mkdumb

Jan 3, 2019
I have a strange bug now
When i go on the galaxy map i get a black screen
And it's game related
i mean no matter what save i load, if it's a save from my first game then i have this bug
The galaxy map does not load properly, only black screen
If i restart my computer, same
If i launch a new game, then it works
So i can't play my game anymore, the only thing i can do at this point is launching a new game, which i don't want to

I have seen i end always on the same planet when i first launch the galaxy map
no matter what save i load.
Even the very first save where i don't have access to the galaxy map yet
So i guess there is a file corrupted somewhere
But i couldn't figure which one yet
I tried to remove almost all cache files i could without success

Maybe some registery key?
This have something to do with the current game i'm playing & it have to be stored somewhere because restarting the computer does not solve the issue.

MickE2020

Mar 17, 2020
I have a strange bug now
When i go on the galaxy map i get a black screen
And it's game related
i mean no matter what save i load, if it's a save from my first game then i have this bug
The galaxy map does not load properly, only black screen
If i restart my computer, same
If i launch a new game, then it works
So i can't play my game anymore, the only thing i can do at this point is launching a new game, which i don't want to

I have seen i end always on the same planet when i first launch the galaxy map
no matter what save i load.
Even the very first save where i don't have access to the galaxy map yet
So i guess there is a file corrupted somewhere
But i couldn't figure which one yet
I tried to remove almost all cache files i could without success

Maybe some registery key?
This have something to do with the current game i'm playing & it have to be stored somewhere because restarting the computer does not solve the issue.
No. If it works fine with a new game. Then the problem is your save. You can try deleting the map save if you want to try to keep all of your slaves and station stats. If you look in the save folder. You will see 2 saves for each game. One is your station and related stats. The other one is the galaxy map. You will lose all of your planets. But you can save the rest. The corrupted file is your save. It might be just the map or your entire save. But from what you have posted, it is not a game file that you can fix. It is your save.

MickE2020

Mar 17, 2020
So how do you explain saves worked & same saves don't work anymore now?
They could have become corrupted somehow. I have had saves that became corrupted in various games, including Stationmaster. Some games do not have saves that go forward for an update because there have been changes.

Are you able to save a new game and then load the save and have the galaxy map work properly?

mkdumb

Jan 3, 2019
Yes this is working
Thanks for trying to help, really appreciate it
But it's not the issue here, saves are ok and i'm sure anyone can play with except me on my computer
The problem is i can't load this particular galaxy map from this game
I have the galaxy but no stars, no area, nothing, just the background
As you may have noticed, the galaxy map is random built at the beginning, and don't change after
And this particular galaxy map is corrupted on my computer somewhere :/

MickE2020

Mar 17, 2020
Yes this is working
Thanks for trying to help, really appreciate it
But it's not the issue here, saves are ok and i'm sure anyone can play with except me on my computer
The problem is i can't load this particular galaxy map from this game
I have the galaxy but no stars, no area, nothing, just the background
As you may have noticed, the galaxy map is random built at the beginning, and don't change after
And this particular galaxy map is corrupted on my computer somewhere :/
I know. That is why I suggested you delete the galaxy map portion of your save. A new galaxy would be generated and you would be able to keep the rest of your game.
I am almost positive the problem is your save. Why don't you upload it and I can test it.

mkdumb

Jan 3, 2019
Here are 2 saves
one from the very beginning & one from the point i want to continue

I tried to delete the galaxy save & it's not loading anything anymore so this is not working
I put some other save in place & this is working but i loose all proxies & i expect more issues later

Last edited:

MickE2020

Mar 17, 2020
Here are 2 saves
one from the very beginning & one from the point i want to continue

I tried to delete the galaxy save & it's not loading anything anymore so this is not working
I put some other save in place & this is working but i loose all proxies & i expect more issues later
It looks like your maps are toast. I could not get either save to load the galaxy map. I was able to get the save with a billion slaves to accept a new galaxy map. The save no longer has 502 planets. But the station is complete with a new galaxy map.

mkdumb

Jan 3, 2019
Ok thx for trying then,
but how is it possible everything worked fine until some point where nothing works anymore
To me this have no sense at all

edit :
I found the issue and it's a tricky one^^
So the difference between works & doesn't work is that in between i changed the language
So the decimal symbol switched from , to . and from this point all saves coudn't work anymore
Back to the previous state it's working again.
And that's why you can't load the saves, it's because your system use . as decimal symbol
put , to test and i'm sure you will get the save to load.

Last edited:

MickE2020

Mar 17, 2020
Ok thx for trying then,
but how is it possible everything worked fine until some point where nothing works anymore
To me this have no sense at all

edit :
I found the issue and it's a tricky one^^
So the difference between works & doesn't work is that in between i changed the language
So the decimal symbol switched from , to . and from this point all saves coudn't work anymore
Back to the previous state it's working again.
And that's why you can't load the saves, it's because your system use . as decimal symbol
put , to test and i'm sure you will get the save to load.
LOL, so it was your save all along as I said. If you had mentioned that you translated the save I would have known for sure. See, your save was corrupted.

A corrupted save was the only possibility. Once you told me a new save was working fine. If it was a game file, all saves would turn out corrupted.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
Still unable to get the linux version extracted. Maybe It's something I'm doing. Ark didn't do it, 7zip didn't do it. Confused as hell now tbh

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Still unable to get the linux version extracted. Maybe It's something I'm doing. Ark didn't do it, 7zip didn't do it. Confused as hell now tbh
How are you trying to extract the files and what error message do you get?

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Something to note: there are currently no repercussions for going negative as much as you want. Or at least I have not found any. One time I decided to recruit only one slave for research, made as many hydro as I could and called it day, only checking for events. Same with whatever pops up: 1 000 000 for artifact? No problem! I suggest to block being able to buy hydro (or any other facility) and spend money on events that would exceed your current finances.

Last edited:

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Think I've mentioned this before but it's still a problem so i'll mention it again

Clipping on a lot of clothes, especially the new rope harness stuff is REALLY bad.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
There are 4 parts.
Still nothing. Now it says there isn't enough space & I know I have enough space. I have over 400gbs of free space left on this drive. Archive is just fucked up. Didn't have this issue when it was a single archive file.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Now it says there isn't enough space & I know I have enough space. I have over 400gbs of free space left on this drive. Archive is just fucked up.
Code:
# 7z t 581534-Stationmaster_028Linuxx64zippart1.rar

7-Zip [64] 16.02 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-05-21

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 1998999930 bytes (1907 MiB)

Testing archive: 581534-Stationmaster_028Linuxx64zippart1.rar
--
Path = 581534-Stationmaster_028Linuxx64zippart1.rar
Type = Rar5
Physical Size = 1998999930
Total Physical Size = 6140003917
Characteristics = Volume
Solid = -
Blocks = 1
Encrypted = -
Multivolume = +
Volume Index = 0
Volumes = 4

Everything is Ok
Size:       6140003030
Compressed: 6140003917

# unzip -t 581534-Stationmaster_028Linuxx64.zip
No errors detected in compressed data of 581534-Stationmaster_028Linuxx64.zip.
The problem is on your end.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 53 Votes