Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I sometimes forget that OIAL was full of incest because I just thought the girls were cute. Wasn't a massive fan of the teacher or the mom character, but whatever. That kinda thing is part of why I started making this game. But yeah.. Now that you mention it, how the fuck did he get around patreon?

Also yeah, Cassie/Riley sandwich is definitely planned if you push the story in that direction. (And how it goes down will differ depending on whether you let them continue their lesbian stuff)

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Eternum and Artemis are possibly the most impressive games I've seen on this site so far, though Stormside is certainly likely to feature once we have a bit more content for it. And I'm loving the similar sense of humour, it really hooked me.

A thought occurs: MC's ghost hands can lift things right? So, potential for suspending girls in the air for some scenes?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Eternum and Artemis are possibly the most impressive games I've seen on this site so far, though Stormside is certainly likely to feature once we have a bit more content for it. And I'm loving the similar sense of humour, it really hooked me.

A thought occurs: MC's ghost hands can lift things right? So, potential for suspending girls in the air for some scenes?
Heh, I appreciate that. I don't think I can compete with the visuals of Eternum, but then I've only really seen promo images for it, so I'm not sure what the main game is like.

Ah yes, and as you say about the ghosthands... Suspending girls in the air, holding them down, or perhaps sneaking into the girls locker room for some fun... They give quite quite a lot of options for future sex scenes aside from their other uses. They also allow me to do group scenes without the girls having to just form a line and take turns xD (Though there might be some of that as well.)

Though for these planned group scenes, I kinda gotta upgrade my PC first because right now my GPU is not a huge fan of having more than 3 characters on screen. (Which includes the ghosthands because it's actually just an invisible guy wearing gloves in the context of how it's actually made in HS2, so they contribute to the lag too)

Reactions: Moonie1369

Peh

Apr 23, 2018
It's definitely easier to sympathise with Akemi than it is with Olivia right now. This is very intentional. I won't elaborate on their stories, but I didn't write the characters as nothing but bitchy popular girls. Your opinion may change with time, but it's totally fine if it doesn't. Some characters stories are linked though, so disliking a character doesn't mean they won't show up, even if you decide to opt out of all of their actual content.
To chime in - Personally, I'd prefer them to have a "lot" of content. Even though, I despise both of them. It's how it's portrayed that concerns me somewhat.

I do have hard time seeing what kind of tragic backstory could redeem these two cunts, to be honest. They obviously don't give a shit about any other students getting abused, aside from Akemi caring about Hikari. Akemi says point blank, that she will accuse you of rape if you don't do what she wants, Olivia clearly was the one who betrayed her promise to you and voted for the perverted professor regardless. The point is, even if they turn out not to be as bad later on.. more specifically, WHEN they realize they may not be so untouchable afterall, of course. Which, already seem to be happening with Akemi somewhat indirectly. I still don't have any sympathy towards her though. And regardless, it won't erase what they did and who they were. And personally, if I was in MCs shoes, I would be holding this over them... forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Eh, also I would have preferred to have option to simply gamble, that other girls aren't as stupid and vote for someone else and refuse these two outright. Instead of owing something unknown to them. AND naturally, later on, when they are proven at having been stupid, when they undoubtably voted for professor pervert out of spite, I would naturally hold it over their heads forever and ever and ever etc :).

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
To chime in - Personally, I'd prefer them to have a "lot" of content. Even though, I despise both of them. It's how it's portrayed that concerns me somewhat.

I do have hard time seeing what kind of tragic backstory could redeem these two cunts, to be honest. They obviously don't give a shit about any other students getting abused, aside from Akemi caring about Hikari. Akemi says point blank, that she will accuse you of rape if you don't do what she wants, Olivia clearly was the one who betrayed her promise to you and voted for the perverted professor regardless. The point is, even if they turn out not to be as bad later on.. more specifically, WHEN they realize they may not be so untouchable afterall, of course. Which, already seem to be happening with Akemi somewhat indirectly. I still don't have any sympathy towards her though. And regardless, it won't erase what they did and who they were. And personally, if I was in MCs shoes, I would be holding this over them... forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Eh, also I would have preferred to have option to simply hedge my bets, that other girls aren't as stupid and vote for someone else and refuse these two outright. Instead of owing something unknown to them. AND naturally, later on, when they are proven at having been stupid, when they undoubtably voted for professor pervert out of spite, I would naturally hold it over their heads forever and ever and ever etc :).
Luckily, you kinda are in MC's shoes. You can absolutely choose to hold it over them forever and ever. You're not gonna be forced to get along with them. Sure, how you treat Akemi might affect things with Hikari somewhat, but that really depends on a lot of things which haven't shown up in the game yet. If you just wanna punish the fuck out of them, that will be an option. I don't intend for them to be sympathetic characters at this stage, or even particularly soon (At least for Olivia). Some people will choose to forgive them eventually, but nobody will be forced to. I think it's fairly obvious that at some point the player will definitely be getting the chance to teach them some manners.

What I will say though is that regardless of which route you decide to go down, there will be content. The only one I'm currently not 100% sure on is an Olivia femdom type path that might happen if you decided to let her get away with her shit, but that's mainly because I'm personally not into femdom, so I'm not sure I'd be any good at making content for it. (It's also harder to motivate myself to make content for a kink I don't personally have, which is why it's in the maybe pile right now.)

I think it's easier for me to sympathise with them because I know what's planned, but at this stage, I'm not surprised nor disappointed that they're hated by most. It's gonna be a lot of fun for me when I get to start making their stuff, but I'm not gonna be getting that far into development this year at least. Definitely some time in 2023 though.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Luckily, you kinda are in MC's shoes. You can absolutely choose to hold it over them forever and ever. You're not gonna be forced to get along with them. Sure, how you treat Akemi might affect things with Hikari somewhat, but that really depends on a lot of things which haven't shown up in the game yet. If you just wanna punish the fuck out of them, that will be an option. I don't intend for them to be sympathetic characters at this stage, or even particularly soon (At least for Olivia). Some people will choose to forgive them eventually, but nobody will be forced to. I think it's fairly obvious that at some point the player will definitely be getting the chance to teach them some manners.
Olivia seems to me that she has earned every right to see the program applied to her. But, as I say, the sexual part of it doesn't interest me, not even with her. Regarding Akemi, for me the fact that she tries to save her sister is enough for me to have no interest in punishing her, at least for now. Also, if treating Akemi badly affects the MC's relationship with her sister, it's one more reason not to want to include her in a harsh punishment system. But I don't forgive her for the threat, for me that is enough to not want a romantic relationship with her. I don't care about her past life, her history, or whatever happens, she stopped being a LI to me the moment she made her threat.

What I will say though is that regardless of which route you decide to go down, there will be content. The only one I'm currently not 100% sure on is an Olivia femdom type path that might happen if you decided to let her get away with her shit, but that's mainly because I'm personally not into femdom, so I'm not sure I'd be any good at making content for it. (It's also harder to motivate myself to make content for a kink I don't personally have, which is why it's in the maybe pile right now.)
I like femdom even less than maledom, so I rule out that option even more.

I think it's easier for me to sympathise with them because I know what's planned, but at this stage, I'm not surprised nor disappointed that they're hated by most. It's gonna be a lot of fun for me when I get to start making their stuff, but I'm not gonna be getting that far into development this year at least. Definitely some time in 2023 though.
Regarding Olivia, first, she was the one who voted against the MC for sure, and she wants to trick the MC into owing her a favor despite it. For that alone, and I don't care about any other consideration, such as her past, or anything else, she stops being an LI and becomes part of the exclusive group of girls that I intend to fully include in the punishment program (so exclusive as it is only her). If we add her behavior with the MC and the other girls (LIs in this case), I don't find any reason to change my mind.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Femdom, if included, should be made avoidable. Although not as controversial as NTR, it is still a "hard NO" for a lot of people. Someone who doesn't like it will probably "tolerate" light femdom between otherwise caring lovers, but quit playing over "heavy" femdom like Olivia would probably be.

Reactions: wiseold6996 and Peh

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Femdom, if included, should be made avoidable. Although not as controversial as NTR, it is still a "hard NO" for a lot of people. Someone who doesn't like it will probably "tolerate" light femdom between otherwise caring lovers, but quit playing over "heavy" femdom like Olivia would probably be.
Luckily, everything is planned to be avoidable. The way I think of it, refusing to address Olivia's behaviour (Among some other triggers) would open up the option of the femdom route, but it would still just be an option. I haven't worked it out 100% yet, but yeah, no plans to make anything unavoidable unless it's like, exceptionally obvious. (As in like, if you're in a relationship with a girl, she might kiss you, and that'll be unavoidable if you're in the relationship. I won't be putting in options to dodge the kiss. Just an example)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Luckily, everything is planned to be avoidable. The way I think of it, refusing to address Olivia's behaviour (Among some other triggers) would open up the option of the femdom route, but it would still just be an option. I haven't worked it out 100% yet, but yeah, no plans to make anything unavoidable unless it's like, exceptionally obvious. (As in like, if you're in a relationship with a girl, she might kiss you, and that'll be unavoidable if you're in the relationship. I won't be putting in options to dodge the kiss. Just an example)
Even though they are considered the height of lewdness, you can probably, make that maybe, get away without warnings and avoidance of handholding and headpats. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Fyo and paxogre

Ass-tero

Jun 9, 2021
The writing is good, renders are great, girls are hot.
Fuckin go for it.
Your work is great, keep your head up and do what you want.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
The writing is good, renders are great, girls are hot.
Fuckin go for it.
Your work is great, keep your head up and do what you want.
Glad you like it man. Thanks for the kind words. Also, good news, I think I worked out what was actually causing the AMD crash, and I think it's now fixed even without the renderer change. (Though I forgot to apply the fix to one transition, so it's still not recommended to change the renderer back.)

When 0.21 is released, the issue itself should be gone. I'm not 100% sure though as I can't test it myself.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hmm, no idea what that's about to be honest. The issue itself is related to the way the OpenGL renderer interacts with AMD graphics cards. Usually on board ones. Would I be right in saying you use one of those?

Either way, even if my own fix doesn't work, as long as changing the renderer works, I can just put a warning in the next version. Thanks for letting me know.
using the 0202 patch and amd r390 card not onboard and it crashes on the clock there too, haven't tried the shift-g thing yet tho will report back.

edit: yep angle2 fixed it.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
using the 0202 patch and amd r390 card not onboard and it crashes on the clock there too, haven't tried the shift-g thing yet tho will report back.

edit: yep angle2 fixed it.
Sweet, glad that works.

That particular transition is one I forgot to fix in the patch, so it'll be fixed in version 0.21

Very weird that it causes issues though. The only fix was that rather than it being a blank clock transition without text, I just added some text to them. No clue why AMD cards seem to have an issue with the transition not having text, but that's the fix.

For now, glad Angle2 works. Hope you enjoy the game.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
can you chose if want to have sex with a girl in the game or is it already decided who you sleep with?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
can you chose if want to have sex with a girl in the game or is it already decided who you sleep with?
At present you can't actually sleep with any of them (Haven't put that in the game yet), but you will have the choice who you want to romance/punish/whatever. No forced content.

That's not to say there aren't sexual scenes though. There's 14 at present, just no actual sex as of yet.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
At present you can't actually sleep with any of them (Haven't put that in the game yet), but you will have the choice who you want to romance/punish/whatever. No forced content.

That's not to say there aren't sexual scenes though. There's 14 at present, just no actual sex as of yet.
Thank you for your answer :)
Eh sexual scenes are not really important to me (played to many games after awail its always the same mostly skip sex scenes now) as the story

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Thank you for your answer :)
Eh sexual scenes are not really important to me (played to many games after awail its always the same mostly skip sex scenes now) as the story
I can assure you that the story is very good so far. And the lewd scenes that have shown up so far (not PIV sex, but other stuff has happened) are quite enjoyable.

Reactions: Psykoman1978
4.80 star(s) 91 Votes