Phantomax

Nov 12, 2018
My apologies, PC is typical slang for Player Character, though not universal it seems.

I will work on adding a scene to break the loop. I'll push out an update tonight for it.

{EDIT} Update will be tomorrow, things got complicated here in my Episode 6 scene files.
No need to apologyze. tks anyway. Great work However, the plot is quite addictive and even the characters are well drawn. I will check the following releases assiduousness.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
v7.0.6 is now available:
~Added a scene to Episode 6 to avoid players getting stuck in a loop if the only characters available in Block 3 are, presently engaged. Ashe now has a short conversation with the Commander (with new art for it, nothing big though, just under-armor suit) (Thanks for finding the loop Phantomax)
~Re-rendered the crew member doors in Episode 6
~Bunch of typo fixes in early episodes.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Is anyone else having problems keeping the gallery unlocked seems like every time I open the game i have to unlock the replay scenes all over agin
That should not be happening. Sounds like it's not able to create or load a persistence file for some reason. Assuming you are on windows, that file in in your AppData\Roaming\RenPy\StarshipInanna folder. If that folder doesn't exist or is write protected or something that would explain the problem. That's just my first guess.

Or it could be an antivirus has flagged that folder for ransomware protection and you have to add Starship Inanna to the whitelist so it can make changes (I've had that happen on games before)

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Appreciate the work of the doctors on this sci fi spectacular. I get some major Mass Effect vibes from this game. It's nice to see some science fiction in adult games. Mad props for all the different characters interactions for male or female MC.

Keep up the good work.

Excelsior

Reactions: drmaddoc47

Landerk

May 20, 2018
Really cool game, just started playing, Kani is def my favorite character, cute-badass. I just started the episode 5, alien is taking care of Irune and I, when flashback begins I get an exception error, something about fathers name?

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Really cool game, just started playing, Kani is def my favorite character, cute-badass. I just started the episode 5, alien is taking care of Irune and I, when flashback begins I get an exception error, something about fathers name?
Okay, this one again. Thought I fixed it, seems not. Let me dig into it, sorry for the bug.

Reactions: botc76

Venom Snake

May 29, 2018
Great game, I like how the different races speak using translators. I have seen the dangers of having a common tongue...

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Starship Inanna [v7.0] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original

PC/LINUX (376 MB): - -
MAC (358 MB): - -

@TheImage could you add this to the OP? Many thanks :giggle:
I don't want to presume, but could you maybe do a compressed version of 7.06?

Reactions: Aloelihim

hackspecht

Dec 28, 2018
Too much blabla, its annoying.
And why changing looks of npc during the game? hair, eyes, skin tine,....
Stay to your design.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Too much blabla, its annoying.
And why changing looks of npc during the game? hair, eyes, skin tine,....
Stay to your design.
Too much blabla? I have most people telling me I need more character interaction and dialogue so I'd like to know what you mean by blabla in this case. Not disputing your opinion, just looking for a more helpful critique.

As for the changing looks of the characters, honestly it's just new technology. It's been almost 3 years since the first version of Episode 1 came out, and not only has software gotten better my ability to use said software has gotten better (imho). Kinda going with the Gene Roddenberry thing in terms of canon and aesthetics, how they look now is how they always looked. Though I understand why that would be an issue for some it's just simpler to use the new tech than try and do what I want to in the old tech.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
@drmaddoc47 I've been meaning to ask you something for a while and I'm rather certain you were asked that before but how come you decided to go with a black skinned MC? Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you, I'm merely curious, especially since I recall MC was a bit lighter skinned in your earlier versions.

And another thing, is there any way you'd consider getting an avatar, because somehow, it just doesn't seem right you'd be without one? :ROFLMAO:

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
@drmaddoc47 I've been meaning to ask you something for a while and I'm rather certain you were asked that before but how come you decided to go with a black skinned MC? Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you, I'm merely curious, especially since I recall MC was a bit lighter skinned in your earlier versions.

And another thing, is there any way you'd consider getting an avatar, because somehow, it just doesn't seem right you'd be without one? :ROFLMAO:
Blame Ben Sisko on DS9, I was in the middle of a binge on it when I first was working on the initial ideas for what was then called The Shard (which eventually became Starship Inanna).

Also, I saw a lack of black protagonists in games, figured I'd go in that direction given how much I was enjoying Sisko as a protagonist. It being an adult game wasn't necessarily part of the equation yet at all.

As for him being lighter in earlier episodes, I've noticed that too looking back. It was not a conscious decision. Just itterative design and change as my skills and assets become better quality.

As for my avatar, I'll go take care of that right now.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes