drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
You know, that threeway with your doctor FwB and your servent technically still hasn't happened yet.
I don't recall a three way with Doctor Oluna. Oh, you mean the one with Nikka. I am aware, the role of the servants changed a bit but we'll get there.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
It is not because of being racist. But must it be one of the worst characters I've seen in my life when you were inspired by an African? I would have preferred even a green alien

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It is not because of being racist. But must it be one of the worst characters I've seen in my life when you were inspired by an African? I would have preferred even a green alien
I'm pretty sure its just a gen 1 model, its not that bad. I'll admit its where I turned away as well, but to say its the worst you've seen is a pretty extreme exaggeration, that or you haven't played a lot of 3dcg games.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I do not want to sound racist, but....
Never a good start. If your problem with the character is because they are black then you're opinion is prejudiced, even if you may not think so. Think about this, you would prefer this character to be an alien or instead of this game to be in an NTR game, what do you think that says about your opinion? You can associate more easily with a fantasy race than people that have a slightly different colour skin than you and you'd be more comfortable if those characters were in games focused more on rape and cuckolding than being a hero/central character.

I'm afraid you failed your opening statement.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I don't want to sound argumentative, just throwing in my two cents.. I'm a white male and I'm fine playing an African or a character of another race. I don't have a problem as long as the character fits my ideals, and I'm free to choose their decisions in situations. Again, that's just my two cents, I'm not trying to start anything or be argumentative, I know it's all personal preference

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
personally I think these characters are not for this type of games they could in NTR games not for a space game.
Wow, so black people aren't going to be in space? Shit, someone tell Mae Jemison and Guion Stewart Bluford Jr. that it was all a hallucination!

You are of course free to like or not like something for your own personal reasons, but when your statement starts with "I do not want to sound racist, but" the odds are what is about to be said is at least prejudicial if not full blown racist.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
Never a good start. If your problem with the character is because they are black then you're opinion is prejudiced, even if you may not think so. Think about this, you would prefer this character to be an alien or instead of this game to be in an NTR game, what do you think that says about your opinion? You can associate more easily with a fantasy race than people that have a slightly different colour skin than you and you'd be more comfortable if those characters were in games focused more on rape and cuckolding than being a hero/central character.

I'm afraid you failed your opening statement.
I do not mean the worst design I've seen but how it is implemented in the game. The color of the main character is very important in adult games for the simple fact that most are white. That is why you will see very few games with black, latin, asiatico characters and more popular I do not say that this evil you simply have to think to which public is directed the game.
I clarify that I am not a German arian I am Latin and I have not seen any game with a Latin character but it is not because people are racist. Simply offer and demand

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I do not want to sound racist, but I think very few people feel represented with the male character there are not many characters that like to play like an African.personally I think these characters are not for this type of games they could in NTR games not for a space game.
So when we get to exploring the universe Africans aren't allowed to come along? Or just aren't allowed positions of authority?

Maybe drmaddoc could make everyyyyyyyyy possible race an option to choose from the beginning of the game to be all inclusive. He would still be making them.

I can't wait to see my Native American/Scottish self represented. With his kilt and feathers in his hair so I know right away that's the one for me to pick. Don't forget every Scottish clan has a different kilt pattern so gotta get all those options in.

Just play the game or don't and leave your "I'm not racist" racism outta the thread.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
Wow, so black people aren't going to be in space? Shit, someone tell Mae Jemison and Guion Stewart Bluford Jr. that it was all a hallucination!

You are of course free to like or not like something for your own personal reasons, but when your statement starts with "I do not want to sound racist, but" the odds are what is about to be said is at least prejudicial if not full blown racist.
We are talking about a game for adults. You sell a product. But you must keep in mind for which sector this product is directed. The public that likes to play with an African is a very small audience. It's just an opinion. I'm not saying that the game is bad or anything. I'm just giving you my opinion because most of the games on the page the protagonists are white is not because they are racist

Reactions: supermanz95

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
I understand what @Aioria619 was trying to say, that white characters are the norm, and that you do see African characters playing certain niche roles inside of these games. That doesn't mean that we cannot and shouldn't break from the norm, just that as far as games stand right now, they do follow a certain trend
Yes, but people see that they do not understand. And the only thing they do is tell you racist when you tell them the truth I study Marketing and one should know what audience is launching the product in this case the game if you create an African character you are creating a product for a specific audience the same happens when they have games with (NTR, bestiality, Cuck, Furry, incest)

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@Aioria619 it also depends on how things are stated, on how people perceive them. Your first comment was put rather bluntly, and the "not to sound racist" comment, already predisposes us to consider the statement as racist, instead of the other way around. I do try to look at things objectively, so I was able to see what you were trying to say and help clear things up.

As far as marketing goes, you do have to gear your product toward a target audience, however, you can also shift public opinion, which as I stated above can and should happen, by the slow introduction of other games with a main character of a different race, or where other races play different roles beside the stereotypical ones. After a while, they will be just as common, and hopefully then as accepted as a game with a white main character

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I study Marketing and one should know what audience is launching the product in this case the game if you create an African character you are creating a product for a specific audience
I understand the argument, and you aren't wrong. I see that now what you meant before, however your wording was rather blunted.

That said, I happened to make a black protagonist in a sci-fi story. And, this was a sci-fi story long before I decided to add any sexual element to it. This is a sci-fi game first, and an adult game second. I don't think I have ever shied away from that.

If the main character being a minority makes someone uncomfortable, but they still like the story. That's perfect, that means I'm striking a chord as a writer and they are identifying with the 'other'. I never force the sex scenes on anyone, you can play through the whole game and never see a sex scene (you'll see some nudity, but that's it).

Maybe my views will change in future projects, but I don't think I will ever put the adult stuff over the story, character, and setting. Those should come first.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
@Aioria619 it also depends on how things are stated, on how people perceive them. Your first comment was put rather bluntly, and the "not to sound racist" comment, already predisposes us to consider the statement as racist, instead of the other way around. I do try to look at things objectively, so I was able to see what you were trying to say and help clear things up.

As far as marketing goes, you do have to gear your product toward a target audience, however, you can also shift public opinion, which as I stated above can and should happen, by the slow introduction of other games with a main character of a different race, or where other races play different roles beside the stereotypical ones. After a while, they will be just as common, and hopefully then as accepted as a game with a white main character
I understand what you say. very difficult to change the tastes of people. The game is not bad I liked it a lot, I just think that the main male character is directed to a very small audien

audioman86

Aug 10, 2017
I really like the game, it is a new story with new twists, I myself really like Rin, she's my new tabitha (Coceter) and i hope there is a well developed story in the future with her. I am glad the mad docs are so nice, the developer talks to us,and gives us feed back, how cool is that,.. really. I think this will become a wonderful game in the end. To the developers I would say, please don't drop this game, it is a great story and I want to see the end, proceed at your own pace and expand the story as you want, not as people tell you, understand that a writer reveals a little of their soul when they are at their craft. Anyway thanks for the game, really enjoying it and looking forward to each update!

Reactions: drmaddoc47

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
I understand the argument, and you aren't wrong. I see that now what you meant before, however your wording was rather blunted.

That said, I happened to make a black protagonist in a sci-fi story. And, this was a sci-fi story long before I decided to add any sexual element to it. This is a sci-fi game first, and an adult game second. I don't think I have ever shied away from that.

If the main character being a minority makes someone uncomfortable, but they still like the story. That's perfect, that means I'm striking a chord as a writer and they are identifying with the 'other'. I never force the sex scenes on anyone, you can play through the whole game and never see a sex scene (you'll see some nudity, but that's it).

Maybe my views will change in future projects, but I don't think I will ever put the adult stuff over the story, character, and setting. Those should come first.
EXCELLENT STORYTELLING in a VN. Not a fan of the AA MC, Can't identify. NTR content is a user preference, just not one of mine.
On the other hand, All interspecies sexual relations transcend racism, and I like that sort of content, drawing a line at all the tentacle craziness. Hard to escape the social values we are imprinted with.
Great Job, Keep it up.
Captain RED

U

User_23654

Here is a compressed pc and mac version of v7.0.7!

PC (401MB): - - - -
Mac (391MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes