Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
One other thing I'm curious about is the timeline for Pandora. She must have found the memo ~2-3 years ago and left very quickly from Elysium to intercept the Endurance. That's quite a long time to spend alone, probably not in cryo. Maybe that's why she's so keen to kill. That's assuming a single person ship can reach the speeds of a deep space colony ship.

Or is she lying, and is coming from somewhere much, much, closer?

Reactions: MarsUltor

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
One other thing I'm curious about is the timeline for Pandora. She must have found the memo ~2-3 years ago and left very quickly from Elysium to intercept the Endurance. That's quite a long time to spend alone, probably not in cryo. Maybe that's why she's so keen to kill. That's assuming a single person ship can reach the speeds of a deep space colony ship.

Or is she lying, and is coming from somewhere much, much, closer?
Depends on when she actually got the info. She could have been searching through the databases long after the memo was sent. And we don't know exactly how far from Elysium they really are. Also, since the Endurance is a transport ship with the crew in cryo it's probably not in any rush. Pandora surely procured a faster ship.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
No. I just wanted to do a complete list. Really from Umiko down can all be #11.

11-17 is more of the order of how shocked I would be if it ended up being one of them.
If that's the case, now I'm interested in why Zara and Elsie broke the top 11, above Umiko.

I can see Zara maybe being leaned on through her addiction, and we don't (at least I don't recall hearing) how she afforded the ticket to Elysium, but addicts don't make great agents, they are more likely to be used and tossed away pretty quickly unless their handler can really manage them closely. Unless the addiction stuff is all an act, which is possible, but doesn't seem probable.

I suppose if we really want to, we could break everyone down with means, motive, opportunity. We may not know them all, but for ranking it could work.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Depends on when she actually got the info. She could have been searching through the databases long after the memo was sent. And we don't know exactly how far from Elysium they really are. Also, since the Endurance is a transport ship with the crew in cryo it's probably not in any rush. Pandora surely procured a faster ship.
i mean i assume with it being a smaller ship it would be way faster? hence why she was like "im a few days out"

Reactions: Paerun Cru'Av

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
That could be handwaved in-universe, but with Elysium in need of colonists they kinda are in a rush, and bigger ships being able to hold more fuel and accelerate for longer periods in space, bigger usually equals faster in space. Not sure how a lone hacker manages to get a super fast single-person ship that can do years of travel in less time.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
i mean i assume with it being a smaller ship it would be way faster? hence why she was like "im a few days out"
From my understanding, only until you left atmosphere, after that mass, size, aerodynamics stop being a factor in speed, as a rule of thumb.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
That could be handwaved in-universe, but with Elysium in need of colonists they kinda are in a rush, and bigger ships being able to hold more fuel and accelerate for longer periods in space, bigger usually equals faster in space. Not sure how a lone hacker manages to get a super fast single-person ship that can do years of travel in less time.
The Endurance already had a lot of the initial distance covered so that's definitely a factor. And while I agree with the fuel capacity remark, transport ships aren't usually build for speed, despite having big, strong engines. Aside from that, I'm not a space engineer, so I wouldn't be able to give a satisfactory technical answer.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
The Endurance already had a lot of the initial distance covered so that's definitely a factor. And while I agree with the fuel capacity remark, transport ships aren't usually build for speed, despite having big, strong engines. Aside from that, I'm not a space engineer, so I wouldn't be able to give a satisfactory technical answer.
i mean it would make sense because how close they are. its about 2 years when slowed down. if it was the normal pace? way faster so yeah it would sense for pandora to be closer and its true about the ships because they built like a tank lol just meant to survive and not go fast

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
From my understanding, only until you left atmosphere, after that mass, size, aerodynamics stop being a factor in speed, as a rule of thumb.
I had just always assumed she had some type of superior tech for her propulsion. She knows about Paige, so what else could she know about that is beyond standard capabilities? Just what I had assumed was true, obviously.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I had just always assumed she had some type of superior tech for her propulsion. She knows about Paige, so what else could she know about that is beyond standard capabilities? Just what I had assumed was true, obviously.
Speaking of superior tech, since the Endurance folk are waking up ~7+ years later, that could be possible, but what about the other tech mystery? THE PORTAL ROOM!!!!!!

If Umiko is right, I could see it being a portal based on Quantum Entanglement, with the other half kept on Earth. So high priority transport, more than logistical transport. Are there other theories kicking about?

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I would be curious as to the reasons folk who picked to wake Nemy up on their first playthrough did so.
Some people might want to seduce and corrupt a married woman.

thats-me-loki.gif

I also picked Ariel over Hayley because Hayley takes the decision much better regardless of who you pick (i tested both choices just to see their reactions). Ariel is devastated if you don't pick her :(. Plus, Hayley is openly bisexual so she can still get some action on the ship even if it isn't with the MC...

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Speaking of superior tech, since the Endurance folk are waking up ~7+ years later, that could be possible, but what about the other tech mystery? THE PORTAL ROOM!!!!!!

If Umiko is right, I could see it being a portal based on Quantum Entanglement, with the other half kept on Earth. So high priority transport, more than logistical transport. Are there other theories kicking about?
Would perfectly fit the theory, of how MC got on the ship.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Would perfectly fit the theory, of how MC got on the ship.
Oh, so he was smuggled off Male Cryo Ship X (forgot the name), put on another ship with a portal, bamphed over and then placed into the Endurance's cryo system, then the agent may have planted a timed virus, bamphed back and returned to Earth?

Yeah, that's a pretty decent scheme. I still personally think the agent is still onboard the Endy, but I would not be mad if this was the alternative.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
So, drone, portal room, locked off parts of the ship, perhaps Pandora's flight plans, are there other mysteries we're forgetting? And do they paint a picture of the bigger mysteries?

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
So, drone, portal room, locked off parts of the ship, perhaps Pandora's flight plans, are there other mysteries we're forgetting? And do they paint a picture of the bigger mysteries?
Well, MC's loss of memory being the obvious one. And probably a few more I can't pinpoint right now.
And I still wonder how Pandora was able to remotely hack PAIGE and add that failsafe.

Reactions: Hungover00

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
View attachment 2889121

I also picked Ariel over Hayley because Hayley takes the decision much better regardless of who you pick (i tested both choices just to see their reactions). Ariel is devastated if you don't pick her :(. Plus, Hayley is openly bisexual so she can still get some action on the ship even if it isn't with the MC...
That's a very good reason, for ship stability, I hadn't really considered, mostly because I felt it would be rewarding bratty behaviour. But it's a valid strategy for sure, and not necessarily corruption based. Thanks for that. Appeasing the unstable 18 year old ex-cheerleader does have benefits, though now I'm curious how that will play out on the eventual return of the other sister meta-path. I was expecting Ariel's objections to be worn down by loneliness, jealously, etc., and then to willingly join the harem. I suppose the other side could easily be give Ariel more experience, she see's her sister in despair, has a Come to MC's Harem moment, and makes nice with Haley.

Reactions: hysepReC

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Well, MC's loss of memory being the obvious one. And probably a few more I can't pinpoint right now.
And I still wonder how Pandora was able to remotely hack PAIGE and add that failsafe.
FRACTURE! Yeah, and without even knowing PAIGE's proper designation. How do you hack into an AI that is locked in a guy? Remotely, and probably from space, likely even when he was still a popsicle. Did Pandora wake MC up? Or plant the original virus? Was the virus that slowed the ship down and woke people up intentional, or a byproduct of hacking into PAIGE?

Dang, there are some good mysteries yet to come. Fingers crossed for the payoff.

And yes, the memory loss is one, I'm just pretty convinced of my corporate redacted theory, but there's a lot of details left to be filled in, or unredacted.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
FRACTURE! Yeah, and without even knowing PAIGE's proper designation. How do you hack into an AI that is locked in a guy? Remotely, and probably from space, likely even when he was still a popsicle. Did Pandora wake MC up? Or plant the original virus? Was the virus that slowed the ship down and woke people up intentional, or a byproduct of hacking into PAIGE?

Dang, there are some good mysteries yet to come. Fingers crossed for the payoff.

And yes, the memory loss is one, I'm just pretty convinced of my corporate redacted theory, but there's a lot of details left to be filled in, or unredacted.
I think the virus that slowed the ship down was intentional, but it being a byproduct of hacking into PAIGE is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, considering that PAIGE was never connected to Endurance's systems. And IF Pandora was the one to wake MC up, it would probably be by ignoring some usual procedures. That would explain why MC almost died, when he was suddenly woken up.

Reactions: Hungover00

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Oh, the other big ones are pre-Endy, like how he landed that crazy job with BBEC (I'm guessing some Club-Aegis connection + sex), how his previous relationships ended (Club Aegis and goth girlfriend [Vespera]) and what MC's calculated dating of Bethany was about. Seemed like some corporate spy/honey trap type of shit, but long term. And then confirmation on how he ended up heading to Elysium (with the sub-mystery of how he was transferred to the Endy).

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I think the virus that slowed the ship down was intentional, but it being a byproduct of hacking into PAIGE is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, considering that PAIGE was never connected to Endurance's systems. And IF Pandora was the one to wake MC up, it would probably be by ignoring some usual procedures. That would explain why MC almost died, when he was suddenly woken up.
Which goes back to how Pandora could hack PAIGE if PAIGE wasn't connected to the Endurance's systems. Maybe she didn't? Maybe Fracture was already implanted and Pandora's whole story is a whole-cloth fabrication? I feel like there may be some crossed threads with Egypt's girl's sister, who was a genius-level coder from Elysium. They don't look like relatives, but maybe rivals or some other connection. Haven't gotten to the Japan memory yet, so not sure what clues might be down that path.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes