OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Tried this game, artwork is pretty cool and attractive. Strongly disagree with others that found art a low point, I vastly prefer this to almost any other 2d graphic scheme, and it looks unique.

Unfortunately storywise the entire game plays as a beta-boy-rapist fantasy. Like ALL the paths. Even the ones that don't seem like it early on. They all come back to basically drugging the girl because you suck too much for her to want you without you drugging her. It gets tiresome. The "Frame Xandra' path gets about as far away from this theme as you can, yet even then, eventually it comes back in force:
View attachment 2983997
And from there till the end that path is filled with more of that crap.

While I realize many potential players may be younger, and the idea of groping a mentally unconscious girl gives them a boner, the pervasive nature of this theme threatens to turn off players outside that group. In other words, it's not a problem that it's there, it's that it exists on all paths, and all choices.
Why do you assume that's something exclusive to the young?

Oct 30, 2019
While I realize many potential players may be younger, and the idea of groping a mentally unconscious girl gives them a boner, the pervasive nature of this theme threatens to turn off players outside that group. In other words, it's not a problem that it's there, it's that it exists on all paths, and all choices.
Because I had a snuck premise in there of sleep rape negatively correlating with sexual experience. I could certainly be wrong, that's just what I was thinking when I wrote it.
....So on the whole I agree with what you're saying, and I think you present your argument well. I think you're right, most routes all end up hitting this one cluster of plot beats and the repetition gets tedious, more variation would be an improvement.

Having said that, it's really weird that you also just casually threw in a fact you made up.

relative prevalence of noncon fetishization/ rape fantasies in the general population is actually a pretty well studied topic, it's not even that your even like ambiguously wrong. You could have at least googled it or something!

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
....So on the whole I agree with what you're saying, and I think you present your argument well. I think you're right, most routes all end up hitting this one cluster of plot beats and the repetition gets tedious, more variation would be an improvement.

Having said that, it's really weird that you also just casually threw in a fact you made up.

relative prevalence of noncon fetishization/ rape fantasies in the general population is actually a pretty well studied topic, it's not even that your even like ambiguously wrong. You could have at least googled it or something!
It's not just "rape" persay - and I get where you're coming from if one views this as an attack on all non-consensual fetish stuff, but here it's this specific recurring theme of needing to "trick" her somehow. In a way I'd understand more or be more sympathetic if it was straight up rape, I'm referring to the pervasive idea of mind control across all paths. Even a 'rape' fantasy generally has an element of power dynamics and how their 'victim' reacts to them. This is just like having sex with a plastic doll.

Here, there's no reaction, because she's basically comatose. It's more equivalent to those who fantasize about sleep rape - and I'd feel on solid ground arguing that's a realm of the sexually inexperienced and/or youthful. That doesn't make it invalid, but it is rather tiresome to see it trotted out in every single in-game path.

Oct 30, 2019
It's not just "rape" persay - and I get where you're coming from if one views this as an attack on all non-consensual fetish stuff, but here it's this specific recurring theme of needing to "trick" her somehow. In a way I'd understand more or be more sympathetic if it was straight up rape, I'm referring to the pervasive idea of mind control across all paths. Even a 'rape' fantasy generally has an element of power dynamics and how their 'victim' reacts to them. This is just like having sex with a plastic doll.

No, I understood that you were not criticizing the game just because it did rape fetish stuff and that's it, you were saying you felt the specific "trick" dynamic was overused and got repetitive. a solid majority of the criticisms and general complaining on this site is just people trying to litigate the correctness of various fetishes. It was good that you were instead making a criticism in terms of writing quality!

It's more equivalent to those who fantasize about sleep rape - and I'd feel on solid ground arguing that's a realm of the sexually inexperienced and/or youthful.
Truthfully my intuition is that your claim is very much not on solid ground, it sounds pretty fake. But you do sound confident! Do you have empirical evidence here, if you have some study that got that result it would be nice to see it,speaking genuinely. If instead you just thought of an explanation for why your claim makes logical sense and we should expect it to end up being true, you should also share that, that also sounds fun to hear.

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
When xandra fucks the merc for intels, thats still sharing, maybe even Netorare, because the MC seemed like unaware that she was fucking him plus the her saying that he is just a cuck etc, if she was just acting and he was aware of it then its sharing, I stopped playing there because I'm not into cuck/sharing stuff, but still good Luck with the game.(y)
Thanks for pointing this out, you saved me from downloading it.

Also it sounds to be like the scene being discribed here is NTR, not swinging/sharing.

Swinging = swapping partners
Sharing = Sharing a partner with a 3rd person
NTR = a whole bag of worms, but aspects like secrecy, name calling and denigration of the MC tend to fall under this heading.

In the example given above, the MC is both unaware and denigrated which would make it Netorare (classic ntr). If the MC was aware and still unwilling or powerless to stop the situation it would be Netorase (also called ntr on F95).

"cheating" as a tag is typically reserved for the MC and can sometimes encompass Netori (which is the MC stealing a partner from someone else).

To be clear here, I don't care what content you put in your game. It's your game so do whatever you want.

It should be tagged appropriately though, for transparency to players.

Best of Luck.

Slamjax

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Thanks for pointing this out, you saved me from downloading it.

Also it sounds to be like the scene being discribed here is NTR, not swinging/sharing.

Swinging = swapping partners
Sharing = Sharing a partner with a 3rd person
NTR = a whole bag of worms, but aspects like secrecy, name calling and denigration of the MC tend to fall under this heading.

In the example given above, the MC is both unaware and denigrated which would make it Netorare (classic ntr). If the MC was aware and still unwilling or powerless to stop the situation it would be Netorase (also called ntr on F95).

"cheating" as a tag is typically reserved for the MC and can sometimes encompass Netori (which is the MC stealing a partner from someone else).

To be clear here, I don't care what content you put in your game. It's your game so do whatever you want.

It should be tagged appropriately though, for transparency to players.

Best of Luck.
The scene was not Netorare.
Thanks for posting.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
When xandra fucks the merc for intels, thats still sharing, maybe even Netorare, because the MC seemed like unaware that she was fucking him plus the her saying that he is just a cuck etc, if she was just acting and he was aware of it then its sharing, I stopped playing there because I'm not into cuck/sharing stuff, but still good Luck with the game.(y)
dude even if your assessment is correct, (I don't agree with it), but even if we take that to be true, that's what like 1 outcome out of maybe FOURTY? A big upside to this game is the sheer number of gameplay paths, just pick a different option if you don't like that one.
Truthfully my intuition is that your claim is very much not on solid ground, it sounds pretty fake. But you do sound confident! Do you have empirical evidence here, if you have some study that got that result it would be nice to see it,speaking genuinely. If instead you just thought of an explanation for why your claim makes logical sense and we should expect it to end up being true, you should also share that, that also sounds fun to hear.
You're absolutely correct in that assumption. My take on it comes only from real world experiences, mostly in my friends and acquaintances group. However, as most studies on this issue will gather data from self-reported surveys, I take their conclusions with a grain of salt.

I don't know if there have been any studies relying on quantitative data for this; some studies on human sexuality certainly have done so - i.e. hooking up sensors and measuring a person's neurological responses to different stimuli.

Again, In my own experience -the only times I've heard people express titillation from the idea of doing stuff with a passed out girl, the speaker was definitely the socially awkward and sexually inexperienced type.

Reactions: BadCuban42

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Switch to text-based. The visuals are a boner killer and with the amount of branching it will never get anywhere otherwise.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
StellarIncognita-0.5.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
UAGC.gif
Stellar Incognita [v0.5.5] [Slamjax Games]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 624 MB

PC/MAC: - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

root

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 9, 2016
artwork reminds me old game 'Celeste Blake: The Evindium Affair' Dracis3D :unsure:

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
If there's one thing I would suggest to add, it's a list of all endings.
I mean, if you're going to make dozens of endings , some up to 140ish or so, you should make an actual list of them so you can check which i've gotten or not.

Slamjax

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
If there's one thing I would suggest to add, it's a list of all endings.
I mean, if you're going to make dozens of endings , some up to 140ish or so, you should make an actual list of them so you can check which i've gotten or not.
I'll see what I can do when the game is complete this year (2024).

• Red Heart
Reactions: blademaster89
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes