RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Something I am curious about is Rins biology.
"The foreheads of this species possess remarkably flexible, even rubbery qualities." :v

As for him being lighter in earlier episodes, I've noticed that too looking back. It was not a conscious decision. Just itterative design and change as my skills and assets become better quality.
"The Chief Engineer would like to remind everyone that the Holodeck is NOT a tanning booth." :U

Reactions: Abibliboop

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Blame Ben Sisko on DS9, I was in the middle of a binge on it when I first was working on the initial ideas for what was then called The Shard (which eventually became Starship Inanna).

Also, I saw a lack of black protagonists in games, figured I'd go in that direction given how much I was enjoying Sisko as a protagonist. It being an adult game wasn't necessarily part of the equation yet at all.

As for him being lighter in earlier episodes, I've noticed that too looking back. It was not a conscious decision. Just itterative design and change as my skills and assets become better quality.

As for my avatar, I'll go take care of that right now.
Thanks for both, answer and avatar, and you just reminded me to rewatch DS9. Been planning it for a while, but we still need to finish rewatching the Voyager with my better half before we start with that one. :)

As for avatar, it just seemed strange, since most of the time the only people without one are the ones with a handful of posts who only pop into threads to ask when the next update will be or something similar. :D

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
"The foreheads of this species possess remarkably flexible, even rubbery qualities." :v
I actually had to go back and make sure I didn't put this in during some sleep deprived state. I don't get this reference.

Dreadder, kinda jealous you're able to watch Trek atm enough to rewatch. My wife and I were in the middle of a DS9 stint (rewatch for me, first watch for her)... though now we just have our weekly Star Trek Discovery party we go to with our friends. We don't really watch much other Star Trek right now as we both are working so much.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Dreadder, kinda jealous you're able to watch Trek atm enough to rewatch. My wife and I were in the middle of a DS9 stint (rewatch for me, first watch for her)... though now we just have our weekly Star Trek Discovery party we go to with our friends. We don't really watch much other Star Trek right now as we both are working so much.
Yeah, time is always an issue, so we're actually rewatching it a few episodes at a time. It will take us quite a while to get through all 7 seasons but we'll get there eventually.

Haven't watched the Discovery series yet though but we do follow the Orville - even though it's not really a part of the franchise, it's close enough I suppose. :)

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Yeah, time is always an issue, so we're actually rewatching it a few episodes at a time. It will take us quite a while to get through all 7 seasons but we'll get there eventually.

Haven't watched the Discovery series yet though but we do follow the Orville - even though it's not really a part of the franchise, it's close enough I suppose. :)
Discovery is much more like TOS for the modern day than it is like TNG for the modern day (it's also a bit of a visual reboot in some ways but that doens't bother me in the least). It's not like much of the Trek from the past 30 years, which is what Orville tries to reallllly lean in to. Both are good, but I really like Discovery more because I'm not a huge Seth fan.

Anyway, I digress. Neither are starship Inanna and I should stick to talking that :p

Reactions: Dreadder

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Starship Inanna [v7.0.6] [Mad Docs] - Original Size: 1.92GB

Download PC (391MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Funnily enough all of these harem replies are making me reconsider my sex scene options for Episode 8 (in combination with some of the Patreon Dev Stream talk with my backers). I just don't think I could do a full 'harem choice' orgy thing because that would be so many options it would be a bit insane and quite daunting for my current hardware.

That said, I can definitely up the scenes from just one crew member with the Commander to maybe a choose your threesome? How's that sound for now (keeping in mind if we get a boost on the Patreon and get to the next goal I'm going to get some kick ass hardware for animations (which would also mean I could do things like having more characters in a static non-animated scene, just saying that that could make a fuller harem a possibility for Episode 9 if not sooner))
Having only one woman in the end is completly fine, a threesome is ok too but not every game needs to have a harem. So do what you want to do. ;)

samkazk

Apr 29, 2017
Is there scenes for a female mc in chapter 7? I was playing as one then my character just suddenly changed into the male version for a scene.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Funnily enough all of these harem replies are making me reconsider my sex scene options for Episode 8 (in combination with some of the Patreon Dev Stream talk with my backers). I just don't think I could do a full 'harem choice' orgy thing because that would be so many options it would be a bit insane and quite daunting for my current hardware.

That said, I can definitely up the scenes from just one crew member with the Commander to maybe a choose your threesome? How's that sound for now (keeping in mind if we get a boost on the Patreon and get to the next goal I'm going to get some kick ass hardware for animations (which would also mean I could do things like having more characters in a static non-animated scene, just saying that that could make a fuller harem a possibility for Episode 9 if not sooner))
Having only one woman in the end is completly fine, a threesome is ok too but not every game needs to have a harem. So do what you want to do. ;)
Guess I missed this post earlier. The reason why I like the harem endings is that I am a completionist and at the same time usually too lazy to replay every game multiple times, so harem endings give me an option to see most of the content in a single replay. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, harem ending would probably be a bit insane to attempt to make, especially with the number of possible partners in this game. I would really like an option of a threesome if possible though, especially with Rin (fuck train anyone? :LOL:), though even that might be quite the undertaking due to all the possible combinations. Perhaps the best solution would be to limit the possible threesomes to only a few pre set combinations?

As for animations, I must say I never was a fan of them. I prefer well made static images/renders over them any day, especially since most such animations just seem awkward and anything but erotic to me...

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Is there scenes for a female mc in chapter 7? I was playing as one then my character just suddenly changed into the male version for a scene.
That should not be happening, can you let me know which scene freaked out?

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Guess I missed this post earlier. The reason why I like the harem endings is that I am a completionist and at the same time usually too lazy to replay every game multiple times, so harem endings give me an option to see most of the content in a single replay. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, harem ending would probably be a bit insane to attempt to make, especially with the number of possible partners in this game. I would really like an option of a threesome if possible though, especially with Rin (fuck train anyone? :LOL:), though even that might be quite the undertaking due to all the possible combinations. Perhaps the best solution would be to limit the possible threesomes to only a few pre set combinations?

As for animations, I must say I never was a fan of them. I prefer well made static images/renders over them any day, especially since most such animations just seem awkward and anything but erotic to me...
Oh we're very much going to have to limit our options for the threesomes, otherwise it would be an insane amount of scenes.

As for animations, not all animations need to be erotic. That said the animations are more incentive for the goal than something i NEED to do to make the game meet my vision. Perhaps I should have picked something better for said goal that would be more enticing as animations do not seem to be that enticing to many people.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
That said the animations are more incentive for the goal than something i NEED to do to make the game meet my vision. Perhaps I should have picked something better for said goal that would be more enticing as animations do not seem to be that enticing to many people.
Hmmm, how about MC customization? Nothing too fancy, just race (human races), hairstyle, perhaps tattoo or jewellery? Granted, I don't know much about making VNs, so I have no idea how much work that would take...
Though perhaps better idea (and I'd personally rather see it than customization of MC) would be (even) more "interactive" sex scenes - meaning expanded sex scenes with more options, that is.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hmmm, how about MC customization? Nothing too fancy, just race (human races), hairstyle, perhaps tattoo or jewellery? Granted, I don't know much about making VNs, so I have no idea how much work that would take...
Though perhaps better idea (and I'd personally rather see it than customization of MC) would be (even) more "interactive" sex scenes - meaning expanded sex scenes with more options, that is.
Adding new MC customization is extremely complex. Every single possible change to the MC means that any image with the MC needs to have an option for that customization. It would be an inordinate amount of work for not much pay off in the end imho.

More interactive sex scenes is doable, but makes for a weird goal as it's something I try to work in where my imagination allows for it. Forced interactivity I feel would quickly become generic. Though it's an idea.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Adding new MC customization is extremely complex. Every single possible change to the MC means that any image with the MC needs to have an option for that customization. It would be an inordinate amount of work for not much pay off in the end imho.

More interactive sex scenes is doable, but makes for a weird goal as it's something I try to work in where my imagination allows for it. Forced interactivity I feel would quickly become generic. Though it's an idea.
Yeah, had a feeling it would be so, regarding the customization that is.

As for the other one, you could perhaps add some more "generic" ones and at the same time give your Patreons a chance to suggest others? Perhaps giving your top tier of supporters an option to suggest a particular scene within limits of course?

I'm just throwing out ideas, by the way, so they might be completely off. :)

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Yeah, had a feeling it would be so, regarding the customization that is.

As for the other one, you could perhaps add some more "generic" ones and at the same time give your Patreons a chance to suggest others? Perhaps giving your top tier of supporters an option to suggest a particular scene within limits of course?

I'm just throwing out ideas, by the way, so they might be completely off. :)
I think I am warry of such an action not because it's a bad idea, but I've already been burned by it in this game. The whole Adam and Mind Control rapey role play scene was because a high tier early patron wanted it and now I'm still trying to course correct the character and the Commander's potential decisions there.

Still, I will consider it.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I think I am warry of such an action not because it's a bad idea, but I've already been burned by it in this game. The whole Adam and Mind Control rapey role play scene was because a high tier early patron wanted it and now I'm still trying to course correct the character and the Commander's potential decisions there.

Still, I will consider it.
Ah, sorry, wasn't aware of that, especially since I never played any of Adam's scenes but yeah, it does have a potential to go into... undesirable directions.

samkazk

Apr 29, 2017
That should not be happening, can you let me know which scene freaked out?
In episode 7 after they come back from the laboratory it's called Nikka's condition, my female mc changes into the male one. I'm using the mac version btw

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes