StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Not sure if this is clear, but the SCP is The Foundation's perspective of an encounter with your security drone. That event is included in version 0.13.

As for the fighting pit:

Graphics test post from today:

Fighting pit: Proposed design
New Room: Fighting Pit, containing the following:

• Arena: Hosts fights between slaves
  • Lethal Arena: Like the arena, but fights are to the death
  • Xeno Arena: Slaves vs aliens
  • Audience Arena: Slaves vs citizens and tourists
  • Pit/Bleacher/Box seats: Tourists and citizens watch fights from here
  • Prep Station: Place for slaves to prepare before a fight
  • Bookie: Lets people place bets on fights, increasing revenue
New Artifact type: Xenos:

Xenos are alien species that are too inhuman to be adapted to regular slavery. They are rare creatures, and will have to be found by conquering planets or making the right choices in random events.
  • Defiler: A giant in every way
  • Sporemother: Infests and toys with her prey
  • Devourer: Swallows victims whole
Note: These are still up in the air, and are the most likely part of this design to change.

New stat: Fighting Skill

Increases with won battles. Skilled fighters earn more money from the crowd, win more often, and command a higher price on the market

New Assignments:

Fighter (one for each type) and Bookie

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
thx alot for the reply the fight pits looks more exciting then i thought, can't wait.

oh, so that's how the scp works, i thought it'd be the other way around as something like an artifact where the player would have to sacrifice a slave every month for a quota. thx for clearing it up, can't help but hope there's something like that in the future though well i guess the fight pit comes pretty close.

maybe something like being able to use slaves as food or toys for raising a pet xeno or as a seed bed :D?

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I really love this game!
I'll write a review later on how brilliant it is.

But I'm having issues with the game as after a while it become virtually impossible to play because of memory usage.
Above 150 slaves this games slows down, 250+ it lands on 5 fps regardless of graphic settings(I've checked the GPU usage and its fine, see system specs below)
But the memory used is between 10 and 12 GB.
When you get back from a conquering round the game grinds to a halt(even with 30 slaves)
Making assignment and reading the slaves' story difficult(I like the time you spent writing those stories, but now I just have to click "sell all slaves")
The restaurant pre-fabs slows down FPS significantly too.
So a major overhaul of performance would be needed.(this is also the scale to decide whether or not I'll become a patreon)

The assignment feature seems bugged because if you change settings(remove breast enlargement, add implants etc) on a created rule those aren't changed but carry on with the previous settings.
When having a few hundred slaves this feature is much needed.
It would be nice if the actual rule you created only are activated when you press "done"

The sorting on the slave page.
Would it be possible that the sorting one selects stays after you've summoned the slave.

I would like to see statistics on how many visitors you have on your station(hotel guests, citizens, tourists)
If it would be possible to add how many slaves that are currently in the different areas(brothel, suite, suite pet)?
You see the idle slaves but not how many who are actually "working"

The conquering of the galaxy, I really like this feature(I've captured one of the leaders and she is caged at my desk, see picture) But when you've created a massive armada you just invade the planets without problem and the only cost you have is to upgrade the defences on the bodies you captured.
What if repairing the space crafts cost money?
Also fuel costs could be implemented as a money sink.

When having a lot of slaves in delivery the player spends a lot of time allocating and clicking "breed in vat"
What if there was a "apply to all" and then have the station feature rules handling the allocation to rooms?

Some of the implants doesn't seem to work, for example the "reward" implant, I've had slaves in the brothel being tended to regularly and they have not had their obedience increased, neither does caging slaves increase their obedience. However it does seem to calm them down(decrease fear) having them in the dairy.
About the dairy, does "lactation" trigger automatically or does the player have to enable it per slave(or by using the station rules)?

A minor thing, when the game finds out you need more gates the "computer person" spawns in the 3d-viewer(see picture)

These are the things I've wish were fixed or considered. Where the performance part is crucial because I can't play this brilliant game!

Enslaved leader:

Planet person:

System specs:
CPU: Intel i5-7300HQ @2,5GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX1050 4GB

Reactions: puffy001

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Memory usage is the bane of my existence. I do memory optimizations almost every patch, so it's slowly improving, but there will always be some kind of limit there (I mostly blame the character library for this). You can increase the number of possible slaves by banning citizens or tourists, and it's likely that the cap will raise over time.

Restaurant slowdown is a known issue, though I'm still not quite sure what's causing it. It's on my list.

Money sinks are tricky. I have some ideas for late-game expensive items, but nothing that developed yet.

Will check on implants... I've tested them all, as far as I remember, but might have missed some bugs.

Planet person is a hilarious bug, and I'm tempted to keep her around.

Lactation triggers automatically when assigned to the dairy.

Unless I missed one, the rest of these are in the "Mystery Box" of procrastinated polish.

Reactions: Q Who and t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Unfortunately this didn't help.
I guess it has to do with the amount of slaves, in conjunction with guests spending quality time with them. Now I've noticed that the "informative text" on the slaves are flickering and the drop down to select their next assignment doesn't show.(and sometimes the 3d model of the girl doesn't display either)
A good income source is titty milk(tm) so I guess I have to only use them as hucows meanwhile you work on performance.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
Small idea for a money sink:
Enable an optional toggle to allow ships getting permanently destroyed in space combat. This would increase difficulty a lot i think. Maybe add a slider where you can choose a %-chance for damaged ships in combat to get destroyed permanently. This way everybody can adjust the difficulty to his liking from extremely difficult by choosing a 100% destructing chance to as it is by setting it to 0%.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Bluntly, if your game is lagging, you need to dispose of some slaves. No amount of optimization will make the quantity you can keep infinite, but I wanted to leave it open because there's a lot of variance in what peoples' machines can handle. The best I can do is increase the number, but that comes at the cost of time that could be used for bugfixes or new development (and there are some serious diminishing returns), so it's not my highest priority at the moment.

Reactions: t727 and Q Who

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
yea, hopefully you can smash the biggest performace raping basterdds in time. those fuckers better be afraid

but yea, i agree with the thing of some ships being completey destroyed, i mean if u have 32 drones and 12 fighters and all of them get fucked along side 2 bommers then yea, im prety sure some did get fucked royally.

asdie from things that are far off into the future such as terraforming solar systems and creating stations in astoroids, and what not.

i cant think of any other money sinks,

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Bluntly, if your game is lagging, you need to dispose of some slaves. No amount of optimization will make the quantity you can keep infinite, but I wanted to leave it open because there's a lot of variance in what peoples' machines can handle. The best I can do is increase the number, but that comes at the cost of time that could be used for bugfixes or new development (and there are some serious diminishing returns), so it's not my highest priority at the moment.
I don't get the appeal after you try it once. I did that the first time because the save I used started with 43 slaves. I think I reached 175 before I started a fresh dame, but it seemed more fun with less because I write something for each slave . that way when I talk to her she has her own little story. Right now I think I have 11, because I am just building the base waiting for more stuff for the slaves to do in .13. When you have sooo sooo many slaves, it is just a numbers thing.

Since some people will like huge numbers, Perhaps you can set a cap on how many slaves are displayed visually in the main view. but allow the list to be unlimited, and list them as not being Idle even if they are not displayed. That way people can have hundreds or thousands of kids. I am not a programmer but keeping a list seems easy and not memory demanding since it is just text. I dont know if generating a random selection to fit the cap is hard either. If so just the first 200 as an example will be displayed. BTW the first part was intended for the person having problems, I quoted the wrong post but I just added the suggestion of mixing text and visual aspects.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Bluntly, if your game is lagging, you need to dispose of some slaves. ...
I'll keep my slaves at a minimum. I didn't want to impose what your priorities should be, I just wanted to tell you where my issues with the game lies. I'm looking forward to the next release.

TheNamed

May 13, 2018
For me the key appeal of this game is quantity. Other games have finely crafted individual stories and artwork; this has the ability to sit at my desk, looking out over several women prostrate before me, others dancing and chained to posts behind them, a pet in the bed to each side, a ring of slaves in a constant orgy just behind me and dozens more caged around them waiting to take their turns. (That said, I've sat out the last couple of releases. Baby farming, ewwww.)

frank42

Donor
May 16, 2017
I have never kept more than 120 slaves . I find I make more money by building more restaurants. I also clean the save folder after every session.

pajac

Jun 25, 2017
Have you think aout caping the number of slaves with game mehancis like resorces. You could make a food resource that would cap the number of slaves you can hold. Having less room would make choseing to keep, or to sell a slave more meningfull. You could make it so that some planets would produce food so you woud have incentive to conquer. You could do the same with bulding materials for the station. Also you coul make hydroponic lab as a building that could help with food and milking could be helpfull too. You could also add xenos to certain planet types so if you want to have a snow beast for your fighting pit you would have to own a nuber of snow or ice planets that would produce certain number of snow beast for your station. If you want to have giant shark you need to have oceanic planets, for ash beast volcanic planets, for dinosaurs a primortal planet and so on...Having planets produce resorces instead of just money woud add extra depth to the game, since your station already produces money.

You could also add a teach tree, to change progression. Insdead of everything being avalible at start you could have yor reaserch unlock things over time. You start with shity wersions of rooms and machinery and ships and then you slovly unlock better stuf, with beter stuf you could conquer more of galaxy, do more stuff get more resoces and unlock even beter stuff. You could add a bulding labratory and you could make a smart slaves that are obidient to become your scientist, and you coud use other slaves for test subjects in the experiments sometimes geting horific or funny resaults. Experiment going wrong could change a slave in to a monster, that you could use for pit fights, or maybe it would maake them super fat, or tall, or skiniy or change the colour of their skin. You could make a tehnology to produce dolls from victims of fights and ther deaths. Maybe hveing a doll asembely bay where you could make a certain doll after some time like in grow vats. You could even make an implant to store the slave consciousness after death that would give you option to turn the slave to a doll. Maybe even ading ability to chose machine parts for them like a surgery center for robots. Planets that have ruins on them coul produce extra reserch. You could ad epeditions on some planets and abandoned space stations and derlict vessels, that could net you technology or rare beat or super rare slave.

Having less slaves could be ofset with giving them more depth. Giving your slaves RPG stats like the old xcoms woud be awsome and woud make slaves more meningfool. Slaves with higher skills could be more valuble and skils could transfer from parent to ofspring. Slaves with 100 obediance coud become your agents, your solders, engeniers, your scientist, bartenders, cooks, servants..Slaves with higher sex skill could sell them self for more money. Streingh, agility, intelegance, farming, cooking, charisma, obedience, slutynes could all be skills, that would improve the more the slave would use them. Slave markets could be locked in the begining of the game with tehnology or by conqering parts of the galaxy or maybe bu building it as a room. Also difrent planets could produce difrent slaves. Rare planets could produce rare slaves. Ocean planets could produce mermade girls and volcanic could produce dark skined ash girls.

I think your space station should represent the things you conqer and galaxy map should represent the streinght of your station. And yor slaves should reprisent bouth. One mehanic should integrate in to another and so on and on.

pajac

Jun 25, 2017
Also have you tough of haveing station multi layerd, expanding it in to difrent floors and not yust leinght and widh but also height.

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
Also have you tough of haveing station multi layerd, expanding it in to difrent floors and not yust leinght and widh but also height.
if i remmber corectly, the dev has adressed that in the past, i think the answear was would be too much hassle

i could be wrong it could be that its not posible with the way the game is. either way it is waht it is.

i found that if i scroll in it is alot less laggy

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Lots of interesting ideas here.

Lodadsaq is right about the tall station. Maybe for a sequel or a much later patch.

The original design actually had hydroponics and a food resource, but I cut them because I wanted to focus more on the slavery and less on resource management for alpha development. I might add them in the future, but it would represent a bit of a shift in focus. Still thinking about it.

I also had a laboratory in the first design document, but it didn't seem like there was enough content to hide furniture without the game feeling restraining. I've been meaning to add more progression to the station view, but still not sure if it will be through a laboratory or conquest.

As for slave stats, those comprise one of the voting options. It's currently the second most popular after the animation overhaul, so it likely won't be too long.

I've been interested in exploring dolls more from a narrative perspective since I introduced them, but there are a few other writing tasks that are higher priority for me (main storyline and faction leader characterisation), so it may be a while. Writing is extremely time-consuming, so it tends to get less time than the low-hanging fruit. I could easily spend two months on the faction leaders, but that would replace four major systems at my current pace.

Reactions: Q Who

DiableFripon

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, to start I want to say that this game is really great, probably one of the best I played.
I think I understood that the author has a lot of ambition for the future of his game, and I have some questions about the possible options to come:

will the customization of our avatar allow us to play a female?

in the same vein, is there a futa option? with the technology already available, I think an implent that will make you clit like a cock at will, it will not be impossible. (and that will justify female citizens is tourists who will fuck our slaves)

I love the events that allows to have actresses, and I wondered if in the future there will be another kind of celebrity available? for example singer, sportwoman or reality TV star ...?
and do you believe that it will be possible to make them resemble real celebrity? or give a tool to make them ourselves, share them can integrate them into the game?

seeing that we have more faith the opportunity to do good, it would be a cool able to frank our slaves in addition to selling them or killing them.

will there be terraforming options?

will an eugenistic program be available for ours planets?

and finally, will translation into another language be possible? is official or non-official?

I'm sorry for duplicates if it's questions we already had.
I do not speak English and the result of translate.google makes it very difficult to follow the conversation properly.

in any case congratulations for this game!

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
@throwaway734 Hey mate, I'd like to ask a question I've had on my mind for the last few builds.

Is it my graphics card thats having issues or does it seem that sometimes during gameplay, women and men have completely white eyes (as in untextured) its a very minor thing as it only seems to happen when on the station screen, and not during dialogue screens.

Its just sometimes, I see someone that seems like they're almost glowing white (Not sure why, but it seems that any time theres a missing texture, the places where the texture is white, it gets a weird glow(Maybe its Bloom?)).

This is the same in options, the checkboxes are a bit of a pain to see
if they're already checked, because the bloom almost drowns out the
little check mark.

This happens on max settings, not sure about the other settings, I was half tempted to to snoop around in the code and see if it was something I could fix on my own, but decided that it werent really worth it for such a small thing.

I can grab some screenshots if needed.

(I hope that was semi coherent, finally got a job again, however they're running me like a dog, 2 shifts a day, often up to 7 hours each shift XD being coherent is getting harder and harder :p)

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
No worries on the English, of course. I'm happy to answer questions.

All of the various gender options are a part of the "Gender Overhaul" stretch goal, which lost out to the fighting pit for this version. It was the second place though, so it likely won't be too long.

I'll try to allow you to edit faces/bodies with the mod support voting option.

It's funny - I'm sadistic enough that freeing slaves never occurred to me. I might add that in a future patch, but the screen is already getting cluttered.

Terraforming is a good idea, and I added it to the list (it should be easy).

Eugenics options were on the list a while ago, but I cut them because they were annoying to implement. They're on my list, and I made a note that you requested it.

Translation was something I thought about ages ago (and the game is designed to allow it), but the amount of text would make it pretty expensive. It currently has 50,000 words (more or less), which would make translation into one other language cost $6,300, or about five months' revenue. By the time the game is completed, I'd expect that to double (at least). It might happen in the far future if the game gets huge (or sooner if someone wants to volunteer), but it's not really feasible for now.

As for the white eyes, that was a global issue. I think it's fixed in the latest patron build though.

Reactions: Q Who
3.70 star(s) 53 Votes