drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Dear Mister Mad Docs,

You definitely have tons of imagination, and your storyline could very well be the base point of sci-fi series. I kindly encourage you to pursue your talent and develop this wonderfull story by either: writing a saga, creating a single player game/game story (something like elder scrolls) or why not write a script for a movie. I know i would be a fan and buy your product.

You have great talent for lore and attention for small details that make the difference between mainstream and something special.
I find myself looking for a fap game and ending up with a fantastic story with no fap in my mind. The world you started building here, with some carefull polishing and thorough planning, could end up on shelves rising towards Wheel of Time.

Congrats!
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me and the rest of my team when they read stuff like this.

As for further avenues, there are the short story series titled Home Front that's slowly coming out (Story 1: Message In A Bottle came out last year ( ), Story 2 is held up in editing while my editor deals with some serious health issues). I am already working on a Kani short story that fleshes out her time on Omri with plans to expand out from there to give glimpses of the histories of other characters. And of course we have the tabletop RPG in production which means a TON of lore and art and all that crunchy world building.

I used to dream of film and TV and such, but I'm not sure I would like what came as a result of such an endeavor. I am much more of a writer, to that end I am trying to slowly bring the novel aspect of 'visual novel' to the forefront a bit more as I continue SI.

It's hard when you've been writing dialogue with images as a crutch for years to suddenly go back to writing more description and bringing in more of the senses, but I am trying and I hope that can come across more as the episodes continue to come out.

As for a single player 3d RPG, I'd love it, but we do not have nearly enough coming in to field a team (heck, we barely make enough for me and Omar right now). Maybe I should make that a Patreon goal.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Tamara_Sanchez_Preview.png
There's a new poster, designed by accident during the last devstream, featuring Lt. Tamara Sanchez (mentioned briefly in Episode 8 under certain conditions) who will become a semi-regular character. Here you can see her modeling the new uniform top that will be in Episode 9. The poster has her only in the top, if you catch my meaning.

You can find it here:

You can find all the posters here:

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
View attachment 431319
There's a new poster, designed by accident during the last devstream, featuring Lt. Tamara Sanchez (mentioned briefly in Episode 8 under certain conditions) who will become a semi-regular character. Here you can see her modeling the new uniform top that will be in Episode 9. The poster has her only in the top, if you catch my meaning.

You can find it here:

You can find all the posters here:
Looks beautiful

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
Liking the weekly update, for the sole reason that i always love little details.

Also any plans for any updates past 8.5 or is it on to episode 9 now?

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Liking the weekly update, for the sole reason that i always love little details.

Also any plans for any updates past 8.5 or is it on to episode 9 now?
In my defense, I never planned for 8.5, or 8.1 or 8.2 etc. :) If more bug fixes come up then obviously I'll push out an update. That said I don't think there's any plans for an update beyond bug fixes. Omar has talks of doing a complete update to all the sound effects in the game (especially the first few episodes) but that has been a very slow process.

However, all that being said, it's been pretty much work on Episode 9 and get that done ASAP. Goal is still by the end of the year, but it may slip into first quarter of next year just based on the way I work (though this episode has been going a little smoother).

Reactions: quinfax and aj1

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Despite my continued illness (damn colds) I am doing a public devstream tonight @ 8pm CST (GMT -5), working on an Episode 9 action sequence. Devstream is open to the public. We may shift to a sex scene as well depending how things go / how I feel.

Reactions: quinfax

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
If I can suggest a filetype for the audio update, try Opus. You can get away with extremely low bitrates and have it be indistinguishable from source for most people. Works great for most music/sound files, even speech. You could probably cut the bitrate down to anywhere in between 64kbps to 128kbps vbr, it is made by the same people who made ogg/vorbis and ren'py supports it. Might be able to cut your audio size in half. Of course you would have to ABX to decide what bitrate is best for you.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
If I can suggest a filetype for the audio update, try Opus. You can get away with extremely low bitrates and have it be indistinguishable from source for most people. Works great for most music/sound files, even speech. You could probably cut the bitrate down to anywhere in between 64kbps to 128kbps vbr, it is made by the same people who made ogg/vorbis and ren'py supports it. Might be able to cut your audio size in half. Of course you would have to ABX to decide what bitrate is best for you.
Appreciate the info, I'll look into it.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
drmaddoc47
Found a bug in the Gallery. I don't have all images unlocked so couldn't check most of them, you might want to just click through them all to see if any others exist. Done on 8.5, the unlock is from a very old save though, so maybe that is the problem?

Gallery Ep 2 Male with 2nd to last image.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 167, in script
jump expression _in_replay
ScriptError: could not find label 'E2_Sam_Flashback'.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
drmaddoc47
Found a bug in the Gallery. I don't have all images unlocked so couldn't check most of them, you might want to just click through them all to see if any others exist. Done on 8.5, the unlock is from a very old save though, so maybe that is the problem?

Gallery Ep 2 Male with 2nd to last image.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 167, in script
jump expression _in_replay
ScriptError: could not find label 'E2_Sam_Flashback'.
Thank you, apparently in the midst of the gallery change that got deleted. I will fix it and push out an update tomorrow.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
drmaddoc47 congrats on having your game voted on the featured games list on the F95zone main page. Been around here for a while with interesting story and refreshing MC. Hopefully more people see and enjoy your game and maybe support if possible.

Last edited:

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
v8.5.1 now available
-Fixed Sam/Ashe scene not working in the Episode 2 Male Gallery
-Changed audio files to Opus to save memory and download size

Nazhara

Oct 8, 2019
Damn, this game is just so big, so many choices and flings/romances to pursue!
I feel like I'm in Mass Effect, love the game!
My fave girl so far is Nikka + Rin (too bad Ashe can't be lesbian though, she still looks lovely).

Reactions: Dysphorika

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Damn, this game is just so big, so many choices and flings/romances to pursue!
I feel like I'm in Mass Effect, love the game!
My fave girl so far is Nikka + Rin (too bad Ashe can't be lesbian though, she still looks lovely).
keep going then, Ashe gets... complex

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes