Rijin

Sep 25, 2017
Seems i encounter a bug - mine slaves go to sleep and dont want to wake up, anyone got anything similar?

Yepp and i guess it started after i "sold/deleted/removed/..." a break-in-stall with a girl in it (that appeared just before i hit the button btw)

poiman

Apr 10, 2017
Yepp and i guess it started after i "sold/deleted/removed/..." a break-in-stall with a girl in it (that appeared just before i hit the button btw)
I do similar shit, but honesty dont track when i got a bug, i notce it when i got around 30 slaves and everyone Just sleep :/

Rijin

Sep 25, 2017
hehe i was restructuring that area and the slave was stuck then so i noticed pretty imediatelly, that she was now somehow bound to a slavebed (i sold that one too btw but it didnt disappear even after i sold the actual room) was a "lucky" moment if this action led to the bug

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
A lot of text editors muck things up (or have settings to muck things up). Easier to recommend a hex editor, which will very reliably not cause any harm.

In more detail, the issue is that the serializer uses Unix-style line breaks (\n) instead of Windows style (\r\n) because it was like 10 seconds less effort for me to implement, and the deserializer doesn't properly handle \r because it doesn't have to. Text editors on Windows usually fuck with Unix-style line breaks and switch them to the Windows format because of standards (or imperialism, depending on who you ask), which breaks the save.
True in general they do, why I use Notepad++ or Sublime Text 3 both respect the Unix LF, Windows CR LF or Mac CR

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
I'm rather enjoying the premise and initial outing of this one!!! That said, it's sorely in need of an ability to rotate furniture and the map! Further, something that helps to sell the concept of management games like this and keep folks invested is a named, unique character or three with distinct personalities and basic backstories, though that's something not to be worried about till after core mechanics are well in place. In particular, some manner "administrative assistant" would fit well, rather than all your messages being pop up alerts on the left side, some of them coming from her or a "security chief".

Reactions: czertik

Rijin

Sep 25, 2017
I'm rather enjoying the premise and initial outing of this one!!! That said, it's sorely in need of an ability to rotate furniture and the map! .
you can do that with q and e (if i remember that correctly)

I'll try to fix that today, but no promises.
dont be in a rush with it dude. it seems to be graphical only. cash's still flowing into mc's pockets

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
That's right. Middle mouse button also rotates furniture, though that could be documented better.

I think I've fixed the "stuck" slaves in my dev environment (if you removed a slave at the wrong moment, it could crash the AI loop), and will include that in today's update.

RandRand87

Nov 18, 2017
Hello!

The monthly report is kinda useless... it was good in the very beginning, but more detailed stuff is required.

For example, should I upgrade my slaves with surgery? Does age affect anything? Is dairy a viable alternative to the brothel? Should I keep a few elite slaves on luxury rooms or many disobedient ones? What effect does different surgeries, hormones, etc have on my slaves ROI? (all those are not needed for simple games, but for X4 games like this it's the base for the entire operation).
I feel like super-slaves should be much much more expensive and make a ton of money.

About the military: I noticed many smaller ships are much better than few big ships, in part because they seem to get damaged easily (and if you have 1 or 2 it becomes war-stopping). I had a 10M single ship and couldn't do much (even at 100% chance of conquering, it got damaged), swapped it for 10x 1M ships and conquered like 5 solar systems without going back to my base.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Economic report is likely as good as it's going to get for now, because what you're suggesting would entail a whole new system instead of a simple notification, and that is crossing into the realm of a voting option in terms of scope.

As for the ships, you'll be happy to know that I've buffed the shit out of the big ones. They're still prone to breaking on critical failure (1/20 chance per ship, regardless of planet defenses), but will provide a much more significant boost to attack probability. It seems like the best strategy in the current update is to balance between small and big ships so you have some cannon fodder (as small ships will always be destroyed first).

Reactions: Q Who

TheNamed

May 13, 2018
Economic report: Simply resetting the monthly report each time so you see the current months rather than the total since game start would improve it.
Conquest is very easy as of 0.10a. Run a space brothel for a couple of hours, buy fleet with the proceeds, take superpower capital. I imagine this will get harder in later versions.
Read above that the latex improves obedience. Do any other clothing options have non-cosmetic effects? (For that matter, what do the different room improvements have on slaves using them? The hangers list fear.)
The build room layer seems superfluous - would be just as easy to build improvements directly rather than laying out a room outline first.
NPC's don't react yet to player atrocities. If the player's nuked a capitol and enslaved a dozen planetary rulers that were attacked unproved it seems odd to have a positive reputation thanks to a few nice hotel rooms and a row of girls displayed along the main corridor.
Would like lighter options in events - eg. for Party girl the player should be able to ask her out, not just drug and rape her.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I am really beginning to like this game a lot, despite the rough graphics and the fact that it makes my graphics card fan go nuts. The one consistent bug I seem to run into is about 33% of the time when I get an "Incoming Message" I will click on it, and it takes me to a starfield background with no message. I can't get back to the station and I can't exit the "message". All I can do is look at the pretty stars and alt-tab to close the program through Windows. Other that that weird pseudo-crash, this game will be fantastic if the graphics get optimized and it adds a similar level of interaction and control as Free Cities.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks! The "incoming message" bug is a known issue with the 0.10a beta from earlier this week. The version I released today should fix that.

Conquest is a little easier/harder now, depending on stage. Large planets got buffed, but so did big ships, so it depends on what you're attacking.

I like the build room layer because of the way it alters the look and feel of the surrounding areas. That will become more important as the station graphics get better though. It's also a bitch to change at this point, so it's here to stay.

NPC's are currently purely self-interested (though your reputation will decrease if you raid instead of conquering, because that's seen as the sort of thing a lawless pirate would do). That also might change in the future, but it kind of depends on where the priorities land.

Lighter options are on the list, but they're a bit of a slog for me to write because they're not really my preference. I'll likely get to them eventually, but it may be a while unless there is a crazy amount of demand. Whenever mod support gets added though, you'll be able to make your own, which might help some.

ArthSalem

Jun 3, 2017
By the way, I got an space screen with no way out on the enemy enslaved message of the Black Star Mercenary group ;)

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Thanks! The "incoming message" bug is a known issue with the 0.10a beta from earlier this week. The version I released today should fix that.
Good to know, I guess I missed that update!

Lighter options are on the list, but they're a bit of a slog for me to write because they're not really my preference. I'll likely get to them eventually, but it may be a while unless there is a crazy amount of demand. Whenever mod support gets added though, you'll be able to make your own, which might help some.
If you're interested, I'd be happy to do a little writing on the side for this, gratis and uncredited. You could send a list of the events you'd like to expand, and I could send you back a document with text indicating field merges for involved names, resulting buff and/or penalties, camera angle changes etc. No risk to you, because if you don't like them you're under no obligation to use them, I won't get my nose out of joint, I'm easy like Sunday morning.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I'm definitely interested, but documenting the scripting language I wrote is going to take some time (that's most of the reason why mod support is its own voting option). I might include it before it gets voted for, but we'll see.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes