drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I absolutely adore this game, fantastic story all round. (y)

Wish there was a little more crew interaction outside of briefings and missions.

Ashe :love:

That's all.
Yeah, we want to do more crew interaction and it's something we're really structuring Season 2 around as myself and my sounding board group kinda weed through the ideas and the story points we want to hit. Season 1 was always a bit more 'linear' in terms of how the story was going to go just because I didn't have the experience and not nearly as nuanced a plan going in as I'd like to have for Season 2, and now we just have to finish the last episodes before we can make the drastic changes.

Learning from what I have done and the feedback from this season is going to go into making next season better, and that includes more crew interaction, more world exploration/stand alone episodes, as well as less doom/gloom, more consistent ship interior design, etc. (I sound like a producer on Star Trek Discovery)

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, we want to do more crew interaction and it's something we're really structuring Season 2 around as myself and my sounding board group kinda weed through the ideas and the story points we want to hit. Season 1 was always a bit more 'linear' in terms of how the story was going to go just because I didn't have the experience and not nearly as nuanced a plan going in as I'd like to have for Season 2, and now we just have to finish the last episodes before we can make the drastic changes.

Learning from what I have done and the feedback from this season is going to go into making next season better, and that includes more crew interaction, more world exploration/stand alone episodes, as well as less doom/gloom, more consistent ship interior design, etc. (I sound like a producer on Star Trek Discovery)
Hey, you leave my doom and gloom alone you, mad doctor you... Seriously a dark atmosphere makes the game and makes the different character interactions have weight. Learning about characters and why they are the way they are, the races and their histories/taboo's/culture's and the titan empires shady history all add the the characters and makes them more believable and the game, more immersive.

On balance with moderation though as it makes the good moments that much sweeter and interactions better as characters really celebrate and enjoy the good times when they arise.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
In universe, Jurion all have a penis and a vagina. They are a completely mono-gendered and have a societal structure that meshes with their biological evolution. Terms like him/her/he/she do not apply at all. Mother and Father do though.
While you are correct, I personally tend to refer to futas or futa-like races as she/her, though I admit it's probably just a coping mechanism for me. :LOL:

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hey, you leave my doom and gloom alone you, mad doctor you... Seriously a dark atmosphere makes the game and makes the different character interactions have weight. Learning about characters and why they are the way they are, the races and their histories/taboo's/culture's and the titan empires shady history all add the the characters and makes them more believable and the game, more immersive.

On balance with moderation though as it makes the good moments that much sweeter and interactions better as characters really celebrate and enjoy the good times when they arise.
Think more like the latter half of your post, I want more a few more light times between the dark times. A few more stand alone episodes (or just ones that could have used more time to just breathe outside of main plot movement, like going to the tournament in Episode 5). The darkness isn't going to go away, I just want the light to be there a little more often so we can get more from the characters in contrast.

Can't have Kani depressed all the time after all.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hey guys, just FYI there's a minor update from version 7.0.1 to version 7.0.5

~Fixed a bug in Episode 1 if you talk to Chole or David in the Infirmary (Thanks DuDraig)
~Episode 7 title screen now reads Episode 7 (still embarrassing)
~All Wiki links in Scene Gallery now point to the respective World Anvil pages.
~Minor typo and grammatical fixes

K18

Apr 19, 2018
@UncleVT 7.0.5 update/change? Maybe?

Looking back, i suppose it's a fair trade that Ashe prefer men and then we have Samantha who prefer women (besides the dream with Samantha as Male Commander). Unless both are persuaded into expanding their horizons, lol.

Look forward to seeing more interactions of the Commander with the Crew and Others, Downtime with Chole/Asa.
For Season 2, will it still be a choice-based visual novel? Just curious, I only ask because i witnessed other games start off as a visual novel then midway switch into a sandbox type game.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Look forward to seeing more interactions of the Commander with the Crew and Others, Downtime with Chole/Asa.
For Season 2, will it still be a choice-based visual novel? Just curious, I only ask because i witnessed other games start off as a visual novel then midway switch into a sandbox type game.
Very likely it will remain in Renpy and continue the style of Season 1 in terms of structure and mechanics. If I want to do something drastically different, I'll do a different game, different universe.

Reactions: p22 and -Hex-

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Hard to answer most of the characters are unique and their story makes them even more specialized. The easy answer is "all of them" now the hard part which I would had to choose 1-2 characters ... would be Kani and Rin but wouldn't want to loose anyone :love:

Reactions: drmaddoc47

Phantomax

Nov 12, 2018
I came to this point, see attachment, but neither of these options makes me advance. I'm stuck, please help Stuck.jpg

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I came to this point, see attachment, but neither of these options makes me advance. I'm stuck, please help View attachment 241538
Oh crap. That's an oversight and I thought we fixed that. Male or Female PC?

Let me know and I'll work that out. I'll put an update up ASAP (though you will have to releoad an earlier scene).

Phantomax

Nov 12, 2018
Oh crap. That's an oversight and I thought we fixed that. Male or Female PC?

Let me know and I'll work that out. I'll put an update up ASAP (though you will have to releoad an earlier scene).
What do you mean male or female pc? I'm a male and so is my MC.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
What do you mean male or female pc? I'm a male and so is my MC.
My apologies, PC is typical slang for Player Character, though not universal it seems.

I will work on adding a scene to break the loop. I'll push out an update tonight for it.

{EDIT} Update will be tomorrow, things got complicated here in my Episode 6 scene files.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes