answer for you but there you have it.

I say Ashe is my fave but I played through a couple of scenes on both genders and i've found myself liking Nikki and Chloe both on the female playthrough and enjoyed the flirting banter with the captain on the male as well as Ashe.

I suppose a threesome scene or two would make sense going the route of joining the Hegemony and while I do prefer romance I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the Nikki and Chloe/Asa threesome from the start of the game.

The issue i'm having is I don't see how a harem ending would work but I also don't see how a romance ending would work with Rin. From what I can gather she's very much in love with her partner with no desire for anyone to take her place but doesn't mind a bit of sex on the side. Everyone else seems to be single at least.

If we're throwing wishes out there I would like to see a romance end for some of them, those that make sense at least. Nikki is practically in a full relationship anyway if you stick with her route, Kani is almost there with a few others not far behind.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Honestly speaking i'm perfectly fine with how things are and following a more romance based route. Obviously more options are good, people like different things after all but the thought that maybe something more romantic can come at the end pleases me a bit as i'm a bit of a sucker for romance.

My harem thing is from a few games I play. Every so often 1 character stands out more than others and i've built a little harem of those. I did have 3 girls which Ashe joined, even played the male route to get her which doesn't happen often to me.

While we're on the real talk shit, you managed to frustrate me somewhat. Cocks never been my thing, i'm a dyke so it's not something i've ever found myself attracted to or wanting yet Rin has a gorgeous character model and I found myself not minding that at all. Also the fact that my favourite girl in the game seems to be for the male only route and that didn't bother me either, usually that shit pisses me right off. Why it hasn't bothered me here I have no idea, i've got no answer for you but there you have it.

I say Ashe is my fave but I played through a couple of scenes on both genders and i've found myself liking Nikki and Chloe both on the female playthrough and enjoyed the flirting banter with the captain on the male as well as Ashe.

I suppose a threesome scene or two would make sense going the route of joining the Hegemony and while I do prefer romance I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the Nikki and Chloe/Asa threesome from the start of the game.

The issue i'm having is I don't see how a harem ending would work but I also don't see how a romance ending would work with Rin. From what I can gather she's very much in love with her partner with no desire for anyone to take her place but doesn't mind a bit of sex on the side. Everyone else seems to be single at least.

If we're throwing wishes out there I would like to see a romance end for some of them, those that make sense at least. Nikki is practically in a full relationship anyway if you stick with her route, Kani is almost there with a few others not far behind.
I'm sorry to have frustrated you with Ashe. There is a huuuuge push by the Patreon backers to have her break her boundaries. I'm not opposed, but it has to come naturally, not just flipping a switch.

Do not presume that everything stays level in relationships. Nikka did just get a massive jolt to her world view. Kani has some... history we haven't really explored yet (though we did hint at it in some dialogue in Episode 6 if you go see Armin right before you see Kani, and also in the Home Front short story Message In A Bottle). But I'll stop there, I don't want to start running my mouth so to speak and give away too much.

Also, when I say there could be a harem, that doesn't mean there has to be a harem. For an adult game I make sure to always give an out, there has never been a forced sex scene in this game (though I should have been clearer early on about what was goign to happen as some people were caught off guard by Rin packing), there is always a non sexual option (hell, my mother in law plays this game and gives me feedback on the sci-fi a LOT. If she ever sees the sex scenes, I don't want to know about it).

When we're talking about a harem end I'm talking about options. And yes threesomes may be a thing for Episode 8/9 in the Hegemony (because, as you say, it makes sense in the Hegemony to have that style of relationship, especially when you're trying to blend in) that doesn't mean it's a sure deal that it leads to a harem.

Some people want a harem, and I understand that trope and that desire and I'm all for it in the game, but I for sure understand the desire to have the romance and the lifetime and all that stuff without the baggage of a dozen people in your bed.

I want to give as many options as I can for people to have their relationships, big and small, harem or single couple on the beach sipping drinks. It's just going to take a lot of work and a lot of computing power.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
(though I should have been clearer early on about what was goign to happen as some people were caught off guard by Rin packing),
When I said I was frustrated over the Rin thing it wasn't because she was packing it was because I didn't mind that she was packing.

Like I said, i'm lesbian so cock normally puts me off and when I saw Rin I thought her character model looked gorgeous. It was pretty obvious where it was leading if you do the spar session with her and right then I should have been put off but I wasn't.

I haven't had that before. Normally when something like that has come up i've moved on and completely skipped that character but here, I guess the only way to say it would be it made sense somehow?

I just wanted to make that clear, it wasn't a complaint about Rin it was aimed more at myself because it should have put me off but it didn't.

As for everything else. I know nikki has her issues right now and Kani's past keeps getting hinted at and will come up eventually but as with all stories like that there is always the drama before the calm at the end so I just took it that if we made certain choices we're manage the happily ever after eventually.

I think it's my tone more than anything. I don't like overly praising a game if that makes sense, it makes devs too comfortable and quality slips. I went in here looking for faults and while i'm sure there are some I found myself enjoying what was there too much to care.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Ok, replayed it from the beginning and i can officialy say that Ashe is now in the top 3 with Nikka and Rin (the commander is following 3rd place really closely), when i saw what she can do with her tongue i was like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
When I said I was frustrated over the Rin thing it wasn't because she was packing it was because I didn't mind that she was packing.

Like I said, i'm lesbian so cock normally puts me off and when I saw Rin I thought her character model looked gorgeous. It was pretty obvious where it was leading if you do the spar session with her and right then I should have been put off but I wasn't.

I haven't had that before. Normally when something like that has come up i've moved on and completely skipped that character but here, I guess the only way to say it would be it made sense somehow?

I just wanted to make that clear, it wasn't a complaint about Rin it was aimed more at myself because it should have put me off but it didn't.
I'm not trying to be a smartass here or tell you what to do/think but why limit yourself from something just because you think it doesn't fit into your label/image or that you shouldn't like it? :) (Just to clarify, I'm NOT trying to convince you to like cock, just saying you shouldn't worry yourself too much about it.)

I'm not too fond of cocks either (well, except for mine) but I must say Rin is my favourite by far as well. Now granted, I never really had anything against futas, so there is that. As for her romance route, could be that I'm wrong, but I don't really find it impossible. Being her (zir?) only love interest is definitely off the table, however it seems to me, her race has a bit of different view of love and emotions due to their memory sharing trait, so I could see her being in polyamorous relationship with MC. Could be I'm off my mark here, so I guess we'll have to wait for drmaddoc47 to clear that up. :)

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Being her (zir?) only love interest is definitely off the table, however it seems to me, her race has a bit of different view of love and emotions due to their memory sharing trait, so I could see her being in polyamorous relationship with MC. Could be I'm off my mark here, so I guess we'll have to wait for drmaddoc47 to clear that up. :)
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Due to the ability to share memories there's no issue with multiple partners or relationships. Rin has 3 full relationships back home after all that all know about each other (though only one relationship can have children, for population control reasons).

You know how your mate feels about you. Need someone else to fullfill a fetish but still are into your mate, go for it. Love multiple people? Go for it. There are some taboos (children are taboo obviously, etc etc) but generally for the Jurion if you can consent and you're honest, it's fair game.

Reactions: Dreadder
3.90 star(s) 29 Votes