drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
v9.0.6 is out

-Fixed Erina sex scene (the Patreon Exclusive one) bypassing some side plot, all John's crew interactions, and continuing with main plot.
-Fixed Armin's sex scene allowing player to go back to walking around and choosing other sex scenes (which will break the save going forward, though I will try and work a check into Episode 10 to prevent it from breaking)
-Fixed Jane being mis-gendered in Adam's scene.
-Fixed Episode 4 float bug with Chole image (replaced with the way pans are done in Episode 9) (Alex5280 just saw your post about it)
-Fixed some typos
-Added a few images to the Pateron Exclusive Gallery for Asami and Tamara (more images and categories coming with the codex update)
-Credits updated to welcome new Patrons

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Text error:
Before the operation on the lab (Hegemony side, keeping lab tech alive.
Lilani talking:
"I must say, such a plan... the early says of the..."
Should be "days" ?

Another more glarring, on the base, Lilani take her gun out:
It is the MC thoughts.
"You see Lilanni move out of... You hope it is set opn stun...
No need to clear it, is there :p

Next error, on the planet to find "Father", description :
"Moving up you find a some contraction"

Last edited:
Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Text error:
Before the operation on the lab (Hegemony side, keeping lab tech alive.
Lilani talking:
"I must say, such a plan... the early says of the..."
Should be "days" ?

Another more glarring, on the base, Lilani take her gun out:
It is the MC thoughts.
"You see Lilanni move out of... You hope it is set opn stun...
No need to clear it, is there :p

Next error, on the planet to find "Father", description :
"Moving up you find a some contraction"
I really need to bring Jamie on to proofread episodes and not just the short stories and TTRPG stuff. Thank you, I'll fix those in the next update.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/E9_H_M.rpy", line 706, in <module>
NameError: name 'E9H_MQ_Arvada_1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E9_H_M.rpyc", line 699, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1026, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
This after meeting Dalton, as he ask if questions.
Hope the error explain why the MC suddenly talk true,
It must be a joke or something as there simply no question from the MC, It is all on Dalton, United Empire, not Titan, so, a war from the colony the Earth Lost ? Strange scene if anything.

Last edited:

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
I gave it the old college try, and while it looks good and I'm interested in playing it, I absolutely cannot stand the ze/zir garbage. It trips me up every time I see the word and as I came here specifically for the futa/trans tag, I can't even attempt to avoid it. Good luck with the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I gave it the old college try, and while it looks good and I'm interested in playing it, I absolutely cannot stand the ze/zir garbage. It trips me up every time I see the word and as I came here specifically for the futa/trans tag, I can't even attempt to avoid it. Good luck with the game.
There isn't any way around it.

Some of the alien species are gender neutral and don't have males or females so use gender neutral terms.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I gotta say, going specifically for the futa/trans tag yet not being able to handle the ze/zir stuff seems kinda odd to me. It's like saying "I only look for sports cars but the low seating position trips me up!"

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
I gotta say, going specifically for the futa/trans tag yet not being able to handle the ze/zir stuff seems kinda odd to me. It's like saying "I only look for sports cars but the low seating position trips me up!"
Ze and zir are not trans terms. They're non-binary, which really are in no way comparable.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E9_H_M.rpyc", line 699, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1026, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
This after meeting Dalton, as he ask if questions.
Hope the error explain why the MC suddenly talk true,
It must be a joke or something as there simply no question from the MC, It is all on Dalton, United Empire, not Titan, so, a war from the colony the Earth Lost ? Strange scene if anything.
That error was fixed in 9.0.5, as for the 'trustworthyness' he does cover that in a roundabout way, saying that there's no test or data he can provide that is beyond your doubt. The MC is only being truthful in one choice in the whole conversation, or at least that's my intention. Everything else is just base questions.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
It's still a weird thing for me to write and read years on in making the game, but I felt in this case it was appropriate for the characters. They are from races that either have no-sex organs whatsoever (and therefore no sexual dimorphism or even a concept of different gender roles) or have more than one sexual organ and therefore no specific gendered roles in their society (though there are gendered terms for a bearer of children and what we would call the 'father' they are not used beyond the relation to the one child)

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
It's still a weird thing for me to write and read years on in making the game, but I felt in this case it was appropriate for the characters. They are from races that either have no-sex organs whatsoever (and therefore no sexual dimorphism or even a concept of different gender roles) or have more than one sexual organ and therefore no specific gendered roles in their society (though there are gendered terms for a bearer of children and what we would call the 'father' they are not used beyond the relation to the one child)
Yeah tbh aliens is generally the only context in which I don't find myself subconsciously judging the use of ze/zir. It makes sense for alien species to have all sorts of odd genders and sexual configurations beyond the norms of what's possible in Earth biology. If I remember correctly the alien slug parasites from the old Animorphs kids books had a reproductive cycle where 3 "parents" dissolved themselves to meld their genetic material and then spawn forth the next generation from their remains so something wonky like ze/zir pronouns feels potentially fitting for totally inhuman reproduction.

Personally however for humans and humanoid species I tend to much rather the use of singular "they" as a pronoun. Basically my brain tends to register ze/zir as some sort of freaky alien thing... Part of the reason might be cause I most often see it used by hermaphroditic chimeric amalgam characters in the furry community... The moment I hear Ze/Zir my first thought is hermaphroditic panthertaur furries with 8 or more rows of breasts...

• Haha
Reactions: p22 and Lillen B.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Just made my way through the Hegemony route, and I was all set for it to end feeling a little disappointed, but ho boy, what a cliffhanger .

Some points:
-As others have said, the lack of lewds was regrettable. Granted, we do see a lot more skin than the Aloshans, but one image for an entire chapter is... well, you know.

-On a related note, the general lack of mischief and hijinks among your crew, given the (in?)auspicious situation of our illustrious captain, left me feeling like there was so much wasted potential here. Maybe we'll get there next episode, I know this was supposed to be the Aloshan focused one.

-Narratively speaking, I appreciate this story for it's willingness to feature some pretty heavy and controversial topics. I was expecting to be made uncomfortable, after all this build up about how terrible and awkward the situation could get. And yet, barring the final choice of the chapter (I hesitate to count the one where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
), it felt as though you were unwilling to touch your own subject matter with a ten foot pole, largely glazing over it in favor of less offensive pastures. I guess I can't blame you, especially with kids involved and slavery and all these other rough subjects. Very hard to walk the right line there. Still, it feels a bit like we made it all the way to Rivendell, the prelude to a grand adventure, and then Tolkien just went, 'and then they simply walked into Mordor. The end. And if you were hoping for something else along the way you're a horrible person. Good day, sir!'
All that said... That cliffhanger choice at the end. Now THAT is the kind of scumbaggery we play an rpg for!

-Could really use a proofread. Tons of typos and grammar bungling. Not unreadable by any means, but definitely noticable!

-I was so looking forward to finding out more about Lilani as a character, and yet I know nothing more about her than I did since she came on board! Also, how's Rachel doing with the whole indoctrination thing? Also what happened at that tournament back in like... episode 6? Also what was that butt plug and why did it explode in chapter one? How could it be that a secret facility filled with dead clones produced nothing interesting?? So many things I was hoping to learn. Anyway, enough rambling...

All told, not bad! Lots of room to grow. Looking very much forward to checking out the Aloshan side of things!

P.s. I forgot how much Rin Tarik as a centaur speaks to me and Ashe is adorable. (Guess what my threesome looks like:sneaky:)

P.s.s. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't have at least one proper orgy on the Inanna. Like, extremely. I don't care if you have to turn us into gerbils to do it, just make it happen, cap'n!

P.s.s.s. What the hell happened to Anaya? She was infected with a demonic baby like three episodes ago and as a person with a pregnancy fetish, I find this to be utterly egregious!

Last edited:
Reactions: Draxo

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Just made my way through the Hegemony route, and I was all set for it to end feeling a little disappointed, but ho boy, what a cliffhanger .

Some points:
-As others have said, the lack of lewds was regrettable. Granted, we do see a lot more skin than the Aloshans, but one image for an entire chapter is... well, you know.

-On a related note, the general lack of mischief and hijinks among your crew, given the (in?)auspicious situation of our illustrious captain, left me feeling like there was so much wasted potential here. Maybe we'll get there next episode, I know this was supposed to be the Aloshan focused one.

-Narratively speaking, I appreciate this story for it's willingness to feature some pretty heavy and controversial topics. I was expecting to be made uncomfortable, after all this build up about how terrible and awkward the situation could get. And yet, barring the final choice of the chapter (I hesitate to count the one where
), it felt as though you were unwilling to touch your own subject matter with a ten foot pole, largely glazing over it in favor of less offensive pastures. I guess I can't blame you, especially with kids involved and slavery and all these other rough subjects. Very hard to walk the right line there. Still, it feels a bit like we made it all the way to Rivendell, the prelude to a grand adventure, and then Tolkien just went, 'and then they simply walked into Mordor. The end. And if you were hoping for something else along the way you're a horrible person. Good day, sir!'
All that said... That cliffhanger choice at the end. Now THAT is the kind of scumbaggery we play an rpg for!

-Could really use a proofread. Tons of typos and grammar bungling. Not unreadable by any means, but definitely noticable!

-I was so looking forward to finding out more about Lilani as a character, and yet I know nothing more about her than I did since she came on board! Also, how's Rachel doing with the whole indoctrination thing? Also what happened at that tournament back in like... episode 6? Also what was that butt plug and why did it explode in chapter one? How could it be that a secret facility filled with dead clones produced nothing interesting?? So many things I was hoping to learn. Anyway, enough rambling...

All told, not bad! Lots of room to grow. Looking very much forward to checking out the Aloshan side of things!

P.s. I forgot how much Rin Tarik as a centaur speaks to me and Ashe is adorable. (Guess what my threesome looks like:sneaky:)

P.s.s. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't have at least one proper orgy on the Inanna. Like, extremely. I don't care if you have to turn us into gerbils to do it, just make it happen, cap'n!

P.s.s.s. What the hell happened to Anaya? She was infected with a demonic baby like three episodes ago and as a person with a pregnancy fetish, I find this to be utterly egregious!
There is certainly a lot of things I could have done differently with the Hegemony storyline, and I'm not too proud to say that I bit off way more than I could chew doing the split timeline, especially trying to do the sheer amount of sex scenes both episodes had between them. I definitely see why AAA devs don't have huge branches and choices early on in the story all that often.

The scumbaggery you speak of was a late addition, it was not even worked in until I think the final alpha iirc, as it never occurred to me that it was a route people would actually want to take (I play a Paragon Shepard exclusively with only a couple Renegade interrupts, if that helps where my mind set is). Needless to say it will be a very different story after making that choice.

A giant sex scene is unlikely to happen this season (though not impossible as I am rethinking things, see below), however that seed will have been planted if you picked Hegemony, and will certainly ripple into the next season so that the crew is more inclined toward maybe a bit more looseness with sex or even more willing for certain types of undercover work, etc etc. That was always the plan with that choice, that even after it's mostly over, it would still be affecting the crew and not just be forgotten.

Given the reactions of the Hegemony log images however, I might need to rethink some things for Episode 10. I honestly never expected them to hit so poorly. Perhaps because I was designing under the assumption that most people were playing both storylines and the content on the Aloshan side would offset the Hegemony side being slimmer for sex scenes much like Episode 8 had no sex scenes for Aloshan at all, and people seemed fine with it. Something for me to think about, though I already a have a few ideas percolating.

Lilani: we'll get to her next episode for sure

Anaya: late next episode/episode 11 (she's been in containment,
)

Lavringian lab: we'll get there Episode 11 and into next season

Rachel's indoctrination: Thing is kinda done after Cea's work in Episode 3, it's since resolved to therapy, some light medication, and meditation (something I hinted at, though never made explicitly clear, though her scene if you take her in Episode 9 definitely hints at it).

The Tournament: When I polish this season up for the eventual steam release of SI before S2 comes out, there's a few things I want to do. I want to fix some of the writing and characterization (especially early on), redo the artwork in earlier episodes (most definitely Episodes 1 and 2), and go back and add in some scenes that were cut for time, like the tournament.

Proofreader: Yes, I know. Bringing Jamie on full time to work on the episodes is the next Patreon goal, and he'd have to go through all the past episodes. I do not envy him that task (currently he does redlining in my Inanna short stories like the Homefront series and working on the TTRPG version of Starship Inanna).

Thanks for the points, this episode has been a learning experience in many ways. I aim to take the lessons to heart.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
I remember watching a behind-the-scenes thing Bioware put out after they finished ME2 talking about how fried everyone was trying to keep up with the decision tree spiraling out of control. I appreciate that you're even trying (and largely succeeding). There aren't many who have the fortitude to stick with a branching story like this! Hopefully, you'll be able to fold some of these paths back into the mainline to reduce workload at some point.

As far as your mindset on morality goes, it's pretty clear you're a Paragon, yeah, heh. It comes through in the way you write and present the game. Very moral and orderly:sneaky:. I was always a Paragon, too, when I was younger, but I've become much more of a grey wizard as I've gotten older. I do good where I can, and I have a good heart, but sometimes it's just more interesting to break the mold and explore something I wouldn't normally do. What's the point of a video game if not to be a lion with a heart of gold and enough demons in her closet that she cracks in a moment of temptation?

I like the idea that you mentioned of the experience having some permanence in the world; even after the mission's over, it might be hard to break some of the habits, good or bad. I was thinking while I was playing, 'it's going to feel so weird when everyone puts clothes back on at the end of all this and has to go back to normal...' I can't really imagine what it would be like to have that kind of intimacy with your friends (even if they're all hot) and to have to be completely at the mercy of your boss. That's gotta require quite a bit of trust. A trust which I'm surprised Rachel (and most of the crew) has, to be honest, considering what she'd just been through and how mad she was at you for having Ziya in your head. Not to mention being under 24/7 surveillance.
I will admit, though: I am, selfishly, kinda hoping the 'mistress' moniker sticks after the dust settles... at least for a few of the crew:devilish:.

As far as the Hegemony logs, I assume you mean the little blurb you get based on who your threesome was? If so, I don't think it was a bad idea at all. I thought mine was cute AF between Ashe and Rin. My issue is that it was the only instance of warmth or closeness that you got with any of the characters in the whole chapter. An issue that is resolved in spades if you play the Aloshan side of the story. I suppose I'm just confused as to why one side got all the marbles in this case, especially when the Hegemony side has such richness of opportunity for getting to hang out and have intimate moments with your crew. Why not split it more evenly? It doesn't bother me since I have saves for both sides, but if I did want to stick with one canon path through the game, this would feel like a pretty dry, cold chapter.

Good to hear that we're getting there on Lilani, Anaya, and some of the other cut/underdeveloped ideas. A preggo Anaya would be pretty neat, just sayin'! She was always one of my favorites. The enigmatic leatherbound valkyrie from Valhalla, lol.

Also good to know that you're planning an eventual steam release. I'll be looking forward to that! In the meantime, I'm gonna get back to working my way through the Aloshan side of 9!

P.s. WTB more than one *spend the night* option >.> There's too many cool cats on this boat, why do I gotta choose, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DisturbedMan

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
v9.1 Released:
-Fixed Erina scene not working in the gallery (no need to re-unlock, it will just work now)
-Fixed typos in numerous episodes (even a mis-gender from Episode 2)
-Fixed Alex not having a sex scene pop up with Jane in Episode 9 if you did in Episode 8 (requires replaying Episode 9 Hegemony to correct)
-Fixed Armin and Sam giving up the chance to pilot the Vanguard (if they were on the team they would sometimes not take the helm.)
-Added dialog about the Commander not flying the Vanguard if an Engineer (it’s been a while since they were in the pilot’s seat as stated if they are Tactical).
-Added save_name variables to Episode 9 Hegemony
-Added a bunch of music to Episode 9 (due to a sync issue though we’re still missing a few tracks, they will be included in a future update)
-Fixed some mis-gendering images in Episode 9 (Jane being John, John being Jane)
-Changed one choice in the Episode 9 Hegemony ending scenes to be descriptive rather than dialog.
-Added some wording to scene resulting from that choice.
-Cleaned up some dialog in that scene as well.
-Made latest Patreon Gallery Code unlock all previous ones to streamline the process.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes