HimaKira

Jul 14, 2020
You are better off with 0.30a,

This was the version before the 1.0 (which on the hastily completion caused a lot of old and new bugs to appear, not getting into that). Only thing I'll say is I appreciate the effort to date.

https://f95zone.to/threads/stationmaster-v1-0-stationmasterdev.12143/page-170#post-3781372

thanks, I liked the concept of the game and it's mechanics. And I feel the same way, bugs in the game makes me want to play another game. But the dev is really devoted in the game and steadily worked it.

Sadly as I hate to admit it, I hope other devs also dedicate themselves to the game they are making just like this dev. I would gladly pay for a game like this after knowing they did their best to make their game than a half made game sold in their sites.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Copied from Patreon:

I've gotten a lot of new bug reports for Stationmaster 1.0, so I'm going to do a 1.1 patch before I get started on Quid Pro Quo 0.2. Please let me know if you're encountering any bugs that aren't on this list. I'd like to get as many as possible this time, and don't know how long it's going to be before 1.2.

Graphical

• Ball gag animation strangeness.
  • No clothes for NPC's on station.
  • PC Factory implant behaves unexpectedly.
  • PC pink skin.
  • Faction leaders offset in their offices.
  • Residual graphical issues after training.
  • Lag when zooming close to certain characters.
Gameplay
  • Intermittent softlock on slave market.
  • Loading screen text references restaurant.
  • Can't uncheck RA exempt.
  • Red box remains without X on certain events.
  • Speaker sometimes has human skin.
  • Slaves not showing up on inspect after conquer.
  • Intermittent Rules Assistant issues.
Can't Fix
  • H animation glitches (These are caused by some bad decisions I made early on, and probably aren't fixable without a massive rewrite. Quid Pro Quo will be a lot better once the final animations are in though).
  • Clothing Clipping (This would require hundreds of new textures, and I don't even know if it would work after that).

marthismywaifu

Mar 18, 2018
Hey, I've been trying to figure this out and I can't at all. How do the unique faction leader events trigger after you've enslaved them? I have two of them right now and neither event is triggering at all.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Slave events are random among your slaves, but you can speed things up by favoriting the faction leaders in your slave list.

Philotes

Jul 6, 2019
By "Not working" you mean the extra close button, right?
More importantly, none of the buttons can be pressed, I have to click next slave twice to even get out of the menu.

PS: I heard for some people, it is just occasional but for some reason, it happens every time for me.
PS2: I am using the mod collection. I tried updating and simplifying it but could not fix it by just editing the .txt
PS3: I confirmed it happens without the mod as well.

Also, starting a new game in 4k, the ui when selecting options does not scale, making it nearly unreadable. After the game start proper, the ui scales.

Last edited:

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
More importantly, none of the buttons can be pressed, I have to click next slave twice to even get out of the menu.
This happens when starting an interaction with the slave through the slave-list and having a [restart] happen.
(presumably having to close the -then- invisible list in order to click on any other buttons again, hence on the top right next slave button to get out of this "frozen" situation)

As for the mod one, I made a post for an alternative version here. (might not have everything the original one did, not sure, but shouldn't "freeze" like the original one at the moment when utilizing the slave-list, vanilla restarts during actual interaction will still cause it though but until then, this might help for the mod part temporarily unless we speak of 2 different ones)

Reactions: Philotes

Night

Nov 7, 2016
The worst bugs I got where the Alignment ones, in the sex sim and in various events that displayed characters (going through floor or too high/low). As for the sex sim I suggest at least adding an option to hide participants completely from the scene, that way if something in the interaction is broken you can hide it by only watching one actor at a time.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I agree with you here. There are a lot of promising and ambitious things he's done with this game, and I think that the are worth mention before anyone starts complaining about the state of the game like a petulant child.

However, the amount of devs who abandon a game in the middle of production just because things aren't working out... or because they got bored/distracted/decided to move onto a new game is remarkably high. Especially concerning content on this site. For people accepting money for their product, this isn't exactly a professional way to go about their business.

Now, I'm not saying that all applies here, because it doesn't appear to be the case just yet. But it's easy to understand how many people can get easily set off by what appears to be another dev who is abandoning a project. And it's easy to make this assumption if you're already a little jaded from all the abandonware on this site, and then see a project go from ver 0.29 to ver 1.0 overnight.

I actually got turned onto this game when someone mentioned it in the thread for Training Space Station. It was a passing comment to the effect of "Stationmaster's dev could learn a lot from this guy." So having enjoyed what was happening in the development of TSS, I gave Stationmaster a go. After playing Stationmaster some, I remember thinking that the remark was a bit harsh and that there was a lot of good stuff here. There definitely is a different artistic and design direction, but still solid content with some good unique ideas of its own.

That was a few months ago. Now taking into account what's just happened here, I'm starting to wonder if that remark was more on point than I had thought. Anyway, here's hoping he comes back to it some day.
I find it odd that I got no notification on this reply, oh well, I saw it now. As far as the jump from 0.30 to 1.0, that actually isn't normal, but happens when a game reaches 0.9 and isn't quite ready for 1.0, so devs continue to increment the number indefinitely until they feel it has reached the level they want in a 1.0 release. If there hadn't been so many issues, which are not necessarily the fault of the dev, we probably would have seen the jump from 0.9 instead on this game. I agree that there is an insane amount of projects on here that get abandoned, but those are what the abandoned tag is for. This is not one of them, though that jump from what some could percieve as an extremely early build, which in reality it is not, to a finished game could make it look that way.

So did it jump from v0.30 to v1.0 cos the dev wanna stop? OR The dev REALLY completed it without uploading all the version between v0.30 and v1.0?
It jumped because all he wanted to implement was done, 0.30 is actually way passed the usual point where a dev jumps to 1.0, which is the usual number indicating a content complete game, even though it doesn't look like it. The usual jump, assuming every step from start to finish goes smoothly and no major bugs require a dedicated fix release, is actually 0.9 to 1.0. In this case, there were some issues that needed a fix release, so the number got incremented.

fuckdoll to my understanding is you killing and taxidermy them into a sex doll (as in a blow up doll with human skin). fuckdoll stand is available in brothel.

Worker's isn't really shown, but the factory is on the middle of the map, use the mouse wheel to scroll down assuming you have built a factory. might wanna run through tutorial if you missed it.
Not necessarily, that can also refer to a slave whose job it is to just lay there and let you fuck them any time you desire, as is the case in Free Cities and this game.

This textures looks bad to me e.e have a nude uncensor?
They are supposed to be low quality, those are the low poly models. If they weren't low quality, you would be getting some fairly major performance issues.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does the Extreme Content mod works on the linux build?
It should, the mod file is just a picture that was renamed to .mod from whatever picture format it was originally and the game only looks for a file with the name of the extreme content mod file to unlock content that is actually still in the game itself. I think the current file is actually just a cat picture if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Flyer77

Georgebob10

Nov 25, 2019
Copied from Patreon:

I've gotten a lot of new bug reports for Stationmaster 1.0, so I'm going to do a 1.1 patch before I get started on Quid Pro Quo 0.2. Please let me know if you're encountering any bugs that aren't on this list. I'd like to get as many as possible this time, and don't know how long it's going to be before 1.2.

Graphical

• Ball gag animation strangeness.
  • No clothes for NPC's on station.
  • PC Factory implant behaves unexpectedly.
  • PC pink skin.
  • Faction leaders offset in their offices.
  • Residual graphical issues after training.
  • Lag when zooming close to certain characters.
Gameplay
  • Intermittent softlock on slave market.
  • Loading screen text references restaurant.
  • Can't uncheck RA exempt.
  • Red box remains without X on certain events.
  • Speaker sometimes has human skin.
  • Slaves not showing up on inspect after conquer.
  • Intermittent Rules Assistant issues.
Can't Fix
  • H animation glitches (These are caused by some bad decisions I made early on, and probably aren't fixable without a massive rewrite. Quid Pro Quo will be a lot better once the final animations are in though).
  • Clothing Clipping (This would require hundreds of new textures, and I don't even know if it would work after that).
I started the tutorial and am stuck at the slave market. I click to go in and then can't do anything but look at a generic model with the text 'Once you've found a slave you like, click on "Purchase" to bring them aboard'. No buttons of any kind and all I can do is rotate/zoom on the blank model.

Edit- also doesn't seem to be any option to leave the market without buying a slave. I was able to get into the market after skipping the tutorial, but then could not leave unless I bought a slave. Not sure what would happen if I didn't have the money for that.

Last edited:

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I started the tutorial and am stuck at the slave market. I click to go in and then can't do anything but look at a generic model with the text 'Once you've found a slave you like, click on "Purchase" to bring them aboard'. No buttons of any kind and all I can do is rotate/zoom on the blank model.

Edit- also doesn't seem to be any option to leave the market without buying a slave. I was able to get into the market after skipping the tutorial, but then could not leave unless I bought a slave. Not sure what would happen if I didn't have the money for that.
If you can make this happen again, please do so and send me the log at C:/users/[username]/appdata/locallow/Nobody You know/Stationmaster . I really want to fix this, but I haven't been able to trigger it on my machine.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes