wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I love the two different approaches taken by the haters:
- we cannot make Riley enter the convent and lead a peaceful rural life with her husband,
- this game is nonsense, because I played for four hours and didn't even stand up for me, because there weren't enough sex scenes and fucking.
That's kinda why I said awhile ago to pay attention to the Patreons and now the Steam comments that actually support the game. These forum are more like Youtube comment sections, you will gather some useful information but you will have to dive into a steaming pile of shit to get to the useful information. I really do appreciate your interaction here with the people who appreciate the game but the more popular this game is the more idiots will be attracted to it like flies to dung.

What the fuck do I know though I gave up on my VN before it really got started. Creating these VN's is more difficult than most people think, trying to provide a consistent story with multiple paths and good renders and animations takes a tremendous amount of talent. I realize that but 99% of non developers don't.

Fooxied your doing amazing work, don't let the hate get you down. You and your team have achieved a lot in a very short time frame and congratulations on getting your game approved by Steam. I wish you nothing but success as do many other here so ignore the hate in my opinion.

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
You are twisting it. Im not saying that she should stay by her husband. As i said earlier, its the missing options that i talk about... You could just admit that it was a bad idea to not give the option. I mean, it can only get worse now. I cant see her after that saying "oh now, i cheated by blowing BUT i dont do anything more with him!" BUT hey! At least we hat the option to stop kissing Ivy.:rolleyes:

You should be able to choose the partners you are interacting with in a game. Its a standard. Everything else is subpar.
Okay, I agree, that's something we could definitely fix and change, but there is significant difference between Ivy kiss and Dean blow. She has to face the consequences then of Miguel being fired and Riely expelled from school.

What are the downsides? it significantly affects the plot and its pacing in relation to other threads or, at the very least, requires many additional scenes not connected to any other thread. At the end of the day, this is a game for adults and 90% of players, however, expect such and not other content, and those who choose this option will only do it to see what it leads to and then return to the previous one.

Why is this problematic? Because it takes time to create scenes, I can spend two months making 1,000 renders just for this direction that few people will want to check or create meaningful decisions that change future fetishes.

Aug 20, 2023
You are twisting it. Im not saying that she should stay by her husband. As i said earlier, its the missing options that i talk about... You could just admit that it was a bad idea to not give the option. I mean, it can only get worse now. I cant see her after that saying "oh now, i cheated by blowing BUT i dont do anything more with him!" BUT hey! At least we hat the option to stop kissing Ivy.:rolleyes:

You should be able to choose the partners you are interacting with in a game. Its a standard. Everything else is subpar.
I understand your point of view and I agree with having more options to choose from, otherwise the game becomes a soap opera with a ready-made script. The player has to decide whether Riley will be a whore or not. I like NTR so I always choose the options of the girl cheating on her husband, if there was an option for her to pay the weekly debt with sex it would be very good, not always but at least once in a while that option would have to appear. EVERY time the guy arrives and she pays with cash even though he asks if she could pay another way, she doesn't accept, as if she were a "sinless". is always like this, she pays, he leaves, she doesn't pay, she dies! EVER!

Reactions: GrimX95 and Obranyi

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I understand your point of view and I agree with having more options to choose from, otherwise the game becomes a soap opera with a ready-made script. The player has to decide whether Riley will be a whore or not. I like NTR so I always choose the options of the girl cheating on her husband, if there was an option for her to pay the weekly debt with sex it would be very good, not always but at least once in a while that option would have to appear. EVERY time the guy arrives and she pays with cash even though he asks if she could pay another way, she doesn't accept, as if she were a "sinless". is always like this, she pays, he leaves, she doesn't pay, she dies! EVER!
It. Requires. Time.

That plot is not ended yet, all of the people that play AVN games have to understand at some point that... Everything. Requires. Time.
If you don't like unfinished things, you should wait for full release and then complain about unfinished business. EVER! (sorry, I had to).

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Okay, I agree, that's something we could definitely fix and change, but there is significant difference between Ivy kiss and Dean blow. She has to face the consequences then of Miguel being fired and Riely expelled from school.

What are the downsides? it significantly affects the plot and its pacing in relation to other threads or, at the very least, requires many additional scenes not connected to any other thread. At the end of the day, this is a game for adults and 90% of players, however, expect such and not other content, and those who choose this option will only do it to see what it leads to and then return to the previous one.

Why is this problematic? Because it takes time to create scenes, I can spend two months making 1,000 renders just for this direction that few people will want to check or create meaningful decisions that change future fetishes.
So do i understand it correctly that the essence is rather fewer or no choices at all than more more work?

Besides this i assure you that your 90% of players rather play choice driven games than kinetic novels or games with meaningless choices.;)

But be it as it may, generally i like your game and hope that there will be more agency further on. I would rather see her being in a game like Good Girl Gone Bad where i can choose how she will be than a park bench used by everyone and their neighbor.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
It. Requires. Time.

That plot is not ended yet, all of the people that play AVN games have to understand at some point that... Everything. Requires. Time.
If you don't like unfinished things, you should wait for full release and then complain about unfinished business. EVER! (sorry, I had to).
My big question is was the moment with the dean the 'interesting moment' described here "The second reason was that we wanted to get to the "interesting" moment in the game first and only then start separating it into different branches."

If yes, I'm okay with that. As you say, there is too much work to make every event have a choice to branch. But that needs a bit of a light touch if you want it to stay a game and not a kinetic novel. Is that interesting moment later?

Reactions: GrimX95

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
So do i understand it correctly that the essence is rather fewer or no choices at all than more more work?

Besides this i assure you that your 90% of players rather play choice driven games than kinetic novels or games with meaningless choices.;)

But be it as it may, generally i like your game and hope that there will be more agency further on. I would rather see her being in a game like Good Girl Gone Bad where i can choose how she will be than a park bench used by everyone and their neighbor.
You did not understand what I wrote at all. And I really don't want to be mean or something. I just wanted to say that some choices might see meaningful, but in result they lead to situations that are NOT excited or anything (like the one with Dean and what I described above). Instead I prefer to make future choices that show different kinks/fetishes.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
My big question is was the moment with the dean the 'interesting moment' described here "The second reason was that we wanted to get to the "interesting" moment in the game first and only then start separating it into different branches."

If yes, I'm okay with that. As you say, there is too much work to make every event have a choice to branch. But that needs a bit of a light touch if you want it to stay a game and not a kinetic novel. Is that interesting moment later?
Yes, and I still maintain this opinion. Solo developer can't do all the possibilities in the game, because then instead of long it gets wide, and the player who wants to play one plot has to wait a year for it.

fioaja

Oct 13, 2021
How can i move on from Mike's lucky day? There is nothing to interact with in the living room, how can i trigger this?

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I've said it many times before, but I'm happy to say it again. I would love to create a game where Riley can continue to be a normal girl, go to therapy with her husband, and find a solution from the situation together. I would even like to follow this thread and see that, but.... it is impossible. We don't have such a financial background and people to work on the project that it wouldn't take 20 years to create it. Maybe someday, maybe in the future when we are financially independent, but currently it is impossible.

And I'll say it again, I like choices, there will be choices, but they have to be added in a thoughtful way, so that each update gives the right dose of new content, not just expanding it.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Yes, and I still maintain this opinion. Solo developer can't do all the possibilities in the game, because then instead of long it gets wide, and the player who wants to play one plot has to wait a year for it.
Addendum question, is Riley always going to be under the Dean's thumb? That would probably be my red-line. Maybe there's a branch to stay a blackmailed and exploited sex-puppet for the dean, and maybe there's a branch for doing a sting, getting your own blackmail material, and ending all future abuse from him. Ideally, in my mind, he'd be fired, go to jail, and there'd be a new dean, but that probably falls under too much extra work. But having him still be in all the main scenes, but just leave Riley alone afterwards seems like it might be more doable.

Reactions: Quetzzz and Fooxied
Dec 28, 2017

There has to be no choice -IF- the author is telling a story that is already planned.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Addendum question, is Riley always going to be under the Dean's thumb? That would probably be my red-line. Maybe there's a branch to stay a blackmailed and exploited sex-puppet for the dean, and maybe there's a branch for doing a sting, getting your own blackmail material, and ending all future abuse from him. Ideally, in my mind, he'd be fired, go to jail, and there'd be a new dean, but that probably falls under too much extra work. But having him still be in all the main scenes, but just leave Riley alone afterwards seems like it might be more doable.
I wrote a longer message about this on my Patreon if you'd like to read it. In summary, after considering some issues based on a few opinions (mostly from haters, but not just them), I concluded that we could take a small step back to make the game more 'accessible.' We can't make drastic changes like having the character end up in jail, as it wouldn't add much interest and would take too much time. However, we can approach it in a way that allows players who dislike certain aspects to voice their protest in some manner. It won't always be possible, but as I mentioned on Patreon as well, this game revolves around specific themes, and we'll maintain those themes.

fioaja

Oct 13, 2021
How can i move on from Mike's lucky day? There is nothing to interact with in the living room, how can i trigger this?
Should've mentioned i ran into an error earlier:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scenes/richard/2r.rpy", line 142, in <module>
  File "game/quest.rpy", line 15, in finish_quest
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/richard/2r.rpyc", line 142, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Should've mentioned i ran into an error earlier:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/richard/2r.rpyc", line 142, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\g\StepsOfDebaucheryEpisode2.0-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
Are you playing our version of the game or some port or compression? If our version, did you use old save or new one and show me please the quest log.

Reactions: Ass Fan

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I wrote a longer message about this on my Patreon if you'd like to read it. In summary, after considering some issues based on a few opinions (mostly from haters, but not just them), I concluded that we could take a small step back to make the game more 'accessible.' We can't make drastic changes like having the character end up in jail, as it wouldn't add much interest and would take too much time. However, we can approach it in a way that allows players who dislike certain aspects to voice their protest in some manner. It won't always be possible, but as I mentioned on Patreon as well, this game revolves around specific themes, and we'll maintain those themes.
That all sounds nova. Having there be consequences to resisting the blackmail makes sense and could push Riley down other paths, more willingly. Riley becoming more 'corrupted' but under her own steam, like really diving into the likely streamer path for extra cash, etc., would be a great option, imo.

Just FYI, 'voice their protest' sounds a lot like those designated protest areas that were mocked in Arrested Development. Not sure if it is meant to.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
That all sounds nova. Having there be consequences to resisting the blackmail makes sense and could push Riley down other paths, more willingly. Riley becoming more 'corrupted' but under her own steam, like really diving into the likely streamer path for extra cash, etc., would be a great option, imo.

Just FYI, 'voice their protest' sounds a lot like those designated protest areas that were mocked in Arrested Development. Not sure if it is meant to.
I will handle that as the forced corruption was something mentioned before many times. And thank you, because that review was one that actually gave me something to think about compared to all the one-stars we got in the last two days.

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes