Jan 12, 2020
walkthrough? stuck on the quest where Rachel wants to talk about the rope but theirs no option? also not sure how to progress with the sunburn task. i place the crab, she freaks out but i dont progress?

Reactions: valley57

cosimar

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc/game/11.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 156674: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 751, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 572, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2864, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "C:\Stranded-Dick-VERSION-0.11-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 215, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8")
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 156674: invalid continuation byte

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thu Oct 20 18:34:00 2022

My sistem :
Device name DESKTOP-1USUGSO
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G840 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Video card : Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 1Gb DDR3

Any help to solve this problem ?

Last edited:

Jointop

May 9, 2018
I'm kind of stuck and don't know how to progress. Currently installed version 0.11b but when I get to a certain point it says "You reached the end of version 0.10". I also installed the latest version of tasklog.

In the quest sunburns I need to talk to Rachel to give here the thong found in the bag but I'm not able to.
Also in the quest Sweet Dreams I'm not able to use the playing cards.

Can anybody help me to progress?

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I'm kind of stuck and don't know how to progress. Currently installed version 0.11b but when I get to a certain point it says "You reached the end of version 0.10". I also installed the latest version of tasklog.

In the quest sunburns I need to talk to Rachel to give here the thong found in the bag but I'm not able to.
Also in the quest Sweet Dreams I'm not able to use the playing cards.

Can anybody help me to progress?
Can you post your save?

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
This is the save I'm currently playing on.
I load your save, I immediately talk to Rachel and the Sunburns quest moves to its next step. I don't see anything strange :unsure:

For Sweet Dreams, I talk to Jessica when she's near the campfire, start a coin game and choose "Use marked cards". And the quest advances too.

Jointop

May 9, 2018
I load your save, I immediately talk to Rachel and the Sunburns quest moves to its next step. I don't see anything strange :unsure:

For Sweet Dreams, I talk to Jessica when she's near the campfire, start a coin game and choose "Use marked cards". And the quest advances too.
Found the issue at hand. I also played previous releases of the game although I deleted the whole game folder. But only after I cleared the folder under C:\Users\"username"\Roaming\RenPy\Stranded-Dick the game progresses in a normal way. Maybe something out of the old saves was bugging it.

Reactions: Corambis

Led

Jul 16, 2017
in der Cheat console? oder einfach im Spiel
In the game / Im Spiel.

You first need to run the unren.bat tool in Windows Explorer. Open it up, hit "3" and press ENTER. The tool will now have made 2 files that enables the option to open the developer mode (SHIFT + D) and the command mode (SHIFT+O). If you hit SHIFT+D you will see all variables you can alter inside the game. Use SHIFT+O to enter a command to alter the variables inside the game. For instance: "money=100000". It's just an example. I haven't checked if this is the actual correct command to change the amount of money in the game.

If this is all too complicated, you also check out the following web page: . You can upload one of the save files of the game and after the upload you can alter the variables of the game on the web page. Once you're done altering, you can download the save file again to your computer and load it in the game.

Good luck!

3.20 star(s) 62 Votes