Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Also experiencing this error, even after updating the drivers. I'll look into the fix you mentioned, just posting this fyi.
I would guess you're also on AMD, but if you've already updated the drivers then yes it seems something is wrong. No clue what, but I'll look into it. I'm planning to release a patch for a different issue later today, so if I find a fix in the meantime, I'll try to include it in that. (Of course, since I'm not on AMD and don't get these issues, it's hard for me to test, so it's not guaranteed.)

I run onboard AMD. No updates available. Never crashed in any other game on here. As the reporting post was my first ever on this platform since I created this account. Something here is triggering onboard AMD cards hard.

I attempted a reinstall of game, reinstall from itch and f95, rolledback 3 prior choices, still happens. Only posting at all because I like what has been created and have interest to see more. Thanks!
You could try reinstalling the existing drivers, but I'd agree, something is fucked. Another thing you could potentially try is pressing shift-g in renpy, and changing the renderer to "Force ANGLE2 Renderer". Then restart the game, and reload the save to see if it fixes. (If it doesn't then probably best to set it back to automatically choose.

I'm having a look at that part of the game to see if there's anything weird going on, and I have established one pattern, but I've got no idea why it's triggering AMD cards. Turns out, the clock transition screen is something I call which accepts an argument, which determines which words scroll across screen. In the part of the game you're crashing in, the argument provided is just " " so as to make it blank. There's one other part of the game where this is the case, and someone was getting the same issue there as well (Though driver updates fixed it for them). No clue why AMD has an issue with this, and I don't know if it's only onboard AMD, but I suspect it's something to do with that. I'll see what I can do.

Lovin the game so far. Great animations, hot girls, etc. Who wouldn't lol. Just became that guy *not going to spoil it*at the school and now sitting down to eat at the Café. I'm still playing.
Only thing that bugs me is having to guess who is texting me. Would be nice once you open the phone to check the text and see the people you knows pictures that it would put a green light over there pic or something as to not make me guess who it's from and have to click on everyone until i see the solo pic with a green light.
That being said,
Thanks so much for sharing and looking forward to more ;)
5*'s
Glad you like it :D When you get a text it's supposed to highlight who texted you in blue, like in this screenshot with Akemi. (It also highlights who you need to text during sections where you're expected to text one of the girls)
1668427274778.png
Is this not happening for you? If so, sounds like a bug, and I'm happy to troubleshoot further in PM.

Reactions: Shazam2812

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I suppose that when the walkthrough is ready I will use it to verify that I am following the route that I want.
Yep, that should work. Though at this stage, if you're being nice to the girls you care about then you're already on that route from the sounds of things. It's only really possible to send one character down a darker route in this update, and I think you mentioned opting not to do that (Whether you knew that's what it would do or not.)

I'm not a huge fan of locking people into paths as such. I much prefer just letting players treat the girls the way they like, and the outcomes just making sense. As in, treating them nice isn't gonna suddenly result in a girl deciding she doesn't like you, because she secretly wanted to be punished. You'd have to awaken those feelings in her by punishing her hard previously or something, which it sounds like isn't something you'd opt to do. Olivia's a bit more complicated, but that's a way off for now. (Though of course you can still eventually punish her just to get her to stop her bullshit. It won't necessarily lock you into some Olivia corruption path or whatever.)

Of course, if you're only into the romance side of things, development might be a bit slow from your perspective since I've gotta spend time on both sides of things, but I'm sure you're aware of this already.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Glad you like it :D When you get a text it's supposed to highlight who texted you in blue, like in this screenshot with Akemi. (It also highlights who you need to text during sections where you're expected to text one of the girls)
View attachment 2169166
Is this not happening for you? If so, sounds like a bug, and I'm happy to troubleshoot further in PM.
The truth is that if that happens, I haven't noticed, as soon as I can I look at it and say something.

Possibly it would be good to indicate it when using the messages for the first time, if the color changes slightly there will always be people who will not notice it, unless you warn about it

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
The truth is that if that happens, I haven't noticed, as soon as I can I look at it and say something.

Possibly it would be good to indicate it when using the messages for the first time, if the color changes slightly there will always be people who will not notice it, unless you warn about it
Agreed. Maybe a phone tutorial of some sort. Still, if you're still playing, keep an eye out for it to see if it happens. No point in me making a tutorial for it if it turns out there's a bug that stops it from working as intended.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yep, that should work. Though at this stage, if you're being nice to the girls you care about then you're already on that route from the sounds of things. It's only really possible to send one character down a darker route in this update, and I think you mentioned opting not to do that (Whether you knew that's what it would do or not.)
I actually didn't know it was possible. In reality, the punishment applied (at least the one I chose) isn't too different from what was applied here years ago: facing the wall, with the arms forming a cross and a book in each hand. If you talked in class you knew you would possibly do an hour or more of biceps.

I'm not a huge fan of locking people into paths as such. I much prefer just letting players treat the girls the way they like, and the outcomes just making sense. As in, treating them nice isn't gonna suddenly result in a girl deciding she doesn't like you, because she secretly wanted to be punished. You'd have to awaken those feelings in her by punishing her hard previously or something, which it sounds like isn't something you'd opt to do. Olivia's a bit more complicated, but that's a way off for now. (Though of course you can still eventually punish her just to get her to stop her bullshit. It won't necessarily lock you into some Olivia corruption path or whatever.)
it's certainly unlikely that my way of playing would arouse a LI's hidden desires to be punished.

Of course, if you're only into the romance side of things, development might be a bit slow from your perspective since I've gotta spend time on both sides of things, but I'm sure you're aware of this already.
For me the way the game is developed is fine

Agreed. Maybe a phone tutorial of some sort. Still, if you're still playing, keep an eye out for it to see if it happens. No point in me making a tutorial for it if it turns out there's a bug that stops it from working as intended.
ok, I'll look at it and comment if there is a bug or if it works well.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There is no bug, but the color change is so subtle that it's difficult to notice if you aren't warned beforehand. It would be better to make a tutorial or make the color of the notifications more striking (I think this one is posibly the best).

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022

Beavershot

Aug 19, 2018
Personally, I love this game thus far. For all you salt lickers that are disappointed with whatever concerning the game, don't like the backstories of the characters or how the something comes about, don't like lesbian scenes of girls practicing on one another (because they actually do this IRL, by the way)...

I have an easy solution for you! And it's absolutely free!

Don't play. Problem solved.

Dev has already said they are making the game for themselves. I happen to appreciate the hard work the dev is putting into this. Sure, there're some things I may not like, but I'm not going to go and spew nonsense on a public thread to change things. Let Atemsiel work the magic. If you don't like it, fine. Don't play. Easy, simple, quick and perfect solution.

I, myself, do like what I see. Therefore, I will continue to play and I will look forward to future updates.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Personally, I love this game thus far. For all you salt lickers that are disappointed with whatever concerning the game, don't like the backstories of the characters or how the something comes about, don't like lesbian scenes of girls practicing on one another (because they actually do this IRL, by the way)...
Lesbian scenes are avoidable. Just to clarify

Dev has already said they are making the game for themselves. I happen to appreciate the hard work the dev is putting into this. Sure, there're some things I may not like, but I'm not going to go and spew nonsense on a public thread to change things. Let Atemsiel work the magic. If you don't like it, fine. Don't play. Easy, simple, quick and perfect solution.

I, myself, do like what I see. Therefore, I will continue to play and I will look forward to future updates.
I guess that feedback almost always helps, giving ideas, improving the story or whatever, a game (or other thing) isn't always criticized because you don't like it, many times it's for contributing with new ideas, or solving problems or inconsistencies that the dev hadn't detected.

Reactions: battali0n and Peh

Ass-tero

Jun 9, 2021
Another thing you could potentially try is pressing shift-g in renpy, and changing the renderer to "Force ANGLE2 Renderer". Then restart the game, and reload the save to see if it fixes. (If it doesn't then probably best to set it back to automatically choose.
This worked so far. Thank you!

Reactions: Atemsiel

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022

Many thanks man, kind words. Hopefully I'm able to continue with whatever it is you like about the game. I certainly have no plans to reduce effort or start cutting corners. (My chance of actually competing with the other 20,000 school based harem games will instantly die if I start doing that.)

Lesbian scenes are avoidable. Just to clarify
Just as pretty much all content will be. I don't want people getting forced to play stuff that doesn't interest them. Even if Cassie doesn't text you to ask permission for the lesbian stuff (Which happens if you're not in the casual relationship with her at the time), you still get the chance to skip the lesbian scene. It'll be almost the same for punishment content, and main story stuff. (Such as the chance to decline going ghost hunting with Sasha, or shopping with Hikari.) Even right now I think it's actually possible to go all the way through the game without unlocking a single H scene. (No clue why anyone would though. I might even put in an ending for that xD)

Of course, to experience the most content, it's best to opt into whatever you can. Like if you don't follow Sasha's path at all, or corrupt her in some way, it's unlikely she'll be participating in threesomes in future, that kinda thing. I want a lot of the group content to be unlockable regardless of how your relationship with the girls is, though of course the nature of your relationship with them could affect how the group scenes play out. It's going to be a lot of work, but I started making the game partly because I couldn't find something like that, which also had girls I liked. I'd be betraying myself if I didn't put in the work. Guess we'll see if I end up sticking with that promise. Hope so.

I guess that feedback almost always helps, giving ideas, improving the story or whatever, a game (or other thing) isn't always criticized because you don't like it, many times it's for contributing with new ideas, or solving problems or inconsistencies that the dev hadn't detected.
Yep, pretty much all feedback is useful, aside from things relating to tag preferences. Stuff about not liking lesbians or whatever isn't useful, but letting me know if you get a scene you didn't want despite opting out of that kind of content is very useful, as it helps me to fix that stuff. To be clear though, some punishment is unavoidable, but at very least you'll get the option to be super tame, like you do in this update.

For example, about an hour ago a commenter on Itch let me know that in the case of you deciding not to go down the lesbian route with Cassie and Riley, there's a scene that fails to trigger, which is meant to set up the idea that Riley finds it hard to get off. Easy fix, I just didn't know it wasn't working. (Honestly no idea how that guy figured it out either.)

I don't always act on feedback even if it is useful, like if someone thought the story should go in a different direction, I might not do so because it's the story I want to tell, but anything related to mechanics is more likely to be taken on board. Like people telling me it's not obvious enough who's texted you when you open up the contacts screen. Easy fix with no downsides, so I'll do it.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
My words may come with some assumption of bias, given how early on I started supporting this project, but I've gotta say: I really appreciate how willing you are to communicate, Atemsiel, and how thoroughly you do so. Even before you had a Discord, you were posting here and with me in Patreon DMs. It handily demonstrates your passion for the project, and bodes very well for its longevity.

Argus1210

Feb 1, 2018
I would guess you're also on AMD, but if you've already updated the drivers then yes it seems something is wrong. No clue what, but I'll look into it. I'm planning to release a patch for a different issue later today, so if I find a fix in the meantime, I'll try to include it in that. (Of course, since I'm not on AMD and don't get these issues, it's hard for me to test, so it's not guaranteed.)
I noted there was a debug folder along with the file for Overnight 1, but pulling up the file inside "3" there was no code. Thanks for the reply. You're doing good stuff here, it's a really enjoyable game.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I noted there was a debug folder along with the file for Overnight 1, but pulling up the file inside "3" there was no code. Thanks for the reply. You're doing good stuff here, it's a really enjoyable game.
Glad you're liking it, sorry about the weird crashing issues. (Literally never come up before this update, and nothing has changed in the affected sections of the game, so I suspect it's actually just coming up now due to increased playerbase with varied hardware.)

I have however identified a pattern in the areas of the game people have reported crashing, so I'm making some changes which will hopefully fix the issue. I don't actually have a way to test it myself though since I can't reproduce the crash. I'm gonna put the maybe fixes in a patch which fixes a bunch of other things and release it soon. I'd hoped to release it a few hours ago, but got distracted. Not long now though, let's hope it works, feedback appreciated.

(Out of interest, do you also get a flickering issue when the onion unlocked animation pops up?)

Reactions: Argus1210

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Unfortunately I already applied the gallery unlock. I do recall something happening, but couldn't say for sure.
All good, to be honest the fixes I'm including won't affect the onion images. There's no code for that to change that'll affect the issue. It seems some hardware just has trouble displaying .webm files with an alpha mask (For the transparency so you can still see the background). To fix that I'd have to make an onion animation which either covers the entire screen (Which I don't really wanna do), or I'd have to make a different one for every possible frame where it's possible to find an onion (Which would also mean adding a massive amount of code, and maybe an extra 1-2GB of files just to fix this bug.)

I'm probably not gonna do much about the onion flickering issue other maybe in future put a setting in the options menu to replace it with something static which people can use if they get issues.

Glad to know the gallery unlock works though. I'll have to get around to thanking the guy that made it, even though he probably didn't make it to save me time xD

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Just as pretty much all content will be. I don't want people getting forced to play stuff that doesn't interest them. Even if Cassie doesn't text you to ask permission for the lesbian stuff (Which happens if you're not in the casual relationship with her at the time), you still get the chance to skip the lesbian scene. It'll be almost the same for punishment content, and main story stuff. (Such as the chance to decline going ghost hunting with Sasha, or shopping with Hikari.) Even right now I think it's actually possible to go all the way through the game without unlocking a single H scene. (No clue why anyone would though. I might even put in an ending for that xD)
It's certainly good that all content is optional, people tend to like that.

Of course, to experience the most content, it's best to opt into whatever you can. Like if you don't follow Sasha's path at all, or corrupt her in some way, it's unlikely she'll be participating in threesomes in future, that kinda thing. I want a lot of the group content to be unlockable regardless of how your relationship with the girls is, though of course the nature of your relationship with them could affect how the group scenes play out. It's going to be a lot of work, but I started making the game partly because I couldn't find something like that, which also had girls I liked. I'd be betraying myself if I didn't put in the work. Guess we'll see if I end up sticking with that promise. Hope so.
I'm not a fan of FFM (or more F) scenes. I don't dislike them, but they don't excite me either. In all probability I'm weird in this regard. In any case, I think that in general people like this kind of scenes with various LIs and the MC.

For the rest, my intention is to treat the LIs as well as possible and end up having a romance with all of them... Except possibly one, and I will probably only apply 50% of what was said to another.

Yep, pretty much all feedback is useful, aside from things relating to tag preferences. Stuff about not liking lesbians or whatever isn't useful, but letting me know if you get a scene you didn't want despite opting out of that kind of content is very useful, as it helps me to fix that stuff. To be clear though, some punishment is unavoidable, but at very least you'll get the option to be super tame, like you do in this update.
As long as the mandatory punishments remain mild, there would be no problem for me.

I don't always act on feedback even if it is useful, like if someone thought the story should go in a different direction, I might not do so because it's the story I want to tell, but anything related to mechanics is more likely to be taken on board. Like people telling me it's not obvious enough who's texted you when you open up the contacts screen. Easy fix with no downsides, so I'll do it.
I understand what you mean, not to change the story, but to help improve mechanics and discover bugs and inconsistencies.

I'm probably not gonna do much about the onion flickering issue other maybe in future put a setting in the options menu to replace it with something static which people can use if they get issues.
(Out of interest, do you also get a flickering issue when the onion unlocked animation pops up?)
I haven't found any onions (or it would be better to say, I haven't looked for the onions), I can help with that if you want.

Reactions: battali0n

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
For the rest, my intention is to treat the LIs as well as possible and end up having a romance with all of them... Except possibly one, and I will probably only apply 50% of what was said to another.
Yep this should be fine. Of course the girls will eventually find out that you're romancing all of them, but I'm not gonna spoil how they react. This will of course open up quite a lot of group sex options, which if you're not into that of course means it might seem like content is limited, but like with all the scenes, you can just say something like "I'm not in the mood" before the scene plays. You should probably expect a lot of surprise from the girls though if you do this xD

I haven't found any onions (or it would be better to say, I haven't looked for the onions), I can help with that if you want.
All good. From talking to people I've found that the onion flickering is an OpenGL issue which seems to only happen on AMD cards, and changing the renderer to ANGLE2 seems to fix it. There isn't anything I can really do about it, but that solution does seem to fix it for most people. I'm pretty close to getting a patch done that should resolve a number of other issues. It was a bit delayed because I've got one guy in my Discord who seems to be pretty much a pro playtester/proofreader, and he's found A LOT of stuff that needed fixing. Don't want people to have to download a new patch every week, so I'm trying to get as much stuff into this one as possble.

No idea if it'll fix the AMD crashing issues though. I've made a change, but I don't have a way to test it. It's been reported that changing the renderer can fix that too though, so I guess we'll see.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just released v0.2.02

No extra content, it's a bugfix. Current mega download links are updated for it (Gonna ping the mods soon for the other links), but if you're already using 0.2 or 0.2.01, there is a patch which will update the game to 0.2.02, without you needing to download the whole thing.

Just extract, and then drag the game folder over your existing one, replacing existing files. Should work for all platforms. This patch is not guaranteed to work on the current unofficial compressed, or android versions of the game. (Will probably work on the compressed one though.)

• Fixes numerous typos
  • Fixes an issue with Akemi's texts not appearing properly (You may need to roll back, save, then relaunch the game)
  • Fixes various continuity errors (Characters referencing events that didn't happen due to your choices)
  • Fixes the live chat not scrolling properly when Riley is chatting with them. (Similar fix hopefully to follow for texts)
  • Fixes camshow comments not scrolling properly.
  • Removed option to set all girls as virgins, because it makes no sense, and would be contradicted by the story later anyway.
  • Possibly fixes AMD graphics issue which was causing crashes on certain clock transitions, but I don't have a way to test, so please let me know. (If not, this issue can usually be solved by updating AMD drivers, or pressing shift-g in the game, changing the renderer to ANGLE2, and then restarting the game.)
  • Added a small red icon to the message screen to further indicate who's texting you.
  • It probably does some other stuff as well, but I forgot. This patch was originally just supposed to fix Akemi's text issues.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes