drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
In episode 7 after they come back from the laboratory it's called Nikka's condition, my female mc changes into the male one. I'm using the mac version btw
Okay, I'll fix that for the next update in the next day or so.

[EDIT] Which version are you playing if you don't mind my asking. Looking at the 7.0.6 official release there's no reason it should be doing that at first glance. I don't know if some of the compressed unofficial builds changed anything (though I'm inclined to not believe they did).

samkazk

Apr 29, 2017

[EDIT] Which version are you playing if you don't mind my asking. Looking at the 7.0.6 official release there's no reason it should be doing that at first glance. I don't know if some of the compressed unofficial builds changed anything (though I'm inclined to not believe they did).
Its the latest version and its not compressed, I also didn't mess with the variables, just one scene a girl and the next a guy. But hey its an awesome game man I cant wait to see what happens next

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Its the latest version and its not compressed, I also didn't mess with the variables, just one scene a girl and the next a guy. But hey its an awesome game man I cant wait to see what happens next
I'm not trying to place any blame, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening in your game then because I can't find a single reason for it to happen. Images are named correctly, image calls are all pointing to female, script is asking for female images... very strange.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Yep I mean its interesting and makes me curious. I kinda would like to understand why jurons evolved that way. Presuming that all are like Rin. Kani seems straight forward biologically. Ashe well tongue. Cea -shrugs-.
I'm not an evolutionary biologist so I'm not exactly qualified to explain how or why something evolved the way it did, even in a fiction universe there's only so much I can BS it.

However, most Jurion are similar to Rin. There are extremely rare genetic variants that are not intersex, or not able to share memories. How those people are treated though is something we're going to really get in to at some point in Season 2. It's in the planning stages and I may try to figure out more on the science of it.

Fair to say that Kani is pretty human, tail, ears, and tongue being obvious differences. And while the dick is differently shaped, Palon males are also pretty human. So yeah, taste aside they are very 'simple'. *shrugs* Catpeople, not much to say there.

Cea and the Dovin are... well, I don't want to get into that because we'll be getting into that in detail in Episode 8 (depending on the path you're on). She is one of the more popular characters, then again most of the non-human characters are pretty popular. Though the human females all have their fans too, guys not as much but I still have monthly commissions for Adam and Michael. No one cares for Armin it seems, even Bojin has had commission requests :p

Reactions: Abibliboop

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Oh this looks pretty good, I wonder why I've never seen this before.

Edit - Nevermind, not for me, Wish you the best of luck though dev.

durgadas

Mar 21, 2018
I have to say that I'm very impressed with the level of detail in the writing, and the world building in general- my goodness the number of characters and races and intricacy of interactions between all these from physiology to politics to outlook... Add on top of that the individual relationships and even some action, mystery and diplomacy. Plus SO MANY playable options with all of these as well.

It's a VERY well intricately written bit of fiction, even when you don't consider the nudity, artwork, renders, etc. or the sexual and relationship aspects layered on top of it.

I've been impressed on this level by so few VNs I could count them on a single hand with room to spare. Amazing job here. Looks like I need to find you on Patreon or wherever you are. SO Well Done.

EDIT: Done and I'm now a Patron.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
Kani while having cat people there is probably some advantage the tail still has.
If I remember correctly, its pretty much a fully prehensile tail which gives a lot of benefits to keeping it. Though I do really like the suggestion about it being a balance/rudder for high end speed.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
You guys start trying to figure out what Palon sweat smells like I'm going to laugh. Then again we actually answered that, unlike Mass Effect and Quarians. :p

I like the discussion, Kani's tail has been a 'when it's convenient' thing. I kinda forget it's there until we need to have it be part of the scene, like the sparring scene in Episode 1 or the wall scene in Episode 2, the sex scene in Episode 6. Definitely will be paying more attention to the 'alien' aspects of our alien cast going forward.

Reactions: Abibliboop

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
To be entirely fair, we've already kinda started the collation process:

That's kinda what the World Anvil account we use for the wiki now allows us to do (should update the links on the site for that, the ones in the scene gallery in game do go to the world anvil episode guides. We just have the rest restricted right now while we fill stuff out).

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I didnt know that though.
Oh, I wasn't trying to be snarky there, sorry. :)

Also, that's fair not knowing, we've not been exactly big on talking about it, because it really not even close to being done yet. Just figured I'd let you know we are doing something to collate and fill in gaps.

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
I remember talk of some sort of codex ages ago, nice to see it coming along.

@drmaddoc47 Have you ever thought of engaging in short prequels that focus on characters and their history. Sort of like Kani fighting on Omri(?) or what happened to Lcmdr Orin.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I remember talk of some sort of codex ages ago, nice to see it coming along.

@drmaddoc47 Have you ever thought of engaging in short prequels that focus on characters and their history. Sort of like Kani fighting on Omri(?) or what happened to Lcmdr Orin.
It's not a bad idea, though right now I'm trying to finish Story 2 of the Starship Inanna: Home Front series. But that's something I can certainly look into, though obviously some of this stuff will be covered in future episodes regardless.

SadPanda07

Jul 24, 2018

yeah i had that too latest update win version, somehow it only occured when you pick chloe as your servant. in episode 7 my female mc turned into male when on mission and triggered male x chloe scene in the end.

i try to pick asa as my servant and it works normally no gender change ep7, i think its only happen when you pick chloe.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
yeah i had that too latest update win version, somehow it only occured when you pick chloe as your servant. in episode 7 my female mc turned into male when on mission and triggered male x chloe scene in the end.

i try to pick asa as my servant and it works normally no gender change ep7, i think its only happen when you pick chloe.
That helps narrow down the possibilities. But it still is strange, Male and Female are two entirely different scripts... And Chole wasn't in Episode 6, and in Episode 7 she's at the end, it should not change mid episode... Thanks for the data, hopefully this helps find the problem.

[EDIT] Think I just found it. Because the error is happening in Episode 7 and there's no jumps in Episode 7, I checked Episode 6 and in the midst of alllll the jumps and labels, found one typo. I'll push out an update tomorrow.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
v7.07 update now available
~Added a fix for the Episode 5 FathersName glitch if you have a sister (does require a restart of Episode 5, if you're already passed it don't worry, I'll toss another check in before it's important)
~Fixed a glitch that would shift from Jane to John between Episodes 6 and 7. Requires you load a save from before the third block of the episode 6's character interaction or replay Episode 6.
~All audio now in .ogg format
~Lots of images have been compressed to reduce the size of the game (there should be pretty much no perceived loss in quality).
~Rogue .wav files that were taking up space have been removed
~Few typos fixed throughout

magus448

May 22, 2018
You know, that threeway with your doctor FwB and your servent technically still hasn't happened yet.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes