Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yep this should be fine. Of course the girls will eventually find out that you're romancing all of them, but I'm not gonna spoil how they react. This will of course open up quite a lot of group sex options, which if you're not into that of course means it might seem like content is limited, but like with all the scenes, you can just say something like "I'm not in the mood" before the scene plays. You should probably expect a lot of surprise from the girls though if you do this xD
What I don't like about scenes with multiple LIs is that they tend to include a lot of lesbian content.

All good. From talking to people I've found that the onion flickering is an OpenGL issue which seems to only happen on AMD cards, and changing the renderer to ANGLE2 seems to fix it. There isn't anything I can really do about it, but that solution does seem to fix it for most people. I'm pretty close to getting a patch done that should resolve a number of other issues. It was a bit delayed because I've got one guy in my Discord who seems to be pretty much a pro playtester/proofreader, and he's found A LOT of stuff that needed fixing. Don't want people to have to download a new patch every week, so I'm trying to get as much stuff into this one as possble.

No idea if it'll fix the AMD crashing issues though. I've made a change, but I don't have a way to test it. It's been reported that changing the renderer can fix that too though, so I guess we'll see.
In any case, I couldn't help much since I don't have an AMD graphics card.

• Removed option to set all girls as virgins, because it makes no sense, and would be contradicted by the story later anyway.
I think removing that option is a good idea.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
What I don't like about scenes with multiple LIs is that they tend to include a lot of lesbian content.
Hmm, generally the rule I'm following is that lesbian content will only occur in group scenes if the characters involved have already done that sort of thing in the past (For example, Cassie and Riley) AND you've given permission for that sort of thing. Or if you're on a more domination based path with the involved characters, you may be able to essentially order the girls to go down on each other and that kinda stuff, but I'm not 100% sure on this yet. It's not coming this year at very least.

Otherwise, you're basically looking at the girls waiting their turn to get fucked or whatever, or possibly being dealt with at the same time since MC happens to have some magical abilities.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hmm, generally the rule I'm following is that lesbian content will only occur in group scenes if the characters involved have already done that sort of thing in the past (For example, Cassie and Riley) AND you've given permission for that sort of thing. Or if you're on a more domination based path with the involved characters, you may be able to essentially order the girls to go down on each other and that kinda stuff, but I'm not 100% sure on this yet. It's not coming this year at very least.

Otherwise, you're basically looking at the girls waiting their turn to get fucked or whatever, or possibly being dealt with at the same time since MC happens to have some magical abilities.
For now I have said no to lesbian sex, and it isn't likely that I will say yes to future requests, and it doesn't look like my path is to create a very dominant MC.

Actually the only thing that really attracts me about the group sex is that a LI sees the MC having sex with another.

Reactions: battali0n

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Thought I was in the clear as I got through day 6 and into day 7 on my save file but after the Akemi and Hikari after class the game crashes when it goes to the clock/traveling screen. No error or traceback, just force closes.

AnonBerserker

Oct 11, 2019
Just started and when I get to just after the clothes shopping changing room scene I hear the phone sound with the text "Thoughts: Ah fuck what now" but there is no phone to open and I cant progress. Am I doing something wrong?

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Just started and when I get to just after the clothes shopping changing room scene I hear the phone sound with the text "Thoughts: Ah fuck what now" but there is no phone to open and I cant progress. Am I doing something wrong?
Just happened to me too when I restarted after downloading the 0.2.02 patch.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thought I was in the clear as I got through day 6 and into day 7 on my save file but after the Akemi and Hikari after class the game crashes when it goes to the clock/traveling screen. No error or traceback, just force closes.
I'm gonna guess you're using an AMD graphics card of some sort. You can press shift-g in the game and change the renderer to ANGLE2, then relaunch the game, or you can try updating the graphics drivers. Both of these solutions have fixed the issue for others in the past. Please let me know if this works. (Also, which clock transition are you crashing at, and which version of the game are you playing?) re-read what you said. I'll check it now. Are you on 0.2.02?

Yes bizarrely , it seems a command that says "show screen hud" has changed to "scene screen hud" which isn't a thing. This is strange, since no changes were made to that scene for the patch. Give it 2 hours or so and 0.2.02 will be reuploaded with that bug removed. If you want to continue for now, enable the console and then open it with shift-O. After that, run the below command, and it will bring the phone button back up.

show screen hud

But yeah, this should be fixed soon. How annoying xD

Just happened to me too when I restarted after downloading the 0.2.02 patch.
See above

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
K, it's gonna take me some time to upload a fixed version of 0.2.02 to the various sites it's on, but for now, here's a link to a fixed version of the patch. If the phone isn't coming up near the end of the clothes store scene for you, apply this patch. (Though the command to show the phone is at the start of the clothes store scene, so you'll need to roll back or reload to some time before that for it to work. If you can't do this for whatever reason, enable the console and follow the instructions in the post above this one.)

Edit: The main download links now lead to fixed versions of 0.2.02, but currently only the MEGA links. Will delete this line once updated.

Last edited:

Specter882

Oct 18, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 258, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 263, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 263, in <module>
NameError: name 'quick_menu' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Events/Prologue/Day2/3) PublicPool.rpyc", line 716, in script call
File "Events/Prologue/Day2/5) Sleepover1.rpyc", line 861, in script call
File "Events/Z 1) New Opportunities/Day3 (Fri)/4) CassieOvernight1.rpyc", line 592, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1266, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 930, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 666, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Stormside v0.2.02
Wed Nov 16 19:03:35 2022

My game keeps crashing on the clock screen when taking Hikari to her first punishment

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Events/Prologue/Day2/3) PublicPool.rpyc", line 716, in script call
File "Events/Prologue/Day2/5) Sleepover1.rpyc", line 861, in script call
File "Events/Z 1) New Opportunities/Day3 (Fri)/4) CassieOvernight1.rpyc", line 592, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1266, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 930, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 666, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Stormside v0.2.02
Wed Nov 16 19:03:35 2022

My game keeps crashing on the clock screen when taking Hikari to her first punishment
Assuming it didn't crash on the clock transition before the start of day 6, then that at least means my fix works. (However, I seem to have forgotten to apply it to this particular transition.)

This will be fixed in the next version, but for now if you send me your save file, I'll manually skip past the clock transition, and that should allow you to play until the end of 0.2.02.

Alternatively, press shift-g in the game and change the renderer to ANGLE2, then relaunch the game. This has worked for some people who have the same issue.

Specter882

Oct 18, 2018
Assuming it didn't crash on the clock transition before the start of day 6, then that at least means my fix works. (However, I seem to have forgotten to apply it to this particular transition.)

This will be fixed in the next version, but for now if you send me your save file, I'll manually skip past the clock transition, and that should allow you to play until the end of 0.2.02.

Alternatively, press shift-g in the game and change the renderer to ANGLE2, then relaunch the game. This has worked for some people who have the same issue.
Changing the renderer worked for me ty. Also don't know if this will help or not but when I used the 64-bit exe the launcher instantly closed but in the 32-bit exe it stayed on the clock screen and just stopped responding

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Changing the renderer worked for me ty. Also don't know if this will help or not but when I used the 64-bit exe the launcher instantly closed but in the 32-bit exe it stayed on the clock screen and just stopped responding
Hmm, no idea what that's about to be honest. The issue itself is related to the way the OpenGL renderer interacts with AMD graphics cards. Usually on board ones. Would I be right in saying you use one of those?

Either way, even if my own fix doesn't work, as long as changing the renderer works, I can just put a warning in the next version. Thanks for letting me know.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I'm tentatively enjoying the game so far. The renders (Cassie and Riley in particular are lovely, I swear I've seen Cassie's render in another game....) I'm planning on having a romantic MC out to protect his girls and a separate path to see the more depraved scenes. A question....
1) The magic appendages were introduced and then never brought up again. At first it seemed like basic mage hand, useful but not game breaking. Now that we know he can see and hear (potentially talk?) through them and they can be invisible and he can easily handle 8 up to 50ft, more with some enhancement thing, why isn't he using them all the time to find out what's going on at school? Hell, how is he not being used by the government? As a side note, does that mean he can have 8 penises? MC can be a GOD in bed!!! Anyway, keep up the good work, hopefully you have a plan to kind of make things more logically blend together.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'm tentatively enjoying the game so far. The renders (Cassie and Riley in particular are lovely, I swear I've seen Cassie's render in another game....) I'm planning on having a romantic MC out to protect his girls and a separate path to see the more depraved scenes. A question....
1) The magic appendages were introduced and then never brought up again. At first it seemed like basic mage hand, useful but not game breaking. Now that we know he can see and hear (potentially talk?) through them and they can be invisible and he can easily handle 8 up to 50ft, more with some enhancement thing, why isn't he using them all the time to find out what's going on at school? Hell, how is he not being used by the government? As a side note, does that mean he can have 8 penises? MC can be a GOD in bed!!! Anyway, keep up the good work, hopefully you have a plan to kind of make things more logically blend together.
Ahaa, If you've seen Cassie in another game, it's possibly a similar character. It's HS2 so it's not really a model you can buy as such like you can with daz. She's a custom character, as are all the other girls. (Though some of them do use face mods that might result in them looking similar to other charactesr. Cassie isn't one of those though.)

The ghost hands thing has been brought up before. I think it comes down to a pacing issue because yeah they haven't appeared in a while. They'll be appearing again in the next update. You gotta remember that MC is not the only person in the world with a magic ability of some sort, and while his is potentially very useful, he himself may not be. His history will be addressed in future updates, and is kinda related to the main plot, so I didn't want to give it all away immediately. Possibly not the best way of doing things, but it's what I ended up going with.

But yes he could absolutely have like 8 penises. And he lives in a dorm with 7 girls... I'm sure you can see where this is going ;)
As the game goes on I do intend for the hands to be used more solve to problems once they're actually faced. (He hasn't really faced any problems that they would solve yet imo.) Glad you've enjoyed what you played so far though, even with the less than bulletproof logic some of the stuff in the game offers without the context from future updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: faradhii and Tiur

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Oh, I remembered where I saw Cassie. Annie from Eternum. Definitely looking forward to you putting this one together!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Oh, I remembered where I saw Cassie. Annie from Eternum. Definitely looking forward to you putting this one together!
Yoo I haven't played Eternum yet, but oial was one of the inspirations for me making this game (Even if it isn't obvious) so I was gonna take that as a compliment, but then I actually googled Annie xD

Holy shit you're right. From the looks of things, Annie has the same HS2 hairstyle combination as Cassie, except her bangs are mirrored. I had no idea xD.

It's not gonna change how Cassie looks, because that would be a bit dumb, but thanks for letting me know. It at least gives me time to prepare for if this game makes it big, and then I'm sure the "You copied Eternum" crowd will appear. Is Annie a new character btw? Or in from the start? I really do need to get around to playing it.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It's not gonna change how Cassie looks, because that would be a bit dumb, but thanks for letting me know. It at least gives me time to prepare for if this game makes it big, and then I'm sure the "You copied Eternum" crowd will appear. Is Annie a new character btw? Or in from the start? I really do need to get around to playing it.
The overall facial appearance is a bit different, so I don't think there'll be too many claims she's a copy. But no, Annie's not new. She's the MC's friend from school, and was either the first or second character introduced besides the MC (I forget whether she or Chang were introduced first).

Last edited:
Reactions: faradhii

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
OIAL is one of my favorites. I replay it every now and then just for Stabby Mike!! IMHO Eternum is even better. Annie is the very first potential LI, the "childhood friend" (little sister) (Please don't crucify me on the relationship if I'm wrong, updates are a long time between and I have a bad memory)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
OIAL is one of my favorites. I replay it every now and then just for Stabby Mike!! IMHO Eternum is even better. Annie is the very first potential LI, the "childhood friend" (little sister) (Please don't crucify me on the relationship if I'm wrong, updates are a long time between and I have a bad memory)
Nah, the relationship really is just friends. Though after I thought about it for a while, I realized I was conflating Nancy's daughters, who the MC knew from childhood, with Annie who I'm fairly sure he's only known since school, where she and Chang were his best friends. There's no iPatch for that game, none of the girls are related to the MC.

Reactions: faradhii

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Nah, the relationship really is just friends. Though after I thought about it for a while, I realized I was conflating Nancy's daughters, who the MC knew from childhood, with Annie who I'm fairly sure he's only known since school, where she and Chang were his best friends. There's no iPatch for that game, none of the girls are related to the MC.
Which was kind of odd since OIAL was a cest fest. Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Really looking forward to a Cassie/Riley sandwich!!

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes