drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Just a little update to keep things lively around here about the game.
Just a look at some of the style I'm trying to push into Episode 8. It's the first episode I'm trying to use Depth of Field more. Also I am trying to have more characters in the backgrounds and such (we'll see if I can keep them consistent) like aj1 was talking about.

This episode is taking a long time (it's got over 40 sex scenes in it plus regular episode stuff (double regular episode stuff actually, since we have the Hegemony and Aloshan stuff)), and there's been a lot of rewriting and reworking to make it as good as possible (a preocess that continues). Things take time, I will keep you all informed. Helping with reaching our next Patreon goal will help get things done faster going forward (wink wink nudge nudge :p) We also just updated the websites, and themaddoctors.com now has a landing page for the Fantasy IF project (not many details there yet, it's still early)

Lastly,we do have fledgling social media accounts on instagram and facebook for you to keep up on things. Instagram.com/starshipinanna and faceboook.com/starshipinanna (Instagram is run by JamieH and is 'in-universe'. Facebook is more behind the scenes shots from devstreams and such). I also have a personal Instagram @ drmaddoc47

Last edited:

JueCity

Mar 13, 2019
Just a little update to keep things lively around here about the game.
View attachment 318630
Just a look at some of the style I'm trying to push into Episode 8. It's the first episode I'm trying to use Depth of Field more. Also I am trying to have more characters in the backgrounds and such (we'll see if I can keep them consistent) like aj1 was talking about.

This episode is taking a long time (it's got over 40 sex scenes in it plus regular episode stuff (double regular episode stuff actually, since we have the Hegemony and Aloshan stuff)), and there's been a lot of rewriting and reworking to make it as good as possible (a preocess that continues). Things take time, I will keep you all informed. Helping with reaching our next Patreon goal will help get things done faster going forward (wink wink nudge nudge :p) We also just updated the websites, and themaddoctors.com now has a landing page for the Fantasy IF project (not many details there yet, it's still early)

Lastly,we do have fledgling social media accounts on instagram and facebook for you to keep up on things. Instagram.com/starshipinanna and faceboook.com/starshipinanna (Instagram is run by JamieH and is 'in-universe'. Facebook is more behind the scenes shots from devstreams and such). I also have a personal Instagram @ drmaddoc47
Hopefully i will be able to sign up and become a patreon for this game by August this year as i start my new job in 12 days time (yippee) being without money sucks and i love this game and i really want to try and help you guys out in any way i can that said i really can't wait for the next episode to come out so until it comes out i have took on another game to pass the time and i am working my through the Mass Effect trilogy

Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Greetings,

Tonight is another Public Devstream, working on Episode 8. Come by, talk Starship Inanna (the game and the tabletop version) or the Fantasy IF story, ask questions, talk games and more. Then, for the last hour, join in the creation process as we do a Devstream Randomness art piece, chat decides the details.

8pm Central US time (GMT -5) at

See you there,
DMD47

Reactions: quinfax and UncleVT

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Is there an event code for the playtest at GenCon?
Greetings,

We will be in the First Exposure Playtest Hall, they run their stuff a little differently. When we have our timeslots I will of course post them here, but AFAIK they are first come first serve. That said, we are allowed to hold spots at the table so if you want to be in a slot and we have spots not already claimed in that slot, let us know who we're holding the spot for and we'll let them know at the desk who we are expecting.

I gotta print out our swag still (a small poster just for GenCon playtesters).

But like I said, I will let you all know ASAP when we get our timeslots.

DMD47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Just a pic of the PCs from the Patreon Playtests relaxing after completing the mission. This was decided upon by Backers during the recent devstream, there's is a devstream each Monday this month, and the 22nd @ 8pm Central US Time is the Public Access one.

The Patreon One-Shot follows a bunch of mercenaries in the Outer Colonies on a mission. Went over pretty well, everyone seemed to like it, got a bunch of lore in there too. We're having one more game for Patrons this month, then we'll have a new one-shot and crew for the GenCon playtests (we don't have our times yet, I'll post when we do). And then sometime after GenCon we'll introduce a new limited spot tier for a monthly Patreon Backer Starship Inanna RPG Campaign.

Both the Patreon Playtest and GenCon one shots will eventually be made public once the actual book is out (likely sometime next year).

As for Episode 8, those of you who follow my Instagram may have seen some of the technical difficulties I have been dealing with. Hasn't stopped progress, just slowed it. We're likely going to have the Patreon Alpha next month, and then public release either next month or Early September. Episode 9 I think will still be done this year (it's a bit smaller than Episode 8 and not nearly as many sex scenes).

That's about it for now, I'll update you all if anything comes up.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
And yet, the fear is always in the back of my head that this wonderfull story goes down the same rabbithole as others when the devs start to do "sideprojects"...
Side projects being other SI things or side projects being non SI stuff? Also what is the rabbit hole here?

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
Side projects being other SI things or side projects being non SI stuff? Also what is the rabbit hole here?
Pretty much anything that hasn't to do with the "main project", like creating other storys or an excessive amount of "petreon related stuff". I don't want to point fingers here, but theres a big thread about a story that hasn't had an update in 1 year and 4 months, yet the dev is telling us that "it will come" but all he does is pumping out "other stuff", if any at all.
And that's only one example of many.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse you or anything. I follow you and the story since Chapter 1. It's a fair warning, that one can lose its way. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomax

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
The same here
Pretty much anything that hasn't to do with the "main project", like creating other storys or an excessive amount of "petreon related stuff". I don't want to point fingers here, but theres a big thread about a story that hasn't had an update in 1 year and 4 months, yet the dev is telling us that "it will come" but all he does is pumping out "other stuff", if any at all.
And that's only one example of many.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse you or anything. I follow you and the story since Chapter 1. It's a fair warning, that one can lose its way. :)
And a fair one. That said, the creator has to deliver to their audience, but sometimes creativity falters and you have to change direction slightly, we need our breaks and our changes of pace too, or else the art suffers long term.

For me, Patreon content is something I put time into, because they are paying for it and I need to make a living, can't do that with just a free game that takes months between episodes just based on how much art and writing there is. A lot of these 'side' things are also building for Season 2 of Starship Inanna, where things like the Outer Colonies and what's been going on back home will get explored more. Running a campaign for a few hours a month is just a fun way to kinda build that up while also working on the plot notes and direction for future episodes and give something to fans who crave more lore and exploration.

All that being said, I spent 95% of my time working on the game itself, mostly writing/rewriting and setting up artwork (which also usually involves fixing up art that mis-rendered in the nightly batch, which is very very furstrating as of late). It just takes time, and I know people get bothered by the long dev times (that's why I do devstreams, so people can see how things are going, or ask questions to me directly etc.).

Hope that assuages some of your concerns. I know if there was absolutely nothing to show after a year except 'it's coming', I'd get frustrated too, that's why I'm really pushing to have Episode 8 and 9 out this year still and do regular updates on the Patreon and less frequent ones here. I try to keep you all updated on everything because some people here are interested in the side projects as evidenced by people asking when they can play at GenCon.

Reactions: Faceless0ne

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
You don't need to defend yourself (at least not in front of me), I'am painfully aware of how "current years" life works. Look, I know creativity can be a bitch but sometimes, especially when you (like me) decided to make a living with "artisan work", you just have to fight through that shit.
I myself got my first feedbacks from my alpha readers and you can't even imagine how little desire I have to do all the rewrites that are needed, another round of editing and then probably more rewrites... :ROFLMAO:

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Prepping for GenCon (still haven't gotten our times confirmed yet... which is very frustrating) but I doing some swag for the Con, and putting it to a vote, who are your 3 favorite characters?

Reactions: quinfax

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Greetings,

We have finally gotten our times for the GenCon playtest. We will be in the First Exposure Playtest Hall from 12-2pm every day of the Con. We have a max of 5 seats for our table, if you want to reserve a seat please let me know. Keep in mind they are not guaranteed right now, Patrons get first pick and a couple patrons have asked to reserve seats.

You will want tickets for this timeslot:

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Greetings,

We have finally gotten our times for the GenCon playtest. We will be in the First Exposure Playtest Hall from 12-2pm every day of the Con. We have a max of 5 seats for our table, if you want to reserve a seat please let me know. Keep in mind they are not guaranteed right now, Patrons get first pick and a couple patrons have asked to reserve seats.

You will want tickets for this timeslot:
Missed 90% of the con due to injury on wednesday night (stupid scooters). How did all this go?

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
Missed 90% of the con due to injury on wednesday night (stupid scooters). How did all this go?
Probably discussed in the next weekly update or in the dev stream, have you checked the Instagram pages.
instagram.com/starshipinanna
instagram.com/drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
It went very well (sorry to hear about your injury, those scooters were all over, and half the people on them didn't know how to drive them). Patreon weekly update going up tomorrow will have some info on it, and that post will go live for the public next wednesday (though I'm sure someone will leak it, seems to happen frequently)

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
any animations yet?
Not quite yet. We are about 75% of the way to the monthly goal for the hardware and stuff to do animations. With the sheer amount of images per episode doing animations requires a substantial upgrade, so I need the extra monthly income to really afford the new hardware.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes