hubvan

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, and I still maintain this opinion. Solo developer can't do all the possibilities in the game, because then instead of long it gets wide, and the player who wants to play one plot has to wait a year for it.
This! I hate it when every possible path is followed and possibility is explored. Just make a game for bdsm, femdom, romance or whatever you are into so that I can immediatly discard or play what I want. Besides, who wants to play only 1/3 of a game anyway.

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
It's the normal pc version from this thread.
View attachment 3162603
There were problems with this quest before, I understand you played on your old save from episode 1.2? If you don't have packages on the couch in the living room then you probably need to start the game from the beginning, as there is a bug here that we are currently fixing.

Reactions: Ass Fan

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
I love the two different approaches taken by the haters:
- we cannot make Riley enter the convent and lead a peaceful rural life with her husband,
- this game is nonsense, because I played for four hours and didn't even stand up for me, because there weren't enough sex scenes and fucking.
cant please everyone but its always good to know the stats. the number of players who hate/like the game for each reasons could be a good reference for this and your future games.

This also reminds me of the "slow elevator" problem. Instead of trying to speed up the elevators, the management company simply installed mirrors and solved everything. A lot of customers ask for impossible solutions they don't really need and in the end there are usually way simpler method to solve their problems. This is the same for games, most players don't know what they really want, you just can't trust everything they say.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fooxied

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
Wait I'm confused. On the steam page it says...

"In Steps of Debauchery you get to be Riley, the star of the show, who's dealing with more obstacles than a squirrel trying to cross a busy highway. And guess what? Your choices are like the GPS for the story.

Will you go down the shady path of corruption and blackmail? Maybe you'll be the hero and take on the bad guys. Or, hey, joining the dark side could be your thing! "

So was this never the case or am I just reading wrong that it was always going down a single path? If so then maybe changing the description on the steam store might be an idea since it sounds like you can go up against the bad guys and win.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Wait I'm confused. On the steam page it says...

"In Steps of Debauchery you get to be Riley, the star of the show, who's dealing with more obstacles than a squirrel trying to cross a busy highway. And guess what? Your choices are like the GPS for the story.

Will you go down the shady path of corruption and blackmail? Maybe you'll be the hero and take on the bad guys. Or, hey, joining the dark side could be your thing! "

So was this never the case or am I just reading wrong that it was always going down a single path? If so then maybe changing the description on the steam store might be an idea since it sounds like you can go up against the bad guys and win.
There is also a dev note on the first page and game was released 3 months ago. It contains now like 10-15% of the things, we will create overall.

Reactions: Ass Fan

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
How can Riley become so careless after that sucky sucky session. Her reputation totally got ruined after students saw her with cum in her mouth and she didn't even realized it.
Hats off to the writer of this game for that amazing scene
'cause in that moment Riley changed her mind, her inner slut won, now she is free to finally be the real Riley.
How many wives are in her same conditions ?
How many wives are Riley hidden in a housewife ?
My wife likes take some "different" photos of her, then she keeps them hidden.
What if she, instead of a employee, was a bartender ?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fooxied

fioaja

Oct 13, 2021
There were problems with this quest before, I understand you played on your old save from episode 1.2? If you don't have packages on the couch in the living room then you probably need to start the game from the beginning, as there is a bug here that we are currently fixing.
Where can i find the exact version? I believe i came straight from 1.0.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Where can i find the exact version? I believe i came straight from 1.0.
I mean, you probably have the exact version, if you downloaded it from here, just start the game from the beginning, not from the old save. If it does not fix the problem, we will have to investigate what causes it.

Reactions: Ass Fan and fioaja

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
I wrote a longer message about this on my Patreon if you'd like to read it.
Did so and I completely agree with it. You can't please everybody and attempting to do so will see this game join the long list of abandoned ones, after you burn out trying to do the impossible. If a full studio like Inceton regularly drops the ball in this area, what chance does a lone author have?

Corruption is the theme of the game, but players want some degree of choice in how Riley gets corrupted. Will she do anything for money and throw her marriage away after becoming a nymphomaniac, or will she fight to preserve it, after making some hard choices on the way? Will the husband always be blind to her actions, or will he be forced to realise that he screwed up and Riley is his only way out, so he blames himself rather than her? Players always bitch about devs reusing renders for sub paths, but that can save a lot of time if the choices aren't too different. For the first part of the game I easily made far more money than I needed (think I was up to $800+ before the first payment?), so more unexpected payments/costs (possibly linked to player choices?) could increase player tension and make the weekly payments something to fear, so the player has to wear the consequences of their decisions. I spent every weekday morning in class because I thought there'd be major consequences for missing them, which doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe that's a mechanic that appears in the future?

Keep a firm vision in your head of where the game is going, but listen to player feedback about how things might be improved mechanically, rather than altering your vision in a futile attempt to satisfy everybody. Something as simple as a contact updating with useful info after progressing the plot (like an NPC only being available on weekday afternoons, for example) would make it easier for players to plan their actions, rather than going through a frustrating loop of repeated attempts that will never succeed. Much like mice in mazes, players like to be rewarded when they find the right path and can reuse it in future. :)

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes