Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Still crashing at clock transition after peeping on the girls when invited to stay over after the apartment flood. Unable to fix.
This is usually down to a graphics driver issue (Usually AMD). I'd suggest updating them, as this has worked for those previously affected.

When Hikari is to be punished Akemi's arriving text messages are invisible on the phone, so I have no idea what I'm responding to. No issues with text messages from anyone else.
I've heard people mention this. I can't reproduce it on my saves, but I've experienced it on other peoples saves. I think I know the cause, so I'm planning to release a patch for it tomorrow, but in the meantime, enable the console. (Can google how to do that) and when you get to the missing text screen, run the below commands

hide screen AkemiMessages

show screen AkemiMessages

Exactly as written, it's case sensitive. That should fix the issue for now.

How to get scenes 5 and 6?
I know scene 5 is one of Cassie's sleepover ones, but I forget which. It sounds like you got Cassie's dream scene. To get the others, be flirty in the text conversation with her (after you leave the uniform store, but the girls stay) and then choose "I think you're plenty sexy as is". Then when she's at your house, choose to bring up the texts. WT mod is otw, but not ready yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: arrgk and Éama

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, I've only got as far as meeting Cassie and I'd like to say I hope there's no other girls in this.....I'm done. Two fiery freckled cuties, one of whom is a redhead - that's all I need. Done.

Carry on. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Ok, I've only got as far as meeting Cassie and I'd like to say I hope there's no other girls in this.....I'm done. Two fiery freckled cuties, one of whom is a redhead - that's all I need. Done.

Carry on. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ahahaha, this isn't a problem I ever thought the game would face xD Sadly there are other girls, but the two you've met are probably the most heavily featured. (So far). They're the most popular characters by quite a bit according to the poll. (Perhaps because of how heavily they're featured.)

Beavershot

Aug 19, 2018
Found an unfortunate bug. This is my first playthrough. At first I got the message tone, brought up my phone and nothing. Made a choice, closed my phone, reopened it to find the message finally (but I had already made my choice blind) and when I closed my phone again, I couldn't for the life of me get rid of the message from the screen.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Is the order in which you ask for the vote during the event to elect the magistrate relevant (for anything)?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Found an unfortunate bug. This is my first playthrough. At first I got the message tone, brought up my phone and nothing. Made a choice, closed my phone, reopened it to find the message finally (but I had already made my choice blind) and when I closed my phone again, I couldn't for the life of me get rid of the message from the screen.
Thanks for letting me know. This has been raised a number of times I'm I'm planning to release a patch for it tomorrow. It's so strange. I straight up can't get this to happen unless I use a save file from someone who's already got the bug. It doesn't make any sense at all why it's happening, but I think I have a way to fix it. I'll test tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you enable the console in Ren'Py (Google it if you don't know how, it just involves changing something to True in a file) you can use the below commands in order to fix the problem. (Run them while you have the blank text screen up. It is case sensitive)

hide screen AkemiMessages

show screen AkemiMessages

This should fix the issue, but I still need to patch it out.

Is the order in which you ask for the vote during the event to elect the magistrate relevant (for anything)?
If you talk to "The other girls" (Olivia and Akemi) and then talk to Taliya at some point after them, sending Prof Brown to the library will slightly change the scene you get that evening, and also opens up one more option during the text conversation with Akemi later on. (Which is unfortunately broken apparently. See above.)

Other than that it makes no difference. It was going to at one point, but I decided we'd waited long enough to get into the main part of the game. Didn't want to pad it out with content that occurs if you talk to the girls in the wrong order or whatever.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If you talk to "The other girls" (Olivia and Akemi) and then talk to Taliya at some point after them, sending Prof Brown to the library will slightly change the scene you get that evening, and also opens up one more option during the text conversation with Akemi later on. (Which is unfortunately broken apparently. See above.)

Other than that it makes no difference. It was going to at one point, but I decided we'd waited long enough to get into the main part of the game. Didn't want to pad it out with content that occurs if you talk to the girls in the wrong order or whatever.
Ok, I'm going to save and see what that slight change is about and if it's something I like.

EDIT: I have to say that after talking to them, I don't have the slightest interest in either Olivia or Akemi.

My big question is: Can you punish Olivia and haven't any kind of sexual relationship with her?

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
EDIT: I have to say that after talking to them, I don't have the slightest interest in either Olivia or Akemi.

My big question is: Can you punish Olivia and haven't any kind of sexual relationship with her?
Lmao, this is normal. Though it may change as you get to know them in future updates, but it depends on you and your preferences really. Technically for what's planned, you'll be able to punish any of the girls regardless of whether you have any kind of sexual relationship with them. Though doing so may change your relationship with them depending on how you go about it. (You'll see a light example of this later on in the game if you haven't got to day 6 yet.)

Olivia has no punishment content (Or h scenes in general) in the game at this time though. In future, you will 100% have a chance to punish her. I'm not so mean as to make a bitch like her and not let people eventually wipe that smug smile off her face. (And probably even more than that to be honest)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Personally I have gone from knowing the sexual life of the LIs (it is enough for me to know if they are virgins or not). What I don't quite understand is the purpose of the second question if, as it says, some things won't make sense if the status of the LIs is changed from the default. The logical thing would be that if you choose that they all be virgins, that the dialogues reflect that, and that if you choose the opposite (no virgins) that they be different. If they don't change, I don't see the point of letting you choose between the three options (virgin, non-virgin, and default). I really only see problems when someone chooses that all of his LIs are virgins and then it turns out that one is talking about his past sex life.

In any case, I prefer to leave it as default.

Lmao, this is normal. Though it may change as you get to know them in future updates, but it depends on you and your preferences really. Technically for what's planned, you'll be able to punish any of the girls regardless of whether you have any kind of sexual relationship with them. Though doing so may change your relationship with them depending on how you go about it. (You'll see a light example of this later on in the game if you haven't got to day 6 yet.)

Olivia has no punishment content (Or h scenes in general) in the game at this time though. In future, you will 100% have a chance to punish her. I'm not so mean as to make a bitch like her and not let people eventually wipe that smug smile off her face. (And probably even more than that to be honest)
My preference is romance, establishing a romantic relationship with LIs (possibly a very vanilla one).

Personally, the fact that Akemi threatens the MC to report him for rape is enough to make my interest in her nil. Right now I don't see any reason to change my opinion on that. In any case, I have no great interest in punishing her either, although it will very much depend on the favor she asks the MC for.

As for Olivia, I'm only interested in punishing her. In fact, if I get to choose (and have no consecuences), I'll pass on doing her the favor that the MC is supposed to have promised to do (or even better, convince her that the MC has done it without actually doing it), I'm sure she hasn't voted for the MC anyway, so actually doing so would be fair.

Actually, except for Olivia, I don't think the MC will punish any LI if I can prevent it.

Reactions: Peh

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Personally I have gone from knowing the sexual life of the LIs (it is enough for me to know if they are virgins or not). What I don't quite understand is the purpose of the second question if, as it says, some things won't make sense if the status of the LIs is changed from the default. The logical thing would be that if you choose that they all be virgins, that the dialogues reflect that, and that if you choose the opposite (no virgins) that they be different. If they don't change, I don't see the point of letting you choose between the three options (virgin, non-virgin, and default). I really only see problems when someone chooses that all of his LIs are virgins and then it turns out that one is talking about his past sex life.
So this was basically because the story dictates that not all the girls are virgins, and changing that would mean a lot more than just dialogue changes. The plot itself would change, and given how it's meant to branch in future anyway, I didn't want to spin too many plates. I put that option in for the "Make them all virgins" thing specifically for the audience who want to pretend kinda. I hadn't anticipated quite how important a girls virginity was to some players, so I'd agree it's a fairly pointless option. Eventually, their fantasy will be ruined if the girl isn't a virgin, (Though I don't plan to make a big deal of the fact that they've banged before.)

I may be removing that option in future versions. The option to remove previous H stats will remain though because "I don't wanna know about the past" aside, some people prefer to just start fresh to record only what happens during the game.

My preference is romance, establishing a romantic relationship with LIs (possibly a very vanilla one).

Personally, the fact that Akemi threatens the MC to report him for rape is enough to make my interest in her nil. Right now I don't see any reason to change my opinion on that. In any case, I have no great interest in punishing her either, although it will very much depend on the favor she asks the MC for.

As for Olivia, I'm only interested in punishing her. In fact, if I get to choose (and have no consecuences), I'll pass on doing her the favor that the MC is supposed to have promised to do (or even better, convince her that the MC has done it without actually doing it), I'm sure she hasn't voted for the MC anyway, so actually doing so would be fair.

Actually, except for Olivia, I don't think the MC will punish any LI if I can prevent it.
Yep, I like vanilla romance stuff, as well as punishment type stuff, so I plan to treat both types of content equally. Akemi and Olivia are very much intended to be unlikable at this stage, Olivia especially. You will absolutely have the option to just treat them the way you think they deserve, or you can ignore them entirely. (Though again, this may affect things. For example, if you just let Olivia get away with her bullshit, she's probably not gonna stop picking on the other girls. This won't necessarily happen, but this is the general idea I'm getting at.)

As for actually preventing punishments, most of the time you will get a straight up choice to just not punish them. Depending on what they did though, you may have to do a punishment of some sort, in which you can just go really easy if you want. Or you might still have the choice to not punish, but this could have story implications.

I very much want the game to be the type you might play more than once to see what changes. But there have been plenty of devs who have said something like that. No idea how many actually pull it off, but I'm gonna try my best. If I fuck up, then I'll be disappointed too. I'm making the game primarily for me, so I hope it turns out good lol.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So this was basically because the story dictates that not all the girls are virgins, and changing that would mean a lot more than just dialogue changes. The plot itself would change, and given how it's meant to branch in future anyway, I didn't want to spin too many plates. I put that option in for the "Make them all virgins" thing specifically for the audience who want to pretend kinda. I hadn't anticipated quite how important a girls virginity was to some players, so I'd agree it's a fairly pointless option. Eventually, their fantasy will be ruined if the girl isn't a virgin, (Though I don't plan to make a big deal of the fact that they've banged before.)

I may be removing that option in future versions. The option to remove previous H stats will remain though because "I don't wanna know about the past" aside, some people prefer to just start fresh to record only what happens during the game.
Give the option that they all be virgins (which I think is the most conflictive option) and that later the dialogues don't corroborate it can generate more headaches than benefits. Actually no benefit and a lot of headaches.

Yep, I like vanilla romance stuff, as well as punishment type stuff, so I plan to treat both types of content equally. Akemi and Olivia are very much intended to be unlikable at this stage, Olivia especially. You will absolutely have the option to just treat them the way you think they deserve, or you can ignore them entirely. (Though again, this may affect things. For example, if you just let Olivia get away with her bullshit, she's probably not gonna stop picking on the other girls. This won't necessarily happen, but this is the general idea I'm getting at.)
I will treat Olivia as she deserves, and I suppose a little worse if possible. But I don't want any sex or any kind of relationship with her other than punishing her.

As for actually preventing punishments, most of the time you will get a straight up choice to just not punish them. Depending on what they did though, you may have to do a punishment of some sort, in which you can just go really easy if you want. Or you might still have the choice to not punish, but this could have story implications.
Personally, I prefer if there is some kind of warning when not punishing will have negative consequences in the future. I don't play more than once, so I prefer to get the best (at least for my tastes) possible ending on the first try.

I very much want the game to be the type you might play more than once to see what changes. But there have been plenty of devs who have said something like that. No idea how many actually pull it off, but I'm gonna try my best. If I fuck up, then I'll be disappointed to. I'm making the game primarily for me, so I hope it turns out good lol.
I guess that's fine. I never play a second time, so I prefer to get the ending I want the first time.

Reactions: paxogre

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Give the option that they all be virgins (which I think is the most conflictive option) and that later the dialogues don't corroborate it can generate more headaches than benefits. Actually no benefit and a lot of headaches.
Agreed. I'll probably be changing it at some point

I will treat Olivia as she deserves, and I suppose a little worse if possible. But I don't want any sex or any kind of relationship with her other than punishing her.
This will be possible, but of course will result in missing out on some content (Though if you hate her, you wouldn't want that content anyway)

Personally, I prefer if there is some kind of warning when not punishing will have negative consequences in the future. I don't play more than once, so I prefer to get the best (at least for my tastes) possible ending on the first try.
The consequences won't necessarily be negative. It's planned to just change stuff. If you choose not to punish a girl and the academy starts to think you're being so soft, stuff might happen. I haven't got it 100% planned out yet, but that's the general idea. Regardless, a WT mod is in the works that should give some guidance. There's no chance of girls getting stolen, and no game overs where something really bad happens to the girls. But yeah, WT mod coming at some point.

I guess that's fine. I never play a second time, so I prefer to get the ending I want the first time.
Completely fair. I'm the same usually, which makes it a bit strange that I'm making the game like this, but yeah, with the use of a walkthrough this should be possible when it's eventually complete. The ending is pretty far off though so I wouldn't worry about it for now. At the moment your choices mostly just affect what scenes you will or won't see, and I plan to put a gallery unlocker in the next update so yeah. I don't wanna tell people the right way to play the game, just play it how you wanna.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So far I am liking the game.

My interest in Akemi is still low, almost none, but right now I don't care if I can't punish her. I liked that she used the favor that the MC owed her in trying to make her sister's punishment as light as possible (it was what I had planned to do anyway)

For the rest, what I have less interest in is the necklaces: the functions that they have seem like an absolute turn down to me.

This will be possible, but of course will result in missing out on some content (Though if you hate her, you wouldn't want that content anyway)
Right now I'm pretty sure that what I want is to lose content with her.

The consequences won't necessarily be negative. It's planned to just change stuff. If you choose not to punish a girl and the academy starts to think you're being so soft, stuff might happen. I haven't got it 100% planned out yet, but that's the general idea. Regardless, a WT mod is in the works that should give some guidance. There's no chance of girls getting stolen, and no game overs where something really bad happens to the girls. But yeah, WT mod coming at some point.
Personally, maybe I'm weird, but if a choice (or a series of them) results in a game over (either better or worse, but a game over for all intents and purposes), that's the one I'll see. I only see one ending, and that will be the ending. I don't know if you intend to include some like this, but in any case, a walkthrough, even if it was in PDF, would be quite useful to help people like me enjoy the game more.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
This is usually down to a graphics driver issue (Usually AMD). I'd suggest updating them, as this has worked for those previously affected.
Yeah. If no other game has a problem with AMD drivers, and only this one does, then it's definitely the graphics driver manufacturer's fault. AMD is to blame. The game developer didn't screw anything up at all.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
So far I am liking the game.

My interest in Akemi is still low, almost none, but right now I don't care if I can't punish her. I liked that she used the favor that the MC owed her in trying to make her sister's punishment as light as possible (it was what I had planned to do anyway)

For the rest, what I have less interest in is the necklaces: the functions that they have seem like an absolute turn down to me.

Right now I'm pretty sure that what I want is to lose content with her.

Personally, maybe I'm weird, but if a choice (or a series of them) results in a game over (either better or worse, but a game over for all intents and purposes), that's the one I'll see. I only see one ending, and that will be the ending. I don't know if you intend to include some like this, but in any case, a walkthrough, even if it was in PDF, would be quite useful to help people like me enjoy the game more.

Yep, this is all understandable. The collars are a part of the overall story, and will be showing up a bit more later on. Exactly how they're used remains to be seen, but I'm not gonna be forcing any players down some corruption route for girls they are actually interested in romancing properly. Sure, there may be challenges along the way with these girls, but overcoming the challenges is part of relationships. I'm sure the girls will appreciate having someone to rely on when they're in a bad situation. (I don't wanna give too much away, but yeah, being a really nice guy to the girls doesn't mean there won't be bad things you have to either protect them from, or overcome together.)

It's definitely easier to sympathise with Akemi than it is with Olivia right now. This is very intentional. I won't elaborate on their stories, but I didn't write the characters as nothing but bitchy popular girls. Your opinion may change with time, but it's totally fine if it doesn't. Some characters stories are linked though, so disliking a character doesn't mean they won't show up, even if you decide to opt out of all of their actual content.

I'm not completely sure what you mean about the game overs, but when I say there aren't game overs, I mean that you're not gonna have characters leaving the game because you punished them too hard, or them getting stolen by some other guy or anything like that. Ultimately, you're gonna be able to get any girl you want by the end of the game most likely, but your relationship dynamic with them by that point will depend on how you treated them. Maybe they're your sole girlfriend, maybe they're a part of your harem, or maybe they're your human sex toy by that point. I don't plan for it to be hard to achieve your inteded outcome. (To be clear, these are examples. I haven't written the endings yet, I just have potential outlines. This game will get complicated from a development perspective.)

That said, yeah, walkthrough on the way. Choices so far don't lock you out of anything in particular or massively affect the story as a whole unless you decided to be as harsh as possible with Hikari (And tbh most people who like her aren't likely to do that. I certainly didn't, though I'll admit I enjoyed making her punishment scene. Did I mention I like both sides? xD)

Reactions: BlasKyau

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah. If no other game has a problem with AMD drivers, and only this one does, then it's definitely the graphics driver manufacturer's fault. AMD is to blame. The game developer didn't screw anything up at all.
I don't know if these people have had issues with other games. The point in the game it crashes at is just when the game plays a .webm file. People have reached out to me to ask about it, so I spent a few hours in PM with them trying to fix it. Some of them provided windows error logs which indicated that a dll file related to OpenGl and an AMD graphics driver had crashed. I suggested they update the drivers, and it fixed the problem for them in all except one case where a guy had an onboard AMD gpu, as well as an Nvidia card, but he told me that Ren'Py usually used the AMD one by default. He found a way to force Ren'Py to use the Nvidia card, and hasn't had the issue since. Dunno what to tell you really. Out of (At this point) thousands of downloads of the game across multiple sites, it's been reported by like 3 people who all turned out to have more or less the same fix.

Am I to assume you've also experienced this issue? I'm happy to review windows error logs if you provide them. (I'm useless with Mac and linux though so hopefully you're on windows)

Argus1210

Feb 1, 2018
I don't know if these people have had issues with other games. The point in the game it crashes at is just when the game plays a .webm file. People have reached out to me to ask about it, so I spent a few hours in PM with them trying to fix it. Some of them provided windows error logs which indicated that a dll file related to OpenGl and an AMD graphics driver had crashed. I suggested they update the drivers, and it fixed the problem for them in all except one case where a guy had an onboard AMD gpu, as well as an Nvidia card, but he told me that Ren'Py usually used the AMD one by default. He found a way to force Ren'Py to use the Nvidia card, and hasn't had the issue since. Dunno what to tell you really. Out of (At this point) thousands of downloads of the game across multiple sites, it's been reported by like 3 people who all turned out to have more or less the same fix.

Am I to assume you've also experienced this issue? I'm happy to review windows error logs if you provide them. (I'm useless with Mac and linux though so hopefully you're on windows)
Also experiencing this error, even after updating the drivers. I'll look into the fix you mentioned, just posting this fyi.

Ass-tero

Jun 9, 2021
I run onboard AMD. No updates available. Never crashed in any other game on here. As the reporting post was my first ever on this platform since I created this account. Something here is triggering onboard AMD cards hard.

I attempted a reinstall of game, reinstall from itch and f95, rolledback 3 prior choices, still happens. Only posting at all because I like what has been created and have interest to see more. Thanks!

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Lovin the game so far. Great animations, hot girls, etc. Who wouldn't lol. Just became that guy *not going to spoil it*at the school and now sitting down to eat at the Café. I'm still playing.
Only thing that bugs me is having to guess who is texting me. Would be nice once you open the phone to check the text and see the people you knows pictures that it would put a green light over there pic or something as to not make me guess who it's from and have to click on everyone until i see the solo pic with a green light.
That being said,
Thanks so much for sharing and looking forward to more ;)
5*'s

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yep, this is all understandable. The collars are a part of the overall story, and will be showing up a bit more later on. Exactly how they're used remains to be seen, but I'm not gonna be forcing any players down some corruption route for girls they are actually interested in romancing properly. Sure, there may be challenges along the way with these girls, but overcoming the challenges is part of relationships. I'm sure the girls will appreciate having someone to rely on when they're in a bad situation. (I don't wanna give too much away, but yeah, being a really nice guy to the girls doesn't mean there won't be bad things you have to either protect them from, or overcome together.)
In my case, I'm only interested in the sex scenes with the LIs with whom the MC establishes a romance. I'm not really interested in the sexual connotation of the punishments, in fact, for sure I'll move on from doing Olivia (and of course the other LIs) the ones that focus a lot on it.

It's definitely easier to sympathise with Akemi than it is with Olivia right now. This is very intentional. I won't elaborate on their stories, but I didn't write the characters as nothing but bitchy popular girls. Your opinion may change with time, but it's totally fine if it doesn't. Some characters stories are linked though, so disliking a character doesn't mean they won't show up, even if you decide to opt out of all of their actual content.
Actually what I'm not interested in is having a relationship with them: I don't want to have an affair with them, but even less so to turn them into sex slaves, toys or whatever for the MC. The only difference is that, like the LIs, I have no interest in punishing her and will avoid it as much as possible, while punishing Olivia is fine with me (at least as long as the sexual connotations of the punishment will be moderately low).

I'm not completely sure what you mean about the game overs, but when I say there aren't game overs, I mean that you're not gonna have characters leaving the game because you punished them too hard, or them getting stolen by some other guy or anything like that. Ultimately, you're gonna be able to get any girl you want by the end of the game most likely, but your relationship dynamic with them by that point will depend on how you treated them. Maybe they're your sole girlfriend, maybe they're a part of your harem, or maybe they're your human sex toy by that point. I don't plan for it to be hard to achieve your inteded outcome. (To be clear, these are examples. I haven't written the endings yet, I just have potential outlines. This game will get complicated from a development perspective.)
ok, despite not having understood me, what you have explained is enough to solve my doubt.

I'm only interested in harem and romance. I am quite simple and predictable in my tastes.

That said, yeah, walkthrough on the way. Choices so far don't lock you out of anything in particular or massively affect the story as a whole unless you decided to be as harsh as possible with Hikari (And tbh most people who like her aren't likely to do that. I certainly didn't, though I'll admit I enjoyed making her punishment scene. Did I mention I like both sides? xD)
I suppose that when the walkthrough is ready I will use it to verify that I am following the route that I want.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes