tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Man did something change with the save files recently? Can't find the value for money or reputation and such anymore in them :unsure:
Nope, just edit the smaller save file and not the large one. They values should be at the end of the save file like always.

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
Man did something change with the save files recently? Can't find the value for money or reputation and such anymore in them :unsure:
Money is the 1st one next to "stats" Type "stats" in word pad to get to it easier. For reputation check what it is in your current game then you'll know which line it is in word pad.

Is this a bug? On the map I can't get to all fractions. I changed revolution thinking that maybe it... still the same though. Makes it hard to make war on a certain fraction. Would love to take out the one sitting on the bodies but not able to get to her with my fleet.
2nd After reloading the game with a save, events that only happen are only within the station or own bodies "planets you own.
Conclusion. This being a great game... these bugs suck!

Legion0047

Jun 24, 2018
how do i start the game in Linux?
The Stationmaker file has no extension and i can't figure out how to run it.

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
For those who, like me, are returning to the game after an extended absence, here's the most recent save game variable map that I could come up with.

The Array[11] Column NPC Character Sub-Variables:

SubVariableIndexDataType
acquired0String
obedience1Double
fear2Double
assignment3String
isVirgin4Boolean
rulesAssistantExempt5Boolean
prestige6Float
charisma7Float
fightingSkill8Float
sensitivity9Float

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Let me know if you spot any necessary corrections in there, please.

Last edited:

green_vortex

Jun 30, 2018
Can someone make tutorial on rules assistant, i always get random behavior periodically enabled autosale & other annoying things. in 0.26 Bug with slave UI freezing is back, likewise bug with flying artifact (penis) after sex scene!

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
how do i start the game in Linux?
The Stationmaker file has no extension and i can't figure out how to run it.
Did you check the permissions? You should be able to set it to execute like a program or just right click & select execute. Or you can execute it from the terminal.

Legion0047

Jun 24, 2018
Did you check the permissions? You should be able to set it to execute like a program or just right click & select execute. Or you can execute it from the terminal.
without a file extension i can't either execute it or run it in a terminal.
The file isn't stationmaster.sh or something like that, it's just stationmaster.

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
StationmasterDev I've been away from this game for a while and just finished a playthrough. I know you always get problems and criticisms so I thought I'd highlight some of my impressions on the changes you've made over the past year.

• The game, overall, is much more stable than a year ago. Even with 600 slaves, 500 tourists, and a very large 'station' my computer was pretty much able to keep up. I did notice minor stuttering, likely to do with auto-saves or something i/o intensive like that.
  • Related to this, path-finding seems to be much improved. In my last playthough I had to eliminate all walking locations so slaves/tourists had to "teleport" from place to place. 600 slaves and 500 tourists walking around would have been impossible but now, especially with the 'icon' representations at higher zooms, it's much easier!
  • Slave models are 1000x more attractive. I know this is subjective, and never finished, but kudos on good work
  • Building is sooooooooo much easier! No more carpal tunnel from a gazillion clicks. Being able to click, hold, and drag out 20 hotel rooms or spa pools is a dream.
  • Ctrl-Shift clicking on ship selection in the galaxy dream is also a huge savings on carpal tunnel!
  • All of the arena events work now! I can actually watch the race, fights, and xeno deaths. Wow!
  • I was initially annoyed with having to research stuff, but it's an excellent improvement in game-play! It really highlights the benefit of training slaves with intelligence.
  • The UI, especially icons, layout, etc has seen much improvement. I seems much simpler to navigate than old (i.e. 0.19) builds.
  • Diplomacy is actually functional! No more 'stealing' a foreign leader in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. Now I can actually interact with them.
  • Decorations are a nice touch. Adds some flavour to the game and makes the hallways and rooms less sterile!
So kudos on a lot of really good work over the past year. The game is much more playable and enjoyable!

Given the improvement in carpal tunnel, I did have some suggestions, when time permits:
  • As has been mentioned elsewhere, the ability to modify slaves beyond just the 'job' on the slave screen would be helpful. I did encounter the old bug with needing to click 'previous' and the back to 'next' to keep the screen from freezing up when moving between slaves.
  • Please add the ability to move between planets on the management screen without having to exit to the main list every time. When I'm managing governance of a planet (especially after taking over a system and having many to manage at once) it'd be nice to be able to click 'next' after finishing one to set everything up on the next one. This is especially true when I'm trying to set up proxies and whatnot.
  • It seemed like many of the events I'd seen in the past weren't available. Perhaps this is a temporary glitch but I wasn't able to sneak out and capture people in distress or camping or whatever was available before. How is a psychopathic sociopath slave owner supposed to get his kicks if he can't sneak away from time to time and reconnect with nature?
  • I don't know if it's possible given the table you're using in unity, but I wonder if there's a way to set up one column in the slave and planet tables with shaded pixels or single letters/symbols representing specific choices (i.e. clothing, drugs, etc for slaves, policies/improvements for planets). Put a legend down below and at a glance I can see which planet or slave needs attention. I'm sure I'm not explaining it correctly, but if I open my savegame in excel I can easily see all of the data and sort it by what I'm looking for.
    • An alternative might be a button for an 'expanded' management screen that I could scroll horizontally left and right that had all of the slave or planet's options contained in it.
Anyway, this has gotten too long. But thanks again for all your work. It's really showing and the game is much more fun!

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
without a file extension i can't either execute it or run it in a terminal.
The file isn't stationmaster.sh or something like that, it's just stationmaster.
File extensions aren't really required on Linux. Whether a file is executable or not is determined through a file attribute modified by the chmod command.

Reactions: bshippers

Legion0047

Jun 24, 2018
File extensions aren't really required on Linux. Whether a file is executable or not is determined through a file attribute modified by the chmod command.
Thanks.
It didn't throw a missing permission error, so i was confused what was going on.

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
Thanks.
It didn't throw a missing permission error, so i was confused what was going on.
If you `cat` the file does it have a shebang at the top? i.e. #/bin/bash or something like that? If it's not executable you might be able to run it without making it executable
Bash:
bash ./stationmaster

BortBit

Aug 25, 2018
FYI: Sex scenes with your slaves seems to break if you set your PC avatar to female with a penis. The slave's positioning seems normal, but the female body for the PC gets twisted and frozen.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
FYI: Sex scenes with your slaves seems to break if you set your PC avatar to female with a penis. The slave's positioning seems normal, but the female body for the PC gets twisted and frozen.
Maybe that is what causes my saves to burnout. I always set mine to female with female body with dick, balls, ovaries, & vagina.

BortBit

Aug 25, 2018
From the looks of things, Slaves can pass along certain attributes, such as strength and such, to their children. The player character, however, doesn't seem to have those attributes, meaning any player offspring cannot pass along those same trained attributes.

Is the above a correct understanding all around? If so, is there a way to add those attributes to the player character?

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
A bug warning, don't build Neon Sculptures (decoration), because it can't be removed once installed, other decorations can be removed, at least the ones I tried.

Feb 6, 2018
StationmasterDev I've been away from this game for a while and just finished a playthrough. I know you always get problems and criticisms so I thought I'd highlight some of my impressions on the changes you've made over the past year.

• The game, overall, is much more stable than a year ago. Even with 600 slaves, 500 tourists, and a very large 'station' my computer was pretty much able to keep up. I did notice minor stuttering, likely to do with auto-saves or something i/o intensive like that.
  • Related to this, path-finding seems to be much improved. In my last playthough I had to eliminate all walking locations so slaves/tourists had to "teleport" from place to place. 600 slaves and 500 tourists walking around would have been impossible but now, especially with the 'icon' representations at higher zooms, it's much easier!
  • Slave models are 1000x more attractive. I know this is subjective, and never finished, but kudos on good work
  • Building is sooooooooo much easier! No more carpal tunnel from a gazillion clicks. Being able to click, hold, and drag out 20 hotel rooms or spa pools is a dream.
  • Ctrl-Shift clicking on ship selection in the galaxy dream is also a huge savings on carpal tunnel!
  • All of the arena events work now! I can actually watch the race, fights, and xeno deaths. Wow!
  • I was initially annoyed with having to research stuff, but it's an excellent improvement in game-play! It really highlights the benefit of training slaves with intelligence.
  • The UI, especially icons, layout, etc has seen much improvement. I seems much simpler to navigate than old (i.e. 0.19) builds.
  • Diplomacy is actually functional! No more 'stealing' a foreign leader in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. Now I can actually interact with them.
  • Decorations are a nice touch. Adds some flavour to the game and makes the hallways and rooms less sterile!
So kudos on a lot of really good work over the past year. The game is much more playable and enjoyable!

Given the improvement in carpal tunnel, I did have some suggestions, when time permits:
  • As has been mentioned elsewhere, the ability to modify slaves beyond just the 'job' on the slave screen would be helpful. I did encounter the old bug with needing to click 'previous' and the back to 'next' to keep the screen from freezing up when moving between slaves.
  • Please add the ability to move between planets on the management screen without having to exit to the main list every time. When I'm managing governance of a planet (especially after taking over a system and having many to manage at once) it'd be nice to be able to click 'next' after finishing one to set everything up on the next one. This is especially true when I'm trying to set up proxies and whatnot.
  • It seemed like many of the events I'd seen in the past weren't available. Perhaps this is a temporary glitch but I wasn't able to sneak out and capture people in distress or camping or whatever was available before. How is a psychopathic sociopath slave owner supposed to get his kicks if he can't sneak away from time to time and reconnect with nature?
  • I don't know if it's possible given the table you're using in unity, but I wonder if there's a way to set up one column in the slave and planet tables with shaded pixels or single letters/symbols representing specific choices (i.e. clothing, drugs, etc for slaves, policies/improvements for planets). Put a legend down below and at a glance I can see which planet or slave needs attention. I'm sure I'm not explaining it correctly, but if I open my savegame in excel I can easily see all of the data and sort it by what I'm looking for.
    • An alternative might be a button for an 'expanded' management screen that I could scroll horizontally left and right that had all of the slave or planet's options contained in it.
Anyway, this has gotten too long. But thanks again for all your work. It's really showing and the game is much more fun!
Good to know, answers to everything I was worried about, Ill try it again im hoping its not fucked up like it was last year

Reactions: bshippers

bshippers

Mar 14, 2018
Good to know, answers to everything I was worried about, Ill try it again im hoping its not fucked up like it was last year
Well it does seem that once you get past 500 slaves or so the game does start slowing down over time. But then when I restart it's quick as can be again, so it's almost like cruft is building up in memory and not getting garbage collected. Anyway, by the time I've gotten that large I've usually exhausted everything you can do anyway, so it's pretty much a moot point.

EDIT: last night I was experimenting with up to 900 slaves, and the game on my system just couldn't handle it. It actually seemed to start throttling the number of tourists to compensate, like it's got a max number of 'people' allowed on the station at any one time. When I had 500 slaves I had 500 tourists, but when I hit 900 I only got around 80.

But, again, it's a moot point because managing 900 slaves is a huge pain in the butt and not a lot of fun when the game is entering slide-show mode. I also only briefly experimented with rules and they seemed to work, but I didn't get nearly as complex with them as I did when I played last year.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 53 Votes